• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winter Con 2014- Baton Rouge Louisiana- January 25, 2014

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
Winter con 2014
January 25th

Lazertag of Baton Rouge

Thanks again for everyone coming out even with the road problems due to the weather. It makes me very happy to see how many players still came through to come to this event. In the end it was very successful and despite schedule issues because of the ice on the roads we. I'm looking forward to seeing all of your faces again for Summer con and much more.
Keep training it'll be here before you know it. :)

We'll be updating this thread with information for the rest of today until we have everything accurately stated.

Brawl singles: Bracket http://imgur.com/75ejhwk
1: CT Denti :olimar:($ 220+ $100 Bonus)
2: JNig :warioc:($100)
3: MAR :metaknight:($60)
4: Infinity :metaknight:($20)
5: Brawlman :sonic:
5: BSP :luigi2::mario2::sonic:?
7: Day :metaknight:
7: Gunner :pikachu2:
9: TRC Curlz :metaknight:
9: Hyro :toonlink:
9: Jonathan :luigi2:
9: Byron :diddy:
13: Okuser :metaknight::snake:?
13: Li-D :falco:?
13: TRC IABeast ?
13: Link :toonlink:
17: PiP :metaknight: ?
17: Omaha (NiTEZ) :diddy::dedede:?
17: Luck :diddy:
17: Mike ?
17: Holden :pikachu2:
17: Eman ?
17: Clown :zerosuitsamus::rob:
17: Ramsaur :metaknight::pikachu2:?
25: TRC Blaise :snake:?
25: Raboon :kirby2:?
25: Juglo :rob::metaknight:?
25: [ASL] BSL :luigi2:
25: Dimbenes :sheik:?
25: TRC Oath :pit:?
25: TRC FPDav :dk2:?
25: RuslinJimmies ?
33: Captain Workout ?
33: Andrew :toonlink:?
33: Princess ?
33: Danky Kang ?
33: Machina Seven ?
33: DiZ ?
33: Denoc :rob::olimar::gw:?
33: Meed ?
33: Joe ?

Brawl doubles: Bracket http://imgur.com/LtzPG3Y
1/2: It's Luck's Birthday! (JNig :warioc: and Luck :diddy:) ($56)
1/2: Infinity :metaknight:? and CT Denti :olimar:($56)
3: BSP :luigi2::mario2:? and MAR :metaknight:($28)
4: Hyro :toonlink: and R0ni :metaknight:
5: Gunner :pikachu2: and Okuser :metaknight::snake:?
5: Bromaha (Brawlman :sonic: and Omaha (NiTEZ) :diddy::dedede:)
7: Jonathan :luigi2: and Day :metaknight:
7: Holden :pikachu2: and Andrew :toonlink:
9: TRC IABeast ? and TRC Oath :pit:
9: Li-D :falco:? and Byron :diddy:
9: Juglo :rob::metaknight:? and Denoc :rob::gw:?
9: Scooty ? and Mankey ?
13: Princess ? and Dimbenes :sheik:?
13: TRC Blaise :snake::mario2:? and TRC FPDav :dk2:?

P:M singles

1: Infinity
2: Denti
3: Dope
4: Lee
5: Avery
5: Drinking Food
7: JNig
7: Austin
9: Vaughn
9: Ricky
9: TaylorHJ
9: Luck
13: Andrew
13: Xandre
13: Bombitty
13: H
17: Fake George
17: Magi_
17: Terrill
17: Revans
17: Zizaziz
17: ASL | M3T
17: Blake
17: ASL | BSL
25: Wiggins
25: TRC | Blaise
25: ASL | Cubelarooso
25: Smugleaf
25: TRC | LaBeast
25: RJ
25: WhoAmI
25: Murdock
33: Rex
33: Unknown
33: Squall
33: DiZ
33: Ira
33: Ffvimp
33: ASL | Jeth
33: Kedreck

P:M Teams

1: Infinity and Denti
2: Dope and Luck
3: Austin and Avery
4: Blake and H
5: Tim and Taylor
5: DF and RJ
7: Revans and Andrew
7: Blaise and LA Beast
9: Lowness and John
9: Bombitty and WhoAmI?!?!
9: Trey and ASL | M3T
9: Vaughn and Roni
13: EG Hotfire and Mikey
13: ASL | Cubelarooso and ASL | Jeff
13: Murdock and Unknown

