• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winners Round 1 and Gamestop Tournament Discussion

Zoro

Smash Champion
Anybody win at their gamestops for round 1?

I did

i got a cool trophy of a wrestler that says smash local legend of wreckage or something like that. Lol

Rules were so wack i hope round 2 isnt as gay.

Also i swear milktea or her clone were at my gamestop.,

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
I won. Got the same freak wrestling trophy thing. wtf is with that lol.

My friend won(at a different gamestop) and got gift certificates too. wtf . I didnt get anything else. :(

dizzam

Smash Cadet
Got 2nd place. After he killed me, he started to run away lol. I guess thats a good strategy for one minute matches.

Jooce Bocks

Smash Cadet
I won at my Gamestop tournament as well. Rules weren't all that bad, although I would have liked items off. I adjusted rather well to the Wiimote+Nunchuck so that really helped. Time for me to ask a new question: How many winners of Round 1 will likely be able to go to Round 2? It is seeming unlikely that I will be able to go to round 2 next week, but I am going to try. I just entered for the funny trophy :laugh:.

Eval

Smash Journeyman
lol i got one of those random trophies too @_@. And for finals they said like anything you agree with your opponent(my friend) so i was like cool no items, GC controller, 4 stocks, 1 round, marth(me) vs peach BATTLEFIELD!!!!!!!!!!! xD I choose 4 stocks since they said only 1 round so i put 4 stocks then ;< I also got a $15.00 gift card...

PS No one is on wifi to play with, guess i was the only one on the server lol

TheMinority

Smash Rookie
I freakin lost the first match. It would've been tied. The opponent went in the background to die when time ran out.....**** i was pissed.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Raptor Hawk FTW! you only won cause I let your Pika stay alive to 550 yesterday for practice!! :D

I won at Gamecrazy!

Nikumatic

Smash Rookie
I won. First matches were all 1 minute time (there were 50 participants, so this was required). Round 4, the matches moved into 3 minutes. Final round was five stock.

catfriedrice

Smash Journeyman
Anybody win at their gamestops for round 1?

I did

i got a cool trophy of a wrestler that says smash local legend of wreckage or something like that. Lol

Rules were so wack i hope round 2 isnt as gay.

Also i swear milktea or her clone were at my gamestop.,
Gee, got the same trophy. I thought it was just a local store thing, but now I know Gamestop put a lot of lazyness into this.

Who'd you end up with in Random characters?

EDIT: Gee, looks like I'm the only one who ended up with the same time/strategy for the entire thing. They took 64 (4 sets of 16) and I was 3 in line. Won out my set, waited for the other 3, then played in the final four. Only rule that may be different was we kept our same random character throughout the sets.

xio

Smash Cadet
Supposedly, the prize for winning is the trophy, the gift card ($25 in GA), the cardboard box of SSBB with official Nintendo pen, journal book and key chain.

Aberu

Smash Cadet
Did they ****ing do "King of the hill" at all the locations as well. Basically you get PUNISHED for signing up early since king of the hill means first person has to play thirty-****ing-one people to ****ing win. So the douchebags in the back of the line that didn't give a **** about registering, had a ****ing advantage over any competent player...

There rant over.

Final time I will ever put any trust in Gamestop tournaments. And jesus christ 1 minute was way worse than it sounds (and it already sounds horrible). I just started to make a comeback on my 2nd match, and I use peach's final smash after KNOCKING IT OUT OF FOX KTHX SKILL and I had 5 seconds so I use it, and her animation is 5 seconds. Got to be kidding me.

Cha0s

Smash Rookie
I won my game. Felt bad for the little kids but oh well. El oh el at the trophy. Now I know that this **** is legit. We played with gamecube controllers though. I don't know if I will be the next time.

gooseman

Smash Cadet
Took 2nd place with Pokemon Trainer. I more or less threw the final to this really nice kid who was there with his mom, he deserved it more. I say more or less because he wasn't having THAT much trouble kicking my ***.

Got a Luigi plush for my 2nd place.

Icebreaker200

Smash Rookie
I took 1st at my local gamestop. it was ridiculous, i had to play w/ the nunchucks and it was random character. i ended up with king deedee.... I thought i was going to lose every round... I went into sudden death twice as well. As for the prizes, nothing much. i just got the same trophy everyones prolly ashamed of getting hahaha. i didnt get anything else, no copy of the game, no gift certificate, no plushy. pretty lame. I hope that the 2nd round is better. At least a different character, talk about pressure.

GoldenIke

Smash Apprentice
I lost cause they suck at running it. 10 ppl complained cause there controller SUX and so does there rules

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
Ram won ours lol over like 100 random noobs at ours lol

I lost cause they suck at running it. 10 ppl complained cause there controller SUX and so does there rules

lol i lost too bro soo no jons.....

everyone knew what they were getting into entering it. to me it was 100% a luck tournament. Still fun as hell tho with our huge crowd of people cheering. DANG THOSE 100 NOOBS

ParadoxRyk

Smash Cadet
I won my game. Felt bad for the little kids but oh well. El oh el at the trophy. Now I know that this **** is legit. We played with gamecube controllers though. I don't know if I will be the next time.
Chaos:
Yeah, the official rules said that we MUST use wii-motes and nun-chucks. But from the sound of it a lot of stores violated Nintendo's official rules.

