• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World of Warcraft Discussion: Mists of Pandaria

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
The biggest problem I have is

>we kill Old Gods
>we kill demons and their lords
>we kill the undead and their lord
>we kill a dragon that's caused massive butthurt throughout the entire Warcraft storyline

>we explore China

Do you not see the inconsistencies? sdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdf
Yes, 'cause WoW's story and setting is soooooooo consistent.

(It really isn't.)

Anyway, I'm sure the resolution of the Dragon Soul raid will tie up some loose ends, if that's what you're really worried about.

To quote a meme, though, in regards to the nature of your statement : Not sure if serious...

I don't really care either way. Cool environments, cool class revisions and systems, and a cool new class to **** around with---I'm set. Bring on the furries, the Kung Fu Panda fanboys, the weaboos...whatever. I'll reserve any real judgment until I play it.

Smooth Criminal

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
A panda man helped reunite the horde and fight one of the major kingdoms of the alliance when they went rogue.

Let's see what ancient evil is unveiled before we judge if it's worthy or not. Surely there is going to be some kind of big bad boss after fighting Deathwing himself.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I hope Blizzard focuses on the Alliance vs. Horde conflict. I'm kinda tired of the two factions dancing around an all-out war with one another and being forced to cooperate in hamfisted ways.

Not to say that ganging up on a mutual threat isn't plausible or anything. I just grow tired of it.

Smooth Criminal

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
One of the released information about the expansion pack was bringing the war between the two to the forefront

I have absolutely no idea what is up with that new "pet battle system"
>pokemon
they've got going on.

I hate to say it but this is the only expansion Blizzard has come out with that I actually got bad first impressions on. Initially, I thought Mists of Pandaria was a joke.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Your concerns aren't unfounded. The new talent system could blow back in their faces if they don't balance it right, for starters. I'm also not really looking forward going through AV-like instances for these scenario encounters (if they evolve into anything PvP related). There's plenty more little things that bother me as a player, but I'm too tired to list 'em. I'm just gonna wait and see, but until then, hype.

Also, MONKS!

Day 2 Blizzcon updates are on MMO Champion. The biggest piece of news for me was the panel about art direction. Apparently they want to give all of the old races a facelift to keep them in line with the models of the newer races (Pandaren, Goblin, Worgen). In short:

HUMANS MIGHT NOT BE FUGLY ANYMORE. HOLY **** NEW CHARACTER MODELS!

Oh, and they're toning down Cata stats, meaning that characters are going to be a little weaker than before. Enemies will be adjusted accordingly, of course.

Smooth Criminal

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I did the one you linked, but I'm pretty sure all it does is reset your battle.net account password and stuff. My WoW account specifically is still banned, lol :/
Well it's what I used that got my account back when it was hacked, but yeah, if it's banned you'll probably need to contact Blizzard.

Pandaren were a joke race for the longest time
Technically they were a joke pre-Warcraft 3, but ended up with so much positiveness towards them they added them into the lore (See the Warcraft 3: Founding of Durotar campaign)

The biggest problem I have is

>we kill Old Gods
>we kill demons and their lords
>we kill the undead and their lord
>we kill a dragon that's caused massive butthurt throughout the entire Warcraft storyline

>we explore China

Do you not see the inconsistencies? sdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdf
I look at it as we've dealt with all the currently active threats against us, now the Horde and the Alliance have to focus on themselves again. WoW Classic didn't need a big bad and it's nice to have a break between global catastrophes (The AQ war effort, scourrge invasion, gate to Outland opening with demons invading, the second scourge invasion, the planet shattering) We need a break. The Horde and Alliance armies must be close to collapse as it is with these campaigns.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
One of the released information about the expansion pack was bringing the war between the two to the forefront
That's pretty cool, though I don't see why we can't just be friends :|

Does anyone else read that and think "Warcraft 4" because I do. /hopeful

Your concerns aren't unfounded. The new talent system could blow back in their faces if they don't balance it right, for starters. I'm also not really looking forward going through AV-like instances for these scenario encounters (if they evolve into anything PvP related). There's plenty more little things that bother me as a player, but I'm too tired to list 'em. I'm just gonna wait and see, but until then, hype.
Wasn't the New Talent System the huge thing in Cata, though? I never really got to play with it, but didn't they change a ton of stuff?

