• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WoL World of Light "How do I Beat That Spirit?" Thread

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
ALRIGHT NERDS CHECK THIS OUT

let's do a quick lil' compilation of 'problem spirits and solutions to ****ing wreck them'

GENERAL ADVICE: infinite smash charge in the skill tree and super armor + beam sword or ore club spirits are your best ****ing friends and trivialize 90% of non-problem spirit encounters. just match weaknesses and go get 'em champ now. if for whatever reason you lose your club or sword just SD unless you're SUPER close to victory or are comfortable with the fight because **** the ai in some of the spirit battles. now for the specific ****ers this rule doesn't apply to

- Pauline: get a spirit with a Staff and as much + Shooting as you ****ing can. climb to the platform above your start zone and shoot her 2-3 times, take a ****ing breath as you just cheesed one of the most bull**** encounters the game can throw at you
- Dr. Wily: get Polar Bear super armor and a beam sword, get close to the mega man clones and just use the neutral a attack, ****ers have no idea how to handle it. when doc shows up, school his ass with long-range smashes with your sword (WHICH YOU SHOULD STILL HAVE YOU SCRUB) or a character with long-range smashes (:ultmegaman: is great for this but don't get reflected noob). DON'T GET LAUNCHED OR ITS YOUR ASS.
- Rayman: **** this fight, just get an ore club spirit and fsmash to victory
- Boss: GOOD ****ING LUCK but seriously bait her to the sides and offstage, she likes to suicide for some reason. bring a sword and you might have an easier time too. POISON RESIST OR IMMUNITY IS REQUIRED OR YOUR HP WILL ****ING VANISH
- Geno: patience my smasher-in-arms, you gotta be patient with your ore club and make sure you tag their ass with every swing/whirlwind. life will ****ing suck if they get behind you so camp the edge of the stage and push up if you knock them all back.
- Guile: I HAD A HARD TIME WITH THIS OKAY SO **** YOU anyway use a franklin badge to turn guile's sonic booms against falcon and chip his HP hard while mixing in smashes of your own from time to time. DON'T GET CLOSE TO GUILE YOU MORON OR YOU WILL BE FLASHKICKED INTO OBLIVION JESUS **** 20HP DAMAGE FOR EACH FLASH WITH NO COOLDOWN IS BALLS

GENERAL BOSS STRATS FOR PROS AND COOL PEOPLE:
- Use Akuma/Your Strongest Primary Evar for raw dog offense when you don't give a **** about self-preservation or know the patterns, or use celebi autoheal to learn patterns to do it like a ****ING BOSS. also :ultmegaman: is AMAZING against most bosses because metal blade + enhancements from spirits/skill board does DUMB damage and hits multiple times. you're ****ing welcome.

edit i'm a dummy and didn't do spoiler tags right but hey it's done now so WELP

Last edited:

Demon1500

Smash Rookie
can you help? im stuck at the giant triforce in WoD and the fighter at the master sword. also i just need a basic walkthrough through there till the end because i want the true ending.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
I just cheesed Giga Mac with what I think is the most bull**** strat in the history of gaming. Posting here because he kicked my ass a lot.

1. Pick Bowser, equip with your best defense spirit.
2. Equip support spirits with strong throw.
3. When the match starts, RUN LIKE HELL to the edge of the screen, as close as you can get to the blast zone as you can get.
4. When Mac approaches, be ready to shield grab him and back throw as fast as possible.

I threw everything I had at this fight before coming up with this, from Great Autoheal to projectile spam from a distance, almost confident that there was no way to take him on outside of some really good dodging/keepaway. Then today I get this INCREDIBLY STUPID idea, and it takes me only two tries to beat him.

Kairyu24

Smash Cadet
I did manage to beat Big Boss in a straight up fight with Marth, but it took a ton of tries. That defense is dumb, activates way earlier then it logically should, and she has more HP then the player. And zero suit is kind of cheap in stamina with not getting launched.

I feel some fights didn't get playtested that well, but it's fun to keep trying and eventually win by some luck or skill. In WoL in general I gave up on recommended spirits and just spam my legend rank trio all time. I noticed I ended up with more spirit points then I need at the moment anyway.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I'll try to go through some of the fights I've seen listed here as being more difficult that I've completed (still going through the mode).

