• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Who the hell is Jigga?
I Lmao'd.

So I'm just wondering cuz I've been lurking and have seen it throughout the thread...how many of u guys dislike Jay's music but haven't heard his best albums (Reasonable Doubt, Vol 2, Blueprint) before?

Or dislike Lil Wayne but haven't heard The Carter/Dedication 1 and 2?

In my opinion, you gotta hear an artist at their best to properly pass judgement on em. Then you could at least say they "fell off" instead of them sucking completely. They might even surprise u too. For example:

Soulja boi sucks completely.
Waka sucks completely.
50 Tyson, however, is a ****in monster. His 07 mixtapes >>> ur favorite rapper's best work.

Jane

Smash Hero
youre on point with jay, but with wayne i refer people to no ceilings, and the carter meets the cartel. both really showcase what wayne can do

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
i've listened to carter 1, 2, & 3 and both dedications and da drought 3.....still don't like him. i like carter 2 though....well......not really. i like a few tracks. his voice just keep changing. very soon, he'll sound like yoda.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I play Watch My Shoes habitually.

I don't even know why, usually punchlines get stale after 2 or 3 listens.

I mean, it's w/e if you still don't like him, lmao. I'm not even some huge fan, and I give artists more time to grow on me than a lot of people I know...

I just find it funny how people **** on Wayne, but all they've heard are random tracks on the radio or features.

Like, if u judged crazy MCs like Royce or Luda based off just their recent stuff, you'd get a terrible impression. I think if u hear an artist at their best and still don't like them, you can say they ****in suck, and back it up.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
i dunno about luda. to me, he just doesn't have it in him to make a classic album. great rapper, but i find very few of his songs to be really dope; some are comical, some are just straight **** talking. he always does well on features, though. his recent stuff has been absolute trash.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I agree with the classic album part...I can't see him doing it. He's an amazing rapper though, dunno what's goin on with him right now, lmao. Theatre of the Mind was one of the worst albums I've ever heard and I have no clue why...

Anyways though, I went ahead and made a Xat group called WorldSmashHipHop and fooled around with it a bit (never done it before). Incase you dunno what it is, it's basically a chat wherein you can watch youtube videos with everyone who's logged in at the time. Figured it'd be cool to listen to music with my smash/hip-hop brethren and talk about **** as we're vibing to music or putting up our favorite diss tracks that people may have not heard before. Easy to use, everyone will be able to put up videos whenever they want, and even mah dood N9NE will have nothin to worry about since you can't even put up Vevo videos in there anyways, lol.

The main problem with these things is inactivity, but I doubt we'll have that problem with the speed this thread goes. And of course, this is just a suggestion. I've done it before with a bunch of people and it's pretty amazing and figured it'd be cool if we tried it.

And @ Jane, if you still wanted to make one yourself, feel free to and I'll scrap this one. And of course, being da gawd n whatnot, you have super duper owner status from the get-go.

Here's the link. Bookmark it, lol. http://xat.com/WorldSmashHipHop

Anyone who has more experience than I do with making these or has suggestions, lemme know. If you hate this idea, lemme know. If you got questions, lemme know.

Jane

Smash Hero
oh forshizzle! its cool, thats why i wanted to make it myself lol, to make the name "World Smash Hip-Hop" but since you made that right we'll keep it

EVERYONE BOOKMARK THE CHAT, AND JOIN IN RANDOMLY, OR RIGHT NOW!!!

Niko45

Smash Master
Pretty much every Jay hater I've seen in here only refers to post-black album stuff.

Ludacris is nasty and definitely underrated. Never had the full out classic although Word of Mouf is really good. He spread out his great stuff over his first 3 or 4 albums, and while his music has fallen off recently his skills definitely have not if you're still paying attention to him.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Who the hell is Jigga?
WUT! :psycho:

i dunno about luda. to me, he just doesn't have it in him to make a classic album. great rapper, but i find very few of his songs to be really dope; some are comical, some are just straight **** talking. he always does well on features, though. his recent stuff has been absolute trash.
I agree in general. However I do like one of his recent songs: Call Up the Homies ft. The Game and Willy Northpole

I like the conversational style. Pretty sick beat too. And for somebody I had never heard of before, Willy Northpole had a pretty nice verse.

Of course this is if you consider 2008 to be new. Battle of the Sexes sucked IMO.

Pretty much every Jay hater I've seen in here only refers to post-black album stuff.
Yeah. Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint, and Black Album are all classics. And also arguable Life of S. Carter Vol. 2.

soap

Smash Hero
that word of mouf "greatest hits" skit accurately describes so many luda fans lmao

I liked theater of the mind mostly. I do it for hip hop was dope. Jays verse was kinda weak on that, just to bring this conversation full circle

"alot of these rappers couldn't wash my socks..."

