• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

!@#$% Wolf's unpunishable F-smash

validusername

Smash Rookie
I don't really think it's unpunishable, of course. But for the life of me I can't figure out how. I am far from a tournament level player, but I DO play a lot with my friends, and I've been lurking on these forums for a year.

One of my friends likes to spam F-smash with Wolf, and for the life of me I can't figure out how to punish. Many are the times where I've spot-dodged it PERFECTLY, but he simply hits it again. It's pretty infuriating, because I kick his trash when he plays any other character.

How can I punish this? I'm open to suggestions involving Samus, ZSS, Sonic, Lucario, Bowser, Fox (ESPECIALLY Fox), and Sheik.

-Ran

Smash Master
First, be aware of how far your opponent is. Everyone falls into habits into when they will utilize a move. You can easily bait a low level player into using a move that you want them to do use by providing them an opportunity. At that point, you simply power shield the attack, or if you must hold shield. The move when it hits the shield, has simply too much lag to NOT be punished. At that point, with your various characters perform a suitable punishing attack to mount damage.

Spot dodging isn't the best way to punish attacks, since you cannot interrupt the spot dodge to retaliate.

GanonkingAbyss

Smash Apprentice
u can also hold the control stick towards him and u'll sdi behind him with only taking like 6% or something and be able to punish it, i think it works, ive done it somehow b4

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
hold up so you automatically DI out.

Or just shield it and punish with a grab/aerial. The move is DREADFULLY bad on shield.

If you're on wifi though... good luck, soldier. We can't help you there.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
hold up so you automatically DI out.

Or just shield it and punish with a grab/aerial. The move is DREADFULLY bad on shield.

If you're on wifi though... good luck, soldier. We can't help you there.
Basically this. Best i could say is try to shield it more, as i always refrain from shield-grabbing this move, i'd say punish with something like Dsmash, depending on who you're using against Wolf.
If he's up close and you shield it, he'll be behind you. If you're far away, only the last hit of Fsmash should hit your shield, and shield-grabbing becomes a legit option, IMO. Or if you have a **** Usmash or good OoS option, that should work better than anything i could tell you.

Moxin

Smash Apprentice
What everyone else said, and if he's campy like a lot of people who spam smashes are, just run up shield and then proceed to **** him with the aforementioned oos options.

Mode

Smash Cadet
I have a friend like this and he also has an annoying habit of spamming wolf's gun if he's out of range for the fsmash. I usually just attack relentlessly and I don't give him a chance to get proper footing or set up for retaliation.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Powersheild ***** his Fsmash. Its easy to predict because you know the distance he needs to be to make it work correctly.

this is why i hate facing wolf online.
Wifi Wolf is 2 gud, you've got the timing and the spacing correctly but nope, lag spike makes you mistime your sheild and you get f-smashed in the face. GG

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Wolf's F-smash sucks. Hold up and the 2nd hit never will connect on you unless it was spaced at max range. Otherwise shield and Smash out of shield. You can punish it with something like G&W's F-smash out of shield lol. It's that unsafe on block.

If you're using Fox, all three Smashes will punish Wolf hard if he does it on your shield. U-tilt is a good option to consider at low percents too.

Top Bottom