• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Rizen

Smash Legend
I really like Indian/Tibetan food. Followed by Asian. Greek and Mexican are okay but my least favorite food regions.

I don't have a specific favorite food but really like a variety. It depends on my mood.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Hi guys what's up? I've left Brawl for Yugioh now due to Yugioh being MUCH closer to me (there's a card shop a few minutes away that has tournys 3 days a week). It's... a lot different than smash. All you see is top tier stuff (which makes sense seeing as you have to buy the cards yourself and they can get expensive). They do have a Melee setup at that shop too, though they just have 3rd party wireless controllers with low batteries and a very laggy HD TV. I couldn't even get off Jigg's Uthrow Rest on Falco on that. None of the people there play Smash much though, and didn't seem to even realize competitive smash existed (except one guy who kept saying "Jiggs is so broken!" when I picked her, except he had never actually played the game himself which was weird.)

tekkie

Smash Master
didn't seem to even realize competitive smash existed (except one guy who kept saying "Jiggs is so broken!" when I picked her, except he had never actually played the game himself which was weird.)
casuals spam the word 'broken' to describe things they dont understand

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Hi guys what's up? I've left Brawl for Yugioh now due to Yugioh being MUCH closer to me (there's a card shop a few minutes away that has tournys 3 days a week). It's... a lot different than smash. All you see is top tier stuff (which makes sense seeing as you have to buy the cards yourself and they can get expensive). They do have a Melee setup at that shop too, though they just have 3rd party wireless controllers with low batteries and a very laggy HD TV. I couldn't even get off Jigg's Uthrow Rest on Falco on that. None of the people there play Smash much though, and didn't seem to even realize competitive smash existed (except one guy who kept saying "Jiggs is so broken!" when I picked her, except he had never actually played the game himself which was weird.)
****ing Mermails, Fire fist, Windups, and Macro Rabbit ruining souls Kevin!

I topped the first local I attended with people who have played for a long time going 3-0-1. I beat Six sam, Glad beasts, and Macro rabbit. Tied with the 4th player for a higher placing. I ran the build I'm gonna post below. This Gravekeeper build has been giving me much success. I also think with tachyon galaxy coming out, GK's will gain ALOT of use since Necrovalley shuts down Elemental dragons by a lot...

Note, I just got an effect veiler, 2nd forbidden lance, and return from a different dimension. The only difference during the tourney was that I used two compulsory's, 2-3 different cards in my side deck, and 1 less lance (Obviously lance is a godly card, but expensivo). The only cards listed below I do not have are Xyz monsters Abyss dweller, Zenmaines, and Blackship corn. I instead used grenosaurus and leviathon dragon.

:018:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
The person working at the card shop that I bought my deck from kept advising me to buy gravekeeper's too. I didn't though cause I knew nothing about the at the time and went with one of the only other few choices they had, which was Six Samurai (it was that or Fire King, and I don't like Fire King). My main problem is I'm still missing two cards that I need (Asceticism), but so far it doesn't seem too bad at least. Other than the fact that it doesn't really stand a chance against mermail x.x The tourny I went to last saturday was robin round to an extent, until they had 4 people get 3 wins each. I lost to 2 Fire Fists and won against a Dark World. Kinda sucks that I went the whole tourny never drawing Gates but oh well. I actually didn't see any Wind-ups there when I went, but there probably are some Wind-up players in the city that just didn't show up that day. I saw lots of Fire Fists, some Dino Rabbit, Mermails, 2 HERO decks, Dark World, Lightsworn, and Final Countdown.

Edit: If Gravekeepers are good against Element Dragons then I may consider making one of those decks, since right now those are what I'm most scared of. And while I could just make an Element Dragon deck, I'm expecting some of their cards to get either banned or limited and I don't want to spend money on a deck that will end up having things banned from it.

:059:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Elemental dragons are all being bumped to secret rare value. That deck will NOT be that seen in the metagame except at YCS's. $1000 deck.

Rizen

Smash Legend
That's a lot of money :scared:.
What's the frequency?

What do people think about Injustice: Gods Among Us? TBH, I looked cool but I can't get behind the actual gameplay. It looks boring.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Be appropriate guys :mad:

That means you, tekkie :mad:

(but really, no talk of such activities please @ Joe/Rob, y'know the rules, E for everyone etc etc)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yeah we don't want any 13 year olds to ask their mommies about what ****ign is or why the stork dressed as the mail man stuck it to mommy last night after delievery hours. He sure had a pecker of a package for her.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Lol Rob.
This seems familiar... here's where I join and say to Ish's comment 'but Brawl is rated Teen'. :/

And write something in black :]

rsr2

Smash Lord
I haven't seen that movie since I was like 4 and from what I remember I liked it.

Now for scary characters from when I was little, my top 2 are the evil character from Episode 1 and 2 of Bonkers. That rabbit thing was insanely scary to me >_> The other was from The Brave Little Toaster, the AC unit when it started freaking out. For some reason I would turn off the T.V when that scene appeared. What's funny was I was never afraid of the clown in that movie.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I haven't seen that movie since I was like 4 and from what I remember I liked it.

Now for scary characters from when I was little, my top 2 are the evil character from Episode 1 and 2 of Bonkers. That rabbit thing was insanely scary to me >_> The other was from The Brave Little Toaster, the AC unit when it started freaking out. For some reason I would turn off the T.V when that scene appeared. What's funny was I was never afraid of the clown in that movie.
The appliances in that guy's apartment scared me in BLToaster lol. I have seen that movie for at least 15 years. I remember liking it. :)

Roger Rabit bad guy, Judge Doom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwPkAUBr4Sc (Christifer Lyoid) he's scary enough here but gets really creepy at the end :scared:. The movie's PG, rated by a handful of dopes who wouldn't know a PG13 movie if it was their job to rate it.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Yeah that, Great Mouse Detective, and Rock-a-doodle were my favorites growing up. I was always watching one of those if I wasn't outside doing outside things like taking in sunlight and walking on grass.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
There is only ONE movie in my life that has made me so scared that I had to stop watching it because I started crying...

Rizen.......it IS

ROGER RABBIT. Seriously, no troll, on my life. That final scene where he's like going crazy and has the buzzsaw hand, way too scary for a 3 year old.

But apparently when I was 2 Bowser used to make me cry because he was too scary, hence why I would play/watch mega man :O

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Somebody explain to me why there are people who think DK is better than Wolf.

Dk lives a lot longer, he has a bigger reward for getting reads, he kills a lot earlier, he punishes harder, and Will makes Dk's bad mu's look less bad than they are.
I put wolf in between Pit and DDD on my tier list.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Greek and Mexican are okay but my least favorite food regions.
Fyi, a solid 90% of the good dishes of the so-called "greek cuisine" are nearly 1:1 rip-offs of turkish food. I like Italian, Indian and Turkish food because they all have very good vegetarian dishes.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Wolf actually has tools to work with. DK's limited. In a 'this is to this as that is to that' comparison, it's why I consider Zelda better than Ganon; Ganon can wreck but when he gets shut down, he's completely shut down. When I use Zelda, even with her cruddy tools, I have something to work with.

^Most American versions of (what ever country goes here) food are very off from the authentic dishes. I like to go to places that are family owned (like this Tibetan restaurant) because I think their food is pretty close to authentic. Honestly, I'm ignorant about many other culture's food and Greek restaurants could push Turkish food and I'd be none the wiser, lol.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^lol, Ish liked but didn't post... yet!

Many foods are authentic. Even in the US regional things like Cajun, anything with corn, etc are authentic.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Somebody explain to me why there are people who think DK is better than Wolf.

There is also people who think :snake: is 8th. I think they're foolish.
Fyi, a solid 90% of the good dishes of the so-called "greek cuisine" are nearly 1:1 rip-offs of turkish food. I like Italian, Indian and Turkish food because they all have very good vegetarian dishes.

I wanna try European cuisine.

In other news, I've been working out a lot now. New hobby.
Wolf actually has tools to work with. DK's limited. In a 'this is to this as that is to that' comparison, it's why I consider Zelda better than Ganon; Ganon can wreck but when he gets shut down, he's completely shut down. When I use Zelda, even with her cruddy tools, I have something to work with.

^Most American versions of (what ever country goes here) food are very off from the authentic dishes. I like to go to places that are family owned (like this Tibetan restaurant) because I think their food is pretty close to authentic. Honestly, I'm ignorant about many other culture's food and Greek restaurants could push Turkish food and I'd be none the wiser, lol.
I honestly think :ganondorf: is better then :falcon:, :zeldamelee:, and possibly :jigglypuff:, but I doubt most people would agree with me lmao.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Ganon could be better than Jiggz. Ganon can be better than Zelda and CF but some opponents absolutely shut him down and he relies heavily on mistakes. He's better in ways but worse overall :( (RIP Melee Ganon)

Edit:
Ganon also suffers from basically every way a character can be exploited to some extent and his mobility is worse than Link's. Any grab release, CG juggle, etc will probably get Ganon in some way :urg:

Top Bottom