• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf's Stance - the feral wolf!

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Newcomer here. Thanks to Wolf I registered!

Anyone like his feral look? His actions pretty much complement it, and well, some of his taunts (howling, growling) make him quite a badass.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I really like it. I always thought of Wolf as an intelligent strategiest, but he's got that hunter persona with a thirst of blood and adventure in him well.

I think he was crafted incredibly well (no FS mentions, pl0x). Shows that Sakurai isn't COMPLETELY unimaginative.

Relhots

Smash Lord
I really thought from the games that Wolf was a civilized person...and Sakurai turned him into a werewolf demon that wants to kill everything in its path...Its still pretty cool.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
He is supposed to be an anti-hero. He has no personality in 64, and while cliche'd, gained something in Assault and Command.

Relhots

Smash Lord
He is supposed to be an anti-hero. He has no personality in 64, and while cliche'd, gained something in Assault and Command.
In Assault and Command he really seemed like a civilized guy...not like what he is represented in Brawl.

Dargarian

Smash Cadet
Wolf looks like Wolf was ment to be, in the first game (that he was in), I thought he was a rat, and in Assault, I really liked how he looked, but he wasn't completely the bad-*** purely evil guy I had grown to love, and from what I've heard, in Command he was completely docile, well tame if you know what I mean, I LOVE his new look in Brawl, and how in a cut-scene he pretty much flips the player off, Sakurai did a great job creating him

Relhots

Smash Lord
Like I said, I HEARD he was docile, I didn't play the actual game

EDIT:::

Thank you
uhhh... your welcome? i guess...

don't take anything seriously...im sorry but you sound like he was flaming you...(im just trying to help) he or me weren't flaming anyone...

Dargarian

Smash Cadet
I didn't ean to make it sound like that, but it was a simple thank you for providing info to help my opinion

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Wolf wasn't totally lacking a personality in 64, he seemed like the typical, "I am the hired number 1 by Andross and will do anything to win/get my reward," guy, but he still had his own flavor to add to the mix.

Oh, and, calling any Star Fox game or any part of any Star Fox game cliche... is just funny. Those games are very cliche, calling them that is basically redundant =). This coming from numero uno Star Fox fan.

I like what they've done. He was made out to be a pretty civilized guy, as you put it, but he still has that dark side to him. Brawl brings out his more... blood hungry side. I think it is wicked cool. SOmething new to the table at last.

EDIT: Plus it really goes with his moveset.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Oh I am not flaming anyone. Sorry if it sounded like that. XP

Yeah, that's what I mean, he has good intentions (clearing his team's name and saving the world) but his methods are questionable.

Relhots

Smash Lord
I would but I don't have a DS, and besides I heard rumours of a new starFox game for the Wii
Yeah...I wonder what its going to be about... Wolf must have a red landmaster in that game...or else Sakurai is just lazy...

Dargarian

Smash Cadet
Yeah...I wonder what its going to be about... Wolf must have a red landmaster in that game...or else Sakurai is just lazy...

You know, with the clone FS's and it being delayed twice, I wonder about that

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
I don't think he's doing with it seems he's doing. It doesn't look like he's crouched, wild, and ready to slash away, watch his arms. He rolls them around his body a bit, like taking a fighting stance, a low Taichi stance. I think it meshes well with Bruce Le- Fox...

Relhots

Smash Lord
I don't think he's doing with it seems he's doing. It doesn't look like he's crouched, wild, and ready to slash away, watch his arms. He rolls them around his body a bit, like taking a fighting stance, a low Taichi stance. I think it meshes well with Bruce Le- Fox...
I saw that...i was thinking it was like a judo/taiquando (how ever its spelled

You know, with the clone FS's and it being delayed twice, I wonder about that
Its probably the only reason why they delayed it for 3 months...

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice

Heres what I mean, notice how he and Fox are posed. Fox is in a traditional fighting stance, maybe a defencive back-stance. Wolf is down low, but calm, his arm outstreached for blocking and grabbing, his back arm is curled to gaurd his face, and to strike with.

He isn't feral, he's still calm, calculating, and badass.

Dargarian

Smash Cadet
I like Wolfjutsu... lol
Oh yes, lol
and another thing that I forgot to add,
I like Wolf's landmaster, it may be a clone but I'd rather have something that is from StarFox than something completely made up

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
I think by feral I was referring to his claws, rawr, growl, howl, and stuff. But yeah, I know there's a stance like that.

Still, he is badass. :3

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Well I'm very pleased with it. It shows that Sakurai and his team have a very good grasp on the concept of anthropomorphism as a character designing tool. Wolf fights like...well...a wolf! He lunges, he overwhelms his opponents with aggressive actions and he tries to intimidate his opponents with his scary fighting pose. As an anthro artist myself, I'm very very pleased with Wolf's animations and attacks!

Dargarian

Smash Cadet
I think by feral I was referring to his claws, rawr, growl, howl, and stuff. But yeah, I know there's a stance like that.

Still, he is badass. :3
Totally, he couldn't be better, again...I think... this is the Wolf I've always wanted

Relhots

Smash Lord
Well I'm very pleased with it. It shows that Sakurai and his team have a very good grasp on the concept of anthropomorphism as a character designing tool. Wolf fights like...well...a wolf! He lunges, he overwhelms his opponents with aggressive actions and he tries to intimidate his opponents with his scary fighting pose. As an anthro artist myself, I'm very very pleased with Wolf's animations and attacks!
But Fox doesn't fight like a Fox, and Falco doesn't fight like a falcon... jk :laugh:

E.Hero Winged Kuriboh

Smash Rookie
But Fox doesn't fight like a Fox, and Falco doesn't fight like a falcon... jk :laugh:
But they did put in Fox using FoxFire as an UpB move, which is based on Japanese mythology.

Heres what I mean, notice how he and Fox are posed. Fox is in a traditional fighting stance, maybe a defencive back-stance. Wolf is down low, but calm, his arm outstreached for blocking and grabbing, his back arm is curled to gaurd his face, and to strike with.

He isn't feral, he's still calm, calculating, and badass.
If you watch him fight in the actual game though, he does stand grasping the air with his claws as if he's some kind of blood-thirsty wolf. They actually HAVE tried to make OWlf radiate feralness.

Im not sure if I liek it, I guess I'll have to play as him first.

Relhots

Smash Lord
But they did put in Fox using FoxFire as an UpB move, which is based on Japanese mythology.

If you watch him fight in the actual game though, he does stand grasping the air with his claws as if he's some kind of blood-thirsty wolf. They actually HAVE tried to make OWlf radiate feralness.

Im not sure if I liek it, I guess I'll have to play as him first.
Fox was based off Japanese mythology so it only makes sense that the move is called Firefox...

Top Bottom