• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Ohhhh... Well crap, back to the drawing board... here's to hoping Bead decides to go...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah, he's just not sure if he can afford it. Hope he does though. Want to also play friendlies against the guy. I've heard his Wolf got beastly, so I'm hoping to pick some stuff up from him, especially since Wolf is my official TL and MK character now, and possibly my Olimar, Snake and Marth one.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I think Ohio has the most Wolf's:

Fromundaman
Bead
Auspher
Luminoth

I know I'm forgetting a few. Halp?

pulse131

Smash Ace
not sure. but norcals got choice, jj, and myself.
not that i would ever in a million eon put myself in the same league as them, other then the wolf Armageddon or something.

Choice

Smash Champion
norcal also has bchu, sometimes.

oh and fangfire uses wolf too.

edit: also auspher, going all wolf would be silly for me. i'm trying to win not trying to see how far i'd get only using one of my characters. i'm trying to win, most the time. sometimes i do just try to prove things though i guess.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Trying to go all 1 character for pride purposes is dumb IMO. A few players are good enough to pull it off, but for the most part, you're better off using secondaries.

Choice

Smash Champion
its not necessarily that you're better off using secondaries. some people their best character is the character which they should be using in every mu cuz its so much better than anything else they have or they only have fun playing that character. i do think you should keep your tourney characters to as few as possible though.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Honestly, I think it depends on the player. I've seen players use just one character and **** every MU with it, and some who use like 6 and hard counter their opponent every time and get away with it.

For most players though, I'd say 2-3 chars is what you should be looking at unless you play MK/Snake/Diddy/Falco.

Choice

Smash Champion
6 characters is way too much. eventually you'll hit a wall imo cuz your opponent was only playing 1 or 2 characters and invested the same amount of time as you did into the game.

Gah777

Smash Lord
I play about 5 characters, but i only invest time into one or two for tourneys and the others i usually play in friendlies.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Why do no Wolf players utilize boost pivot grab and boost grab?

It makes Falco's able to cg Snake 8 times and Wolf gets a larger grab range through it. Utilize this technique Wolf's. There is no reason our metagame should slack when we have every available tech and we aren't using it.

_Kain_

Smash Champion

It makes Falco's able to cg Snake 8 times and Wolf gets a larger grab range through it. Utilize this technique Wolf's. There is no reason our metagame should slack when we have every available tech and we aren't using it.
1- Wolf can't CG

2- Wolf's boost grab is really only good for readin AD's, grabbin an opponent when their landing back on the ground, or reading a spotdodge or roll

Choice

Smash Champion
wolf can cg against walls. i cg with dthrow like i'm falco sometimes though, honestly.

Gah777

Smash Lord

I pivot grab. But i had no idea Wolf had a boost pivot grab.

Choice

Smash Champion
every character has a boost pivot grab as well as a boost grab. its just a matter of whether or not their boost grab is better than the dash grab or maybe even worse. its just like how every character can dacus just only a handful have a good one.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Wolf's pivot grab kinda umm... sucks. He's one of the few characters that I rarely pivot grab or boost grab with because it just isn't really that needed.

Anyways, on the subject of alts. Having a main and 1 alt is most-likely the best route to take. I used to use like, 4-5 different characters and I always did bad in tournaments because of it. Before that, when I only used 2 characters, I did alright. After I started to main Wolf and ONLY used Wolf, I did good. After I picked up 2 alts, I did worse. Usually it's best to use few characters so you get goo as them, because having a character to hard counter your opponent doesn't help much when they know the matchup better than you because it's their 1 character they use for everything vs. one of your many characters that you use for certain situations.

:059:

Choice

Smash Champion
switching characters is the biggest mix up in the game.

like if a pro samus changed to zss on their 3rd stock, how would you adapt to that?!

Choice

Smash Champion
you already know how to roll though. you mean use him more in tourney?

Choice

Smash Champion
no joke, jj rolls really well with lucario. i remember having some really close matches with it. its not like he was rolling in such a manner that was mad easy to punish or anything.

D

Deleted member

So who does everyone alt? I alt Lucas and Pit.

I recently tried to see if I could pick up Falco, but I'm pretty horrible with him.

Top Bottom