• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf Mains going to MLG Columbus?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Can we please change the name:
Sticky: The WBR presents: "Can't let you do that Starfox!" - A new Wolf guide

To

Sticky: Barracuda Drifter presents: "Can't let you do that Starfox!" - A new Wolf guide made by Barracuda Drifter
This is a very good idea. All in favor?

:059:

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i full heartedly agree with that, more people out there need to come and visit barricuda's strength. i swear if melee vets who dont like brawl watched how technical he is they'd start playing immediatly, Mango will play as wolf. i'm calling it

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
especially our god, he's the best brawler there ever was, is, and shall be. that is until he decides which wolf main will get his powers once he's bored and lazy (all wolves are lazy, its a fact)

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
so i'll be going to mlg columbus and playing as wolf, but i'm not a top tier player really. would any of you top tier wolfs that are going mind watching a few of my matches there, if possible, and critique me? :o

rsr2

Smash Lord
Well guys bad news for me, I am not going to MLG Columbus. I don't have a ride because the person that was going to drive us is going to a wedding so he can't go. So good luck to everyone and I will be watching the live feed and keeping track on how everyone is doing :D

D

Deleted member

I AM CONFIRMED FOR MLG.

Just bought my pass and printed out my team confirmation sheet.

Bead

Smash Ace
Confirmed for MLG.
I have to miss my first match due to a wedding but I will be there late late friday night. Can't wait to meet all these wolf mains

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
Confirmed for MLG.
I have to miss my first match due to a wedding but I will be there late late friday night. Can't wait to meet all these wolf mains
definitely dude :D

where are you all staying hotel-wise? i'll be in the marriott down the street. if we're in/near the same hotel, we should definitely get together and play friday/saturday night after the tournament :O

Bead

Smash Ace
definitely dude :D

where are you all staying hotel-wise? i'll be in the marriott down the street. if we're in/near the same hotel, we should definitely get together and play friday/saturday night after the tournament :O
crashing at my nieghbors place. he goes to school/work down there. the rest of NEOH is gonna be staying in some hotel

D

Deleted member

Staying at my friend Kiester's place.

Um....in case I lose early, does anyone know if there is an arcade close to this place? lol. I might want to play some DDR!

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Xzax lost to Atomsk first round. Too bad. Dammit! I wish I could see these matches. >_> Now I'm salty.

I'm guessing this is the MLG wolf thread then? haha

tekkie

Smash Master
Xzax lost to Atomsk first round. Too bad. Dammit! I wish I could see these matches. >_> Now I'm salty.

I'm guessing this is the MLG wolf thread then? haha
theres no way xzax used wolf against atomsk, if he did then he was kinda asking for it

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
theres no way xzax used wolf against atomsk, if he did then he was kinda asking for it
Am I the only Wolf with a pair? ****, I'd go against a tourney of DDDs with Wolf. Then again, I run off the stage and try and spike MKs (and it works, *****es!) so maybe I shouldn't talk.

But really, I'm dead serious. :| In fact, I'm not that bad against DDD.

tekkie

Smash Master
Am I the only Wolf with a pair? ****, I'd go against a tourney of DDDs with Wolf. Then again, I run off the stage and try and spike MKs (and it works, *****es!) so maybe I shouldn't talk.

But really, I'm dead serious. :| In fact, I'm not that bad against DDD.
i guarantee your bair spacing isnt perfect since no one's is and all it takes is one shieldgrab to take like half a stock worth of damage. it's suicidal.

of course, playing against scrub ddd's isn't a problem. but if you know someone who knows what they're doing with ddd is going to use him, you're playing an unwinnable matchup.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
i guarantee your bair spacing isnt perfect since no one's is and all it takes is one shieldgrab to take like half a stock worth of damage. it's suicidal.

of course, playing against scrub ddd's isn't a problem. but if you know someone who knows what they're doing with ddd is going to use him, you're playing an unwinnable matchup.
Not unwinnable at all. View how barracuda drifter beats this DDD.
And trust me, this DDD is good against wolfs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smAdzVfRyVs