But in general: summon Hector (Fire Emblem) ASAP, work your way through the skill tree to the top left corner for hyper smashes. Make minor adjustments from there but most content you can destroy with that combination. For characters if you're struggling with your usuals try DK for non-stamina (spam Down B) or MegaMan for stamina (spam projectiles). I normally use Marth because tippered Fsmash + Hyper Smashes = lol.

Also be aware in some cases you simply need raw power from sprits. For ones like Wily you really need type advantage + 3* ranking spirit in the 90s. Not going to cut it with a 2*. 4* is ideal.

Rayman: Got nothing for ya I'm afraid, beat it fairly easily the first try with the above stuff.

Geno: See above, but make it two tries. Almost had it the first time. Something explosive appeared at some point and kinda wrecked me.

9-Volt: Once again, see above, just make sure you're almost always charging a smash attack except for when a Galaga ship is about to pick you up. But there is also a spirit (ironically enough, of the very AT in this fight in question) that boosts your attack against ATs that you can get in a treasure chest up in the mountain. Might be worth snagging if you're struggling.

Boss: Poison Immunity + DK. Spammed Down B a lot, the time I won I got the shield item that protects your back off of the ground, seemed to break her AI a bit. Be aware that she can dive kick over the shockwaves and onto your head. Also use Up B whenever she gets too close in your grill and need to knock her away a bit. If you can sneak in a Fsmash, particularly early on, its a large chunk of her health gone. Don't bother with Dsmash or Usmash. Jab only as another "get off me" option. Rarely Ftilt.

Dr.Wily: You absolutely need the hyper smash skill, but instead of Hector I was using one of the spirits that gives you the Franklin Badge at the start of the match. Use MegaMan. The enemies use projectiles for about 90% of their attacks, only have to worry about a few Usmashes/Dsmashes/Bairs/Fairs. More importantly, with hyper smash even an uncharged Fsmash is doing over 15% damage a pop, and a fully charged one will deal over 20% damage a pop. Pick a side of the stage, lay into them as fast as you can with Fsmash. Stick with uncharged mostly, I only went for the charge when fresh ones where spawning in from above. If they get close, roll to the other side of the stage and then get back to spamming Fsmash. When I got to Dr.Mario I was down to about 15% HP left so I spammed Leaf Shield to make sure his pills couldn't chip me out. Also, try to hit two MegaMans at once with your Final Smash. With MegaMan's it was dealing about 25% damage and flung them far enough away that I could go for a fully charged Fsmash. Just keep in mind that the Franklin Badge only lasts so long: I got through about 5 of them before it died. After that their pellets can interrupt your Fsmash so you have to be aware of when to start shielding/dodging.

Ho-Oh: I'll be frank, I got lucky. Spammed Marth's ftilt because I didn't have any of the things I said you should have and it somehow broke the AI. AI kept just letting me hit him without responding until the fire came up, then he got knocked off stage and went into a death spiral of charging into the fire trying to get back and died. Ho-Oh got revenge by desyncing my audio... along with any other fire based fight for the rest of that day.

Pauline: I hate this fight. So much. Peach eventually commited suicide, that's the only way I won. Horrible idea for a fight. I guess try to use spirits that improve your speed and give you more jumps along with a character who has good speed + good melee range like Marth. If you're using Marth you can use Counter to potentially take care of Mario instantly which is a nice bonus. Another idea I've seen floated around is starting off with the Staff and sniping Peach which might be doable? Didn't have that option.

Fiora: Certainly a bit more on the difficult side for me, but I didn't have hyper smash at the time. Did have Hector, that did the trick. Shulk is your big concern, he can murder you good. Focus on him a bit first.

Yarn Yoshi: Did it on my first try. Usual set up.

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
Hey so I feared the Dr wily for the longest time until I met my hero for the fight: the Mii sword fighter. All I did was spam up b which is broken for most fights in my experience and neutral b because it just eats the metal mega men alive. I will say it cut it close, but if you're hurting for spirits and don't have much options, Mii sword fighter did the job for me. Was using metal killer and weapon attack up spirit, could be better optimized

dav3yb

Smash Journeyman
Sat down last night and decided to grind though the legend spirit battles. Some are quite easy once you get particular spirits or power up enough through the sphere grid. Most weren't too bad, but holy hell Pauline. I suddenly lucked out somehow and peach just ended up failing to recover after a jump or something. It wouldn't be half as bad if the stage didn't have the stupid ladders. Whoever designed 75m for smash needs to be punched in the head with a cinder block

Anacybele

Smash Cadet
Okay, I'm missing one fighter, but I've no idea where to look. Spoiler below for more details.