Melee singles

1: Dope
2: Lee
3: TaylorHJ
4: Freddy
5: Avery
5: Tim
7: JNig
7: Pritch
9: Brandon
9: James
9: Pops
9: Vaughn
13: RJ
13: Andrew
13: Ran
13: Austin
17: Kenny
17: Darkseer
17: Griff
17: Tachyon
17: Trey
17: Aaron
17: Dylan
17: Murdock
25: Zylo
25: TRC | Oath
25: EG Hotfire
25: Nick
25: Ricky
25: Zizaziz
25: Wiggins
25: Domnot
33: Grace
33: TRC | Blaise
33: CaptainWorkout
33: DiZ
33: Roni
33: Meed
33: Unknown
33: John
33: MakinaSeven
33: TRC | LaBeast
33: Xandre
33: Bode

Melee teams

1: Tim and Taylor
2: Austin and Avery
3: Dope and Luck
4: Freddy and Li-D
5: Andrew and Griff
5: James and Brandon
7: DF and RJ
7: Pritch and Tachyon
9: MakinaSeven and CaptianWorkout
9: Vaughn and Roni
9: Lowness and John
9: Lee and Grace
13: DrakeSmith and MagnusLam
13: Murdock and Unknown
13: Domnot and Nick
13: Wiggins Xkcp

Smash N64 singles

Bracket

1.XKCP ($170):jigglypuff64::falcon64::fox64::kirby64::samus64:
2.Bowl ($60):kirby64::pikachu64::falcon64:(TX)
3.Fancy ($20):samus64:
4.JagerBombs:kirby64::jigglypuff64:(FL)
5.Denti:pikachu64:(TX)
5.Beezy:kirby64:(TX)
7.Bo-lander:pikachu64::fox64::falcon64::link64:(FL)
7.JazzyJinx:mario64:
9.Bomber:link64:
9.Lionheart:yoshi64:
9.The Tusk:fox64:
9.Gunnar:pikachu64:
13.TrcMab:kirby64:
13.TrcBlaise:falcon64:
13.17:kirby64:
13.Stark:luigi64:
17.Taylor HJ (Dropped):kirby64:
17.Rooske:pikachu64::fox64:(TX)
17.Ryan H:pikachu64:
17.Jwulf:jigglypuff64:

Some of the Bracket may be off and results. The bracket wasn't saved so I redid it to the best of my knowledge most if not all of it should be correct.

Smash N64 Doubles

Bracket

1. Bowl and Beezy ($54)
2.Taylor and XKCP ($27)
3.Denfinity ($9)
4.Jagerbombs and Bolander
5.Burlock and mmeed
5.Jwulf and Fancy
7. Aaron Patrol
7. Jazzy Jinx and Ethan
13. 17 and Bomber

Pokemon

1. Mikey
2.Jeremy Krail
3. Tan Bird

Last edited:

Mr3ballRyRyDaddy

Smash Cadet
@Erick -> For brawls singles meed played me with zss and rob
Had a great time at my first tourney and anyone who wants to play that lives in BR or goes to LSU pm me.
Also I read something about events at open world? where is that? and also chinese inn? what chinese inn?
-clown

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Payouts for brawl are wayyyyy off, singles was paid out to top 4 as well.

Clown, open world is a video game cafe in Mandeville just a couple of minutes from the causeway bridge, and the Chinese Inn is a Chinese restaurant in BR on Airline drive.

shoutouts later, at work atm

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
For 64 singles jagerbombs used Kirby/Jigglypuff no Pika and I used Fox/Pika/Falcon/Link no Kirby

It was a lot of fun! Thanks for housing us Erick. Shout outs to everyone I met and played. You all were super nice and really fun to play I hope I can make it out there again for another tournament or if we just happen to be in Louisiana again we can meet up and play somewhere. Congrats, David on winning. We'll MM sometime or another.

