• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Woo Cru Presents: "You Got Tipped" - Apr 17th (Updates!)

We have been wanting to have a tournament for some time now but now...this is the time.

:: Dates ::

The reason why their are two dates is that we need to see which one will work out better for everyone to attend. If we get more votes for a certain date, we will host it on that date. Pretty simple.

:: Where :: ( May CHANGE!!! )
Beeg's Place
11157 Lattasburg Rd
West Salem, Ohio 44287

We have a venue cap of 30 - 35 people. Please let me know ASAP if you plan to attend.

:: Time ::

Registration - 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM

Doubles - 4:00 ish

Singles - As soon as Doubles Semi Finals are over

:: Price ::

$5 Venue Fee
$5 Singles
$5 Doubles (Total of $10 per team)

:: Payout :: ( May Change )

1st - 50%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 20%

:: Contact Info ::

Beegs
Aim: ShariganBeegs
Numba # - 419.465.9962 ( fo the ladies : D )

:: Venue Rules ::

- NO Alcohol... dammit...

- NO Illegal substances!

- Please Pick up after yourselves we don't want to be cleaning your mess up after you leave.

- Do Not Deface/Destroy any property of the venue! Treat everything with respect.

- Respect everyone else and there property!

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Life Stealing is allowed (Doubles Only)

* Set team attack to ON (Doubles Only)

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may not pause the match yourself. If you absolutely need to pause, it must be done so at the consent of your opponent.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both are tied at the end of the match it will be replayed with the same characters, ports and stage 1 stock 2 minute time limit.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller (Bring your own) and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by
both parties.

* No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set. There should be no excuse for not being there when your match is called because all the food you need is in the venue for you.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Nope's No BS Rule: By participating in this tournament you give the Tournament Operator and their affiliates the right to film, photograph and record your name, nickname, pseudonym, persona, picture, biographical material, voice and/or likeness and to use the same in any manner or media in connection with the Event to broadcast, reproduce, distribute and exhibit such photographs and/or recordings, in any manner whatsoever, by any and all means, media, devices, processes and technology now or hereafter known or devised anywhere in the universe at anytime in perpetuity.

Stages:

Stage Striking: Players take turns striking stages from the starter list until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counter picked later in the set.

:: Neutral Stages ::
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Island
- Smashville
- Lylat Cruise

:: Counter Picks ::
-Pokemon Stadium 1
-Battleship Halberd
-Luigi's Mansion
-Delfino Plaza
-Pirate Ship
-Norfair
-Frigate Orpheon
-Pokemon Stadium 2
-Castle Siege
-PictoChat
-Jungle Japes
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar

Everything else is banned!

:: Set Up's ::

We are hurting on set ups badly. We are going to need more set ups in order to have this tournament run a lot smoother. If you are willing to help, please let me know ASAP. Thank you

:: FOOD! ::

I will probably be selling some sort of food / drinks. The highest price item will probably be $2. There is a corner store up the road also that you can satisfy you're hungry with whatever you desire!

( Pics of the store will be up soon )

:: People Attending ::

Glov
HiV / CPU
XtacyFalco
Newbz
Suo
Loki
Pyon!
BBoy
Sole
Team Scrubtowne
ITT and Crew
West Salem Scrubs

:: Maye's? ::
Nope
Springfield
Kiest?
Framerate?
Jokey?

It would be hard to do that since I work on Saturdays. Always.

If we don't have that many people come who are in high school, I will make this tournament earlier.

Nope - If I get more messages like your's, I'll change it for sure. I just wanted to see what kind of reactions I would get from people. I just had a lot of people ask me to ban him for this one to see how it would go. LOL, I'm not doing for the sheer fact I think Meta Knight is OP. Just doing what people are requesting for a tournament.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I would come but I'm going to MoO 6 for the Melee circuit event instead. Hope you guys have fun. :p

King~

Smash Champion
id like to see MK unbanned, we really only have one MK main that goes to tourneys(ok 2 if u count springfield).

i think may be another tourney schedualed for the 24th, but if not that works for me(give me time to build up money after C4).

ill be there if i can get a ride.

CPU-HiV

Smash Rookie
Actually, I think I'm for the unbanning of MK. MK doesn't really scare me as much as a good Diddy does. Besides isn't using anyone other than MK technically sandbagging.. lolz, don't take that srs bsns

Smash Glov

Smash Cadet
heh meta is garbage i use him when i get hit with a counter stage why not right i have no respect for a meta main and little respect for myself because of my use of him when i get with with a unfavorable stage rainbow cruise, norfair, orpheon...... eh very disappointed in the unbannning of mk but i guess that means ill just have to use him...