Also kain beat DSF @ MLG which dispels tekkie's claim that no wolf will ever beat a good MK

Also xzax quit wolf caz he refused to believe me when I said wolf did fine against most of the top tier. (He even thinks wolf loses badly to snake)

tekkie

Smash Master
Not unwinnable at all. View how barracuda drifter beats this DDD.
And trust me, this DDD is good against wolfs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smAdzVfRyVs

Also kain beat DSF @ MLG which dispels tekkie's claim that no wolf will ever beat a good MK

Also xzax quit wolf caz he refused to believe me when I said wolf did fine against most of the top tier. (He even thinks wolf loses badly to snake)
you really need to play against people who arent turtle man

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
C'mon now. None of them are unwinnable. Just step your game up.

You don't need perfect spacing, although it's kinda...useful. I'd also argue it's not likely you'll get caught if you play smart. All you need is general skills, prediction and not get hit. I played a DDD who knew what he was doing, and when I played like a scared little *****, like the way you're supposed to play when you're ****ed, I was able to do well. Anyone who says otherwise is a quitter.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
you really need to play against people who arent turtle man

It isn't turtle lol! Ever hear of a guy named michael hey? The japanese guy who introduced every freaking chaingrab to americans? His d3 is about 1000x better than turtles.

If you didn't notice, i got punished for every mistake i made which indicates he knows the matchup really well (which i know he knows since he plays me and choice all the time).

PS. if you played turtle, you'd probably think a lot of matchups were unwinnable for wolf

tekkie

Smash Master
It isn't turtle lol! Ever hear of a guy named michael hey? The japanese guy who introduced every freaking chaingrab to americans? His d3 is about 1000x better than turtles.

If you didn't notice, i got punished for every mistake i made which indicates he knows the matchup really well (which i know he knows since he plays me and choice all the time).
he was really bad at grabbing you after airdodges

castorpollux

Smash Champion
he was really bad at grabbing you after airdodges

Caz i was mixing in aerials as I landed. If he's expecting an aerial as I land and I airdodge instead, it makes it a lot harder to punish. This game has a lot to do with expectations and reads. If your airdodges are being punished all the time, it means you are airdodging TOO MUCH.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
I heard DSF didn't go to MLG. I dunno what to think. I'll just wait for Kain.

yeah I heard that too. Maybe choice is evolving into a troll just like me

*edit*

Just realized this was my 1000th post and it got wasted. adkfja;lgjkagjkakldfjaldgjalkdgjalsgkasg

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Just realized this was my 1000th post and it got wasted. adkfja;lgjkagjkakldfjaldgjalkdgjalsgkasg
Better beg Ish to reset the social thread again.

His d3 is about 1000x better than turtles.
You better be talking about in general...Otherwise, I don't think Dtilt makes that big of a difference, maybe only 100x.
PS. if you played turtle, you'd probably think a lot of matchups were unwinnable for wolf
Word.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
yeah I heard that too. Maybe choice is evolving into a troll just like me

*edit*

lmao

**** Choice and his being a troll. Oh well. I just wish Wolf would get SOME kind of spotlight this time around. Did anyone hear if Kain lost yet or not?

castorpollux

Smash Champion
ddd's should not be bad a grabbing, the z button is right there -------->
He isn't bad at grabbing. He's actually very good. I don't see where he made any glaring mistakes at all. I think u're being wayyy too critical of him, or just not giving me enough credit.

yeah he was also bad at doing everything perfectly without making a single mistake ever.

I actually uploaded those vids just to show TKD that wolf doesn't lose to d3 2:8

rvkevin

Smash Lord
ddd's should not be bad a grabbing, the z button is right there -------->
There's a difference between being bad at grabbing and not being able to grab because its hard to grab. It is hard for DDD to grab Wolf. If you got grabbed, its most likely a mistake on your part.

Top Bottom