Last edited:

-Ran

Smash Master
I’d like to first state that I was thrilled to see all of the new faces for all the various games that we had at Smashcon. I was pleased to see so much potential fresh blood, and I do hope that we made a lasting impression on them as a community of players that would make them want to come back. I wish that I could have spent more time with them, which was my plan coming into this event; however on that note, I must unfortunately turn my attention towards how the actual events were ran.

I knew that the events were going to be delayed by two hours, and thus I arrived at 12:30, which should have meant that the event should have been well in hand in regards to set ups. Upon reaching the upstairs of the laser tag, I was faced with tvs strewn about the floor, and a complete disaster in regards to how the event was set up. Everything was in utter disarray, with setups mingling for every game with no order to the madness. After wandering around for fifteen minutes, I realized that it wasn’t going to be fixed in time for any event to actually be run to completion. At this point, I started to scream my head off in order to establish some level of order. The community for the most part listened, and within forty or so minutes, all the set ups were configured as best as possible. At some point, I believe a Smashcon member walked over and thanked me.

Best as possible means that there was substantial room for improvement. There was a total lack of power strips, no extension cords and thus all of the tvs were tethered to the same wall. Setups were horrifically crowded together, despite the size of the venue. Despite all of the potential space due to the tables in the venue, none of it was able to be used. It is to my understanding that Smashcon charges more on the venue fees to allot for equipment; however, it did not appear that funds were spent in the most basic of directions. After splitting the setups as best I could [taking away from what people brought their setups for] Brawl had around six setups, Melee had around six, PM and 64 both had four each. For three forty man brackets, and three teams events that held almost full sixteen man brackets, this simply was not enough.

Due to how clustered everything was together, there was no way to easily view who was playing a friendly, and the setups weren’t even numbered. Players had absolutely no elbow room, and there was scarcely a way to hear the game audio. Getting a match started was already a tough situation with the setups, but due to the tremendous amount of events being run, it was near impossible. It would take over thirty minutes to get a match completed due to having to track down a player, or the player was in another event. Since Teams in all three games were run first players were constantly waiting and splitting between games due to the player blend between events. I want to say it took to almost 5:30 pm to get Singles rolling in Melee/Brawl.

Going into this event, I had made no plans to help run it, but it became apparent that unless I chipped in substantially the event would have been a disaster. I wanted nothing more to be a player who ignored problems while playing friendlies, but I wasn’t afforded that luxury. The Smashcon Staff was nonexistence in their presence for me during the event. The moment I began to organize the setups, I immediately became the face for everyone to ask questions to due to actually getting stuff done. Taylor, Mandie, and myself were tasked with running four brackets with a few other members chipping in. I feel that the frame work for a successful event wasn’t laid, and we had to brute force our way through so many issues. I was incredibly frustrated the entire time due to how everything was handled.

Saturday was a day filled of stress and annoyance. I didn’t start to enjoy myself until I played Project Melee in Avery’s place in the bracket where I began to play the game for fun, rather than trying to win. The fact of the matter is, if I’m going to attend an event and become the defacto-Organizer, I’m going to start to run my own properly planned events. At least when I did that, I could take pride in the event being run smoothly and efficiently. I have no intention of attending another Smashcon event due to the huge level of dissatisfaction I have had as someone attending the events.

Tl;dr:

If you attended Smashcon and enjoyed how the Melee and PM Events were handled and enjoyed me bellowing about the venue, I’d like you to keep your eyes open for the future. The level of stress I have experienced at the two Smashcon events I’ve attended has lit a fire in my heart to provide a proper tournament experience to my scene.

PS: Vaughn is also a savior with his microphone.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Sick tourney! Shoutouts to Erick and the rest of the SmashCon staff for hosting.

Shoutouts to Anthony for carrying me in doubles. Hope I didn't break your back lol.
Shoutouts to JNig for our insane set! I swear if u hadn't landed that fart game 3 I would have won >_<. Still, I enjoyed playing u as always ggs.
Shoutouts to Hyro for our dope set as well. Sucks the way it ended tho :(.
Shoutouts to Gunner for the close set. Stop going MK so I can play my favorite MU dammit!
Shoutouts to MAR for beating me yet again. You're the main player besides JNig that I struggle against. Even tho I lost to u, I still stand by my statement that MK is my most confident MU. Also, good job double eliminating Infinity. Repping LA like a boss!
And finally shoutouts to TX for being awesome. And by TX I mean Luck and Infinity, not Denti. Because he mains Olimar and takes all of our money. U big bully. :p

Also shoutouts to everyone that came, everyone I talked to, and everyone I played. This tourney was a blast! Already hyped for the next one!

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Really wished I could have made it.
Sucks my ride bailed :'(
I'm sorry if we had known we would have gladly picked you up on the way
we had to pass through Alex to pick up RJ (which we ended up not doing as he had to temporarily bail), took LA1 to get to BR from there, if I had known, we would have gladly met you somewhere
if you have transportation issues you should always make sure to post it everywhere where somebody who could pick you up might see

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
For the record, I did not play Kirby. I did however use Yoshi once or twice and Pikachu in a match (that I lost to Grant's Kirby lol).
EDIT: I did play Fox; it was first round only against Darryl.

Anyways, time for shoutouts and comments:
To TX - You guys are always a lot of fun and I'm glad you decided to brave the weather and icy roads to attend.
To FL 64 - Great job on edging out a lot of our players to get top placings in Singles and your Doubles team was pretty solid. Too bad the Texans were too much to handle for third place. :(
Taylor - It was fun hanging out at your place and I'd love to make it back for the next Shrimp or whatever you plan on getting involved with. Thanks for teaming with me. Hope you feel better.
Gunner/Okuser/Ramsaur - You picked up RJ and were playing Brawl. Mixed feelings. :troll: Good job in 64 though, Gunner. :pikachu:
Murdok - It was cool to see you guys there. I was completely surprised.
Denti - You should play more 64. Sorry I made you and Infinity get third place in Doubles.
Lee - too sneaky.

To a lot of people - sorry if we didn't get to MM or play any friendlies. I really wanted to get all that stuff done, but I ended up dealing with streaming, among other things. I hope to see you all again in the future whether it be LA, TX, FL, or Mexico.

As far as comments go, I pretty much agree with what Ran posted above. I'm not necessarily the most helpful at times because I'd rather be lazy, but I helped out as much as I could barring any "idgaf" moments.

Last edited:

Murdok

Smash Cadet
I laughed at us getting 5th in N64 doubles, without winning a match. Also, the name Burlock has a cool ring to it.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
Yaaaay! Ima have the shoutouts up ASAP. But before then know this: Eman played G&W and Lucario, I played pika/MK/Falco. Li-D played wolf and samus as well. And change link's name to Mara

'V'

Smash Lord
Here are my shoutouts:

Taylor - As always, you did a great job getting things together for Melee while even playing yourself. It didn't look like you were too stressed out this time by the way you were playing in 64 Doubles finals, and that's something that I like to see. Happy Taylor (I imagine) looks really fun to play with.

Ran - Good job getting things organized with the setups. I didn't get a chance to talk too much with you, but I was glad to get the megaphone as soon as I heard you bellow. I was not about potentially getting people to lose their voices in that building.

R0ni - Though we didn't get very far in Doubles for either P:M or Melee, I still had a lot of fun hanging out with you. It was like old times where I constantly visited Thibodaux to play Brawl with you and RickyB. Hope to see you soon and hope you keep playing. You're getting better. I can tell.

Lee - I love you. <3

JNig - We didn't talk very much for this tourney, but I knew you were busy. You did a lot of work this tourney. You shocked the hell out of me when we played our P:M match, which was a really good set. I had no idea that you were getting into Melee and P:M. I just wish that I didn't choke at the end of Game 2 so that we could've gone to Game 3. That set seriously is making me want to get back into playing Melee and P:M. I'm glad I got to play you and I look forward to playing with you again.

Eric - Wish you could've stayed. :(

Austin - Don't let our match get you down too much, man. You're a good player. I just had a lot of Falcon experience as Zelda, so I knew the matchup fairly well. Plus A LOT of people still have faith in my Zelda even though I don't have as much anymore. I look forward to playing you again, so keep practicing.

Dylan - Sucks that some newb shut off our TV during Game 2, though to be honest, we both had equal opportunity to close out that game. Apparently I go Super Saiyan whenever I get salty... lol. Good games, though.

