• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WOC presents: Cold Hand Johns - 26th Jan 2008 Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiko

Smash Champion
Wings of Corruption presents Cold Hand Johns or CHJ for short.

Date (confirmed):
Saturday 26th January 2008

Venue (confirmed):
Liverpool Spiritualist Church
Liverpool
Merseyside
L3 8HR

The venue is literally across the road from the main housing and is probably the nicest venue you will go to in the British smash circuit. Its nearly twice as big as the GT hall plus there is a small side room where people can have friendlies during event matches. Venue and date is now confirmed so people can start booking their travel. Housing is available Friday 25th and Saturday 26th.

Cost:
£5 - Singles
£10 per team - Doubles
£5 - Venue (This cost applies to everyone regardless of what events they enter)

Prize:
Singles
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%
4th/5th - Entry fee £5

Doubles - TBA

Housing:

Aiko's and Bulletbill's
D19b Opal Court
London Road
Liverpool
L3 8HR

The main flat can house around 15-20 people. Other people who are not involved in smash live here so your cooperation in keeping it peaceful and odour free is necessary.

We also have a house (kindly donated by will) within a 5 minute walk from the main flat where we can house another 15-20 people. This house will be reserved for people who want to go to sleep early as the neighbours do not want noise late at night.

Travel:

Train - Take the train to Liverpool Lime Street Station and give me a call, since the location is only a 5-10 minute walk.
Coach - Coach to Liverpool and call me. It's a 5 minute walk to the location.

Aiko - fisheatcorn@hotmail.com

BulletBill - bentondestruction@hotmail.co.uk

Rules:

BYOC - This is imperative, there will be no spare controllers, nobody will bring a controller for you. So you must Bring Your Own Controller!!

Controller Rules

Due to the lack of original Cube controllers found in shops, I am allowing Mad Catz, Logic 3, Wavebird and other 3rd Party controllers. I ask you all to watch your opponents controllers at any point when you feel it's safe to do so, or if you think they may be cheating. I will be walking around as well and watching and if I see anyone I suspect of cheating I will have the game paused and the controller tested as is.

VIOLATION OF ANY OF THESE RULES WILL BE PUNISHED!

You will be eliminated from the tournament, you will lose any game you were playing and any sets you may have yet to play will be classed as a loss for you. You will not be refunded any amount of money you may have paid and you will be disallowed entry to any other events happening that day.

To All Those Bringing/Using Wavebirds!!

Due to the way Wavebirds work, there are extra rules surrounding their use. First off, if I catch you cheating by having an accomplice play your game for you using the wavebird channel system, you will both be disqualified from all events immediately. Your money will not be refunded.

Second, due to the wireless technology in Wavebirds you may experience lag from the controller signals, interference or accidental channel stealing from other players. This WILL NOT be accepted as an excuse for a loss or an in game technicality. If you are bringing a Wavebird and intend to use said Wavebird in tournament play, you are accepting any and all possible risks that come with it's use.

In order to minimise confusion and accidental cross-channelling (A term I just made up, where two players use the same channel by accident, causing weird effects) I reccomend that everyone intending to use a wavebird in this tournament either PM me or post in this thread that you are intending to do so. If not, tell me on the day when you register that you will be doing as such. With this in place I can assign channel numbers that players are to use on the day and minimise accidental cross-channeling.

Singles and Doubles:

-Best of 3 Set
-4 stock per person
-7 minutes time limit
-Advanced Slob Picks

-No items
-Wobbling is banned

Stages:

We are using the French rules for this tournament to prepare people for Epita. The ruling on stages is:

-First match is random from Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium and Dreamland 64.
-Counterpicks are Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium, Dreamland 64, Yoshi's story, Fountain of Dreams and Battlefield.
-You cannot counterpick the last level you won on.
-There are no stage bannings at the beginning of the set.

Heres a link to the French ruleset - http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=111223

---
Can people start posting whether they can make it or not so we have an idea of turnout and so we can start organising seeds.

Aiko

Smash Champion
wobbling is banned because we dont want noobs who only wobble. if your not happy with it, go play MB (oh wait you do...)

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Mute City,Brinstar and Poke-Floats would have to be there too if Rainbow Ride was.Its up to the tourney hosts,just make a decision.I dont think many people can be arsed debating it online,I know I cant.Asking people what they want isnt going to get you far.

Aiko

Smash Champion
T.V.s from R&F would be most appreciated, Currently, we have 5 set ups but we expect STFU to bring a few too. Maybe ed can bring a few too. the hall is big enoug for at least 12 set ups if not more.

craiigg

Smash Lord
sounds fine, will obv turn up
stages what zepmans said, rainbow ****e etc gtfo

and one of you ****ers better be large and in charge, ed taking control of charles' was ridiculous x____x;

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
YAAAAASSSSSS The tournament is happening people.

Frozenwave- pleeeeassse come :(. Your IC's are ****- seriously they are ****ing AMAZING ask anyone you've played.

ITS MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
LOL.
I better be reserved for housing with WOC + Crew battles.
Also Ant I'm booked for the 7th of December to the 9th of December. Get on msn and I'll talk about details? :D

P.Vanity

Smash Ace
I'll be coming to this i'll book when the date is confirmed. Though...i have prelims in jan so depends when they are, will find that out asap. I THINK the prelis are 14th-19th of Jan, Mid Jan def though..

monty06

Smash Ace
jag vet inte, om jag kan göra denna turnering, yet jag ska försök och får tiden av arbete

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
cue all 'die craig' posts

die craig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom