• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf = Fox usurper?

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
Can wolf remove Fox from a throne of high-tierness. since he seems pretty much better in every apect (His landmaster is red) Can wolf's stylish versions of Fox's previously existing moves make him another god tier starfox character?

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
wolf is not as good as melee fox in no way but ill agree wolf is really good

chimpxstyle

Smash Cadet
Wolf is top tier material most definitely. He can soak up a ton of damage and has very good recovery moves. His A moves on the air and the ground have terrific damage and very good knockback. Fox is now the worst space animal. That doesn't mean he is bad by any means, just that currently Wolf and Falco are better. All still subject to change of course. But this is the way it is currently.

Relhots

Smash Lord
Wolf is top tier material most definitely. He can soak up a ton of damage and has very good recovery moves. His A moves on the air and the ground have terrific damage and very good knockback. Fox is now the worst space animal. That doesn't mean he is bad by any means, just that currently Wolf and Falco are better. All still subject to change of course. But this is the way it is currently.
In the next game it'll be like this...im sure of it...

1. fox
2. falco
3. wolf.

because they will take the best and make them suck...just like fox in Brawl..

Sonic_Wolf

Smash Cadet
I really hope there is no tier lists and i hope there are lists of which character is coolest ..wolf would be in the top 3 with sonic and bowser

-Knux-

Smash Ace
I've seen an epic Falco on Wolf match. Wolf kicks serious ***. Nuff said.
For the first half of the match, yes. But if you watch when Falco gets down to his last life, he starts beating the hell out of Wolf. That's what I loved about that match. It wasn't one sided. I love Wolf and Falco, so this made it awesome for me.

Reynbo

Smash Cadet
Hello,My first post:)

How can anyone say that wolf is better then fox by a few vids?Wolf may be stronger but foxes speed is way better...But i dunno just had to say that:)btw i also plan on maining wolf so no bias here.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Based off vids I have seen of both, Wolf is amazing, and Fox is now good, he isn't really great.

Right now I'd have to say top tier characters look like:

Wolf
Metaknight
Dedede

Just my opinion of course.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
For starters, what moves are those you're talking about when you say "stylish versions of previously existing moves"?

All of Wolf's moves are entirely his own, with the exception of his Side and down B.

Relhots

Smash Lord
For starters, what moves are those you're talking about when you say "stylish versions of previously existing moves"?

All of Wolf's moves are entirely his own, with the exception of his Side and down B.
And his FS...you can't forget his FS...lol

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
In the next game it'll be like this...im sure of it...

1. fox
2. falco
3. wolf.

because they will take the best and make them suck...just like fox in Brawl..
YOu spelt Ike wrong.

ANyway, WOlf looks good. I thought he would be slow but, I guess not.

Twilightwolf

Smash Cadet
You spelled Wolf wrong...

Oh well...

Wolf seems to be top-tier material... but it can't be proven yet.

What we need is a vid showing all of the moves Wolf has. If anyone can find a move showcase of him, that would be great. Only then can we really decide if Wolf is top-tier. Then again, maybe we should wait for the game to come out ^_^.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
@ Relhots

no im not saying ike is clearly better but hes pretty **** good too check the forums look at wifi wars vids like the one vs GaW im not being ike b/c people said he was good i wanted to main him since he was announced....

aaaannnyways...right when i heard of wolf i thought hed be a power character but not heavy i luv his f smash tho :)

t0ki

Smash Rookie
Fox hasn't been removed quite yet. Ofcourse he's had some nerfs but his basic competitive gameplay, aside from at's is still present. His shine is still around and that alone opens tons of possibilites for creative usage of fox. Not to mention it's far too early to think of a tier list, there are still many things left to the unknown.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace

Yes, they are kind of flashy compared to Fox's B-moves. Fox has a reflector, but wof has a pink forcefield. fox just goes straight, as far as I know, Wolf's >B goes everywhere.

Ghost07

Smash Journeyman
Yes, they are kind of flashy compared to Fox's B-moves. Fox has a reflector, but wof has a pink forcefield. fox just goes straight, as far as I know, Wolf's >B goes everywhere.
>B goes everywhere?:confused: It's the fox illusion at an 45 degree angle.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
let the meta-game evolve first.

we have barely touched brawl. Most of us still haven't seen all of wolfs move. Lets wait till we all have extensively played brawl and tweak our styles.

But i for one believe that Wolf will be the predator he's made out to be. His speed and priority in his attacks are well above alot of the roster.

One thing about wolf...wolfs reflector blocks all attacks

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
Let me be honest. I was a little skeptical of Wolf at first. However, I've always seen videos of Wolf that only impress me, and in most youtube vids he is the victor. I gotta think that he at least stands a very formidable chance of toppling Fox off the high tier throne.

(BTW, this is one of the best fights I've found on youtube. So intense. It really gets me giddy for Starfox fights in brawl! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBpCXNnqD6A)

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
Wolf is good, but the only one topping the God-tier is Ike.
'Nuff said.

*Hops in a bunker and grabs a loudspeaker*

Wolf is awesome though. He owns the other space animals. I would like it though if by the time tier wars come around, there might be some variety in terms of high-tier characters. In fact, it would be nice if it turned out that tiers had almost disappeared and everyone was just high-tier.

triforceswordmaster

Smash Apprentice
i was a ganon mainer in melee, i barely ever used fox. however, this time around i may co-main ganon and wolf. it just goes to show wolf's uniqueness from fox. i think that wolf is probably gonna be the best character. he's both strong and fast, and he was the last to be revealed (ok, that last part isn't relevant but its a fact so whatevs).

MrLegend

Smash Apprentice
What the hell are you smoking? His recovery stinks.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Ooh, I just saw a nice vid. His Up + B is useful against edge-hogging. The last kick can knock off those who is trying to hog him.

Drack

Smash Apprentice
Wolf's recovery is great if you're just watching the Wolf. Angled in any direction, decent distance (better than Falco's up+B for distance), hits people hard.

If you're actually playing Wolf, you'll realize some big drawbacks. No auto sweetspot, manual sweetspotting as difficult as melee recoveries, can easily get trapped under most ledges, and worst of all, you fall straight down after it's done, no angled falls like in Melee. If you missed the stage and the ledgegrab, you're done for.

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
Wolf has a good chance of being top tier, but guys stop for a second, the game has been out for not even a month and the game hasn't even been released anywhere else but Japan. You guys need relax for a while, I think a tier list is a far way off right now. We should just play the game analyzing the best parts of every character and see how they can be used in an amazing way.

Top Bottom