Pritch - I really need to start closing out my stocks properly against you. Every time I mess it up, you make me pay for it hard. Though I'm starting to feel a little more confident in my low-tier matchup knowledge again.

Randall - It was really good to see you again. I hadn't seen you in so long that I was beginning to wonder if you just dropped off the face of the planet. We had our differences in the past, but the way we played together brought back some good memories. Hope to see you again soon.

And now some complaints:

- Whoever the guy was that ran the P:M Doubles bracket... Don't be a jerk to me because all of the events were being run at practically the EXACT SAME TIME and my partner, R0ni, has to go play other matches in other games. As much as even I would've liked to get our matches out of the way as soon as possible, I also understand that my friend has to get other matches done too. Have some patience and don't be a *****. Plain and simple.

- Venue fee was too much, and only 1 free slice of pizza was totally not enough for bringing an entire setup for a game. Just sayin'.

- This should be a 2-day event. I feel that 1 day is just not enough time, especially since we're expecting more people to come out to these kinds of events soon. Yeah the event ran 2 hours late, but I still feel that more time should be allowed overall. Just 1 day is uber stressful.

Overall, though. I had a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to playing more smash in the future because of this event.

P.S. Shouts to my megaphone.

D

Deleted member

super shoutouts to vaughn's megaphone. best investment of all time.

Wiggins

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:

Taylor- for real. After hanging out and playing these last two times, I've wanted to leave less and less. I seriously can't wait for my next chance to be in BR. Thanks for running Melee and pm. Totally wouldn't have happened without you and yo gurl(I'm really bad with names. I'm sorry)

XKCP- thanks for being the best doubles partner ever. We totally made a statement.

RJ- I'm so glad you were able to make it out.

Roni- I'm sorry our match in street fighter was kinda lackluster. I was legit pissed for you and I kinda felt bad for takin' dat W. Next time we'll get a real match in.

Freddy- next time I see you I'm gonna take at least a match off ya. (My sights are obviously aimed high)

Dylan(the white, not RJ Dylan)- thanks for knocking me out of Melee singles ya jerk

Lee Martin- stay free in every game I beat you at(none of them)

Ran- thanks for stepping up and getting things organized(as best you could). And good seeing you. Been a few years.

dF- always good seeing you and Rex. Next event I'm bodying you free tho.

Rex- keep practicing. You're getting better.

Everyone else- unless we fist-fought, it was great seeing you and chit chatting and ****. I'm super stoked for my next chance to come down and see all y'all again.

Despite how things were run, I had a really great time obviously. My only request is that the Smashcon staff step up at their next event and run it themselves.

#ThanksForTheShoutoutsBasedWiggins

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts:

XKCP- thanks for being the best doubles partner ever. We totally made a statement.

#ThanksForTheShoutoutsBasedWiggins
Not sure if sarcastic because we got last, but I thought we did make a great team like you had said previously.

Rodan

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm the Mike that made 17th in Brawl singles. I played Olimar in all of my matches except one round where I played Ice Climbers. As my first tournament, this was an eye-opening experience for me and has me thinking of an entirely different mindset for this game. I hope to make it to more tournaments and get better, and wish I could have had more friendlies with a wider range of players though this was more my lack of seeking people out. Everyone was all very nice and accommodating though and I had fun with everyone I played with, and saw some great matches/players so all-in-all it worth the trip down with my friends from north LA, and even sleeping in a car the night before because the roads were closed. Hope to make more of a statement next time.

dimbenes

Smash Cadet
Shoutout @ BSL BSL and the wolf main and toon link main I played doubles friendlies with for a long time, to everyone i played in singles (especially @labeast337 , great set)

Last edited:

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Erick, idk how the hell you are getting those numbers, but the tio file has this:
Singles:
Denti ($220) +whatever bonus
JNig ($100)
MAR ($60)
Infinity ($20)

Doubles:
JNig and Luck ($56)
Infinity and Denti ($56)
BSP and MAR ($28)

JDIZ

Smash Cadet
Yo I'm DiZ. I got my *** handed to me by Infinity on the recorded TV, I'm not salty about it, though I'm a little disappointed by how terribly I played. Definitely my worst match that day.

I enjoyed myself immensely. This is the third event I've been out to since I started playing a couple months back and I have no doubts I will continue to come to as many as possible. I'm practicing as well so I won't get owned as hard next time.

And to that charizard I fought as Marth in P:M, those fights were awesome. I totally should have switched to another character though haha I couldn't deal with that fire as Marth.

D

Deleted member

hope it wasnt a let down for you david, but i had fun playing 64 teams.

Denti

Smash Master
Smash con is so good!! Always a pleasure!

A few things...

Shout outs to Louisiana for shutting down ALL their high ways for a 1/100,000,000 inch of ice.

Shout outs to Smash 64, my secret lover.

Shout outs to Dope and Randal for double teaming me last stock game 3 in winners bracket Project M singles... CHEATERS IT IS 1 V 1 NOT 2 V 1!!! I ran it back 3-1 in LF tho. #SaltLife

Also I only won $220 for Brawl singles. It didn't look like the pot bonus was included.

Shout outs to getting sick from Whataburger Chicken Strip BBQ Toaster.

Shout outs to Infinity's time out vs Gunner and his clutch get up attacks.

Shout outs to getting out played by Lee Martin on his counterpick game 2 in Project M but I won anyways. Double SD status.

Shout outs to power driving it to this. Damn it is a long drive.

Shout outs for Dallas being the most stacked carpool at this. Luck 3rd in Melee teams?!?!?!

Last edited:

-Ran

Smash Master
Avery = Ran in PM. Avery decided to drop out, and I took his place. We couldn't update the bracket without changing his name across all the events.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
I was gonna use Eman's PC yesterday to do my shoutouts but I ended up getting pulled in to cleaning out his garage by his dad...by the time we were done it was way too late, so I just played a game of league and left XD. I'll get em done today

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Lol denti stay salty about those roads. It'll help de-ice them.

Dopey

Smash Lord
Great tourny everyone!!! Had mad fun and it was very chill...too bad it didnt start earlier lol.

Anti shoutouts to ivysau winning teams with a solar beam !!! LMAO soutouts to everyone i played and to taylor for top tier hospitality skills! Cant wait till the next one!!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Also, in the event I never got the chance to; thanks to everyone who made it out to Wintercon. Despite the weather and some minor problems during the tournament, I was very satisfied with the tournament overall. So thanks to everyone for making it out and helping make this winter's smashcon a very successful one!