All:
Also, the PRIZE was only suppose to be the Nintendo Trophy, anything that you guys got extra was just junk that the store had laying around (we do it all the time), or the store was just very nice and provided their own little gratuity. The ROUND 2 PRIZE is going to be the same bull as the first, except with a KARATE FIGHTER instead of a wrestler. Round 3 is when they start to get good, I think.

If the stores try to BS you guys again, make sure they read the rules again, because I'm almost certain Nintendo will hound their balls about altering a National event.

Much Respect to all the winners, it was tough circumstances, and you all prevailed. I just wish I could've entered, Keep It Up!

Friend Code:
ParadoX (PdoX)
4511-0096-3121

Mitchellw19

Smash Rookie
I had more troubles with the controls (Wii mote and Nunchuk) then with the poeple at first. I got the smash ball every match, and thus won every match.

Last round I went up against an Ike player (I was Fox), he missed with his final smash but killed me with one second left, one freakin second. We went to Sudden death, I missed with some jump kicks, he missed with some attacks. I then ran at him and hit with Fox's dashing kick: Victory, end of round 1 for me.

I got a greyish/silver Wrestling trophy, nothing else, didn't care, I was juiced. Only 32 people were at the gamestop I was at, so I had to win 3 times. Looking forward to round 2...and not killing myself by falling lol.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I won mine, and got a free copy of Brawl. I convinced them to change the rules to 1v1 and 3-stock, and they decided to put all items on and do random stages. It was still a horrible tournament but it was fun.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I am so mad at my gamestop. On the list it clearly said that it was supposed to have a tourney, When asked the dude he said "what tournament?" so I left....

Ivoryshadows

Smash Cadet
Five of my friends and I enter the tournament. In round one three of us were eliminated. It was time for the last fight in round one and one of my friends(Lucy) and I did not fight yet so we figured we had to fight one anther. Then It turns out he had to fight someone called Diane. The worker kept calling for Diane and she never showed up, she was disqualified and he won by default. Then the worker announces its the end of round one... And I yell wait I didn't get to fight yet, he ask who the hell am I tell him Dan, he show me the sheet and ask if this is possible my name. MY friend that signed me up spelled my name wrong. He tried spelling Daniel and ended up spelling Diane... So I ended up playing Lucy and lost because I couldn't figure out how to use the num chucks in time, I kept inputting one thing and doing the wrong thing. Then one of my other friends, Jacob, came in second place in the tourney.

Master Fox

Smash Journeyman
I got first place, got that trophy and unofficially got a Nintendo wristband (which belonged to one of the Employees).

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i won, but the rules were gay and they made us wait outside in freaking 20 degree weather. that wasn't cool. and the trophy is weird. i just wish they had turned off melee stages so i could have gotten to see more of the brawl ones.

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
I won two gamestop tournaments. The one that's going on nationally, and a smash 64 tournament that was hosted by my local store. Smash 64 got me a free copy of brawl. No regrets.

Synth

Smash Cadet
Well I would have won, but the guy was fox... I was Link. He got a smash ball and plowed me with his landmaster tank for a KO (the round was 2 minutes) WTF >_< THEN he got lucky and had a golden hammer drop right in front of him so I spent the whole time dodging it back and forth and it never hit me. EVERYONE at the place was like.... OMG how is that NOT hitting him? ...but at the same time... it was just KILLING the time frame beacuse the golden hammers last a lot longer than the regular ones. Then, once that disappeared.... he got another regular hammer drop right next to him... so I yell... YOUVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! ...so after all was said and done I was just about to knock him out to tie it up for sudden death... and chuck a bomb at him like I did with the guy in the previous match... and the **** time limit runs out.

GHEY.

Anybody want an itemless 4 stock match on Wi-Fi?

Oh, BTW... there were like 10 Link's at my tournament and I was the only one that actually was any good with him. Haha. It was really funny to see all the Link faces in teh bracket.

PB&J

Smash Hero
me , mike g, and xio won at different gamestops....and i love the trophy, 5000 dollars here i come..and to the people complaining about the rules..everybody has the same advantage, deal with it

Joeshi

Smash Rookie
I won at my local gamestop too!! I have to go this saturday to round 2 the trophy is funny but i like what it ses.

Cyrahk

Smash Journeyman
I won as well.

My first round was an easy victory.

The second round match was between some kid, and we were both using each other's controllers (neither of us realized). He drove me off the edge once, we figured out what was going on, and then continued with 30 seconds left (the guy made him run his guy off once to even it, and the kid obliged). I then proceeded to dominate him. Later he tried to argue it wasn't fair, and then got his parents to come over. I said I would've fought him in a rematcht, but the tournament mode was set up so they couldn't do it.

Then my third round concluded with a sudden death between me and Pit. I was Pikachu, and dodged an arrow he shot at me immediately into the sudden death. I then proceeded to casually walk under him (we were on battlefield), and he was waiting for me to do something. I did Down B and killed him instantly.

The fourth round was against some guy who was playing as Ike and owning everyone, but I took him down. He wasn't bad, but he hadn't quite mastered recovering against a dodge.

I forget the final match, but it was against Mario I think. I beat him and got that wrestling trophy and a ticket to the next match. I had to sign all these waivers and stuff after that too. Then I got to play a exhibition with some other kid who got gyped out of his spot. He was Link and I beat him too.

Top Bottom