(say what you want to me i dont really care honestly so hit me up with some flaming im bored as **** anyway)

CPU-HiV

Smash Rookie
There are people that use MK for reasons other than him being good, maybe he's just certain peoples play style, or maybe they even like MK as a character.. who knows. It's not right to give little respect to all MK users, just those who only use him to get him banned. Your choice to use him as a secondary isn't really an issue either, it's a smart thing to do for stages like that, as you said.

King~

Smash Champion
heh meta is garbage i use him when i get hit with a counter stage why not right i have no respect for a meta main and little respect for myself because of my use of him when i get with with a unfavorable stage rainbow cruise, norfair, orpheon...... eh very disappointed in the unbannning of mk but i guess that means ill just have to use him...

(say what you want to me i dont really care honestly so hit me up with some flaming im bored as **** anyway)

<.<
>.>

***** PLZ!!!!!!!

on a more serious note, MK is just another character that EVERYONE should know how to fight by now,if u dont tough cookies (Crushin pink cookies in plastic baggies with Buildings{lol wtf}. even though i dont have a problem playing them with pika i rather not put myself through the hardships of fighting marth and GnW(occasionally snake).

plus the puffball just wants love like kirby gets

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
I'll definately be coming to this.. I don't have school Friday because of Spring Break.

And Beegs- You're going to ITT's thursday and doing all that **** and friday going to MWC and **** and shenanigans. Can I come with? I do it for the lulz. My spring break starts this Friday so leaving Thursday night would be fine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d0jlwo6RVA
YOU GOT TAPPED!

You're the one throwing up and I'm the one that TAPPED you.

King~

Smash Champion
ya say it like that but hows come u seem to use mk in tournaments rather than your "main" eh
possibly because along with d3 hes my secondary, and i acknowledge my bad matchups(Marth, GnW,Wigi) therefore i counterpick with appropriate character. being realistic you sorta have to in this game.

Smash Glov

Smash Cadet
the counter to speak of just happens to counter almost every char on nearly every stage something about that just seems off to me but eh every has their opinion i guess..

Newbreeze

Smash Rookie
ill be going to this one MAYBE. just depends on work. otherwise yeah ill be there. but you already knew that beegle.

King~

Smash Champion
ill consider playing melee

@glov: i disagree about every character and every stage, id much rather use pika than mk ditto and mk. too each his own though

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
well see now we can start early beegs due to spring break lol
Yeah u can start this early.. and anyways im really the only person in highschool that I can think of... and the only one that matters jk.

And we still are being team mates right? and yes for brawl

I still have to keep my eye out for people who are still in high school. I know a few people who want to come to this are still in it. I'll have to see what they say about the time situation.

With Ohio's weather being all janky as it is, I may have to cancel it if the weather is very bad. When I mean by bad, I'm talking about like 30 degree weather with a foot of snow. That's the only possibility of it not happening since this tournament is outside. I will have to keep an close eye on next week to make sure no cold fronts are coming to mess everything up.

Also Teamzies Glov or Nope?

Revven

FrankerZ
I could probably come to this if ITT is going or if SFG can take me there. I should probably ask SFG first though...

I'm in high school as well btw and so is SFG. Also, I could probably bring Brawl+ shenanigans. :p

Revven

FrankerZ
Well, SFG said he likely can't take me due to the time we get out and by the time he'd get to my place to pick me up, it'd be too late to go because you guys would already start by the time we'd get there.

King~

Smash Champion
<_<

so .....um i guess i wont be there unfourtantely

johns:
-money issues/being cheap and wanting to save for another upcoming tourney
-im taking a break from anything competitve for the next three weeks/to many tourneys in a row(like 7 or something)
-need to work more

Smash Glov

Smash Cadet
NO JOHNS!! im gonna try to get off work if i cant i work at 8 anyway so i would be able to be their for awhile but i should get work off :)

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
<_<

so .....um i guess i wont be there unfourtantely

johns:
-money issues/being cheap and wanting to save for another upcoming tourney
-im taking a break from anything competitve for the next three weeks/to many tourneys in a row(like 7 or something)
-need to work more
It's been 8 tourneys in 7 weeks.

I'm still good to go although my money train is starting to run out of coal... (I'm losing about $400 because I took a job for a month instead of staying on unemployment)

Kyosh has some srs money issues though. He's not even gonna enter his own tournament. I'll see if I'm going to this or not, most likely I am cause vince still owes me money. Speaking of which is it alright if I smoke?

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
Solecalibur might not be able to come to this but I do have a ride. So I'll be able to come this unless some freak accident happens

SONOFA***** VINCE!

All right, as long as you guys can come. I know that having this tournament on a Friday was a bad day but in till next month, I have to have these on a Friday.

We need SET UPS BAD!!!

Also, Kiest? Framerate? Jokey? T-800? Pops? You guys gonna make it?

Top Bottom