• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf's Stance - the feral wolf!

Dargarian

Smash Cadet
But they did put in Fox using FoxFire as an UpB move, which is based on Japanese mythology.

If you watch him fight in the actual game though, he does stand grasping the air with his claws as if he's some kind of blood-thirsty wolf. They actually HAVE tried to make OWlf radiate feralness.

Im not sure if I liek it, I guess I'll have to play as him first.
I thought they based it off of an Internet Browser,
Lol, just kidding,
but yeah, the might've concentrated a bit TOO hard on the wolf side of Wolf, but that's what makes him so awesome

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
But Fox doesn't fight like a Fox, and Falco doesn't fight like a falcon... jk :laugh:
Actually, this is not true. Fox's movements and martial arts style are quite vulpine in the fact that they're very technical attacks that assume Fox isn't a powerful creature. His style is all about balance, speed and effective hits at the expense of power. Foxes are scavengers and also the only member of the dog family to hunt their prey from above, pouncing like cats. Fox's aerial attacks are usually safer and better than his ground moves.

Falco on the other hand has some rather whimsical attacks and jumps very high, kind of free like a bird who swoops in on his prey.

Now Wolf...he's the opposite of Fox. Wolves are aggressive hunters and rely on power and pressure to take down bigger prey. Wolf throws his body around with his eccentric style of martial arts because he knows that if his claws connect with the opponent it's going to hurt a lot. He doesn't need to sacrifice power for safety.

And yes, Fox's "firefox" attack is based off the "Kitsunebi" or "Fox fire", a youkai flame that was created by the Japanese fox demons to lure travelers so they could steal their belongings.

Relhots

Smash Lord
Actually, this is not true. Fox's movements and martial arts style are quite vulpine in the fact that they're very technical attacks that assume Fox isn't a powerful creature. His style is all about balance, speed and effective hits at the expense of power. Foxes are scavengers and also the only member of the dog family to hunt their prey from above, pouncing like cats. Fox's aerial attacks are usually safer and better than his ground moves.

Falco on the other hand has some rather whimsical attacks and jumps very high, kind of free like a bird who swoops in on his prey.

Now Wolf...he's the opposite of Fox. Wolves are aggressive hunters and rely on power and pressure to take down bigger prey. Wolf throws his body around with his eccentric style of martial arts because he knows that if his claws connect with the opponent it's going to hurt a lot. He doesn't need to sacrifice power for safety.

And yes, Fox's "firefox" attack is based off the "Kitsunebi" or "Fox fire", a youkai flame that was created by the Japanese fox demons to lure travelers so they could steal their belongings.
Good Observation...but i realized that when i was posting it so i put jk at the end... lol

Wolves rely on the power of other wolves (packs)

Fox doesn't really do well in the air in melee... :)

Japanese mythology is very weird...Foxes stealing souls of travelers...also Fox is based off the Kitsune -8 tails...

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Any idea about his victory poses? So far we only have the claw pose with him muttering, and the other with him scaring us before laughing.

Relhots

Smash Lord
Any idea about his victory poses? So far we only have the claw pose with him muttering, and the other with him scaring us before laughing.
doesn't he make the "cmon" movement without moving his head or hand...and it looks like he is flipping everyone off.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Good Observation...but i realized that when i was posting it so i put jk at the end... lol

Wolves rely on the power of other wolves (packs)

Fox doesn't really do well in the air in melee... :)

Japanese mythology is very weird...Foxes stealing souls of travelers...also Fox is based off the Kitsune -8 tails...
On their own, wolves are pretty nasty and fierce. Especially when they don't have backup, they try to make up for it by showing even more aggression than they normally would.

As for Fox, he did very well in the air in Melee. >_> His up air was a very strong KO move, his back air was fast and safe, and his Nair and Dair were used to approach opponents for shine combos and up smash KOs.

Relhots

Smash Lord
On their own, wolves are pretty nasty and fierce. Especially when they don't have backup, they try to make up for it by showing even more aggression than they normally would.

As for Fox, he did very well in the air in Melee. >_> His up air was a very strong KO move, his back air was fast and safe, and his Nair and Dair were used to approach opponents for shine combos and up smash KOs.
I never use aerials when i play...

wolves aren't mean alone...in California (where i used to live) i lived behind a huge ravine...and wolves + coyotes lived in there... i've been with wolves alone...they weren't mean... and no i wasn't stupid enough to pet one... :laugh:

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Wolf's stance is Jujitsu guys...

most of he's animations are based on real life martial arts

He has capoera kicks, I'm pretty sure I saw a few kick boxing punch-kick combo and a Jujitsu throwdown.

He does look bad@ss!

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
But they did put in Fox using FoxFire as an UpB move, which is based on Japanese mythology.

