• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Just in case you all didn't know. Lil Wayne sold 1 Million Records the first week again... WEEZY BABY!!!

Let the hate begin... cause it's all love on this side of the court...

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I didn't like it the first time I listened through it...

Now I listen to it almost everyday. Now the only thing I don't like about the album is that it doesn't have Up Up and Away on it. So I just had to download it after I purchased it. But this is honestly an all around solid album that touches on a diverse amount to subject matter. I think it's better than Carter 3 Easily. All Tha Carters are good...but this might take the cake..

Jane

Smash Hero
^agreed with the best carter part. but then again that wasn't a tough decision for me seeing as anything pre-carter 2 is nonlistenable for me haha.

speaking of wayne,, good song.

david banner ft. akon, snoop dogg, & lil wayne - speaker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aabz0bTvMY

and some rozay for ya asses. i reeaaallly wanna see him live again..

rick ross ft. john legend - magnificent
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_VINjSdVxI

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Just in case you all didn't know. Lil Wayne sold 1 Million Records the first week again... WEEZY BABY!!!

Let the hate begin... cause it's all love on this side of the court...
Nigga, shut the **** up, that album did 964k.

If that's a milli to you, Ye did a milli as well.

Sorry, Y.B.M., I really have nothing against you.

I just dislike Lil Wayne fans in general.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Nigga, shut the **** up, that album did 964k.

If that's a milli to you, Ye did a milli as well.

Sorry, Y.B.M., I really have nothing against you.

I just dislike Lil Wayne fans in general.
I know what billboards say.
http://www.rapbasement.com/sales-ch...charts-for-the-week-ending-september-4th.html

Also, don't start wit me... I'm not the one. You don't know me, so you have no reason to dislike me just because I'm a fan of someone. That's borderline prejudice. I'll void it this time..

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
who cares

"if you go platinum it's got nothing to do with luck it just means a million people are stupid as ****"

well, not really. but who cares about sales, really? i hate when people talk about that or rap about it and it's definitely not something to catch feelings over

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I still don't understand why people don't like Wayne SO much.

Like yeah he's cocky for no reason, and is washed up (at what like 30?)
But he's not void of good songs.

I feel like you still hate wayne, cause it was like the cool thing to do in like 2007/2008 and you just never came to the conclusion that "Hey it's music, everyone has good songs and everyone has bad songs. If I don't like someone I don't have to make it a point to bash them and anyone who supports them at every corner, I can just keep stuff like that to myself."

Cmon son, you gonna tell me this is a bad song?

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I know what billboards say.
http://www.rapbasement.com/sales-ch...charts-for-the-week-ending-september-4th.html

Also, don't start wit me... I'm not the one. You don't know me, so you have no reason to dislike me just because I'm a fan of someone. That's borderline prejudice. I'll void it this time..
http://www.billboard.com/#/news/it-s-official-lil-wayne-s-carter-iv-debuts-1005340562.story

One of these sources are lying. One of em has to put up official results on Thursday.
I still don't understand why people don't like Wayne SO much.

Like yeah he's cocky for no reason, and is washed up (at what like 30?)
But he's not void of good songs.

I feel like you still hate wayne, cause it was like the cool thing to do in like 2007/2008 and you just never came to the conclusion that "Hey it's music, everyone has good songs and everyone has bad songs. If I don't like someone I don't have to make it a point to bash them and anyone who supports them at every corner, I can just keep stuff like that to myself."

Cmon son, you gonna tell me this is a bad song?

07-08? That **** still goes on.

And I've said multiple times that I enjoy Tha Carter II. It's just I can't seem to wrap my finger around why almost a million people would shell out money for this kind of thing. For his type of music that he puts out now. I mean really.

I just don't like mediocre albums by washed up artists getting ****rode by millions for reasons undeserved...

I.E. Recovery, C4

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm a Wayne stan. This Carter is meh. Maybe better than Cater III. But **** not it's not better than The Cater I/II. No where close.

NO WHERE CLOOOOSE!

If you wanna know how much of a Wayne stan I am. This is the only album of his I didn't buy. Kinda glad I didn't either.

rhan

Smash Hero
Matador: Mirror and interlude are like the only non mainstream songs that I like so far from the album. Everything else is meh or weak. Just save yourself the trouble and listen to those.

Jane

Smash Hero
i seriously hate game too haha. i am a straight up a wiz hater and a game hater. no one else.

i listened to the red album and couldnt see wtf the big deal was. still same old name dropping *** over self entitling *** game, except this time hes mimicking other rappers' flows.

i still enjoyed a lot of the beats though. and a lot of the guest features. so i'll definitely listen to it again.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
You seem to love underground rap, for the most part. Do you pay mainstream rap any attention?
I dislike mainstream.

I'm not a hipster, but I'm educated enough to recognize good music when I hear it. Drake and Gucci Mane fail to move me with their extremely powerful, thought-provoking music.

Top Bottom