Gahh, I still haven't looked at the updates released at this blizzcon, I might do it now.

If the new pvp stuff is like AV, that will be annoying.

Also, MONKS!
Diablo 3.

Day 2 Blizzcon updates are on MMO Champion. The biggest piece of news for me was the panel about art direction. Apparently they want to give all of the old races a facelift to keep them in line with the models of the newer races (Pandaren, Goblin, Worgen). In short:

HUMANS MIGHT NOT BE FUGLY ANYMORE. HOLY **** NEW CHARACTER MODELS!
That's awesome.

When people "8|" at me about achievements, I laugh.
8|

was one of the most annoying additions to WoW because then you got annoying scrubs that were willing to (or at least wanted to) wipe the group in the hope of getting some meaningless achievement.

it's not even a wow-specific thing, it's a thing that's everywhere in gaming nowadays and is ********.

8|

was one of the most annoying additions to WoW because then you got annoying scrubs that were willing to (or at least wanted to) wipe the group in the hope of getting some meaningless achievement.

it's not even a wow-specific thing, it's a thing that's everywhere in gaming nowadays and is ********.
This so much.

I remember back when WoW didn't have achievements: I'd go over to my friend's house, play some game that DID have achievements, think "Wow, you wasted your time and killed us numerous times to get that?", and I'd come back and feel good that I played a game that didn't have achievements.

I mean, it's not a game-breaking flaw, but basically what Asidohohoho said.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
It adds replay value. -shrugs.-

I don't really care much for 'cheevs anyway so my opinion's pretty neutral. I haven't grouped with anyone, in PvP or PvE, that's been hellbent on getting achievements. Well, actually, there was that one group I was in that did the 3 Drakes up thing in Wyrmrest. We got it in one try cause we were stupidly overgeared...

Smooth Criminal

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I never ****ed **** up intentionally for an achievement unless everybody wanted to.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
That's pretty cool, though I don't see why we can't just be friends
Because its not world of friendcraft. Plus if they all become bestbbuds, that would ol warrant 4 if there's no conflict.

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No. Warcraft is Blizzard's MMO franchise and Starcraft is their RTS franchise.
Warcraft II was my favorite RTS of theirs for years

I want my Warcraft RTS back.

Besides, aren't they making that "Titan" MMO?

If they are making a new MMO series, they can make Warcraft an RTS again

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
@PsychoIncarnate: LOL you have a Creeper for SSB4 sig

I got an email from Blizz saying that my (edit: old, old, old) account was hacked but they restored it. And I get 30 days of playtime? I think I'm going to roll a Worgen (which I never played) Druid (which I never played) and play for 30 days. :3

Whoa, seriously?

/completely change talents in cata
/completely COMPLETELY change talents in panda
I saw a recent post somewhere that the things in the MoP talent calculator are actually extra utility talents, but the old talent trees are kept or something.

Like, you can still pick Enhance/Elemental/Resto for a shaman, but can also pick up an extra utility spell or totem every 15 levels.

I'm hoping that's what Blizz will do instead.
Because if that talent calculator is all we have, then everything is ****ed.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
@PsychoIncarnate: LOL you have a Creeper for SSB4 sig

I got an email from Blizz saying that my (edit: old, old, old) account was hacked but they restored it. And I get 30 days of playtime? I think I'm going to roll a Worgen (which I never played) Druid (which I never played) and play for 30 days. :3
are you sure it wasn't a scam? :\

I saw a recent post somewhere that the things in the MoP talent calculator are actually extra utility talents, but the old talent trees are kept or something.