If you watch him fight in the actual game though, he does stand grasping the air with his claws as if he's some kind of blood-thirsty wolf. They actually HAVE tried to make OWlf radiate feralness.

Im not sure if I liek it, I guess I'll have to play as him first.
He's not lashing out with his claws, if you've ever seen any (I'm gonna say) Tai Chi breathing exercises, you'll recognise it. Ever seen Street Fighter IV the Anime? When Ryu is gathering energy for his Hadoken he whirls his arms around like a windmill, so to say. Wolf is doing the same thing, reaching out, winding close, then streaching into his fighting pose. I'll look around Youtube and see if I can find a visual.

Relhots

Smash Lord
You never use aerials? Wow... I don't think I could manage to play without aerials. Just... wow.
No i don't...and i don't play aggressively either...yeah, i have a weird playing style with fox...

Its not very hard not using aerials...i don't really wavedash, waveshine either...I only use triangle-jumping and l-canceling

Pyr0

Smash Ace
No i don't...and i don't play aggressively either...yeah, i have a weird playing style with fox...

Its not very hard not using aerials...i don't really wavedash, waveshine either...I only use triangle-jumping and l-canceling
You're not fooling anyone lol...

you dont use aerials but you l-cancel... right...

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
You can't L-cancel a triangle jump...L-cancel is only for aerial attacks.

Seriously, if you don't use aerials, you're missing out on a lot of really great combos.

Relhots

Smash Lord
You can't L-cancel a triangle jump...L-cancel is only for aerial attacks.

Seriously, if you don't use aerials, you're missing out on a lot of really great combos.
I l-cancel to stop the lag of landing making me faster...

I really hate being in the air in melee...even with fox...

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I l-cancel to stop the lag of landing making me faster...

I really hate being in the air in melee...even with fox...
I don't think it makes a difference if you L-cancel a non-attack landing from a dodge. At least not in my PAL version...

I'm a Ness player, so the air is my castle. I just love characters with strong air games.

Relhots

Smash Lord
I don't think it makes a difference if you L-cancel a non-attack landing from a dodge. At least not in my PAL version...

I'm a Ness player, so the air is my castle. I just love characters with strong air games.
Well i only mained fox...and i really don't like it in the air...i always try to stay on the ground...then i can usually survive until 300% by ducking...

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Hehe. That certainly is an unusual way of playing Fox. He has such a fast and effective jump that it seems a waste not to use it.

The good thing about Ness is that you can use his aerials as ground moves thanks to his djc.

Relhots

Smash Lord
Hehe. That certainly is an unusual way of playing Fox. He has such a fast and effective jump that it seems a waste not to use it.

The good thing about Ness is that you can use his aerials as ground moves thanks to his djc.
I officially have the weirdest style of play with fox... im non-aggressive unlike everyone else who is aggressive...

My friend is insane with ness... i cant even explain how good he is... if he played tournys he could probably become pro...

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I wish I could show off my Ness, but it's hard for me to attend tourneys. -_- My cousin is a tourney goer (King Kong) and he's ranked like 4th best in Australia at the moment. He says I have the best Ness he,s ever seen.

I can't wait to prove myself as a Lucas player thanks to online in Brawl!

Oh, and good news for you: Wolf's ground game looks a lot better than Fox's!

Relhots

Smash Lord
I wish I could show off my Ness, but it's hard for me to attend tourneys. -_- My cousin is a tourney goer (King Kong) and he's ranked like 4th best in Australia at the moment. He says I have the best Ness he,s ever seen.

I can't wait to prove myself as a Lucas player thanks to online in Brawl!

Oh, and good news for you: Wolf's ground game looks a lot better than Fox's!
Yeah i know...im really happy about that... yay!!! :laugh:

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
Wolf does look pretty good

I really hate the fact they were to lazy to
change his FS

He has no business using a Landmaster

Darkslash

Smash Master
Well It makes sense to use the LandMaster if Star Fox and Star Wolf join forces in Star Fox Wii?

Any ways when I see Gameplay of wolf he seems less of a clone and more Unique.

And the way he does his Stance is more Feral and cunning by the way he holds his arms like some one posted earlier, but the fact that he has his claws out and that he will claw your face makes him more epic :laugh:

Igneous42

Smash Ace
In Assault and Command he really seemed like a civilized guy...not like what he is represented in Brawl.
I think they did a good job actually. He acts civilized outside of battle. But in battle he still acts really feral. He's kinda like that in Command, some of the stuff he says when your fighting comes off pretty violent.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Fox is a badass, the stance/howling doesn't take away anything from him, hell it adds to the "badass" factor.

:D

Corax

Smash Cadet
XD wow I feel diffferent from eveyrone else, but when I first saw Wolf's stance I said "Holy crap he knows Drunken boxing!".

Top Bottom