I'm certain now the only fighter I've yet to find in WoL is Mii Brawler. I've rescued Master Hand and Crazy Hand and found all the fighters I've noticed in this area. So where's Mii Brawler? Where do I look for him? I've got no clue where to start... xP

Rizen

Smash Legend
I beat Geno with the polar bear armor and a light weight spirit, so I could actually recover. Take someone with a big, high damage uSmash, like Link, stand on the top platform and spam it. That will take out 3 or 4 of the 5 characters. Then watch out for Sheik's super scope.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Okay, I'm missing one fighter, but I've no idea where to look. Spoiler below for more details.

I'm certain now the only fighter I've yet to find in WoL is Mii Brawler. I've rescued Master Hand and Crazy Hand and found all the fighters I've noticed in this area. So where's Mii Brawler? Where do I look for him? I've got no clue where to start... xP
in the Dark World, in the lower left section with the Zelda area, one of the Kaepora Gaebora statues tells you "4:40," or some other time if Smash Ultimate changes the time between individual copies or something. Basically it tells you one time to unlock the Impa spirit fight, and a different time to unlock the Mii Brawler.

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
in the Dark World, in the lower left section with the Zelda area, one of the Kaepora Gaebora statues tells you "4:40," or some other time if Smash Ultimate changes the time between individual copies or something. Basically it tells you one time to unlock the Impa spirit fight, and a different time to unlock the Mii Brawler.
Actually the Kaepora Gaebora Statue that tell you what time to set the clock at to cause the Mii Brawler to appear is located within the Northern Region.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Actually the Kaepora Gaebora Statue that tell you what time to set the clock at to cause the Mii Brawler to appear is located within the Northern Region.
By Dark World I meant the hub world where Dharken is, and by Zelda area in the lower left I meant that whole area in the lower left of the hub world.

Anacybele

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I found it, thanks!

Now I'm not sure why I still didn't get the "awaken all fighters" achievement. I'm positive I got everyone. The entire cast is unlocked too, though I did get a few fighters other ways before finding them in WoL.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Yeah, I found it, thanks!

Now I'm not sure why I still didn't get the "awaken all fighters" achievement. I'm positive I got everyone. The entire cast is unlocked too, though I did get a few fighters other ways before finding them in WoL.
Did you unlock Lucina and Richter in WoL?
Lucina is unlocked by beating the Omega Ridley spirit on the right side of WoD and Richter is unlocked by destroying all the ghosts with the cannons in the castlevania area
Hope that helps as the they don't appear under normal circumstances.

Crimsonxblade90

Smash Rookie
...How the hell are you supposed to beat the Deep Breathing one when all the Wii Fit Trainers are constantly healing? They heal faster than you can do any damage. Also, I'm getting randomly KO'd by nothing.

Also, it appears I can't unlock anymore areas. They're all blocked off by some electricity thing. Everything to the far east for me. And I cannot get past it. I've beaten all the bosses I can and everything. It's not letting me continue. Bug?
I took Bowser and played with Silver the hedgehog which give bonus to grab and throw. Hang out at the edge of screen and toss them hoes.

Anacybele

Smash Cadet
Lucina is unlocked by beating the Omega Ridley spirit on the right side of WoD and Richter is unlocked by destroying all the ghosts with the cannons in the castlevania area
I got Richter, but I realized I did miss Lucina. And that battle is one I asked about earlier and no one answered me. I don't know how you beat it when you pretty much can't launch Ridley, he can easily launch you, and it isn't a stamina battle. :/

sludgebot

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 8120 3075 9053
I had some trouble with Dark Emperor Spirit Ridley, the battle where Ridley is gigantic, hits hard, and is hard to launch.

Just in case anyone sees this and needs advice, I used Richter, with The Boss Lvl 99 (Primary), Special-Move Power Up Shine Sprite, Air Attack Up Beat, and Hyper Smash Attacks Victini. I stayed at the spot you spawn in, spammed B. Since he jumps from the right platform the left, he gets continuously hit by the axes, takes a lot of hard hitting damage, and will fly after several hits. Took maybe 30 seconds to a minute.

Edit: This also works for a lot of giant hard hitting bosses, like the few King Dedede's you encounter, though those aren't much trouble. I tend to run this build or something similar, dodge and spam B. Works pretty well.

