• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf's f-tilt reflects projectiles

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Not sure if this is already out there or not, but my friends and I discovered this the other day and thought it was kinda cool. Why he needs two ways to reflect, I don't know, but he has 'em. I'll check to see if the damage output is different or anything later.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Interesting... although aren't some tilts/smashes capable of doing this back at SSB?

Harbl

Smash Rookie
couldn't Ness "bat" away projectiles? or at least some of them i mean.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
In Melee and SSB64, Ness was the only character who could reflect projectiles with an A move. Him and Lucas can do it in Brawl, but I'd never expect Wolf to be able to reflect projectiles with his claw of all things!

FenrirIII

Smash Cadet
Can we see this in action? I don't doubt you, I just want to see what it looks like to at least explain how he does it. Ness I can understand (bat > missile), but Wolf? Does his F-tilt use his plated armor or something?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Have you tested this yet, Drack? I will test it when I get home.

I think this is a great alternative to the reflector. The reflector should be used, I think, for things like Samus' fully charged B. It is a powerful blast and can be sent back her twice as fast and stronger, but for weaker attacks it just doesn't make sense, like Falco's blaster. It'll slow you down more than anything.

We'll test its applications.

Drack

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I tested it. It didn't reflect anything I tested.

Wolf's Ftilt CANCELS:
Mario's fireballs
Samus's charge beam
ROB's tops
Diddy's peanuts.
Lucario's Aura Sphere
Ivysaur's leaf boomerang

Wolf gets hit by:
Samus's missiles
Falco's laser
Another Wolf's laser
ROB's Laser
Pit's arrows
Dedede's Gordos

Wolf knocks away (projectile does not hit on the way back):
Dedede's Waddle Dees

Also note that the timing is pretty tight to cancel projectiles. It's not as easy as Marth slicing stuff.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Wolf can cancel out fully charged Charge Shots and Aura Spheres?!

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I think that reflecting those would be a better option UNLESS the intention was to make you do that to incur punishable lag.

Regardless, the ftilt would be laggier to use. Reflector is the better option as I see it.

Best to forget about this.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Uh...not really. Say you went to attack Lucario at close range and he rams you with aura sphere? You could attack AND reflect at the same time.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Well, for starters, it doesn't reflect, it cancels, so you'd be a sitting duck.

And even if it did, reflector would be a better option because it sends the projectile BACK at TWICE the speed it came at you while MULTIPLYING the DAMAGE and that way you don't DECREASE the KNOCKBACK and DAMAGE of the forward tilt.

Reflector is, regardless, a better option.

Top Bottom