Like, you can still pick Enhance/Elemental/Resto for a shaman, but can also pick up an extra utility spell or totem every 15 levels.

I'm hoping that's what Blizz will do instead.
Because if that talent calculator is all we have, then everything is ****ed.
ok, that sounds super awesome then. i looked at the pally talents and if those are in addition to the stuff they get, then hell yeah!

idk how people will fit spells on their actionbars anymore though.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
are you sure it wasn't a scam? :\
Yeah I had to make sure it wasn't. I changed all my passwords, used the battle.net support website, had to unban my account by filling out a form and scanning it in to battle.net with my Photo ID. But in the end of it all, I got 30 days.

finalark

SNORLAX
Free play time is awesome.

I'd like to see Warcraft IV, but I know its not gonna happen. Warcraft was the most successful as an MMORPG while Starcraft is the best selling RTS ever. Do the math.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
they arent mutually exclusive. selling a new Warcraft RTS could bring in extreme sales due to interested WoW players and ex-players

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah Tom!

I loved warcraft 2 and 3.

I haven't played starcraft, and don't really want to. The WC universe is more interesting to me.

I wonder if they would bring back Heroes? They obviously didn't do it for SC2, I wonder if it's just because it's SC, not WC, or because they just thought the hero idea was a failure.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's just that as SC2 is based on science, it doesn't work with being able to rez 'heroes' like you could in WC3. The units are still there (and were in SC1) just if they die, they die. There might be an aexception to this through in the zerg campaign, since Kerrigan could just regrow herself (which is something she did in SC1 I believe)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Psh, who are we kidding? Everybody knows that aliens are the biggest factor even in Warcraft (and that's not even a joke) and that the Starcraft and Warcraft universes will eventually be merged and become one entity: StarWarCraft. Or some better name.

But it'll happen, just wait! Diablo might even get mixed up in there too!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Yeah Tom!

I loved warcraft 2 and 3.

I haven't played starcraft, and don't really want to. The WC universe is more interesting to me.

I wonder if they would bring back Heroes? They obviously didn't do it for SC2, I wonder if it's just because it's SC, not WC, or because they just thought the hero idea was a failure.
i love the starcraft lore. kerrigan is a babe.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
i love the starcraft lore. kerrigan is a babe.
+1 to the Starcraft lore love, though gotta say, was not a fan of the way they split the story up in SC2. I like my stories linear please.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Diablo and Baal would destroy everything.

'Nuff said.

Smooth Criminal
Except Diablo and Baal can be soloed by one person, while an average boss in WoW takes 40 25 I don't even know how big raids are anymore. :c

/misses 40 man raids
/but they were a pain
/oh well

+1 to the Starcraft lore love, though gotta say, was not a fan of the way they split the story up in SC2. I like my stories linear please.
Do you mean the way they split the game up into one game so they can have triple the monies?!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Except Diablo and Baal can be soloed by one person, while an average boss in WoW takes 40 25 I don't even know how big raids are anymore. :c
It's 10/25 man raids now.

Do you mean the way they split the game up into one game so they can have triple the monies?!
No, I mean how you could pick who you wanted to do missions for. It felt like 3 damn stories in one. I would have prefered being told "hey here's your next mission" and have the story better written than to have 4 different story threads split up all over the game.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Was definitely in a REGULAR dungeon run of Tol'Vir and had a healer that couldn't handle it.

How the **** can you not even heal a regular dungeon.

"But the healer's a giiiiiiirlll!"

I'm a girl and I could heal better than you with bandages you stupid *****, go **** yourself with a rake.

God do I hate random dungeons.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Who in the hell would discriminate against their healers based on their gender?

Wait, no. Scratch that. I actually know. :awesome:

People can be pretty ******** sometimes, Azua. :c

Smooth Criminal

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Someone in the group actually tried to use 'she's a girl' as an excuse for her inability to heal after we died. Who does that.

Top Bottom