Last edited:

McCree

Smash Cadet
ALRIGHT NERDS CHECK THIS OUT

let's do a quick lil' compilation of 'problem spirits and solutions to ****ing wreck them'

GENERAL ADVICE: infinite smash charge in the skill tree and super armor + beam sword or ore club spirits are your best ****ing friends and trivialize 90% of non-problem spirit encounters. just match weaknesses and go get 'em champ now. if for whatever reason you lose your club or sword just SD unless you're SUPER close to victory or are comfortable with the fight because **** the ai in some of the spirit battles. now for the specific ****ers this rule doesn't apply to

- Pauline: get a spirit with a Staff and as much + Shooting as you ****ing can. climb to the platform above your start zone and shoot her 2-3 times, take a ****ing breath as you just cheesed one of the most bull**** encounters the game can throw at you
- Dr. Wily: get Polar Bear super armor and a beam sword, get close to the mega man clones and just use the neutral a attack, ****ers have no idea how to handle it. when doc shows up, school his *** with long-range smashes with your sword (WHICH YOU SHOULD STILL HAVE YOU SCRUB) or a character with long-range smashes (:ultmegaman: is great for this but don't get reflected noob). DON'T GET LAUNCHED OR ITS YOUR ***.
- Rayman: **** this fight, just get an ore club spirit and fsmash to victory
- Boss: GOOD ****ING LUCK but seriously bait her to the sides and offstage, she likes to suicide for some reason. bring a sword and you might have an easier time too. POISON RESIST OR IMMUNITY IS REQUIRED OR YOUR HP WILL ****ING VANISH
- Geno: patience my smasher-in-arms, you gotta be patient with your ore club and make sure you tag their *** with every swing/whirlwind. life will ****ing suck if they get behind you so camp the edge of the stage and push up if you knock them all back.
- Guile: I HAD A HARD TIME WITH THIS OKAY SO **** YOU anyway use a franklin badge to turn guile's sonic booms against falcon and chip his HP hard while mixing in smashes of your own from time to time. DON'T GET CLOSE TO GUILE YOU MORON OR YOU WILL BE FLASHKICKED INTO OBLIVION JESUS **** 20HP DAMAGE FOR EACH FLASH WITH NO COOLDOWN IS BALLS

GENERAL BOSS STRATS FOR PROS AND COOL PEOPLE:
- Use Akuma/Your Strongest Primary Evar for raw dog offense when you don't give a **** about self-preservation or know the patterns, or use celebi autoheal to learn patterns to do it like a ****ING BOSS. also :ultmegaman: is AMAZING against most bosses because metal blade + enhancements from spirits/skill board does DUMB damage and hits multiple times. you're ****ing welcome.

edit i'm a dummy and didn't do spoiler tags right but hey it's done now so WELP
Oh, this is really useful, thanks a lot!

There is one dark ghost on the far right side (on normal height, like the starting height) where there isnt a cannon. You basically can go up a tower, and stand directly in the ghost, which blocks the way to a new fighter, do you know how to hit that ghost with a cannon? As I couldn't find one

Last edited by a moderator:

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
So I'm in this awkward position where I got all the way to the end of the game and my completion rating is 99.87%
Bugs me that I'm missing the big 100. I got every character unlocked and as far as I'm aware I did every regular fight I could find.
All the portals in both the light and dark worlds have little stars next to them and I already have the challenge for beating every light world fight. Been looking around the dark world and found nothing, and the final area with Galeem and Dharkon have all their spirits beaten. Only thing I can think to do is fight Galeem alone since I haven't fought it solo, done Dharkon solo and got that ending and then did the true ending. On the other hand it looks like there's a missing shop slot, I have the main five but it seems like there's one in the middle I haven't found.
Anyone know where I should start looking?

Oh yeah, also for those having problems with multi-man fights. I mostly just used the simple Alolan Executor back shield spirit and focus-fired while up-smashing to let the shield take the brunt of the blows from the others. When it comes to those really hard one on one fights I just cheap it out by getting to the edgy of the stage and throwing them off and spiking. Has helped my Mario game immensely despite never caring to play him before

Last edited:

Kairyu24

Smash Cadet
Since The Boss usually limits your skill use: pretty much at the end you can find a ability that lets poison heal you. it probably makes that fight easier.

Edit: I managed to get back there using another file, and it's much easier, with a good spirit she can't outdamage the healing.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Since The Boss usually limits your skill use: pretty much at the end you can find a ability that lets poison heal you. it probably makes that fight easier.
Wait, wait, wait... you're saying there's a way to make poison floors heal you?! I checked the spirit list and it's not Breloom or Gliscor (which would make quite a bit of sense, but they don't have Spirits in Ultimate), so... who is it.

sludgebot

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 8120 3075 9053
I just want to say that Dr. Wily is actually pretty easy with Metal Killer (Viridi etc), Franklin Badge (Sebastian Tute etc), and Stamina up.
This with Lucas Down B to absorb lemons is great to keep you healed up.

Anacybele

Smash Cadet
How are you supposed to win against Giga Mac? I use two stamina up spirits on a really powerful primary, but he still hits a lot harder and has way more HP. :/

I think I have to get all the spirits in the final area in order to clear WoL. And Giga Mac is one of them.

Last edited:

sludgebot

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 8120 3075 9053
How are you supposed to win against Giga Mac? I use two stamina up spirits on a really powerful primary, but he still hits a lot harder and has way more HP. :/

I think I have to get all the spirits in the final area in order to clear WoL. And Giga Mac is one of them.
If I remember correctly, I used Bowser, dodged a lot, and Side B to grab and slam, if he jumped, Up B. If that doesn't work, try using Capt. Falcon.

and I don't believe you do, I mean, I did, but I did everything up to the top left and right, did the top right, and was able to fight Galleem, but instead I went and finished left, and fought Galleem.

Anacybele

Smash Cadet
If I remember correctly, I used Bowser, dodged a lot, and Side B to grab and slam, if he jumped, Up B. If that doesn't work, try using Capt. Falcon.

and I don't believe you do, I mean, I did, but I did everything up to the top left and right, did the top right, and was able to fight Galleem, but instead I went and finished left, and fought Galleem.
I have no experience with those characters. Any other ideas? I use Ike, Luigi, and Daisy.

You do. I can't fight either of them yet. I tried. Also can't find any way to beat the Guile battle. It's the same thing. Too much HP and power on the opponent. I take way more damage than they do. Even a FS does like one HP per hit.

Also, I got Lucina and still didn't get that awaken all fighters challenge. I KNOW for sure I got everyone, this is a bug/glitch. We all need to report it and make sure Nintendo knows soon. I've compared my WoL roster to the normal one, everyone is in both.

Last edited:

sludgebot

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 8120 3075 9053
I have no experience with those characters. Any other ideas? I use Ike, Luigi, and Daisy.

You do. I can't fight either of them yet. I tried.
I apologize, but honestly, no. Unless you want to try Side B with Ike? With those kinds of fights, I brought a heavy hitting character or someone I could spam with that would take a few hits, like Bowser. Like I said, grab and slam, it's what got me through a lot of those fights. it's really simple if you have the right timing, I never play Bowser.

And ahh, thanks for clearing that up, I wouldn't have known without starting a new file.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

You do. I can't fight either of them yet. I tried. Also can't find any way to beat the Guile battle. It's the same thing. Too much HP and power on the opponent. I take way more damage than they do. Even a FS does like one HP per hit.

Also, I got Lucina and still didn't get that awaken all fighters challenge. I KNOW for sure I got everyone, this is a bug/glitch. We all need to report it and make sure Nintendo knows soon. I've compared my WoL roster to the normal one, everyone is in both.
Yeah Guile was really tough for me as well. I used Lucas to absorb the projectiles (which recovers stamina too) and Pk thunder spammed. Extra stamina helps a little too. Still took a few tries.
I got the acheivement? Are you positive you got everyone? K. Rool, Dedede, Ryu, and Little Mac are pretty missable.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

I did it with Ike.
Basically, I just camped the corner and then threw him behind me. dash-attack if I need to secure the kill.
In fact, that's my go-to strat for any stage with a walk-off

Anacybele

Smash Cadet
Yeah Guile was really tough for me as well. I used Lucas to absorb the projectiles (which recovers stamina too) and Pk thunder spammed. Extra stamina helps a little too. Still took a few tries.
I got the acheivement? Are you positive you got everyone? K. Rool, Dedede, Ryu, and Little Mac are pretty missable.
Yeah, I have no experience with Lucas... So I'm not sure that would work for me.

Yep, I got all of them. I remember doing so.

I did it with Ike.
Basically, I just camped the corner and then threw him behind me. dash-attack if I need to secure the kill.
In fact, that's my go-to strat for any stage with a walk-off
Alright, I'll try that some time.