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
above guy- seriously? it's jay
also this thread is hella tight i'm gonna start coming here way more often

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Awww... looks like I was late to the xat party... managed to catch Kingdom Come / Champ Slice though.

We gonna continue to use this in the future? (I'm WuggyMush on xat btw... have no ****ing idea why...)

.Marik

is a social misfit
Awww... looks like I was late to the xat party... managed to catch Kingdom Come / Champ Slice though.

We gonna continue to use this in the future? (I'm WuggyMush on xat btw... have no ****ing idea why...)
Black Luster Soldier?

I approve. Good stuff.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
lol you can edit your name on there. definitely catch it next time. it was actually pretty good, cept for some wack songs being posted lol.
Great, because I don't want to be WuggyMush again. So this is going to be a regular thing we do? Good stuff.

Black Luster Soldier?

I approve. Good stuff.
Hell yeah, man. :pimp:

I was just like "I really need a new avatar..." and then the first thing that popped into my head was black luster soldier.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I'll be in there tonight. Only thing is I'm way ahead of you dudes. When you guys are thinking about breakfast I'm heating up my dinner.

Real talk Jermaine, real talk.

It's cool though. I'll just mess up my sleeping hours.

Wanna see how this site works. Been on something similar with another forum but they used tinychat which allows you to go on mic or cam. This xat site do that?

ALSO

Dark_Night_Productions said:
MM4> Any other Joe project.

By a longshot too. I been a fan since '02 and can say that with ease.

Everything is elevated. The lyrics, the flow, wordplay, production, sound quality, direction, this is his Magnum Opus IMO.

It starts off with an INCREDIBLE bang by Sean C & LV on the intro. Every bar gave me chills. For those who heard the blog tv rip or the sobs show rip it just doesn't compare. The guitars and piano on the actual version, along with joes passion proves again why he's the intro king, and I think this was his best intro yet.

Every J Cardim track was killer and I'll honestly be really dissapointed if Come Along don't make MM4, cause that's a banger.

Fab was his normal self, but banks flow was murderous. Royce put the track in a body bag, and Joe crushed it too. I'd say Royce>Joe>Banks>Fab

1000 faces was way to deep to catch in 1 listen, same goes for Black Cloud and Stuck in the moment, I think those will be the 3 best Gems of the tape, along with Follow my lead and role reversal not far behind at all.

The 3 skits were funny, especially Killa Bh's.

Aftermath, welcome to reality and inseparable were all dope as ****, need to give them listens again though, couldn't catch everything on one listen.

He murdered Inception, and I'd call it the "Dumb Out" of MM4. Not on the same level as dumb out, but the energy and hype is definitely there.

Sober up was bonkers. Hook was super catchy, lyrics too, and for those who keep judging verses before hearing them you should cut your ears off and twitpic them once you hear Crooked kill it.

Every track stood out to me personally. For one every beat was fire, I can't see anyone downing this tape because of production, because it is the best produced/quality of music product Joe has ever made.

Best hip hop release this year by far, as well as Joe Budden project, and I honestly think you can throw this in as a top hip hop record this past decade (01-10).

You made an Incredible record Joe, thanks for the opportunity to hear it a month early.
OH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

ALSO

Probaby late but

Kanye West - So Appalled (Feat. Jay-Z, RZA, Pusha T, Swizz Beatz & Cyhi The Prynce)

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
I'll be in there tonight. Only thing is I'm way ahead of you dudes. When you guys are thinking about breakfast I'm heating up my dinner.

Real talk Jermaine, real talk.

It's cool though. I'll just mess up my sleeping hours.

Wanna see how this site works. Been on something similar with another forum but they used tinychat which allows you to go on mic or cam. This xat site do that?
i just checked. you're like 5 hours ahead of us. if you're gonna get on, just post on the boards first. i know i ain't got **** to do today so i'll be on here a while. and i know the site has webcam so i assume it has a mic.....ya'll gonna try to rap? lol

DAMMIT. i'm more hyped about mm4 now :( i wanted the hardcopy but joe said there will be more songs on the online version :/.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I was actually thinking about that yesterday...kinda don't want that to happen.

Edit: @ Serin/Kingdom, lol. I want outrageous claims too ^_^

I think Ice Cube's a top 10 MC?

I think J.Cole is getting the variety of hype that's actually bad for an artist...the kind that makes whatever album they actually put out...garbage.

I think MF Doom > Blu...very often in fact...

Biggie > Pac, Big L, Pun, and all those other oldschool legends.

Snoop is terrible. Only had an album and a half of music that actually has replay value...

All true opinions of mine btw..

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Only point I agree with is the Cole one. But I wouldn't say garbage, just overwhelmed with expectation; inappropriate expectation. I'm sure it'll be good just not godly as suggested.

Top Bottom