• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Rizen

Smash Legend
They said that Nobody uses Wolf And Wolf doesnt fit the Japan style because his attacks have to much lag.
Wow.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=316518
"The Official Tier List as of 12/16/11

S+  Metaknight

S   Ice Climbers

A+  Olimar Diddy Falco Snake Fox

A   Pit Wario Marth Dedede Zero Suit Samus

B   Toon Link Robot Lucario Zelda and Sheik Game and Watch

C   Donkey Kong Peach Wolf Kirby Pikachu Ike

D   Lucas Mario Sonic

E   Luigi Bowser Yoshi Ness

F   Ganondorf Pokemon Trainer

G   Captain Falcon Link Samus

H   Jigglypuff

Stagelist

Final Destination
SmashVille
Battlefield
"
Why's Ganon so high then? He's the laggiest character. Looking at this, it's outdated but probably close to the current one. Will someone link the current list?

Link: In your FACE Samus and Jiggz!
Samus to Link: "Yeah in America you were 3rd to last. Way to climb the ladder in Japan:glare:"
Link: "Shutup!:sadeyes:"
Zelda(Sheik): "Quiet down there. (que annoying spoiled girl anime laugh) Aaaahahahaha!:joyful:"
Pikachu: "Pika:crying:"

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
What Seagull said :urg:

I mean, they're right for the most part, many of Wolf's moves have a ton of endlag, buuut that's why you don't use those for much besides punishing >_> bair is good, jab is good, uh... bair is good... yeah... lol

:059:

:phone:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Random question:

Why do all Wolf mains use a pokemon under their posts? Particularly, Arcanine?

Always been something I've been curious of after knowing Gheb for all these years.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Random question:

Why do all Wolf mains use a pokemon under their posts? Particularly, Arcanine?

Always been something I've been curious of after knowing Gheb for all these years.
Tekkie mains :pichu: in melee. The :059: has something to do with pokemon rankings that reflect how :wolf: would be portrayed on a pokemon tier list and it's :059: because it's close to a wolf. I use :018: because I like birds and :018: is the coolest one of sprites. The main reason I use :018: is because EE uses :017: and I'm in the same crew. Tantalus uses swellow as an avi. As you have seen, I've had multiple bird avatars.

:018:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Wolf has ending lag but no more than many of the characters higher than him. His lag level is a little below average American borderline tier IMO. The stage list could hurt him seeing that their largest is FD and has no platforms.

So Rizen, which characters do you use now?
Funny you should ask because I have the perfect answer:

AscWolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AscWolf
so tomorrow starts srt, but i will go to the city tomorrow cause i don´t have a teampartner.
quiksilver and I got net controllers today.

about 18 $ each ^^

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Someone asked for the most recent Japanese tier list?

For those interested: quiKsilver and AscWolf who are currently in Japan have asked Nietono about the most recent japanese tier list. This is what they got:

Top:
S+ :metaknight:
S :popo:
A+ :olimar: :snake: :falco: :diddy:

High:
A :fox: :pit:
B :zerosuitsamus: :marth: :dedede:
C+ :wario: :toonlink: :rob:

Mid:
C :gw: :sheilda: :lucario:
D+ :ike: :kirby2: :peach: :dk2:
D :wolf: :sonic: :pikachu2: :lucas:

Low:
E :mario2: :luigi2: :link2:
F :ness2: :bowser2: :yoshi2:
G :pt: :ganondorf:
H :falcon: :samus2:
I :jigglypuff:

There's a couple of things I can agree with [Fox, Pit, Wario, Ganondorf] and I generally feel like they've got the top tier pretty much completely correct. Only thing I'd change from the Top + High tier is that Pikachu should take ZSS' spot.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Soooooooooooo.....who wants to go to New York?
Opening up a carpool for Impact in New York Tell your friends

(disclaimer one way trip)

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Damn son, to far from anywhere close to me, might of thought about going. Good luck and safe travels to you, your a cool guy and was cool to meet you

In other news, Pikachu Dthrow CG confirmed for ending at 62%, gonna be practicing/trying to find out a bunch of things, new strats, etc.

AscWolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AscWolf
Anyone watching the srt Stream?

I messed up Pools, was To tired.

But i won the best side Event ever
FFA 4 Players, all stages And items.
3 Minutes best 2 advance.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
That is one hardcore carpool lol. Good to see the initiative to travel so far for smash though :)

Congrats on winning the side event Asc xD I haven't been able to keep up with the stream due to lots of traveling, but hope to watch some of it tomorrow.

I predict that Kain is going to place in the top 16 at APEX, you heard it here first.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
He's traveling that far because he's moving there. The carpool is just him being willing to scoop up extra people along the way. Thus, the one way trip. If you go with him, you're not getting a ride back :p

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Soooooooooooo.....who wants to go to New York?
Opening up a carpool for Impact in New York Tell your friends

(disclaimer one way trip)
What the ****?
Damn son, to far from anywhere close to me, might of thought about going. Good luck and safe travels to you, your a cool guy and was cool to meet you

In other news, Pikachu Dthrow CG confirmed for ending at 62%, gonna be practicing/trying to find out a bunch of things, new strats, etc.
Interesting. Thanks for the info about the specific percent.
Anyone watching the srt Stream?

I messed up Pools, was To tired.

But i won the best side Event ever
FFA 4 Players, all stages And items.
3 Minutes best 2 advance.

Nice.
Kain talked me into playing Wolf
Lolwut?
That is one hardcore carpool lol. Good to see the initiative to travel so far for smash though :)

Congrats on winning the side event Asc xD I haven't been able to keep up with the stream due to lots of traveling, but hope to watch some of it tomorrow.

I predict that Kain is going to place in the top 16 at APEX, you heard it here first.

One can wish/hope. Chibo being the TO makes things...Not as likely for a :wolf: main.

In other news, my tournament was a success. I got 1st in doubles and 5th in singles. Beat Esoj/Deez (Two :diddy:'s loool) and lost to ChuDat/Logic. Didn't really play any friendlies due too TO'ing the entire time to make sure things ran smoothly. My tech game wasn't on point as I'd of liked it to have been. Probably will do better at a tourney not hosted by myself so I can practice before I play loool. Literally played maybe 10 matches the entire tourney.

rsr2

Smash Lord
If you are playing in it, you better win!

Also the Sun Rise Tournament stream is pretty hype.

Finally at the GenCon tournament. I am thinking of going all Ganon. Now if I have a good chance of winning something
then I will go Wolf : D

tekkie

Smash Master
If you are playing in it, you better win!

Also the Sun Rise Tournament stream is pretty hype.

Finally at the GenCon tournament. I am thinking of going all Ganon. Now if I have a good chance of winning something
then I will go Wolf : D
yeah im gonna rock worldz

brb though, making pudding

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Is frame advantage on hit for Wolf's Down-B the same against every character? If so, what is the number? If not, is there a list (I could've sworn there was a list)?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
There is a list, I'd pull it up if mobile didn't frustrate the crap out of me X___x jab is always guaranteed provided you're in range, grab and dtilt idk, JJ always says they work but I must suck at buffering I guess, never had much luck :/

Welcome to the Wolf boards, Luis :)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
There is a list, I'd pull it up if mobile didn't frustrate the crap out of me X___x jab is always guaranteed provided you're in range, grab and dtilt idk, JJ always says they work but I must suck at buffering I guess, never had much luck :/

Welcome to the Wolf boards, Luis :)

Shine is DI'able. Sometimes you can't finish a full jab even. If the first hit connects and they're already far back I just jab once then bair.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
I jab after shine because it's really good for refreshing moves cause of each hit counting towards the refresh bar. I agree on the going for stronger not-guaranteed follow ups, but when there not in range of the 1,2,3 jab, which you get accustomed to recognizing the more you do it. I guess it's more something you try to go for depending on the opponent your playing, and also character. Some characters are more prone to stronger setups after shine, while some are stronger against it (like Snake, Falco, MK, who have good answers to most options up close in terms of frames)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Let me know, hopefully before this weekend, especially if I gotta vs Espamus.

:pikachu:

dtilt always works
I need to remember this, I got a shine, hit jab 1 but I missed the rest of it and got punished for it. If they trip that's rigged. 3% + 8% + 12 is pretty goooooood.

In other news, I'm safely in GA, but I doubt I'll be able to play against the smashers here because of family johns.

In other, other news, Lumi is ****ing cool, he loves to cuddle and he has 15 cats.

I got like 7th or something like that at the KY tournament, lost to Kel (made him go MK, even though he promised he wouldn't :p ) and SneakyTako, beat Mr. Eric and some other dudes.

I need to, like...sleep before tournaments. This tournament I hadn't slept more then 8 hours over the last 5 days due to various things like insomnia, anxiety, bad sleep schedules, meeting with the dean of admissions at UNO about stuff.

I used all of my energy vs Kel to the point where I could have won if I was better rested. Tako was like "Dude, I saw you play vs Kel and Mr. Eric and I was afraid, then you just seemed like you were on autopilot" and he was right, I couldn't even focus on anything, my entire head of vibrating and I was super warm, felt like a fever but it wasn't, I was dry heaving all day, which only Sorasin knew.

These aren't johns, lol, I need to fix my ****ing life but it's so hard, I've had insomnia since I was 13 and I'm double that **** now.

I did win Melee, though. Super Free.

Rizen

Smash Legend
The term johns in this context alone is overused. It's true that some people do complain about every little thing and a player needs to know their condition before a match but things like family or if you (the player) get sick or would rather get laid than smash are legit.

I've missed many, many smash events because family and insomnia. I've never entered doubles in tourneys or ladders because my timing is too chaotic and I don't want to inconvenience anyone else :(. My tired game autopilots at 3/4ths speed. Aaaaaannd not having a car sucks.

rsr2

Smash Lord
You should do doubles anyway :D I am really bad at doubles too but my partner and I only played doubles once before entering our first tournament and we didn't do too well but double G&W was lols.

Yeah I agree with not having a car. That part sucks but also never getting weekends off from does too >_>

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
In other news, I'm sub 200 pounds for the first time since I was like 21.

I mean, I haven't eaten anything other than 3 slices of pizza and a banana over the last 3 days since I can't eat when I can't sleep and I puked up all the liquid from my body.

And it's 199.5 pounds.

But still, for the next 12 hours I'm sub 200 baby!! lol.

Edit: Wait how did I miss the "or get laid" comment rofl

Also I'm pretty bad at B-dubs but it's because I play brawl doubles like tri-monthly. For about an hour.

Top Bottom