InfiniteRE

Smash Cadet
A few pointers with my experience.

If your having problems with boards where you fight multiple opponents, game & watch ultimate attack tends to get the job done. Also my preferred character for multiple fighters is corrin who can manage a lot of enemies well with his side special.

For stamina battles, especially against giants. I use the good ole' Isabelle fishing rod to either get em off the map and spike them down or just wear down there health, regardless its effective.

Reckless Godwin 2.0

Smash Apprentice
I have found that any Spirit that grants you a Hothead item at the start of battle is great for most fights.
Toss it on a small platform that will see a lot of action, whack it up to full power, take cover below it if the terrain permits (potentially affecting two platforms), and let the AI kill itself on your death zone.

I have even had some success inflicting heavy chip damage against Giga Mac and Guile on their larger stages too.

Omega Ridley's curry breath only managed to fuel the flames and utterly destroyed himself againt my Hothead.

They aren't as useful against assist trophies, late arriving reinforcements, or anyone who can reflect it back, so be careful about that.

McCree

Smash Cadet

The best method against Guile is just to take a spirit which gives you franklin badge, stand far away from the assisst trophy, and it will shoot some thingies that reflect from you and deal a ton of damage to the enemy, after that, just hit him a few times, it's definitely doable with franklin badge

Anacybele

Smash Cadet
The best method against Guile is just to take a spirit which gives you franklin badge, stand far away from the assisst trophy, and it will shoot some thingies that reflect from you and deal a ton of damage to the enemy, after that, just hit him a few times, it's definitely doable with franklin badge
Hm, okay, that could work.

Semako

Smash Cadet
Against Giga Mac and Guile, I used Ike. For Giga Mac, I lured hin to the edge of the screen and backthrew him into the blast zone, and for Guile I just played carefully, used a defensive-typed primary spirit (dark emperor) and timed my counters right.

Kairyu24

Smash Cadet
Wait, wait, wait... you're saying there's a way to make poison floors heal you?! I checked the spirit list and it's not Breloom or Gliscor (which would make quite a bit of sense, but they don't have Spirits in Ultimate), so... who is it.
I believe it was madame butterfly. I also have seen her in the summon menu. It's a legend rank support with 3 slots cost, but it does seem to make healing trivial in any fights that feature poison. The Boss is probably designed more around it then previously assumed. The fight is still doable with just poison immunity, which is why I'm somehow the first to bring it up here.

It's still early days as far as spirit resources go. I wouldn't put too much stock in list for another month or so, everything's really incomplete right now.
On that note, I read on reddit that type advantage just modifies the spirit power of you and your enemy. A sprit also gives you a 10% franchise bonus. Specific attack and defense scores are important to keep track of in order to gauge how a spirit will do. Defense has a more powerful effect then Attack for example, if my source is correct. I think with a endgame setup and knowing how everything works most things can be managed. With looking at attack, defense, and your character you can make some sort of gameplay. I got legend rank fire emblem spirits who also boost sword attacks further, with that the FE gang can handle many things.

Styles may also be of some use to gain a advantage in certain battles, but I haven't really used them yet. Nobody else seems to mention them much either.

Last edited:

McCree

Smash Cadet
I believe it was madame butterfly. I also have seen her in the summon menu. It's a legend rank support with 3 slots cost, but it does seem to make healing trivial in any fights that feature poison. The Boss is probably designed more around it then previously assumed. The fight is still doable with just poison immunity, which is why I'm somehow the first to bring it up here.

It's still early days as far as spirit resources go. I wouldn't put too much stock in list for another month or so, everything's really incomplete right now.
Are you only able to get her via spirit board? I hope bot, I hate that mechanic :-/

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Are you only able to get her via spirit board? I hope bot, I hate that mechanic :-/
She shows up in the final area in WoL, iirc.

Also, Guile's sonic boom is absorbable? That would have made that hilariously easy (though the Franklin Badge was already pretty effective).

Last edited:

sludgebot

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 8120 3075 9053
Any ideas on the Isaac fight? His assist trophy is really annoying.

Oop, nevermind. I brought Samus (I like her for the high mobility) along with level 99 Articuno, Zapdos, & Moltres Primary, and Sheriff Assist Killer + Lapras Weapon Resist. Can't believe I had that much trouble till I just focused the assist trophy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom