• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World HOBO 3 - Who all is there?

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
So, with Pound V over, the next national in line is WHOBO 3.

WORLD HOBO 3

World HOBO 3 is going to be held in Houston, TX on March 18th, 2011 to March 21st, 2011.

Venue Address:

Anime Matsuri @ Crowne Plaza Hotel
8686 Kirby Drive, Houston, Texas 77054

WORLD HOBO 3:

WHOBO is held at one of the fastest growing (and possibly biggest, now) Anime Conventions in the country, Anime Matsuri. This is a convention that has been growing rapidly over the past few years, and has recently moved to a new venue because of it. This year, the con plans to have record-breaking attendance, and will have a Rave and A FREAKING TON of Japanese merchandise (Ramune, **** yeah!) as well as (safe) sword fights and SO MUCH OTHER STUFF.

There is even Melee for those interested!

I've been to this tournament/anime convention every time it's happened (Whobo 1 I didn't even know was a big-deal tournament, before I got into competitive brawl) and there is always something to do. I can promise you will NEVER be bored as long as you are there.

So post here if you are going to WHOBO, make plans to meet up, and if you have any questions, ask here or in the main thread itself.

WHOBO Thread
Go here to find out more!

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
No I didn't. :x Sorry Prime.

A post from Seibrik in the WHOBO thread(that I accidentally tied the main thread link to, fixing now) says that ESAM might be going too.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
I dunno, sometimes you can go to a tournament play all day and still be bored, lol.

I have a flight thats expiring so theres like, a 20% chance I might go, but itll be more to see my pika and texas peeps and explore houston :x. I might find time to play smash ;).

Edit: Oh dang, just found out this is right around my spring break. I wish Id looked that up earlier, I have little expendable money atm =[ but my chances are at like, 50ish% now if I can scrape together some money, housing, etc. 99.9% if someone can confirm anther :awesome:

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
You people and your money johns. :(

Anyways, once I set up the hotel, I had two of my three groups drop out, and ended up dropping a room. Now I have one more spot left off the two rooms I have and it's only $35 for the spot, I can pick up and drop off at the airport as long as you come in Thursday afternoon and leave Sunday evening.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Like I mentioned in Xat last night, my friend got me a job for a week at Elite (lol labor disputes) as a hired tough guy for a convention that same weekend. I also have school and my real job (as a tutor with no hours) the next day. On top of that, money is a bit short.

Uh... sorry Pikachudats.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Like I mentioned in Xat last night, my friend got me a job for a week at Elite (lol labor disputes) as a hired tough guy for a convention that same weekend. I also have school and my real job (as a tutor with no hours) the next day. On top of that, money is a bit short.

Uh... sorry Pikachudats.

You still made me smile.
So you are okay.

REST OF YOU THOUGH...no excuses.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yo, tickets are mad expensive >_> I don't want to shell out that much money, even though I have it. I'll just buy Genesis tickets early, ****.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Prime, I'm trying to go. If i can't find tickets <300$ that I only miss one day of school I'm not going.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
No one has money for this. :(
Fixed for accuracy. Well, I guess some of us technically have the money to but it would be irresponsible. To make up for it Im going to be working extra hard during WHOBO/my break so I dont have this problem again. And Ill make a Genesis thread after WHOBO.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Fixed for accuracy. Well, I guess some of us technically have the money to but it would be irresponsible. To make up for it Im going to be working extra hard during WHOBO/my break so I dont have this problem again. And Ill make a Genesis thread after WHOBO.
tag sums up my current situation. i probably would have the money, but it would be just enough and not the right thing to do, considering i would have to skip my three busiest days at work and potentially lost three to four hundred dollars of income which technically should count as a cost, so sadly i wont be at whobo, but after that month my money situation should start improving dramatically

also i will be at genesis, i will be a ****ing male prostitute to make money so i can go if i have too

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Ain't no party like a west coast (Pika) party 'cuz a west coast (Pika) party don't stop.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Esam don't b a wimp! Go to whobo! U can alwas MM people to help u regain yo money. That's what so many people r doing.

SAX

Smash Ace
Do any smashers attend the University of North Texas? Or near Denton Texas?
I am probably going there for college. Just wondering if anyone know what the brawl scene is like there.

Top Bottom