• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Hanzhou

Smash Journeyman
No one to play smash with South Jersey -Keith Kush
I practically spam this.

I have a new job, guys. Maybe I will start entering again. I kinda' just want to **** people up with Wolf.
You should enter tournies more. I seen your wolf at Ktar 3 and that rutgers tourney; Mad impressive.

I tend to bdacus after someone rolls from a whiffed upsmash or dsmash. Other than than I just use regular dacus.

I use and think aerial b reversed lasers worth but want I meant was the grounded B reversed lasers. I see choice use grounded ones out of a dash and I just cant get the timing right without sd'ing half the time -___-

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
BDACUS works just as well in that case.
Eh, no it doesn't. First of all you have to perform an action from which you do the BDACUS. That alone can mess up the timing for punishing a dodge. It's also not nearly as practical because the slide of the regular DACUS puts you in a much better position.

If you space a regular DACUS well you can poke a shield with the first hit of usmash and then slide on behind the opponent, while the 2nd hitbox covers your back. If the opponent dodges instead of shielding you might hit him with both hits. But even if his DI is good enough to avoid the 2nd hit he ends up in a horrible position and you can just pressure himwith bair or shine.

:059:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Side b cancels aren't useful enough to learn in my opinion and I'll never learn the timing because I think its a waste of time someone could be learning matchups.

You're all overating Usmash too much.

Hi Jcav :)

In good news, subway's new jalapeno cheddar bread is LEGIT. Had some breakfest combo coupon and got an italian breakfest bmt 6 inch and a chipotle chicken regular 6 inch.

Laem

Smash Champion
omg wat
long side b cancel for the ****ing win
like situationally grants u 2x recovery distance or some ridic shiz like that
u guys be smoking

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
omg wat
long side b cancel for the ****ing win
like situationally grants u 2x recovery distance or some ridic shiz like that
u guys be smoking
This, basically. SideB cancels are ****, and if you say otherwise, I don't even know @__@

DACUS is good, just for the amount of options it can cover. Wolf really benefits from good reaction time, and DACUS is one of the reasons why imo.

D

Deleted member

While I still think BDACUS is more useful than DACUS, I don't think Wolf's is by any means a bad move. I just can't do it. Can't flash cancel unless it's on wifi, either.

Wolf's flash cancel is really awesome if you can do it, though.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Sure flash cancel looks cool, but I see no point in learning it to this day.

Dacus is only good at catching spotdodges, ad landing, bair>dacus combo, and flooring. Don't dacus shields.

tekkie

Smash Master
wolf's dacus is broken tier for smash breakdancing moves, beating out sonic's taunt and shieks dsmash

i still spam dacus to the edge when my opponents recovering because i always wanna stage spike even though its borderline impossible and i always get punished for it :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Recovery mix-up. From far offstage, it will send Wolf flying back to the stage. I think if you can do it, make use of it for that. It's just difficult...I still don't understand the timing of it.

Gah777

Smash Lord
wolf's dacus is broken tier for smash breakdancing moves, beating out sonic's taunt and shieks dsmash

i still spam dacus to the edge when my opponents recovering because i always wanna stage spike even though its borderline impossible and i always get punished for it :awesome:
hahaha

haha yeah, I do this a lot too XD

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Recording/uploading Tekkie's vids.

Tekkie, you AD back to the ground way too much and get ***** for it by Dekar.

Can someone make a thread at what percent every character dies from a fresh Fair when they're on like the ground of FD or something? I wanna know when I can kill with it, as to not stale it. It's easily Wolf's safest kill move usually.

tekkie

Smash Master
Tekkie, you AD back to the ground way too much and get ***** for it by Dekar.
yeah i got spooked way too much since i havent been playing this with good players in forever but im making a better habit bairing to the ground

i really really really wish fair was lagless :c

btw these were all smashfest friendlies; i might go to a tournament later in december

JCav

Smash Lord
What's this bair>illusion stuff?

and do you guys have a thread for bdacus? I can't seem to get it down..

