• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World of Warcraft Discussion: Mists of Pandaria

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Someone in the group actually tried to use 'she's a girl' as an excuse for her inability to heal after we died. Who does that.
*******es, apparently. :c

I've had a few experiences like that. Not many of them, thankfully. I've had a tank ragequit in the middle of a pull before because one of the undergeared casters in the group politely asked to stop and drink before the next mob. This tank types out the equivalent of "**** you, you're a nub and you need to keep up. Same with the rest of u" and rushes off to pull mobs anyway. Then, he says "see ya!" and probably alt-F4s out. We get ***** by the mobs, of course. The worst part of that was the wait. I swear, we were in the dungeon finder forever trying to get a tank...

I think this was in a ICC dungeon, too. The Forge of Souls.

But gender...that's just ridiculous.

Smooth Criminal

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
hahaha

everyone knows that only applies to driving :p

@Mic: so you basically have to replay the game if you want to get all the story content?

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I've had a tank ragequit in the middle of a pull before because one of the undergeared casters in the group politely asked to stop and drink before the next mob. This tank types out the equivalent of "**** you, you're a nub and you need to keep up. Same with the rest of u" and rushes off to pull mobs anyway. Then, he says "see ya!"
I've had that happen a few times but before cata I'd just go frost presence (pre-talent change) and tank what they left behind. Then we'd laugh at them because fail troll was fail.

I can understand getting a bit irritated when someone needs mana too frequently (Usually undergeared or specced wrong or just not paying attention....it's rarely ever the tank/dps taking too much damage per pull in my experiences) but if they call it out, just ****ing wait. If you pull without them being able to heal you, you'll probably die, so why do it?

We had a priest in full pvp gear healing our group yesterday too. Needed mana every single freaking pull, was constantly afk, and also for some reason decided he needed to tell everyone else how they should be playing their class. (All while typing and not healing!)
We were finally like "quit *****ing and just ****ing heal or we will replace you" and he got butthurt over it but started paying attention. Still needed mana every goddamn pull though and whined constantly about everything. I wish I could punch people in the face through their monitors.

At least it wasn't HoR. For some reason HoR was impossible for people to do.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I went here to remember what HoR stood for (I remember halls of reflection now, that place was a pain if you had bad people) and now I'm looking at the cata instances and sad I haven't played them.

How is Blackwing Descent? How is Heroic Zul'Gurub?
How about heroic Deadmines and Shadowfang, how long have those been out?
edit: And Grim Batol is only 5 man? How is it? I remember that place being a place of mystery to me, back when you could look at it but not go in.

/want to play
/wish i played when the game was released but they took so damn long to release the game that i got bored and quit "forever"

Seriously, I just wanted to experience the hype of a WoW game/expansion during the release, when everything is brand new to everyone. I was sooo looking forward to it (but not the famous lag i've heard about)
But nope, took them forever. Isn't it true that ICC was the longest running dungeon without new content?

edit: http://www.wowwiki.com/Corpse

lol.

another edit:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/_...11.jpg/830px-Sample_scenario_BlizzCon2011.jpg

whoa, suddenly Goldtooth has a storyline of some sort. what is this random picture i saw on the wiki, and why's it have MoP on the bottom

*******es, apparently. :c

I've had a few experiences like that. Not many of them, thankfully. I've had a tank ragequit in the middle of a pull before because one of the undergeared casters in the group politely asked to stop and drink before the next mob. This tank types out the equivalent of "**** you, you're a nub and you need to keep up. Same with the rest of u" and rushes off to pull mobs anyway. Then, he says "see ya!" and probably alt-F4s out. We get ***** by the mobs, of course. The worst part of that was the wait. I swear, we were in the dungeon finder forever trying to get a tank...

But gender...that's just ridiculous.

Smooth Criminal
I've had that happen a few times but before cata I'd just go frost presence (pre-talent change) and tank what they left behind. Then we'd laugh at them because fail troll was fail.

I can understand getting a bit irritated when someone needs mana too frequently (Usually undergeared or specced wrong or just not paying attention....it's rarely ever the tank/dps taking too much damage per pull in my experiences) but if they call it out, just ****ing wait. If you pull without them being able to heal you, you'll probably die, so why do it?

We had a priest in full pvp gear healing our group yesterday too. Needed mana every single freaking pull, was constantly afk, and also for some reason decided he needed to tell everyone else how they should be playing their class. (All while typing and not healing!)
We were finally like "quit *****ing and just ****ing heal or we will replace you" and he got butthurt over it but started paying attention. Still needed mana every goddamn pull though and whined constantly about everything. I wish I could punch people in the face through their monitors.

At least it wasn't HoR. For some reason HoR was impossible for people to do.
I primarily DPS, so whenever I've had a tank that ragequits after pulling, I usually have some method of escape.
If I'm on my pally, I bubble and the threat goes to everyone else while I run away.
If I'm a mage, invisibility or blink helps.
If I'm a rogue, VANISH or sprint away.
If I'm a shaman, I thunderstorm the mobs away and run away as a ghost wolf.
If I'm a DK, I pop unholy presence and run away. Generally it doesn't work.
If I'm a hunter, feign death/disengage are amazing.
If I'm a druid, well I DON'T PLAY DRUIDs.
Oh and if I'm a priest, I fear everything, fade, and disperse while running away with inner will popped.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Strange, there are so many threat removing effects from all the classes, yet I as a hunter am the only one that uses them.

You can also use your pet to buy some time if you need to run to the entrance.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
@Mic: so you basically have to replay the game if you want to get all the story content?
No, it was just you could pick and choose missions from 4 or 5 different people and each basically was it's own mini-campaign that was all taking place roughly the same time at the others, which was jsut stupid.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You died like a man, while I feigned and escaped.

I'm the one comforting your woman with tales of your bravery, with her through the night.

Edit: Doesn't work for everyone

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Just be careful, she hides a knife under her pillow.

Man I don't even remember posting here yesterday. I do some silly **** when I have a high fever.

Edit: I guess that means you'll see a repeat of this tomorrow.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
It's silly to post in random places and not remember it. (Two places on here and counting) I also set my thermostat to 40 last night. :/

Fevers make me sleepwalk and do other dumb things.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
**** escaping. Beast through it or die like a man. Unless you were the one that was ragequitting, then trolololol
My DK generally outgears all the randoms by such a large degreee I tank half of the time anyways, unless I afk and autoattack.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I wish they hadn't taken out the stupid sprite darter pet quest. I really hate having to kill all of Feralas looking for one.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Isn't Feralas mostly unchanged in Cata? At least, geographically? I think some of the like, populus there is different or something, but the land itself is mostly unchanged right?

man i miss exploring

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Some of it's underwater and there's an island missing, but it's pretty much the same other than that. The quest was taken out before Cata. It's a stupid zone drop now. >:[

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've never been there before. It's hard to get to compared to the other levels zones

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Back in the day Feralas was more or less mandatory alongside Tanaris for 39-49.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I assume you're talking about horde :p

Ahh, good old days of leveling Humans back in Classic (or i guess pre-cata)
start in elwynn, go to westfall, go to redridge, then duskwood.... or something like that....

then wherever you want and stuff

i kind of liked leveling in Searing Gorge. Burning Steppes, to a lesser extent.

It's funny how getting to searing gorge was really dangerous at low levels, since you pretty much had to go through the burning steppes, which are higher level.

ahhh i miss this game sometimes...

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
You guys still play the game though :p

All I need to remember is that it's not as fun as I remember!

...though I did get sucked in back in January 2010 by the ten free days thing, and ended up playing for another ten months...

edit: ok i get CONSTANT spam email about WoW and diablo 3, but this one is so hilariously bad that i had to share it.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
In hindsight I definitely should not have worn a wig with my NE halloween costume. The blue that was already on my hair looked so much better :c

Also, heroic deadmines is terrible. Why did they makie it a heroic? whyyyy

I am going to be so pissed if the ZG heroics are this bad.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
well he was kind of a pushover before so I think they're just making up for that?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
whatcha guys talkin' about?
is heroic DMs new? why's it sucks so much? the instance was a bit long, but not bad. how about heroic SFK?

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
heroic sfk is at least enjoyable. heroic deadmines is too ****ing long and dragged out.

yesterday was the first day i got it while queuing for randoms.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Heroic Deadmines takes almost no time with a good group and way too long with anybody else.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
so basically it takes too long since randoms almost always pairs you with bads lol

fkacyan

Smash Hero
so basically it takes too long since randoms almost always pairs you with bads lol
I don't think I ever did Deadmines as a random. I was set for all that **** doing premades and then ZA/ZG came out... Which honestly are even worse than Deadmines with a bad group.

After I got my DPS gear I literally stopped running randoms. Who needs to cap VP every week, **** that ****.

On another note, guild got our purple firehawks / legendary staff this week. I offered to sit for the achievements to let our new warrior get gear, because the achieves arent even remotely hard.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
ZA/ZG came out... Which honestly are even worse than Deadmines with a bad group.
dude yes. I do approve of ZG at least, though I'm a little miffed they messed with the character models but whatev.

Did ZG yesterday and had my healer friend explain what was going on to me, the only one I really have a problem with is panther ***** and her random moving around ****, because she hits you with something if you're in front of her and it ****ing hurts.....I move away AND SHE TELEPORTS RIGHT IN MY FACE AGAIN. She did it like 4 times. Does she randomly do it and I just have back luck or was I doing something to provoke her wrath? I never once pulled aggro.

We had a huntard that ran in random directions and almost killed us while we were on trash because he pulled a bunch of crap...and we had a shammy that left mid-fight during a boss. I also fell through the temple at one point. I'm not sure if it's supposed to do that?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When not in combat, I always have my hunter in camouflage for the purpose of not running into mobs and to show they group I'm not the one that ran into a mob if someone did.

It's not a cloak (Unless you stand still), but you have to be right up in the enemies face to aggro them in camouflage

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
i just stay away from them unless the tank pulls lol

occasionally when someone pulls something they arent supposed to i'll take aggro off of them and drag it to the tank, but this huntard was like, out in space

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Checked the dungeon journal (shift J) it looks like she randomly hits people with Lash of Anguish, which might be it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Greetings PsychoIncarnate,

Your account has been selected to participate in an upcoming Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Beta Weekend Test.
[/FONT]
Well, I'll be trying out SWTOR this weekend apparently. They have a strange way of Beta testing, having it only for the weekend? ...Too bad I work all this weekend. Going to see how it compares to WoW

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I watched Robert play it yesterday. It's got some different battle mechanics and the graphics are a lot smoother, but I kept getting irked because everything in the starting area is like the same ****ing color and that bothers me.

Top Bottom