• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf's Stance - the feral wolf!

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Sometimes but i dont think this is the case this time around, i mean i expected Standing up straight with a cocky attitude.
Not Hey Look at me Im a carnivore.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
ya i\'m happy with the feral Wolf idea for him it distinguishes him from fox all the more and makes him bad ***.

Maph

Smash Cadet
Darkslash, your post is filled with mystery. Please empty it.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=QlSxR3ebOzc&eurl=

His taunts start at 11:11 if that's what you are asking about, Sonic_Wolf.

As for the why they characterized Wolf in Brawl... I'm not sure. It is a very interesting approach. Has anyone here seen Pan's Labyrinth? If so, I'm sure you'll remembe the fairies... the flying pray mantis like creature. Not at all what you expected right? Afterall, that is nothing like how fairies have been depicted through the decades of their mythological exsistence. I think it is a similar concept with Wolf.

In Pan's Labyrinth there are those pray mantis like fairies, but while not looking like fairies, it is a very interesting take on the concept. They are more nature like and if anything truer to their definition, but in no other way do they really different from their original concept. I think it is Similar, again, with Wolf.

Someone mentioned earlier about Wolf acting feral in battle and otherwise outside of battle. I think this is an interesting and quite plausible idea. I'm sure we've all heard of the, "He has a different side to him," idea, right? Some people act completely different when drunk, when fighting, when working, etc. Everyone has multiple faces to them. It even happens to you. You may act one way around your grandma, and another with your friends, or one way around black people, and another around white. Seriously. That's just the way things happen to be. We can see this in Wolf. While piloting in Arwing or outside hand to hand combat, he is cool and collected, concentrated and focused. However, not once have we seen him in actual physical combat... this could be the way he's always been.

He has the martial arts stance, as we have collectively determined, and some martial arts-esque moves, such as Fox. Someone completely bat **** insane wouldn't be able to perform like that. I think it is obvious he is still the civilized and collected Wolf we know and has been established through the Star Fox series, but he has this different "face" to him during combat. It may just all be a display for intimidation, really. There is no way to really determine exactly what without Sakurai saying something to himself, but overall I think this is pretty close to the target line of thinking.

Overall, in my opinion of course, I think it was an excellent approach to Wolf and his style. It compliments him, but at the same time in contrasts with him. I think it is an interesting element and addition to Wolf. I approve.

Relhots

Smash Lord
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=QlSxR3ebOzc&eurl=

His taunts start at 11:11 if that's what you are asking about, Sonic_Wolf.

As for the why they characterized Wolf in Brawl... I'm not sure. It is a very interesting approach. Has anyone here seen Pan's Labyrinth? If so, I'm sure you'll remembe the fairies... the flying pray mantis like creature. Not at all what you expected right? Afterall, that is nothing like how fairies have been depicted through the decades of their mythological exsistence. I think it is a similar concept with Wolf.

In Pan's Labyrinth there are those pray mantis like fairies, but while not looking like fairies, it is a very interesting take on the concept. They are more nature like and if anything truer to their definition, but in no other way do they really different from their original concept. I think it is Similar, again, with Wolf.

Someone mentioned earlier about Wolf acting feral in battle and otherwise outside of battle. I think this is an interesting and quite plausible idea. I'm sure we've all heard of the, "He has a different side to him," idea, right? Some people act completely different when drunk, when fighting, when working, etc. Everyone has multiple faces to them. It even happens to you. You may act one way around your grandma, and another with your friends, or one way around black people, and another around white. Seriously. That's just the way things happen to be. We can see this in Wolf. While piloting in Arwing or outside hand to hand combat, he is cool and collected, concentrated and focused. However, not once have we seen him in actual physical combat... this could be the way he's always been.

He has the martial arts stance, as we have collectively determined, and some martial arts-esque moves, such as Fox. Someone completely bat **** insane wouldn't be able to perform like that. I think it is obvious he is still the civilized and collected Wolf we know and has been established through the Star Fox series, but he has this different "face" to him during combat. It may just all be a display for intimidation, really. There is no way to really determine exactly what without Sakurai saying something to himself, but overall I think this is pretty close to the target line of thinking.

Overall, in my opinion of course, I think it was an excellent approach to Wolf and his style. It compliments him, but at the same time in contrasts with him. I think it is an interesting element and addition to Wolf. I approve.
Off topic: The stance might mean something new in the new Starfox game...

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Yup.

Although it makes me wonder why Wolf would copy and make his own Landmaster, so yeah, people speculated.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
He didn't steal it. According to Wolf's Landmaster trophy info, he copied and built it from scratch (wow, that's called dedication O.o). He enhanced its power (hence his FS could be stronger than the other two) but has lesser time.

Swords

Smash Rookie
Trophy info is an excuse for copied final smash but different colors :p possibly stolen blueprints >:D

Maph

Smash Cadet
Ah, I didn't know that. You'd think he might have made it look different or something.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
XD Well the trophy said he gave it Wolfen motifs... but the only Wolfen model I know with color black is Panther's Black Rose.

And yeah, I don't think Wolf would steal stuff unless he gets paid to do it. Maybe his eyepatch thing can analyze machines and recorded the Landmaster? XD

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Wait what happened to his eye-patch?
He's not wearing it in brawl, i thought it happened to him in a previous battle where his eye got injured.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Huh? It's still his eyepatch, only a bit more futuristic in style. It's been like that since Assault.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Huh? It's still his eyepatch, only a bit more futuristic in style. It's been like that since Assault.
Yh true i just wonder how it dissapered lol it looks more like a scanner from the dragon ball z series but nevertheless still looks really cool, im glad in assault he took on the role of a wolf better by howling and stuff but i think hes still too wild in brawl, i thought he should be sophisticated and superior Nottoo animal.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, about Assault - there's another awesome line there, and it involves Panther!

"Wanna ride my wing, Krystal?"

"Oh no, my favorite restaurant has been destroyed! When this is all done, I am going to have a first class meal!"

Relhots

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, about Assault - there's another awesome line there, and it involves Panther!

"Wanna ride my wing, Krystal?"

"Oh no, my favorite restaurant has been destroyed! When this is all done, I am going to have a first class meal!"
I don't know why but i remember those lines the most...from assault...i hated that level in corneria....you had to save krystal/slippy from the ground with a machinegun...cause i never found a bazooka...:laugh:

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Wolf gives you a weapon there while riding the Wolfen, I think.

Oh and correction on the second quote - it is "Oh no, one of my favorite cafes got totaled! When this is all done, I am having a first class meal."

Relhots

Smash Lord
Wolf gives you a weapon there while riding the Wolfen, I think.

Oh and correction on the second quote - it is "Oh no, one of my favorite cafes got totaled! When this is all done, I am having a first class meal."
No..it was before you were on top on the wolfen...when you had to snipe those radio things in the air...i never found a bazooka to help krystal/slippy...i had to snipe or use a machine gun...

He says "i'm" instead of "i am" but its the same thing...:laugh:

assault had some really good levels...

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
I just realized that Wolf's sleeveless here.

Wow. His badassery +100 points because of that.

Top Bottom