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
The Marth vs Wolf vid isn't working properly. With no tripping or regular hacks. @_@. Every other replay worked and is uploaded.

tekkie

Smash Master
The Marth vs Wolf vid isn't working properly. With no tripping or regular hacks. @_@. Every other replay worked and is uploaded.
it worked on my wii; the music was the ending theme from yoshi's story, that's on yoshi's island in my music for you right? other than that, fiddlesticks :p lol it was mostly awesome for the second stock kill, it was the sexiest thing since sliced bread

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer

Dacus is only good at catching spotdodges, ad landing, bair>dacus combo, and flooring. Don't dacus shields.
Flash cancel helps for recovery, running away, and giving chase. It's really helpful, like, really. Boosts mobility hardcore :o DACUS is good at sliding under stuff, like when you're the right distance away from another character and they go airborne just DACUS through them and continue running away or whatever :p

Can someone make a thread at what percent every character dies from a fresh Fair when they're on like the ground of FD or something? I wanna know when I can kill with it, as to not stale it. It's easily Wolf's safest kill move usually.
Agreed, this would be really nice.

What's this bair>illusion stuff?

and do you guys have a thread for bdacus? I can't seem to get it down..
Bair > illusion? Huh? :confused:

There's a thread for bdacus, just search bdacus in thread titles on the Wolf boards, Zync made a thread about it ;D

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Hey Seagull Man, what happened to Game 2 of me and Denti? :<
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCEHdZpJcO0 <This one? It's been up O_O

All matches are up vs Denti. YI, BF, and Sv matches. You just forget to get game 2 from my channel.
i think the gorf diddy round 1 is broken; look at the ending lol; tripping might have been on for that :<
Sorry bout that. I'll re-record/re-upload later. I've got some homework to get done and I wanna go pick up Dark Dawn and maybe go to Kohls for some hoodies.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Side b cancels aren't useful enough to learn in my opinion and I'll never learn the timing because I think its a waste of time someone could be learning matchups.
Couldn't disagree more. Side B Cancels = sick mobility.

Execution and matchup knowledge compliment eachother.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I feel like I should contribute, but I don't know anything...
...Should I leave?
No, you should stay and learn :D People shouldn't feel like they always need to contribute though, and it's not like you can't help if you don't have any direct knowledge of what's going on either, y'know? You can always ask questions to help further understanding of why things work and all that, there are a lot of things most people forget to consider, so yeah. Basically, stay lol :p

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Weird, because it's not up on your uploaded list, Seagull.
Edit: Yeah, it's marked as "unlisted". Can you fix that please? :>

_Kain_

Smash Champion
If I could side b cancel 100% I wouldn't have to worry about DDD edging me no more. GG fat slow penguin

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Weird, because it's not up on your uploaded list, Seagull.
Edit: Yeah, it's marked as "unlisted". Can you fix that please? :>
Fixed. Didn't even know I made it unlisted.
If I could side b cancel 100% I wouldn't have to worry about DDD edging me no more. GG fat slow penguin
GG indeed.
I'd time out every DDD, Luigi, IC and Olimar if I could do that

Why Luigi?
And DK and Kirby and probably a bunch of other characters lol. We should start timing out more xD

:awesome:
in conjunction with jumpshine, ganondorf can't even catch wolf ever even if he predicts everything you do
Poor Ganon.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
And DK and Kirby and probably a bunch of other characters lol. We should start timing out more xD

DK may actually be to fast. His Dash- and airspeed are no joke and he has big hitboxes to cover your escape attempts.

Why Luigi?
I know that Wolf doesn't need it to **** Luigi. I'd still go the safe route though. Like, I don't wanna run into some dumb gimmick just to lose a set -.-

Gah777

Smash Lord
know that Wolf doesn't need it to **** Luigi. I'd still go the safe route though. Like, I don't wanna run into some dumb gimmick just to lose a set -.-

They used to call 'em "combos" back in the Melee days.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
DK may actually be to fast. His Dash- and airspeed are no joke and he has big hitboxes to cover your escape attempts.

I know that Wolf doesn't need it to **** Luigi. I'd still go the safe route though. Like, I don't wanna run into some dumb gimmick just to lose a set -.-

Idk, DK is definitely iffy, but it's worth a shot :p I don't like getting read and punched and killed at like 70% X_x

Top Bottom