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
@ Denti Denti :olimar:: I mean I was right when I said it would be you and Jnig but I wasn't right about infinity being 3rd. Sigh, one day we'll beat you. I didn't get to play you and I really wanted to but SOMEONE wanted to leave early. Next time though! Good job getting 1st...again lol.
@ GOL | 482 | JSalt GOL | 482 | JSalt :warioc:: Really sucks we didn't get to play. We would have after the tournament but SOMEONE wanted to leave early. Still, you did as I expected in brawl, and hella good job in melee as well. Next time we'll get to play doe. I almost had you last time.
MAR :metaknight:: Good stuff in our friendlies. It makes me feel good I went toe to toe with the guy who got third. Plus you're one of those oldschool LA guys so I felt good about playing you. Good stuff beating infinity.
Infinity :metaknight:: I wanted to play you but I didn't get the chance because of SOMEONE leaving early. Good job getting 4th though. You went through a gauntlet of LA players, good stuff. And one day I will surpass you in the trash talk game! Please teach me in the ways of the trash talk Infinity-sensei.
@ Brawlman1000 Brawlman1000 :sonic:: Yeah...I remember when I could go toe to toe with you. Your forward smashes too good. Like you have gotten so good last season and you're only gonna get better. You're defiantly top 5 if not 3 Sonics right now. Sorry we didn't get to do our usual set but SOMEONE wanted to leave early. Next time! Good job man.
BSP :luigi2::mario2::sonic::falco:: You knocked me out of Who's Tyler and you knocked me into losers this time. Like if you could just stop having no fear and burring inside peoples minds when you play that would be super. You said during our set," Dude I'm overrated." HA! You wish you were. STAP BEING SO GOOD AND TRICKY AT THIS GAME!!! GG though, next time ima do better.
@Gunnermaniac :pikachu2:: I know you felt you didn't meet your expectations but you triumphed over Johnathan; someone who you had a LOT of trouble with in the past. Thanks for being an awesome senpai all the time. Letting me stay at your place to watch Apex. Teaching me the ways of the :pikachu2:. Thanks for driving me to tournaments that I otherwise couldn't go to because I'm super poor. Even though we had to leave early, it means a lot for all that you do for me. Thanks man. I'll be sure to drive you to the next tournament on my dollar :)
@ Curlz Curlz :metaknight:: At play and trade I SDed twice and still had you on the ropes. I have been salty about that ever since and still want to play you to beat you. But I never got that chance because SOMONE wanted to leave early. When you triumphed over Okuser in that MK ditto I heard you scream out "YES." That was one of those epic moments that I'll remember. I'll say this: You've gotten a lot better since last we've played and only makes me look more forward to rematching you more. Next time we HAVE to play! Good job this weekend dude!
@ Okuser Okuser :metaknight::snake:: Lol where was the :ganondorf:ditto?
Li-D :falco::wolf::samus2:: Thanks for :falco:tips man. Good stuff on our friendlies sets. It was sort of an honor to pay LA's best Falco and going toe to toe with it. GGs my man.
@BigMara :toonlink:: Ed, what can I say? We've trained together for about half a year now. Ever since I discovered you (well you found me XD) I've been waiting for the day you went to a tournament. As much as you resent the tournament scene I'm glad you opened up to this one. Jnig, brawlman, all the top guys were VERY impressed with how good you are. I've been trying to build you up for a while now and I'm glad that's finally paying off. You may want to stay underground but you're going places. Damn good job today and I'm really proud of how you did. GGs on our set though. Now here's the thing; if I had won, I would have been happy to advance but sad to see you get knocked out. But since you won, I was upset I got knocked out but happy you got to move up. Hell of a showing and I look forward to practicing with you more. You've made a name for yourself...you can't get out of it now. I'll see you soon brother.
Luck :diddy:: Ah my claw brother in arms. GG on our friendlies though. I'm getting better at the :diddy:MU. We need to chill more bro. Never stop using THE CLAW!
@HoldeN HoT FiyA :pikachu2:: Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! You've gotten much better since I last saw you. Those pivot grabs are sexy! You need to pick up someone for the :olimar:MU. I suggest :metaknight:or:peach:. I'm really upset we didn't get to play other than you playing one match against my :olimar:, but SOMEONE wanted to leave. Good stuff though. We HAVE to play soon!
@Emanxlr8r :gw::lucario:: I am so proud of you for beating Li-D. Like good freaking job dude. Even though you don't give a rats ass when you play against me, I get to see how well you can play against other people. Keep it up dude. You make me proud to have you as TxB.
TxB/Ramsaur :metaknight::pikachu2::falco:: Good job this weekend dude. You set a goal to not get salty and have a fun time even when losing, and you fulfilled that goal. The training with @BigMara has really worked and you showed major improvement at this tournament. Good job going toe to toe with so many top level guys. And for playing :falco:for the first time in tournament. It's defiantly good enough for tournaments. Just keep practicing and you'll be top 5 in no time!
TRC Blaise :snake::mario2:: GGs man. Good set. I had a lot of fun!
@ BSL BSL :luigi2:: Really sucks I didn't get to play against you but SOMEONE just HAD to leave early. Next time we'll get to play, and it was good to meet you man!
@RuslinJimmies :bowser2::snake::metaknight:: It was really good seeing you again man! Good job having the nuts to play Bower in bracket haha! Good job in melee and P:M too! It was great hanging out with you again. We've got to go to more tournaments around here!
Andrew :toonlink:: Good seeing you again man. You've gotten A LOT better since last smashcon. I mean you made me work to beat you. Good job you've gotten a lot better. And has Holden told you about my offer? If not, text me. My number is on my smashboards information.

Overall it was a great tournament with only two things that went wrong. Someone mismanaged my money and I didn't get to enter doubles. Really upset that happened. And SOMEONE wanted to leave early so I didn't get to play like ANYONE I wanted to. Good job to the TOs; it was great! I look forward to summercon!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Yeah dude, sorry I left. I was just super exhausted for some reason. we'll play next time

Top Bottom