• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winds of Fate: The X Factor (Teen Titans)

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, it's been a week since I said I would post an update...The next Chapter is about halfway done, maybe more.

Ask EP, I'm just not writing much right now. But feel free to talk to me, I could use support. I could use giving others support, too, that might pull me self-esteem up from the nasty wet hole it's in right now...

And for the record, I HAVE beaten Rikku, I'll let you know, many times. I don't care what the he** they call the ship, I named my Tenochtitlan. And then I made two friggin' AWESOME Gummi Ships months after I beat the game and called them the Super Mario and Super Luigi. I used the buffest Blocks around, totaling about 300 blocks per ship, I think. I'll have to go check. Took me some while to make them right. But they came out REALLY nice, and YES, I can transform between them.

Not that it matters. A can blast through the last Gummi Ship Stage as only one of those ships in a short amount of time, disintegrating everything in my path.

Ya know what? I think commanding armies of Pikmin and pulling off moves Enter the Matrix only WISHES it had with Joe might help me feel a little better. But I'm in school right now, so I gotta wait.

See ya.

Dr. Sloth

Smash Lord
In my secret base, in a secret location, plotting
300 blocks per gummi ship?! That's not possible unless you make them look like those Borg cubes from Star Trek. :D

Pikmin is cool, although strange...

And Viewtiful Joe... I want it, but I don't have any money. The Gamecube game I REALLY want to get is Soul Calibur 2.

Yep, DS and I are having some tough times... =/

VeryAngrykirby

Smash Journeyman
ach, 300 gummi ships.... I made mine look like a leviathan from a game called tachyon (not that youd know) Think of a Crab.....

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, yea, I should check that today. I think it's more like 300 blocks between the two of them.

Yes, EP and I are having hard times, blabla...

Viewtiful Joe is frickin' awesome, but Pikmin is a little more addictive at this point. I'm just playing it more because I can save more often. I have things I need to do, and sometimes I just can't play Viewtiful Joe long enough to reach a save spot.

But I'm on Episode 4. I THINK there's 6, but hopefully there's more than that.

Update? Pah. I'm working on it, leave me alone! :cry:

Dr. Sloth

Smash Lord
Don't worry, DS. I can be patient. I understand what you're going through (we've been PMing back and forth) and I won't force you to keep going if you don't want to.

Changed your avator, I see. :love:

Well, i'll stop replying until that update gets here. I'll just wait patiently in the shadows...

Caba

Smash Apprentice
I'm back! I know... no one cares.
It was a tough competition and the competiors were feirce.... two of my horses were elemenated, but Blaze won! I won the sydney open, its on to the Tazmanian finals. This competition is worth.... 100 thousand grand! I hope Blaze crushes anyone fullish enough to challenge. He's on fire!

This is Blaze:

Dosn't he look happy after his big win?

This has been a pointless post.... I sorry for spaming... just wanted to lighten the mood and welcome myself back.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Horse breeding...

According to the NBC show 'Ed' (of course I watch it) horse breeding isn't all it's cracked up to be.

It costs a lot of money, and the chances of winning big aren't always all that great. So good luck.

I care about every post I get.

I almost have Dragon's Tear done for my Q4D! Blue readers, and Chapter 4 is near completion, just so ya know.

Oh, and as for changing my avatar, I'm just not in a Conker mood. Was there a Viewtiful Joe avatar? Nope. So I picked Zelda. 'Cuz what I need right now is knowledge. I've used up my Courage and been repaid with crap as of late. Maybe Knowledge will help. I don't want to have to resort to Power, though...

OH!

Now that I'm at it...

An idea just struck me.

Ya know all thse RPG Clans/Alliances and all that?

I'm thinking of perhaps starting a Titans one. What do ya think? Anyone interested? Of course, well...If I did start one, we'd each have to be a member of the Titans, wouldn't we...?

Which would mean we'd need...

A Robin, a Cyborg, a Starfire, a Beastboy, and a Raven.

? Well, just a thought. If anyone's interested, PM me and all that.

(With each passing day I discover more about what Lacy has done, I lose another ounce of respect for her...Which is very sad, and eating away at me...When half of my friends call her a slu*, that's not a good thing...:( But yet...I still feel like there's some hope. I'm not juyst gonna toss her aside like everyone else...I'm going to try to get her to see her wrongdoings and improve them. ANd if she refuses, well...Then I guess I might not have much of a choice...But that's not really an option for me right now...)

I have now beaten Viewtiful Joe, (8 hours, about 1 for each level) but I am by no means done with the game, I'm happy to say. Hehe...

*sigh*

And adding to all this crap, Crystal's team lost the NY Section 5 semi-finals 4 to 0, and now the whole teams depressed and all that. Whcih kind sucks.

Aaaand...

Oh, right. Just when I was done with Chapter 4 on this, and Chapter 31 on Q4D! White, I lose my friggin' floppy disk, dammit!! :mad: *sigh*

The past two weeks of work, gone, and I haven't even been writing much lately...*sigh*

But Dragon's Tear IS done, and I DID get that saved somewhere else...

I guess I'll just have to recover. Hopefully by the end of this weekend I'll get everything sorted out.

~*~*~*~*~*

OO!! Nevermind! My Intro to Business Teacher found it, bless her soul! I can updayte later!

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
<+--->*<Begin Transmission>*<---+>

<+--->*<Begin Transmission>*<---+>

The Q4D! Saga...

Winds of Fate: Teen Titans- The X Factor

Chapter 4- A Question of Trust

There he sat, his eyes deep and thoughtful, lost in the past. It had been a grand day, no reports of crime...Everything was as it sould be...Or was it?

He wasn't so sure anymore. About anything. All he was sure about was that he could use all the help he could get. And that from this point on, he was part of the team. He wasn't going to make a mistake like that again. Not only had he let them down, but he'd let himself down. What he didn't quite realize, however, was that there were more people there for him than he gave credit to. Thought from a week ago flashed through his mind as he sat in the dark, staring at a piece of metal. It was black, and in the shape of a semi-circle, with the right edge cracked. It had been broken off of that *******s face when it had been slammed by Robin's foot.

As he stared at the cruel reminder of those events, he shuddered.

"<On your mission, I studied your bio-signals. Heartrate raised. Blood pressure elevated. Adrenaline, endorphines...Everything was increased. You may not admit it now, Robin...But you enjoyed stealing for me. It was a thrill, wasn't it?>"

He clenched his teeth and he tried to sort it out. He didn't enjoy serving Slade, he was forced against his will...But maybe part of him DID enjoy it...

"<Robin, you are my best friend...>"

He could perfectly picture her face at that moment, and she was torn apart by his hostility that night. She floated there gracefully, her eyes utterly afraid and bursting with tears. He just couldn't do it. He had to disobey.

"<Starfire, I...>"

But before he could do anything else, Slade sent his devices into action, instantly paralyzing his friends, ready to kill. Faced with the decision to either listen to Slade and attack his friends...Or to watch them die...Robin felt he had no choice.

"<Sorry...>"

He flinched as he remembered blasting her fiercely with that heat ray. His brain screamed with regret and pain. Starfire deserved anything but that. Robin had failed to realize just how much she mattered to him...and how much he mattered to her. His mind flew like a jet to later on. After Slade's plan had been discovered. After his friends had come to help him.

"<Star...? Are you OK...?>"

"<I am sorry, Robin...>"

"<Sorry? You aren't the one who should be sorry at all.>"

"<But I am. For a moment, I...I really thought you had become like Slade. I doubted you, Robin...And for that, I apologize...>"

"<Oh, Star...It's not your fault. I didn't believe in MYSELF...I'M the one that's sorry...>"

All the pain and frustration he had caused them...And what did he do when faced with it all? He RAN. That *******...Why was he doing this? All for an apprentice? <Bullsh**!!> Robin roared to himself. Slade was up to something beyond that...Perhaps it was simply the satisfaction of making the leader of the Titans suffer emotionally, physically, AND mentally. Or maybe it was something more...But WHAT? What was it about the Titans that he sought after so?

And what would he do when he found out about these NEW members...? it suddenly hit Robin. What was he doing, dragging five innocent souls into this mess?! What if something happened to them as dire as what almost did a week ago? He wouldn't be able to live with himself.

All the pieces of paper hanging on the black wall, small devices littering the table he sat at...All of it...What did it matter? Why the he** should he care about Slade?!

<Maybe it's time I stopped worrying about Slade and started worrying about what REALLY matters...>

He went to throw that shattered piece of mask away, but paused. He stared at it for a moment thoughtfully.

<But worrying about my friends means worrying about stopping Slade from hurting them...>

Jolted from his thoughts in the dark, the metal door behind Robin slid open smoothly, shedding a blinding light into the room. It was blinding to him, at least. There she stood, sure enough, her elegant figure equal in beauty to that of her heart.

"Robin..." she murmured sadly, as she stepped into the room.

"Star...?" he mumbled, turning to look at her.

The 'hi-tech' door slammed shut again, and Star slowly approached the table where Robin sat. He could make out her expression from the light that bounced off it behind him. It was concerned and restless. He quickly dropped the mask on the wooden table, letting it rest amongst other objects. It wasn't all dark, there was a small light hanging from the ceiling, which cast a dim glow.

Neither said a word until Starfire reached his side, and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Robin, are you feeling well...?" she asked, sounding a bit nervous.

"Don't worry about me, Star, I'm fine," Robin answered calmly, glancing at her with solemnity.

"I just needed some time alone to think..."

Starfire's face saddened as she realized what was bothering him.

"We have already discussed this, Robin..." she began. "All is forgiven. We know that the reason why you served for Slade was to protect us..."

Robin sighed and let his head drop into his folded arms.

"I know..." he moaned, slightly muffled by his own arms. "But that doesn't change what happened...I've been letting you all down lately...First the Red X, then-"

"Robin," Starfire interrupted. She was not one to interrupt, but she couldn't stand to listen to him put himself down so much.

"There is no changing what has happened...But that does not mean you should feel so bad...We all are to blame, we all have played our part...But what has happened has happened, and could not have happened any other way..."

Robin lifted his head up and stared at her pretty green eyes, and he asked slowly, "What makes you say that...?"

Starfire gave him a half smile. "We are still alive, are we not? And we are still friends..."

(=/[*?*]\=)

"Much better, don't ya think?" Mario asked with a toothy grin, rubbing his upper lip proudly.

"Um...Right," Beastboy mumbled. "You shaved...So what?"

Mario rolled his eyes and sighed. "Do you think I should try and grow a real mustache or just keep shaving it?"

Beastboy shrugged incredulously. "I don't know!" he said with a chuckle. "It's not MY face!"

"I know!" Mario murmured.

"Do whatever you like," Link grumbled, trying to end it.

"OK," Mario responded simply, letting himself sit back down on the couch.

"So, then," he mumbled, cracking his fingers nimbly. "Teach me how do this...uh...What was it again? That really cool thing..."

Cyborg, who was sitting on the coach next to him, laughed. He was gripping a grey device in his hand known as a 'Wavebird.'

"OK, OK...It's called Guard Impacting," he began to explain. "It's a defense technique that throws your opponent off balance just long enough for you to strike them off guard."

"Ohhh," Mario said with a nod. "I see. Yea, that'd be pretty helpful...So, what do I push to do it...?" He stared at his own 'Wavebird' in perplexment. Yet he held it expertly, oddly enough.

"Well, you tap the control stick toward them and press 'B'," Cyborg said quickly, eager for a match.

"OK, OK..." Mario mumbled. "Allright, then let's go at it, shall we?"

Cyborg grinned devlishly. "I thought you'd never ask..."

Mario flicked his thumb around, selecting a character. One in particular caught his eye, and he froze, thoughts flooding into his brain. Images of fairies, Sages, and triangles...

"...What's up with this guy?" Mario demanded calmly, trying to hide his amusement.

"Oh, him?" Cyborg murmured, not paying full attention, glancing at Beastboy's glowing face. He seemed to be itching to play himself.

"That's, uh..."

"Link," Beastboy spat out quickly, without a second thought.

Mario stared at the young man on the screen in disbelief. Link?

It was at that moment that all three of them froze in realization. They stared at the boy on the screen. He had blonde hair, a green tunic, blue eyes...And he grasped a sword with a blue hilt. Not quite the same as the Link they knew, but STILL...

"DUDE!!" Beastboy exclaimed, thrilled.

"No kidding!" Cyborg agreed, grinning. "It looks just like him, man! That's friggin' awesome!"

"SWEET!" BB cried, dashing to get the real Link's attention.

"Dude, Link, man!" he called to the boy, who stared thoughtfully at a painting hanging on the hallway wall, just beyond the living room.

"Huh?" his eyes turned to the green-faced kid.

"You SO have to check this out!"

Link sighed. "What is it now?"

"On our video game, there's this guy that is SO like you! He even has the same NAME as you, man!"

Link blinked in perplexment.

"Um...That's nice," he mumbled, showing no interest, it seemed. Beastboy felt a little disappointed. He thought it was pretty cool. It'd be like him seeing someone who looked like him on some TV show, sharing his same name even.

Shrugging, Beastboy morphed into a chimpanzee and scampered back to the living room. He briskly clambered up the back of the sofa and sat between Mario and Cyborg on the sofa's back.

On the screen, two characters were waging war, fierce slashes and swings flying through the air. It was an entertaining sight.

Cyborg's eyes were bulging with disbelief as he jammed on his controller in frustration.

"What the he**, man?" he murmured in awe as his character fell to the ground at the hands of this odd 'Link' character, whom Mario controlled with the will of his hands.

"You kicked my @$$..." Cyborg mumbled in dismay, shocked. "You sure you've never played before...?" His eyes were wide and wondrous as he glared at Mario incredulously.

"Nope. Never. Don't even know what the NAME is," Mario admitted calmly. "My Link took out your Necrid, dude."

Cyborg nodded, frowning with a competitive fury. "Geez, man...That's WHACKED..." he grumbled, quickly preparing a match.

"I take winner!" Beastboy declared hastily, waving his arms, his normal form regained. He fell off the back of the sofa, only to jump back over it and shove Cyborg to the side, stealthily swiping his video game controller.

"Soul Calibur 2 rocks, doesn't it?" he said slyly, smiling with glee. "And you're about to fall to the hands of the master, baby!"

Mario laughed at his friends confidence. "Bring it," he said smoothly.

"So, Cyborg, who should it be? Kilik? Seung Mia...?"

Cyborg pondered a moment. "Kilik, dude," he answered. "Kilik's pretty cool."

"Yea," BB agreed, pressing a few buttons.

Meanwhile, down the hall, Link's eyes were glued to the walls, observing the various artworks.

What he didn't notice was the figure in the shadows, staring at him nervously. She stood, hiding under her cloak. What was it about this boy that made her feel so different?? She had to figure it out...It was more than his looks...But he WAS handsome, there was no denying...

<Listen to yourself,> she grumbled inwardly. <What's your problem? Stop being such an idiot and say something...It's not that big a deal...> She was doing well in managing her emotions, but she secretly feared deep inside that they'd come back if she DID talk to him. She just...felt drawn to him. Yes, he was handsome, but...He...There was something about him. For some reason, she felt he understood her.

<Come on...Do something before he notices you and freaks out...> she thought to herself nervously. From an outward glance, many thought Raven to be a emotionless drone, but she was anything but. She just needed to keep her emotions under control, or else she'd blow up Titan Tower or something...She felt so out of tone, standing there. Something about him made her feel this way, and she wanted to know what it was.

Creeping along like a serpant of some sort, she slithered over to Link, frozen in her tracks behind him. Quivering a bit, she shakily murmured, "Uhh....Hey, Link..."

Link paused and slowly turned around to face her shy, hidden face with his deep blue eyes.

"Huh...? Oh," he smiled. "Hey, there. Uh...Raven, is it?"

She returned his smile, feeling embarassed as she did so.

"Hey..." she mumbled, trying to regain her calm tone.

Link stared at her for a few moments awkwardly before asking slowly, "So, uh...Yea. Hi. What's up?"

Raven blinked, realizing she'd lost herself for a moment.

"Oh! Uh...Sorry, I got lost in my thoughts, and...Ya know, happens a lot, I meditate sometimes and..." She cleared her throat, feeling stupider by the minute. <Can he see my face? Am I blushing?!>

"You OK...?" Link quizically asked.

"Fine," Raven spat out quietly. "I'm fine. I just wanted to know if we could...I dunno..." She'd gotten back some of her 'Raven-ness.' "Maybe we could hang out...I mean, we're gonna have to get to know eachother...or something like that...aren't we...?"

Link saw right through her mumbles. <She digs me...> For some reason, Link felt perfectly comfortable about it. It happened all the time, he had many a fangirl. Right?...Wait...How did he remember that...? Oh, well. It felt fine with him. The more the merrier. ^_^

"Sure, Rave...Where shall we go...?"

Raven pondered a moment, appearing unexcited- Link knew otherwise.

"How about my room...?" Raven timidly suggested.

"Sounds good," Link answered slyly. "Matter of fact, I need to figure out where MY place is gonna be. I was thinking that spiffy study near yours..."

[=-+-#<*>#-+-=]

"It's just all...Creepy," she whispered slowly, gazing around at the room before her, admiring the streets below. "This place...It feels so much like home...And yet...It feels so different..." Her eyes glinted with a brownish glow as she pondered her situation.

"Are you worried...?" came the innocent voice of the long-haired girl at her side.

"No...I don't think so..." She sighed, shaking her head as her eyeballs shifted to purple. "Maybe I AM worried...I don't know, Tikal..."

"Tenochtitlan," Tikal said solemnly, nudging her friend's shoulder with her skinny arm. "You can talk to me about it..."

"I know," Tenoch muttered. "Because we're friends..."

Tikal smiled, nodding. "Exactly..."

"But WHY are we friends...?" Tenoch whimpered, confused. "I can't remember us talking or anything..."

Tikal's eyes saddened as she noticed Tenoch's blue hue. It was a tell-tale sign she was upset.

"Do you really need to know why?" she whispered calmly and thoughtfully. "Think about it...No, wait..." She pushed back a few bangs from her eyes as she wondered a moment. "Don't think about it...FEEL it..."

Tenochtitlan finally let her blue eyes meet Tikal's, and she sighed slowly, her shoulders sagging.

"...Tikal...I know...I feel our friendship...I know it's there. I just don't understand it. I mean, I just feel so confused..." She bobbed her head, leaning back on the couch tiredly.

Tikal let out a very similar sigh herself, and leaned forward, resting her chin in her palms, her elbows on her thin legs.

"Tenochtitlan, don't be so critical...I mean...Look at Sonic and I. We're...together...But yet I cannot remember us going out...I can't remember us hugging, I can't remember us talking...I don't remember us at all...And yet...I still feel drawn to him. I care about him, and he cares about me. We're romantically attached, but...Perhaps we never were...Perhaps we've never met until the other day..."

Tenoch was slightly lost, but she got the point. It didn't matter right now what she remembered, only that she knew within her heart what was right. The answers would come soon enough, she felt.

{-)!?"<*>"?!(-}

"You think so...?" Beastboy murmured, sounding unsure.

"Positive," responded the other voice. It was a little low, and had a strong sense of justice to it. It sounded comforting, and yet at the same time, it sounded as if its owner was just as confused as the green-faced young man.

The boy's bright emerald eyes deepened in thought as he pondered, grasping the small device close to his ear.

"But...What makes you so sure...?" he muttered skeptically.

"Psh. Listen, B, I can't promise you anything..." A sigh came through the phone's small speaker. "I've been in quite the mess lately myself..." As he said those words, frustration and exhaustion were clear.

Beastboy's eyes sank with sympathy.

"Really?" he mumbled, regretting having brougt the topic up. "...What's up? You...wanna talk about it...?"

The figure on the other side paused, contemplating. "Eh...Nah. I won't waste your time. Just...Listen to me, though, I know the girl."

Beastboy was totally perplexed.

"You DO?" he whispered in disbelief.

"No way..." He furrowed his brows in doubt.

"YES way," answered the voice.

"Really?" the green eyes lit up with excitement. "Well, geez! They're having memory problems and junk, they don't remember where they came from, so maybe-"

"Sorry, I can't..." the voice interrupted, as if expecting that reaction, knowing exactly where it was headed.

Beastboy paused, even more baffled. "...Wha...? Well...Wait, if you know her, then why not...?"

The tone from the other side sighed and explained quickly. "I know her very well, but she doesn't really know me. I can't help, it's not my duty."

"...Dude, WHAT are you talking about?" Beastboy had a slightly frustrated tone and about him.

"Beastboy, just listen. I know exactly how you feel right now." There a sense of longing about the teenage-sounding boy now. "Don't ask why, I just do, OK...? Uh...Call it a 'super power,' if you will, like yours..."

Beastboy grinned. "Sweet! I get it now! You can like, read minds and stuff! Awesome!"

There was a slight chuckle as the boy answered, "Well, yes, it IS awesome, but I can't read every mind. If I could, I wouldn't be in the mess I'm in..."

"Oh...Right...Sure you don't wanna talk?" BB questioned curiously.

"Ugh...Don't worry about it, it's just...It's my problem, and...Yea."

"OK..." Beastboy muttered, a semi-smile on him. "That's cool. I understand."

"But trust me on this, B, she could use somebody like you to help her out. Don't feel afraid to be open with her."

"OK..."

"Good man...Well, uh, if ya don't mind, I'll let ya go. I'd like to talk to one of your other buds, ya know?"

"No prob, big D," Beastboy responded. "We'll hear from ya. Good night!"

"Yep. Good night. Oh, and by the way, you can try all you want to beat that Mario guy, but no matter how fast your reflexes are, you'll still lose..."

*Click!*

Beastboy sat on his bed, baffled. How did he know that Mario had royally whomped everyone's butts in Soul Calibur 2?

<Oh, yea...Mind-reading-super-power-thingy...>

%$&(>*<)&$%

As her emerald eyes stared out into the expanse of the city in longing, she sighed peacefully. It had been a placid day, and she was certainly fine with that.

She was beginning to feel more and more at home here on this planet than she ever imagined before leaving her homeworld.

But there was still one thing she felt very uncertain about indeed. How did relationships differ here than on Sentari...? Her heart coiled in anxiety. She felt so different now than she had when she had first come here...What was she to do about it? Did he notice? Were the ways of earthling relations similar to her own, or radically different? What if she...said something wrong? What if she 'screwed up?' If she wasn't careful, she could lose what she had been trying to build for some while now...

With a heavy sigh, she made a wish. She wished she could speak to that stranger that had called them every once in a while for the past couple of weeks.

Who he was was a complete enigma. He'd called out of nowhere, warning them of their future trials, but not telling them what to expect at the same time. He seemed 'weird' when compared to the average person, and yet Starfire felt she could trust him. Whatever his goal was, he seemed friendly. Maybe soon they would get the opportunity to meet him. How could he know so much about what was going on? And WHY did he know so much...?

She wanted to talk to him, maybe he could help her feel better. She wanted to talk to whom the Titans had referred to as DS. Destiny Smasher. But Starfire was the only of the Titans who knew him by a different name, his real name. Eddy.

And as she pondered what he was doing at that moment, the ringing tone of a phone behind her was clear and present. But, unlike most other times, this ringing did not jolt her or surprise her. It was as if he knew she wanted to talk.

Slowly and peacefully, she reached out her arm to her side to grab the small, red cordless from her nightstand.

Smiling warmly, her emerald eyes glowed softly as she answered.

"Good evening, Edward," she murmured.

"...Oh, uh...Hey, Star. Good evening."

Starfire promptly rested her head back on her fluffy maroon pillow and took a deep breath. She was beginning to enjoy laying in this earthling style more than that of her home. (Apparently, she was raised to sleep with her head hanging off the end of her bed...)

"...So, Edward, wh-"

"Ed, you call me Ed."

"...Right." She felt a little embarassed. She forgot that sometimes a formal name could feel strange in a conversation. "Ed..." She paused, her mind searching, until she found the phrase. She recited it in a very rehearsed way, but DS took it well. "How is it on the flip side? What is up?"

With a sigh, DS mumbled, "Uh, they've been better."

Starfire instantly felt upset. It was instinct for her to feel bad when someone around her was.

"Are you not well? What illness ails you?"

"Um...One that isn't going to be cured for a while..."

"Oh...It is of the emotional sickness, is it not?"

"Yea..." There was regret and pain in his voice, but he cleared it out. "But I'm not here to whine about me. I'm here to help you out."

"Whatever do you mean?" she inquired, confused.

"Ya know...About what's been bugging you. You don't need to explain, I already know..."

Starfire smiled again, blushing.

"Oh..." Her eyes wandered into the city lights dreamily. "You make me wonder how you know these things..."

At first that comment was a tad confusing, but DS answered, "It's just like your energy blasts. Your ability to fly. It's just a talent..."

"I see," Starfire murmured in amusement. "...I wish I had a talent as yours..."

"Psh...No, you don't. You don't need any other talents. Now, forget about that...What's on your mind...?"

Starfire began to feel relaxed and thoughtful as she stared at her ceiling, glowing paint spread across its surface to imitate the night sky.

"Robin..." she whispered with a hint of sadness.

"...Of course," DS agreed. "You're worried."

"Yes..." the red-haired girl responded. "I fear that he does not understand..."

"What?"

Her expression became almost afraid.

"I am worried that he may forget us...That he may forget that we all are here for him."

"He means a lot to you...doesn't he?"

"...Yes..." A tear formed in her right eye. "He is my very best friend...These past days have been rough on Robin, I almost thought I had lost him..." A sniffle could be heard as she looked back at their earlier trials.

"...Starfire, I know exactly how you feel...And I can tell you that things will get better..."

Starfire, although sad, tried to smile- she was at heart, at least.

"I'm not sure about ME, but..." He trailed off in anxiety. "Anyway...When you're around him...You feel different than when you're around the others, don't you?"

Starfire's eyes closed, letting those small teardrops trickle out and slide down her soft cheecks lightly.

"I do...I am afraid of that, as well."

"...Why...?"

"I am scared that these feelings may not be welcome. I fear that perhaps they will only make matters worse..."

"Yea...I understand. I've...had that problem, too, lately...But listen. You guys are best friends. As long as you remember that, everything should work out fine. Do you trust him...?"

"...Yes. I trust Robin with all I have. But...It is myself I do not trust..."

"Exactly..." DS muttered. "You need to remember that as long as you guys are best friends, nothing you say or do could ever make that worse. Who knows? Maybe if you pursue this feeling you have, it could strengthen things."

"Do you beleive so...?"

"I do."

There were a few monments of silence.

"Thank you...Edward."

"It's nothing. Good luck. You're all going to need it. Just...Don't forget that the trust you share with your friends will help get you through everything, OK?"

"...OK..."

"I'll talk to ya later..."

"Good night."

<+--\-<*>-/--+>

End Transmission

+<--/-<*>-\-->+

Caba

Smash Apprentice
Hehe Mario beat eveyone and he was a newbie, it would be nice if people could do that in real life. Link sounds to old, But you got everyones personalitys and dialoge perfect! This was great, my favo update. Can't wait to read more! The raven thing is still creepy. I like the way your updates are so long, I'm a fast reader so things have got to be long to keep me reading longer.

And I know the odds in cross country.... but I trust my horses entirely to win.... Because I have been doing this since I was eight, I'm the best horse trainrer in the region and I have the only two registered Akhal-teke's in Austrialia.

Full name: Shadow Demon
Call name: Shadow
Breed: Arabian
grade: 4
grade 4 wins: 32/45
Other wins: 55/69
cross country credits: 30
Earnings: 430,890 dollars

Full name: Shadow Storm
Call name: Storm
Breed: Akhla-Teke
grade: 2
grade 2 wins: 3/4
Other wins: 4/6
cross country credits: 2
Earnings: 104,310 dollars

Full name: Trail Blazer
Call name: Blaze
Breed: Akhla-Teke
grade: 2
grade 2 wins: 6/6
Other wins: 8/10
cross country credits: 16
Earnings: 282,105 dollars

Full money I've earned competing: 817,305
Impressive for not good odds eh?
I plan to make a life long carrier out of this

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
great update:D. Wow you added yourself here. I rarely see people do that kind of stuff. well these days I have too many problems like on xanga on different ppls sites there are chatterboxes. I go to my friends. and I call myself da_hunter on them but these days someone pretends to be me and says I'm gay and now people think I'm gay and I'm not. Well other problems I won't talk about even though I want to. I'm more like...Raven or something.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Out of all the Titans, I'd say I'm a combination of Robin and Starfire. Which is kinda weird, albeit, but I think that's me.

*sigh*

And no, things have not shown any improvement yet...Maybe with my friendsip with Crystal, but CERTAINLY not my one with Lacy...:( I was supposed to see her today, but she isn't coming to our Halloween Party...She promised she'd call me last night...She did not...I called her instead, only to ask about when we could see eachother so we could sort this out...

Thens he got bitter because we sorta got into talking about how she wants to date 3 guys at once, and flirt with three more while she's at it. And she makes ME out to be the bad guy because I accuse her of lying and deceit, which is what she's doing.

:cry: It just hurts so much when I realize this sort of stuff...But I can't just let go. I feel compelled to keep trying to make her realize that she's making some big mistakes here...And dating the girl? Forget it! She loves Ken, blabla, she's gonna marry him, yaddayadda, but she still thinks I should like her, blabla...Grr...

Well until that girl goes back to the Lacy I knew in August, screw her as far as romance goes. She wants Ken so bad? She can have him. All I want from her now is a friendship, and it's hard to keep that in the air when she keeps hurting me and then making ME out to be the bad person because I make her take responsibility for what she's done...

Yes, I'm not all too happy right now...:skull: :grrr: :freak: :qblock: :qblock: :qblock: :cry: :cry: :dizzy: :cry: :mad:

Oh, and about Raven...Thing is, for al you know she IS like this on teh show. Why? Because you never know what she's thinking, she tries to hide it. And I doubt Raven is emotionless, she just tries to be.

*sigh*

I'm sure as he!! not emotionless...

Anyway...I've gotta go...

Dragon's Tear should be up on Q4D! Blue by day's end, if I'm not too dispondent to get to doing it...

Dr. Sloth

Smash Lord
Hehe, you added yourself into the fic. Swank! ;)

You said you were gonna be Isaac from Golden Sun, right?

DRAGON'S TEEEEEEAR!!! :bee: I'll check it out in the morrow. (that means "tomorrow")

Well, this was certainly a loooong halloween night. I mean, I don't take Halloween that seriously anymore; heck, I even take Columbus Day more seriously. :p

:crazy:

Ack! Aren't you down in the dumps... I can see it in your avator. :rolleyes:

And Caba! Geez, you're RICH! I wish MY family was rolling in that kind of dough...

I mean, we're not POOR. It's just that, well, our income is at an all time low. What makes me REALLY pissed is that ALL MY UNCLES ARE RICH, and WE'RE NOT!!! :mad:

Well, i'm dead tired. I ain't slept good in three f**king days. My head feels so heavy that I feel like I could crush rocks with it.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Then crush rocks with it!

Hmm...

No.

Isaac from Golden Sun...Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about...But...This isn't really him. No, and he's gonna be 'Eddy,' anyway.

That was just a weird random thing I did, and...Well, wait...No...No, it's not, nevermind. OK, I just remembered a good reason as to why I did it, and saying it would ruin plot-stuff.

OK, then.

*sigh*

Yep, Happy Halloween and all that crap...

I sent Lacy a letter, since she didn't come to the party, because she's trying to avoid me.

It basically said that I'm sick and tired of putting up with her crap, and when she decides to grow up, she can call me and we can talk about all this garbage. Until then, our relationship isn't going anywhere.

:O

But...At least Sonic X was good...

Yup, it focused mainly on [Sonic/Amy]. If you visit FF.net, that means a Sonic and Amy romance.

'Course, it only got so deep, it's a Saturday Morning show, but still...It was very sweet. And it's definitley obvious that in Sonic X, Sonic has a much bigger heart than he seems to show in the other shows...

Because Sonic can't swim (if you've played the games, you may noticve he really can't, he can only run around, etc.) when everybody else went to Emerald Coast, Sonic stayed behind. Well, actually, he ran off to some nearby mountains to smell flowers.

No, seriously. Sonic likes to run around a lot, and then take a break, sleep, and smell flowers. It makes no sense, and yet it does somehow.

Amy was upset because she was looking forward to spending time with Sonic on the beach, and started having daydreams, etc. Like Tarts was in Chapter 9 of Q4D! White.

She saw a guy and girl sitting on the shore, on some rocks, and the girl gave her boyfriend a bracelet made of seashells, saying it would bring him good luck, since he was nervous about his swimming skills. Trying to show Sonic how much she cared, Amy made one herself.

"Ohh...That's pretty," said Cream. "Who's that for...?"

":eek: Nobody..."

":) You made that for Sonic, didn't you?"

And when Eggman attacked (of course) Sonic was forced to the beach, where he was caught and almost drowned. :D And Amy saved him.

And then Amy went to give the bracelet to him, and it was really touching and romantic (leave me alone!) and Sonic seemed awestruck.

And then a another big robot came after Sonic killed the first one, and it was REALLY BIG. It broke the bracelet Amy made. And Amy smashed it to pieces, much to everyone's amazement. And then she beat the crap out of Eggman. Aaaand...Then she almosyt drowned, and Sonic jumped in the water to save her...Only, well, he couldn't swim. *sweatdrop* So Tails in his spiffy cool new plane saved them both, I'm pretty sure.

And whem Amy woke up, Sonic was gone. And, well, she got really upset and started crying, etc...

But up on some mountain ledge (or somewhere like that) Sonic stood thoughtfully, staring into the skies, wearing the mended bracelet (which he most likely fixed himself) on his arm.

*sigh*

:rolleyes:

Oh...Hehe...Sorry 'bout that, but it actually made me feel good...

Hm...Yes...Just like Kirby, I need to incorporate some elements of Sonic X in my fic...Yea...

Oh, well, uh...I'm gonna go add Chapter 31 to Q4D! White, so...See ya.

VeryAngrykirby

Smash Journeyman
Good Updateh DS! I need to learn how to make dialog filled chapters as well, or Ill run outta ideas! Let's see....

*goes to read DS's original Q4d*

Im already at page 30!

Dr. Sloth

Smash Lord
Chapter 30, eh? You're a fast reader VAK. :D

Still didn't get a decent night's sleep. My headache is killing me!! :crazy:

And school's tomorrow too... I hope I don't fall asleep during class...

Well, I digress...

Well, DS, you've officialy slowed your Updating speed to "EvilPichu" level (about 1 update per week). ;)

God dammit. I wish I could have watched Sonic X from the beginning. Oh well...

Well, i'm off to Tera Bay! (it's the the name of the town I created in Animal Crossing; I bought the game a year ago and i've been playing it every day since!!)

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dude, EP, you CAN still watch Sonic X, nimwit! :p It's not like you'll have no clue what's going on! I could explain anything important you need to know in a paragraph!

Eggman had a big, bad, machine thingy and all the Chaos Emeralds, so, naturally, Sonic went to stop him. The machine blerw up, the Chaos Radiation caused an explosion, sucking everyone around into a big ol' Chaos Control, plopping them all into who knows where. They found eachother, or at least some of them (no sign yet of Big or Rouge, he!! knows where they are right now...) and met a boy named Chris.

Chris is just like any other kid, except he lives in a mansion, his parents are famous and are always at work, he has a butler who's good at martial arts, he has a huge nanny lady who's kinda scary, and his grandpa is by far the coolest human on the show. Tails and Gramps work together on projects, of course, and Tails is certainly a mechanical prodigy.

Oh, yea, and Eggman, along with his tower and his robots, were all sent to a nearby island, no Eggman naturally attacks the city every episode. Ya know, sorta like...Team Rocket, or Gantu, or King Dedede, or whoever...Right. ^_^

Using the only Chaos Emerald they've found, (the green one) Tails and Gramps redesigned the Tornado into a spiffy jet type deal that can use the radtiation from the Emeralds properly. They named in the Tornado X, of course.

Aaaaand...Well, Knuckles? No idea where he is right now, doin' his own thing. As far as other characters like Chaos or Tikal, I have no clue as of right now, and I'm not going to hold my breath. But I have seen shots of Shadow, he's even in the intro for a sec, so I know he'll show up sooner or later. His role, however, is totally a blank as of now.

Ahem.

No, EP, I have NOT dropped to your level. I only update once a week, but I have THREE FICS to update, therefore, I still write more than you. :p I've just had block lately.

And yes, its core lies with the issues surrounding both Lacy and Crystal, by golly those two need to start being more open and honest. Although my situations with the two of them are similar, they're different, too. I'm upset with Lacy because she's being a jerk, and I WANTED to go out with her, and now I don't because now I know how much of a slu* she can be, sadly. :( Crystal? Meh, well, I don't really know. Hopefully it's nothing serious, but something is up with her, I know it. We need to talk.

Well, uh, I'll see ya all later.

VeryAngrykirby

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Destiny Smasher
Dude, EP, you CAN still watch Sonic X, nimwit! :p It's not like you'll have no clue what's going on! I could explain anything important you need to know in a paragraph!

Yeah he's got a point there.....

Eggman had a big, bad, machine thingy and all the Chaos Emeralds, so, naturally, Sonic went to stop him. The machine blerw up, the Chaos Radiation caused an explosion, sucking everyone around into a big ol' Chaos Control, plopping them all into who knows where.
Detailed accuracy
They found eachother, or at least some of them (no sign yet of Big or Rouge, he!! knows where they are right now...) and met a boy named Chris.
*laughs evilly at the messsage in the parenthesis*
Chris is just like any other kid, except he lives in a mansion, his parents are famous and are always at work, he has a butler who's good at martial arts, he has a huge nanny lady who's kinda scary, and his grandpa is by far the coolest human on the show. Tails and Gramps work together on projects, of course, and Tails is certainly a mechanical prodigy.
I think I missed the episode about martial artist butler....I HAVE heard of the butler though....
nanny= your mom in real life....
Gramps the coolest? what about the racer? even If he was only is 2 episodes....

Oh, yea, and Eggman, along with his tower and his robots, were all sent to a nearby island, no Eggman naturally attacks the city every episode. Ya know, sorta like...Team Rocket, or Gantu, or King Dedede, or whoever...Right. ^_^
Why not say 'for example, Team rocket' saves a lot of thinking time....

Using the only Chaos Emerald they've found, (the green one) Tails and Gramps redesigned the Tornado into a spiffy jet type deal that can use the radtiation from the Emeralds properly. They named in the Tornado X, of course.
Now that I think of it, shouldn't Tails STILL have the Tornado X in the game...?

Aaaaand...Well, Knuckles? No idea where he is right now, doin' his own thing. As far as other characters like Chaos or Tikal, I have no clue as of right now, and I'm not going to hold my breath.
High chance.... 2nd season....
But I have seen shots of Shadow, he's even in the intro for a sec, so I know he'll show up sooner or later. His role, however, is totally a blank as of now.
I sure as He!! hope he gets in soon....

Well, uh, I'll see ya all later. (:p)

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
*blinkblink*

Why is it when I write a summary of a Saturday Morning toon I get a semi-specific play-by-play, but when I write an update I get 'nice going'?

The RACER?! You mean, Chris's UNCLE? (Yes, its his uncle, and the butler has been in many episodes. He never USES his martial arts, but he claims to know them) BLECH!!:o I hate Chris's uncle! He's...well...I personally think he's a prick!

OOOh, look at me! I'm all fast and crap, and when Sonic beats me I have a hissy fit! I'm the fastes guy around, blablabla, I'm better than everybody else.

Psh. Sorry, Gramps is so much cooler...

'I don't need a NAP!'

'Don't you think you're too old to be playing children's games?'

'PAH! I'll play ring around the rosey if I want to!'

He's always tagging along with Chris like a kid. :p

Anyway, enough of that...

Um...I am almost nowhere in Chapter 5 of this, I'm working more on Q4D! White...

Well, uh...Err...

*sigh*

What's the point in raising my self esteem back up again, and feeling good again, if just as I do I get knocked down?! :( Goddammit, why does that girl keep lying to me?! She KNOWS I hate it when people lie to me, THAT'S probably why she's doing it...:mad: It's not my fault she's being a prick and wanting to go out with 3 guys at a time... :grrr: And still, everytime I open my doors to let her back in, with reluctance, in a way, she slams the door in my face. Then she can pis* off right now, she obviously doesn't care about me, no matter how much I care about her...:cry:

I'll see you all later, I guess...

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Um...

Well, no replies, eh?

I'm still struggling, but I have about half or so of Chapter 5 for ya...

<-{--[*<Begin Transmission>*]--}->

The Q4D! Saga...

Winds of Fate: Teen Titans- The X Factor

Chapter 5- The Connection

Shadows danced on the walls, haunting him in the night. He tossed, he turned, but sleep did not come to him. Visions from the pasy kept him awake.

Their battle with the Whomping Willow, meeting these strangers for the first time. Their first day as a new team. And then older memories came back to him, and he reflected on the past month of his life. Their battles with those creeps, 'The Hive.' And more and more surged back, all at once it seemed.

"<Jerk.>" "<Loser.>" "<WHAT'D YOU SAY?!>" "<You got a problem, tin man?!>" "<Yea, and it smells like cheap hair gel!!>"

"<...Are we cool...?>" "<Frosty...>"

"<Earth is full of many amazing things...>" "<Yea. Best planet I'VE ever been to...>"

"<Dude...You can't be the good guys...WE'RE the good guys...>"

"<Patience, Robin...Patience...>"

"<She is good at all the games, she knows many depressing poems, she knows all the 'cool moves', and she knows when people are not talking about shovels...>"

"<Um...This isn't my thing, but...We just beat Slade...Shouldn't we...Celebrate...or something...?>"

"<Get that cane!!>"

"<Someone has disposed of all our blue, furry food...>"

"<Must have been sent by one of our many admirers...>"

"<And I am SO digging the cape. It's lucious!>" "<It's made of a polymer titanium alloy- ten times stronger than steel...>"

"<Remember that thing that attacked Star? It had friends...>"

"<Beastboy's powers are crucial if this mission is gonna succeed.>"

"<Cy! Pick up, CY!...Rrr...Dude, I know you're there, Cyborg, the phone's built into your ARM!>"

"<I repspect your choice not to eat meat...Please respect my choice not to eat FAKE meat...>"

"<You're in MY world now, my duckies!>"

"<I'm fine, get X!...*zort* I'm fine, get X!>"

"<Robin, you are my best friend...>"

"<Oh, Star...It's not your fault. I didn't believe in MYSELF...I'M the one that's sorry...>"

Staring off into the mignight city, Robin sucked in a deep breath. Things had been crazy. But in the end, the satisfaction of knowing the they'd saved at least ONE life...That was all worth it.

#$%^-(+*+)-^%$#

As the rays of morning pierced through his window, he smiled and welcomed their rays lovingly. The smell of tea filled his nose, and the crisp morning air that flowed warmly through the windows joined it to soothe his lungs even more. His sparkling blue eyes gazed around the room in comfort, absorbing the images around him. He would miss this sight soon enough...He was going on a vacation.

As he sat at the plain wooden table leisurely, his arms folded over the back of his neck, he glanced at his brother. His eyes were alert and awake, scanning his newspaper hungrily. While his eyes, identical to his brothers, stayed glued to the newspaper, his free hand grasped his tea firmly, raising it up for a sip every now and then.

It was a quaint house, with nothing extravagant. A stove, a table, some chairs, a small chalkboard. Then there was the bedroom. It had a bunkbed, with a red blanket on the top, and a green one on the bottom. Two dressers, a lamp...And a small panel in the floor that led to their basement when opened. They didn't need a TV or a radio, if they wanted excitement, they could find it outside in minutes. But it was morning, not time for fun just yet.

"Yep..." the paper-reading brother began slowly. "It's in the paper..."

"You surprised?" the first brother murmured, still half asleep.

"Well, no, but..." the seconds trailed off. "Did you think you were gonna win, Mario?"

The first brother, a semi-pudgy man with a thick black mustache and a trademark hat, grinned and scratched through his facial hair. He was clad in a red t-shirt and blue overalls. His right foot did the same to his left foot, and both were in socks.

"Meh..." he started reluctantly. "I dunno...I guess...I just fought and won, that's all. Doesn't matter much, everybody gets their victories."

"True, true," Luigi, the second brother, muttered with a nod. "But you really wanted to win this last time, didn't you?" His eyes stayed stuck to the paper as he spoke.

"Yea," Mario admitted with a smirk. "It's been quite some time since I won, ya know?"

"Oh, yea," Luigi agreed.

"Anything else in there besides the Melee Tournament?" Mario inquired thoughtfully.

Luigi blinked, his eyes removing themselves from it and to Mario. He blinked, sipped some tea, and responded, "Not really. Just the usual. Ya know, th-"

Just then, cutting into their conversation, a familar voice bellowed out merrily, "MAIL CALL!!" A *clunk* could be heard as their mailbox was slammed shut, and the flapping of wings could barely be heard.

"Oh, I'll get it," Luigi declared, hopping out of his seat and dashing for the door.

Mario yawned, stretched, and almost fell out of his wooden chair.

He caught himself, and pulled himself upright again, his eyes snapping alive. It'd been a long night, indeed. His hat was crooked as Luigi came in, grasping a stack of letters.

He was sifting through them with care, not even noticing his sibling, seeing which ones were for which brother, and who had sent them.

"You got three, Mario," he announced calmly, tossing the triplet of packaged papers before his sibling. He had two for himself, and eagerly sat down to start reading them, slurping from his tea yet again as he did so.

Without even looking at the letters, Mario stared up at the ceiling, concentrating hard...

"...Goombario, Bombette..." he mumbled.

"Hm?" Luigi murmured, not even looking up.

"Malon..." Mario's eyes squinted as he tried for the last one.

"Aaand...Our neice..." he finished, satisfied. "And you," he added, glancing at his brother, "Got one from Miles and another from Daisy..."

Luigi blinked at him, puzzled as to what on Stellon he was getting at, and shrugged it off, mumbling, "Yea..." and returning to his reading.

Mario sighed, rolled his eyes, and took to reading his documents, tearing apart the first envelope calmly. He was testing his vision...And it was correct, he was sure. If only he could tap deeper into its powers, maybe he could do other things, too...

"Dear Mario," began the first letter in a sort of sloppy writing.

"What's up? I watched the tournament last night on our new TV, you ROCKED, man! My Goompa says that he could teach you a thing or two, but that you weren't bad."

Mario chuckled to himself as he thought about the old coot of a Goomba.

"Anyway, the Dojo Master is teaching me and some other guys how to write. It's not easy when you don't have hands, but we can still do it, right? Anyway, I'm glad you won, I know you've been waiting a long time and training real hard. I've been training, too. Maybe sometime soon we can get the gang back together again, huh? Oh! By the way, Bombette's with me right now, she wants to write to you, but...She's still having trouble getting the hang of it, so I'll do it for her, OK? See ya!

~ Goombario"

Mario smiled as he remembered all those guys that he had befriended back then. They still hung out once in a while...But it HAD been a long time, hadn't it?

"Dear Mario,

How are you? I hope you're doing well, I'm trying my best. But it's been hard...I'm still looking for a home for myself. I can't live in Koopa Village forever. But Goombario's family is being very nice and letting me stay with them for a while. I'm thankful. ^_^ I just wanted to tell you that I miss you a lot, and I hope we can see eachother soon. When my writing is better, I'll write you myself, OK? Byes!" A heart was drawn, and after it the name, 'Bombette', in an even messier style of writing.

Mario placed the letter down on the table gently, an idea brewing in his head. He was going on a vacation. Not with Peach, no...He was saving that for later...A better time...Now was not a good time...But if he could gather his old pals, that would be pretty fun...

The next letter was made of a pink paper that had some texture to it, and the writing was soft and warm.

"Dear Mr. Mario,

Did you have fun last time you came down? We appreciate you coming in to help the Cuccos, I know it's sort of annoying." <No kidding,> Mario thought to himself. But he stil had fun, even IF one of them whizzed on his overalls. "I think the party went well. Can you BELIEVE it?! I'm 18! It feels kind of weird saying it, but it's true! ^_^ My father says he can't wait to start up business in Toad Town, and I get to do it for him. I'll be selling Lon Lon goods around to all those people. ^_^ I'm so excited! I've never really been to your home before, at least not for long. Will you give me a tour when I get there? Please? Do you think the townsfolk will be spooked if I bring Epona with me? I hope not, she's a nice horse once she trusts you...Anyway, we wanted to thank you for helping us with our new dog. We're not used to Chomps, but they can be really helpful once you can tame them, can't they? OH! Well, I don't have much else to do, but I'm sure you're a busy man, so I'll let you go now. Thank you for reading, I can't wait to see you guys!

~ ^_^ Malon"

Mario cracked yet another caring grin. Malon was a real sweet girl, wasn't she? Raising animals could be hard, but she was excellent at it. She could probably be a good vet, now that he thought of it. He had a funny feeling she'd love visiting Toad Town, and he'd be happy to show her around.

Then his eyes met the last envelope. He knew who it was from, and he knew that its writer was in frustration.

He carefully tore it open to reveal the sparkling silver paper that he slipped out. It was smooth and shiny, and the writing on it was a dark black. It was from his neice, Crystal. Of course, she wasn't REALLY his neice, but...well...She looked at him as her uncle, which was fine by him.

"Dear Uncle Mario,

Way to go on winning the last Melee tournament, Uncle. You really showed them, didn't you? ^_^ I watched the whole thing on TV with my friends, it was pretty cool. By the way, you haven't seen Luna lately, have you? She just sorta disappeared, and nobody knows where she went...We're worried about her.

My father says that you should come up here to Star Haven real soon, it's been a long time...Actually, I really wish you came, too, I really miss you. COuld you please take me OUT OF HERE?! Geno never lets me leave alone, but I asked him, and he said that if you supervised me, it would be allright. Just between us, I'm really mad, though. Dad's been so...controlling lately! I'm surprised he lets me BREATH without needing permission!! >:( I just want to break free from it, you know?

So what if I'm a Dragoshi? That doesn't mean I should be locked up my whole life, does it? I'm just so frustrated...>:( I mean, I'm 17 years old now, and he STILL doesn't believe in me...What should I do? How can I prove to him that I'm ready? Well, I'll see you soon, please write back when you can, or better yet, come up and see us!

Crystal"

Mario sighed deeply, nodding to himself. He knew exactly what was going on, and he was afraid of what was going to happen with his neice. She was a very unpredictable young woman, but...All the same, she was right. If she believed in her heart that she was ready to be free, then...Geno had to put more faith in her.

Doubtful about what to do about it, Mario slowly got up from the table, scooping his letters. He paced to his bedroom and placed them on his dresser with care next to some stationary he would later use to write back. As he entered the kitchen again, Luigi was hard at work jotting back to his own letters.

One had been short and simple, one sent from E. Gadd, a goofy inventor growing in fame.

"Luigi, my boy,

How goes things these days? Just wanted to send you a quick note, chap. I'm working on my newest creations, but I believe I need a few words from you. My only problem is the financial issues. If only I had enough to start things going, I'm sure I could make quite a bit to build myself a full fledged laboratory...Anyway, just wanted to poke in and ask that we arrange an appointment soon, I've improved my gasoline and dandelions soup, you should try it. Until then, lad!

E. Gadd"

The other was from another good friend of Luigi, someone who looked up to him a lot.

"Dear Luigi,

What's up? Things are goin' great here! I'm working on redesigning the Tornado, and I have some really great ideas, you need to come take a look. Other than that, nothing real big has been going on. Just the usual, I guess. Definitely no problems from Eggman...I'm starting to wonder if maybe he really did change his ways...Even Sonic isn't so sure...He did help us save Mobius before. Do you think he only did that because he still wants to control it? I dunno, but at least he's not being a problem, and that's ALWAYS a good thing. I've gotta go, Amy's screwing around with my workshop, who KNOWS what she'll mess up. See ya, Luigi, I'll stop by sometime and show you the Tornado X when it's done!

Miles Prower"

As Luigi's pen scribble replies on his parchment, he looked up to Mario and asked curiously, "So when are you goin'?"

Mario shrugged and mumbled, "I dunno. Probably pretty soon. But...First, how about we gather some buddies and play some tennis before I head off?" He grinned slyly at his brother, who returned the smile.

*_+-(^)-+_*

Darkness enveloped the visions echoing from the past, his memories of time past clear. But why? Where were these visions coming from? Was this HIM he saw in the past? Why, then, was he...older?

It made no sense!

His groggy eyes tried to see around him as his eager mind forced his body to wake up. He tossed his sheets off of himself and flung his exhausted body out of bed, landing on his rear on the cold floor. He needed carpets...As he slowly got up drowsily, his strange dream plaguing him, he scratched his nose lazily- only to discover that hair was already forming there once again. He paused in thought a moment, remembering the definite mustache on this character he had seen...This character he had BEEN, rather, in his dream...Or memory...WHATEVER it was.

So many pieces of the puzzle, but none of them fit together just yet...

With a heavy sigh, Mario paced to the wall of his room that was a huge window and glared up at teh night sky, feeling at one with the stars as he did so.

(+*]-!-[*+)

The blowing sands bit at her innocent blue eyes, stinging them like needles. Her palms still burned from the day before in her attempts to free Chaos from that maniacal creature...She almost died, he would've killed her, too...What had he done to her? He'd...sucked out a part of her...It felt so much like parts of her were missing...She was still HER, but...Not entirely. It was so strange...And the feeling did not settle well in her heart OR her mind.

As she glanced down at her blistered, peach-colored hands, she winced as she remembered all the pain that had surged into her that evening...Not just her pain, but the pain of hundreds. He'd destroyed Station Square, and in the process destroyed many lives, as well as Angel Island. Such an act, she felt, was unforgivable. But was violence really how to settle things...?

As her frightened eyes looked up at the strong blue figure to her side, she felt some relief. No matter what, just looking at him made her feel better. That determined look in his emerald eyes...Sometimes it glowed even more fiercely than the Master Emerald itself- to her, at least. Already very close to him, riding side by side on this odd yellow ostrich of sorts, Tikal swallowed, her throat dry, and pressed her body against his, tears running down her face. A few quills of pale orange dangled over her face, and as the blue hedgehog beside her looked down, he saddened.

In a manner almost unlike him, Sonic genlty brushed the soft 'hair' from in front of her eyes. He placed his fingers on her chin, and slowly raised it until she stared back at him.

"Tikal..." he murmured sympathetically. "It's allright...Everything's gonna be OK..."

She sniffled, and whispered back, "How do you know...?"

Sonic closed his eyes for a second and took a deep breath.

"I just do...It doesn't matter HOW I know...But everything will be OK..."

After a moment's thought, Tikal shakily replied.

"I know..." She swallowed again, parched from this dessert, her voice a bit dry itself. "But...That doesn't change what happened...He killed them...All those Chao...All those people...My home...And he took Chaos Zero...What are we to do...?"

Sonic's head bobbed slightly, and his eyes wandered a bit as he mumbled, "We'll do whatever we do. Whatever out hearts tell us to do. That's how I've lived my whole life, and everything's worked out so far, right? What do you always say?"

Tikal's eyelids drooped a little more after he said that, and a small smile cracked.

"It's always darkest before dawn..." she whispered, trembling.

"Exactly..." Sonic agreed.

As the two of them leaned on eachother for support, both emotionally and physically, Tikal reached her tired arm out and grabbed Sonic's hand within her own. She squeezed with all her might at the moment, which wasn't much.

<<<(((*)))>>>

Her eyes slowly opened as she lay there in her bed, her pale orange strands of hair all over the place. Her blanket had been tossed off her, and she was very sweaty. Her throat was dry, and she coughed a bit, feeling very thirsty. She sat up, slightly dazed, and rubbed her forehead. Gazing around, she realized where she was. Titan Tower. Yes, of course.

But, then...Where had she JUST BEEN? A dream.

Why did it feel so real? Like a memory, a clear and present memory...

Confused, she instantly raised her palm up to her face. No blisters, no burns...They were fine...

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Great update:D. Mario's "dream" is strange becuz I don't know how he remembers something if he wa older than the present.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Um...:eek: Yea, that was SUPPOSED to be confusing, and...

Well, i COULD go in depth and explain, but that would obviously ruin stuff, so istead I shall laugh at you.

BAHAHA!! :D

OK, I'm done.

Now I shall tell you all that despite my dilemmas, I have the rest of Chapter 5 done, and it will be up later today. (Hopefully.)

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh yes. This story has EVERYTHING to do with Q4D! because it's a PART of Q4D!

That doesn't mean you have to read Q4D! to get it, but a lot of things I put in won't be fully appreciated unless you do.

As a matter of fact, most of this Chapter is excerpts from Q4D!

*shrug*

Sorry I couldn't post up the rest of 5 yesterday. Let's see how today holds up...

Dr. Sloth

Smash Lord
So, Smasher of Destiny, adding a few twists into the mix? Ahh, that's okay, I love a good challenge.

It's like finding even MORE pieces to an already complex puzzle, which means that the puzzle will take slightly longer to solve.

Of course, there are those "mysterious" puzzle pieces that don't seem to fit ANYWHERE, until you throw us a few more pieces. ;)

Now THAT, my friend, is what makes a story suspenseful and addictive.

*groan* Stupid fever. I had to stay home from school today (again) it was so bad. :confused:

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
*sweatdrop*

Oops, I got so caught up in watching trailers for Superstar Saga, Double Dash, and Goin' Commando that I forgot to update.

But I'll tell you what, all those games look better than ever, though the graphics look like crap because of the video quality. Even so, Superstar Saga's fluid graphics look great, so I can rest assured it will look lush and grand, PLUS it DEFINITELY has to have good gameplay.

Um...Anyway, I'll try again today...

www.gametrailers.com

GOOD SITE FOR BURNING TIME!!

Anyway, EP, here's the real question.

Am I someone who smashes the ideals of Fate, or do I smash FOR the ideals of Fate?

Dr. Sloth

Smash Lord
Well, that's up to YOU to decide.

Are you a smasher OF destiny?

Or a smasher FOR destiny?

Good. Evil. We all have the capacity for both.

Although many believe that the side of Light is stronger than the force of Darkness, I don't believe this is true.

After all, Light cannot exist without Darkness. The stronger the Light, the bigger your Shadow grows.

But in the end, all that matters is...

What side are YOU on? :demon:

You've kinda explained that to us in your story, DS, in one way or another. ;)

Oh, by the way, your Teen Titans update over at FF.net came out a little wierd. Robin's "flashbacks" at the beginning of the chapter are missing! =/

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dude, that's just messed up...

Hm. Well, I don't have my floppy on me to correct the problem, and neither can I update, so...You guy's have to either read the screwy version at FF.net (more than the beginning is messed up) or wait a couple days.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
That would be because at the time, what you said made no sense. Orbits? I just did not get what you were getting at, because it didn't have anything to do with the idea...

And if I ever said you had issues, that's probably because I say that to a lot of people when they act weird. What? Did I say I DIDN'T have issues? Bah. Of course I do.

I don't mean to be discouraging, but I've felt discouraged myself lately due to other people.

Anyway, here's hopin' that the rest of 5 will be up later...And when I said 'Dude, that's messed up,' I was talking about my fic. :rolleyes: It shouldn't have all of Robin's memories missing for no reason, and yet a couple are still there...How odd...

Joyous day! Supstar Saga comes out today! But when will I be able to get it? Hm.

~*~*~*

OK, here's the rest!

~*~*~*

*>>>)))(((<<<*

Those eyes...They were identical in color and radiance as his own. As he stared at them in perplexment, they clearly seemed worried. She felt so awkward, standing there, looking at him...

It had been such a long day, and neither of them had spoken to each other the whole time. And here they stood, the sun setting off in the horizon, the legions of 'warriors' around them bustling.

The spiky-headed teen that stood before the nervous girl blinked quickly, expecting a response by now. Realizing that maybe trying to speak in a crowd of people was making Amy very uncomfortable, he cleared his throat and said loudly, fighting through the noise, "Why don't we go out there for a sec?"

Amy's eyes jumped awake again, and she nodded, her cheeks slightly changing to a pink. Sonic grinned cockily and grabbed her hand, and within the next couple of seconds, all Amy could see was a blur of colors, until it was all a reddish gold, air rushing across her body.

It all came to an abrupt stop, and she felt herself continue to fall, only to be caught nimbly by Sonic's firm grip and placed upright again.

"So," Sonic began, starting to feel nervous himself from the look in her eyes. "What did ya need...?" his voice squeaked slightly at the end.

Amy giggled quietly at him as she reached out her delicate arm. Her fist was balled up tightly, holding something.

"Um..." she murmured. "Back at Star Haven...I-I made this..."

Her hand opened up to reveal a bracelet. It was fairly simple. A black string that ran through some seashells, as well as something else. It was a small shard of glittering, glowing rock. A mesmerizing shade of yellow, it seemed to be a piece of a fallen star.

"...I-I thought that m-maybe you should have it..." Amy tried to speak clearly, her face red. "I-It'll bring you good luck, and..." she trailed off, trembling.

Sonic's eyes were wide and wondrous as he stared at it, and Amy's face winced with worry. What if he didn't like it? What if he just huffed and grumbled about how annoying she was like he usually did...?

Sonic's face was solemn and almost serious. Those eyes shifted up to Amy, and she felt herself freeze. But then, to her surprise, a smile crawled across it. A very warm smile.

"Amy...I'll wear it proudly..." he told her softly. "Thank you..."

Amy's face lit up with glee and she let out a squeal. Diving at Sonic in joy, she wrapped her arms around him delicately, leaning her head on his shoulder. Sonic, at first, was taken aback, but accepted the hug gratefully. At least he had made someone happy...Right now, he felt as if everything he was doing was wrong. He'd failed all those people back on Mobius...At for that one moment, it didn't matter.

Knowing Amy wouldn't let go of her own accord, Sonic eased her away a bit, and she let herself off. Her eyes watery, Amy gently held Sonic's right arm and slipped the bracelet she'd made. After it had been placed on, she tightened it so that it wouldn't fall off his relatively skinny arm.

"There..." she mumbled. "It looks good on you..."

Sonic flipped the shells around to examine the mother of pearl on its underside. Beautiful.

"I think it looks great..." he admitted, smiling.

"Thank you..." Amy muttered, backing away a bit to give him his space. She sifted her soft quills back from her cheeks as she did so. For second, Sonic wished she hadn't moved away, but he cleared it away.

For a moment or two, they blinked at each other warmly, yet that awkwardness hung in the air.

<I just put your hands all over him!!> Amy scolded herself. <I might as well have yanked his tail and...Come to think of it, why DIDN'T I?!>

Sonic was too busy admiring his newly acquired accessory to notice Amy's red cheeks. Dirty thoughts, dirty thoughts, Amy scolded herself, again.

<Anyway, I know he likes Tikal...What was I THINKING? This is crazy...> Amy's worried look became an embarrassed smile. <But Sonic makes me do crazy things...> Her smiled grew wider and her blush even redder, the dim light from the sun's almost full vacancy making it harder to tell.

"HEY, GUYS!!"

They both jumped and glared at the caller, who was waving his arms, dashing toward them.

"You're gonna freeze out here!" It was a small, red creature. He was about half as tall as Sonic, had a lizard-like appearance, and stood on two legs. His eyes were a sparkling blue, and at the tip of his tail glowed a brilliant flame, like a huge candle.

"Oh," he paused, a drop of sweat trickling down the back of his neck. "Um...Am I interrupting something...?"

Sonic paused, his eyes wandering, and Amy blurted out, "No! No...We're fine..."

"Oh..." The creature, a Charmander, smiled slyly at her. "If you say so..." He knew that expression all too well from his friend Falco. He knew EXACTLY what that expression meant.

"Freeze?" Sonic muttered, confused. "Torch, we're out in the middle of the damm dessert!"

"Well, YEA!" Torch grumbled back, rolling his eyes. He pointed to the almost set sun.

Sonic's eyes widened. "OH!"

Amy was clueless. "What is it?" she whispered fearfully. "What's wrong...?"

Sonic tossed his arms carelessly. "No prob. It's just that desserts get really cold at night...Did we figure out the fire yet?"

Torch nodded confidently. "Oh, yea. Everything's fine. Now we just need to figure out how we're gonna sleep...All...What? Fifty of us?"

"More than that," Sonic replied with a smirk. "But we sure as **** showed that over-sized earthworm and his little buddies, didn't we?"

<~-+"[?]"+-~>

A snoring escaped his throat as he lay there, sound asleep. His spiky blue hair was a little messy, though. He was sprawled on his back, and some drool dripped out of his mouth. His bedroom was even more empty than the other newcomers, because he only used it for sleeping. he had to be all over the place. SO all he really had was a bed and a dresser. Sonic would much rather dart from room to room in Titan Tower than settle in his own room. After all, it was a bedroom. To him, all in needed was a bed, right?

Sleeping only in a pair of boxers, his bright blue blanket was laid upon him loosely. His right up poked out from under it and was wrapped around his head in an odd fashion. And strapped around his right arm was a beautiful necklace made of seashells and a glittering star piece.

[-=-{+-:?:-+}-=-]

"...??..Wire Frames....??" she murmured in fright and despair as she gazed down at the city below, watching hordes

The anthro-leoperd was standing next to her solemnly, her arms crossed over her chest.

"We have to leave. They're coming to take you, and I don't know what they'll do...." she growled seriously.

Tenoch turned to this beast swiftly.

"Where are you from? How did you get here? What is your purp-"

She was frozen by the cat's amber eyes, and she seemed to understand it all by using HER eyes. Yes, it was clear...

She was sent here by a huge, furry, white dragon with a small team to rescue the monkey and a few of the others. It was her mission to make sure they didn't their hands on the 'queen' of Monkey City.

".....??" She stared harder, trying to learn more, but was swiped up off the ground and onto the leopard’s shoulder.

"??!!! HEY!! What are you doing?!" she shrieked in surprise.

"I'm getting you out of here!" Shina replied to the struggling ape girl.

"But..!! I can't leave! My people...!! They...We have to help them!" Tenochtitlan screamed, kicking.

"No time..." Shina replied coldly in a gruff snarl.

Tenoch was stupefied. Why was there an army attacking her city again? And she remembered- The Metal Bros......They had come back, she knew...But why? What did they want with her? She didn't have time to ponder this. She had to go and help them! She would protect them or die trying!

Just then, one of her higher ranking military monkeys dashed in, panting. Scratches covered her body, and what little her armor she wore was dented in a few places.

"Tenochtitlan!!.....Ayuu ki dall oo eek bon ramali kleaka!!" she cried.

"Yo nedd! Yo nedd!" Tenoch replied in a worrisome tone. Shina put the monkey down, but she knew there was not much use in waiting. Their success rate decreased with each passing second.

The other ape suddenly noticed Shina and got scared.

"No, no!!" Tenoch yelled, waving her hands frantically.

"It's all right! She's a friend...She's here to help..."

The guard straightened her bent helmet hastily, wiping some blood from her cheeks.

"Whew...But, Tenochtitlan...What should we do?"

Tenoch thought as she stared at one of her most loyal subjects. After some contemplation, she answered.

"Maya...They're here to get me. Tell everyone to run. Tell them to hide. Do whatever they must...For it is I they want...."

Maya frowned, shaking her head in disapproval.

"You know we cannot do that! Your people are loyal to you. They won't listen...They would rather give their lives for you than let you into their hands...They'll stop this threat as long as they can! YOU are the one who should be leaving! We can fend them off! Don't worry!"

Tenoch paused. This was getting quite dire quite fast, wasn't it?

"I..But...." she fumbled, confused.

Shina roared in frustration.

"WE DON'T HAVE TIME!! You have to leave, NOWWW!!!" Her groans echoed down the hallways of marble and stone of this temple.

"If they get you, it could be extremely dangerous for all of us! You have to come with me!"

Tenoch bit her lip, turned to Maya, and gave her a tight and desperate embrace.

"Please..." she whispered, as Shina lifted her onto her shoulders roughly.

"Try to make them escape...I don't want to see them hurt..." Tears were welling up in her eyes, because she knew deep down that

Maya showed an unconfident look, her body trembling. She waved good bye, and scampered away, mustering all the courage she could.

Tenoch quickly glanced around, her eyes purple and wide.

"What about....What about Tikal?! Or Crystel, or Inky, or-"

"They're safe, my allies are getting them as we speak...." Shina firmly mumbled.

Tenoch would have to trust her word.

Just then, another familiar primate came in, looking half dead. He was wobbling around, quite injured from the looks of it. Monkeys were dashing all around down the halls of this great piece of architecture, but Tenoch recognized this one in an instant.

"Prometheus?!!" Tenoch started to tear at the sight of him. He was hurt pretty badly, blood dripping all over his face from who knew what. It appeared as if his arm was broken as well.

"Ahh...*cough* Yes," he began, his voice raspy and weak. "....Tenochtitlan....Yes..Cheerio, eh? What a pleasant night it is..." He smiled warily, and coughed a bit of red fluid onto the ground before him.

Tenoch wanted to reach down and help him, but Shina wouldn't allow it.

"Pro...." She looked down at him. "Why are you here?" her voice was trembling, her heart racing.

"You have to get out of here! You could get killed!" she forced the words out.

"Then die I shall, while serving your pure soul!" he cried out valiantly.

Shina realized these two were close, and if she didn't help this wounded fellow, the priestess would be whining about it the whole way out. So, she scooped him up in one arm and tucked him underneath an armpit.

"I say....Since when did leopards get bosoms like THAT..??" Prometheus murmured in awe as he gazed at the formations on the anthro creature's chest.

Tenoch scowled and grumbled a bit, and Prometheus snapped back to the dire situation at hand.

"Ah! No time for levity! Quite right!"

Finally, Shina pounced onward toward one of the balconies. She hopped off of the ledge, and her cargo cried out in shock as she slid down the stone blocks of the pyramid, the wind rushing past them. After she landed on the dirt ground, she started to make a mad dash for the outskirts of the city. Flames and screams engulfed their path, and Tenochtitlan realized the horror of what was happening.

While running, Prometheus slipped out of Shina's grasp, and went tumbling to the ground. Tenoch gasped, and Shina slid to turn around and get him.

There they saw a wolf running at them. A wolf with piercing red eyes, a white shirt, and jean shorts. The same type of creature as Shina was- a Zoanthrope.

"Yugo!!" Shina cried.

But then she realized Yugo had his hands full with Inky on his back, and the Chao all in his arms. The ink badger was utterly confused and horrified, while the other small creatures were quivering uncontrollably.

Shina let out a growl and ran back to get Prometheus. She had just snatched him up when a mole wearing a cape and black pants came whizzing by, Crystel and Tikal in hand.

The Zoanthrope, named Bakuryu, came whizzing by in a blur, and Shina got a good grip on Prometheus before heading off again.

But a strange metallic figure gave pursuit, and launched a ball of glowing red liquid metal at the escapees.

Shina tried her best to dodge it, but got nicked it the shoulder, and she dropped Prometheus again.

Tenoch, who was riding on Shina's back, was terrified. She jumped off to run back, but was caught in midair by Shina, and the powerful leopard kept running.

Tenoch yelled back at Prometheus, who looked up at her and smiled, glad too see she was still all right.

Little did he know Metal Mario was standing right behind him, his icy, emotionless eyes glaring downward.

The silver villain picked him up with ease and tossed him straight into a building behind him, cracking the wall.

Tenoch screamed when she saw Pro slide down the wall to the ground, blood covering him. Her black eyes burst water, and she moaned in horror.

And she knew.....He was dead.

Speechless, she stopped struggling, and just let Shina take her away. Her glazed eyes were glued to the bloody mess that had once been her friend. Gaping at the sight of him know, she felt overwhelmed.

"RUN!!" Metal Mario bellowed. "Go ahead, we've got what we want!! Sooner or later, you will be ours, too, Tenooky...Takkawee....WHATEVER!!!" he spat out hastily. His voice was fading into the distance, so he screamed his last words.

"BUT I PROMISE YOU...THEY WILL ALL BE DEAD!!"

{~_+~*~)~^~(*~+_~}

She snapped awake like a bolt of lightning, sitting upright in her bed. Beads of sweat dripped down her face, and her soft black hair was a bit sticky and disheveled. Her eyes were a midnight black, frightened and wet. Her body was trembling uncontrollably, and she tried to calm herself down. Searching for comfort, her hands fumbled in the dark room, until they arrived upon the smooth staff leaned against her bed. She gripped the staff tightly, feeling somewhat soothed, but still scared.

Why...? Why did they have to do this to her...? They killed her people, destroyed her home...And for what?

Tenochtitlan paused, staring at her staff fearfully, still quivering. <It was a memory...> She realized. <A peek at my past...But...Do I WANT to remember...?>

She let out a short shriek as her bedroom door flew open, and a figure stood there in the dark, staring at her. Wide-eyed and afraid, Tenochtitlan held her breath for a moment.

"Dude...Uh...Tenoch, you OK...?"

She sighed of relief, wiping some sweat from her forehead.

"...Beastboy..." she murmured, recognizing his voice.

Beastboy felt very odd standing in her doorway, so he let himself in, hoping he hadn't done anything rude.

"Um...Listen, I, uh...I heard you scream, and..." He rubbed his neck nervously as he approached her bed in the dark.

"I-I', OK..." Tenoch answered, her voice shaking with her body. It was dying down slowly.

"You sure? You sound freaked out..." he checked.

"I-I...I just h-had a dream...A b-bad dream..." she whispered as a tear flowed down her cheek. But the green teen couldn't see.

"Oh...Well, it must've been pretty scary," he mumbled uneasily. "Sounded like somebody was kidnapping you or something..."

"Y-yes, something like th-that..." Tenoch mumbled, hunched over on her bed. She didn't use a blanket, she felt too warm under one. She was used to warmer weather...At least she THOUGHT she was...

Beastboy didn't know what else to say. She seemed to want to be alone.

"Well, uh...Just checkin'...I'll go now, so...I hope you can sleep well..."

With a shrug and a confused expression, he exited the room. But just as the door was about to close behind him, Tenoch reached out.

"Thank you, Beastboy." It was a little scared still, but warm and thankful.

He paused and smiled, though his back was still to her.

"No prob...Good night..." he said back kindly.

*)(#0+0#)(*

The wind playfully rushed past them as they rode the great field, the galloping of the horse they rode rhythmic and unending.

The small girl who rode behind him giggled with glee, waving her arms around merrily. Her voice was sweet and soft, and her appearance also made it seem her personality reflected these traits as well.

"Where are we going?" she curiously squealed, her voice raised a bit.

The solemn figure who held the magnificent horse's reigns stared straight ahead, his gaze as firm as Death Mountain.

"We're heading back to the castle..." he grumbled seriously. "What are you so happy about?" he demanded sternly. He quickly retracted his firmness. "Sorry...I don't get it, though..."

The green-haired girl behind him frowned sadly. Her scrapes and cuts still burned, but just riding Hyrule field with Link made her forget about them.

"I'm trying to be optimistic..." she murmured sadly.

"Yea, well...Isn't it a little hard when your home just got demolished?" Link inquired.

Saria sighed deeply and tried to explain. "Of course it is...But I remember that I still have you to lean back on. And that's all I need to be happy..."

Link felt a bit touched by such a simple remark. But nonetheless, this was a dire situation. He had to gather Zelda and get the heck out of here. No doubt those Wire Frames were hot on their trail at that very moment.

"You're right," he admitted quietly. "But that doesn't mean we should sit back and let bad things happen..."

Saria nodded curtly. "Oh, of course." She held back a laugh, but it sputtered out moments later. She spoke in a sarcastic voice, gruff and deep. At least as much so as she could muster. "We have to handle things seriously. Let's go and hack their heads off, might makes right." A flurry of giggled erupted afterward.

Link rolled his eyes and sighed. Normally he would love her company, but now...It was just a little irritating, he wasn't all happy and joyous.

"You Kokiri really DON'T ever grow up, do you?" he questioned. It was hard to tell whether he meant this in a joking manner or not, however.

Saria noticed this and quickly calmed down.

"I'm sorry," she mumbled. "I'm just trying to cheer you up. What's the point in frowning when you can try to smile. Look at the bottle half full!"

"Half full of bugs?" Link replied.

Saria shook her head. "You know what I mean!" she snapped playfully. "Oh, fine. Let's go and chop somebody's head off!" She snickered, punching his shoulder a little. "There's no stopping you."

Link cracked a smile.

"Slashing somebody? Well, if you insist..."

Epona, Link's faithful and loyal mare, let out an excited whinny.

"Damm right," Link cried out in agreement.

|-_\\|//_-|

<Saria...?>

Link sat, hunched over the edge of his bed. His elbows rested on his knees, and his chin in his palms. He was trying to sort this out.

<Saria...>

The name alone didn't ring a bell, but the girl's face...Her voice, her smile, her giggle. He KNEW it. It was as if he'd grown up listening to it...

But why in Hyrule would he be riding with this bruised girl to a castle...? Zelda. Hm.

<Zelda...Castle...Wire Frames...?>

Then it clicked. ZELDA!! A beautiful girl with golden hair and blue eyes...Yes!! The girl he adored, the girl who adored him. The girl that had dragged him into this whole 'save your country' stuff. But he loved her all the same, as pushy as she could be.

With this piece of information added to his memory banks, he still didn't have enough, If the figure in the dream was him, then why did he look different...? Everyone had point ears, and pointy noses...Why?

"Gah," he grumbled, feeling as though he'd done enough contemplating for one night. He needed to get back to sleep. The next day was sure to be interesting, and he wanted to be rested-up for it.

But there was a clear connection forming in his mind. His connection with this 'Hyrule' place.

The connection he and all his friends shared. But at that moment, this connection was only clear in the subconscious world of their dreams...

~[<+--\-<*>-/--+>]~

End Transmission

{\+<--/-<*>-\-->+/}

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Too long? Psh. Yea, right.

My problem is that I'm not writing ENOUGH.

Oh, by the way, did you notice the estensive array of characters there?

I mean, sure, I had a touch of the TT, but this Chapter was really about linking this fic with my other one, so I used excerpts from my other fic...(A couple of which I actually wrote for this first. ^_^')

Yes, there were the Bros., and then of course Link and Saria...And Sonic and Amy, and Tikal...(Hehe...Gotta love Love Triangles...) Then there was Tenoch. And some other people, including a leopard named Shina, who I described as a human-like creature. Yep, it's her, from the Bloody Roar series. I think the one from BR:3/Primal Fury looks the best so far. (I can't say that for everyone, though.)

Anyway...Um...Well, I guess that's about it, huh?

GAH! I forgot two of my textbooks at home, and I need them, and...crap. *shrug* Whatever.

Dr. Sloth

Smash Lord
Ahh, sh*t like that happens. I was sick last week, causing me to miss a major laboratory assigment in Science class. It was a pain in the sack to make up...

So that update was a "linking" chapter? At one point I got confused as to what parts were "dreams" and what parts were reality. You should italicize the dreams/flashbacks.

They're all still in Titan Tower, right?

Well then...

DS, were you aware that, even as we speak, Squaresoft and Disney Interactive are making a SEQUEL to Kingdom Hearts? It's true!!! :D I read about it in Game Informer magazine. There's going to be more Disney characters from movies like Atlantis and Mulan (and basically everyone they left out in the first KH). Plus, you can hold TWO keyblades at once!!

Also, I saw the commercial for Sonic Heroes... :love:

Man, there are a LOT of REALLY AWESOME games out right now! And I have all three systems, so I can get any game I want!

And when the holiday season rolls around, they're all MINE... :demon: :D

VeryAngrykirby

Smash Journeyman
no duh EP,

Gee, your like the last one to find out about KH2....Dang, you shouldve finished the game faster....

I hope to God, that Poke'hantas won't be in the sequel....

Give me a day to read your update.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
EP, you ARE slow.

I knew about KH 2 about 10 months ago!!

I knew about Ratchet and Clank 7 months before it was out.

I found out about Sonic Heroes a few months ago.

I knew about Mario and Luigi eh...I dunno. Beginning of Summer.

I know about Advent Children, though it's not coming out for a long while.

You're a little slow, buddy. :p

Anyway, uh...Well, right now, I'm not working on this particular fic, but my others. Don't worry, I'll have SOME up SOMETIME soon.

Hey, go to this spiffy art site.

www.silvestris.net

Spiffy Zelda art there.

Caba

Smash Apprentice
I'm all caugt up here, sorry I took so long to reply... I've been having problems.

My friend missy fell in love with this goth looking guy and I knew he was trouble, but Missy wouldn't listen. She was always saying they were going to be together forever and that they were soul mates. And our whole group was agianst this guy, Me, Missy,Deeanna,Lizy and Lizzet, thats our group.

Anyway, this guy dropped her like a sack of marbles one day and realy broke her heart. She stopped talking, the guy never even looked at her agian. That ******* was using her! Later on I found out him and his guys have little notebooks with every girl in the schools name listed in them, they are having a get laid contest they mark the names off of every girl they've been with.

Missy was so hurt that she litteraly dissapered. A couple days later, A teacher discovered her in a bathroom stall with a slit wrist, she attempted suicide! She's in the hospital now, and she's doing fine, shes decided not to be with anymore guys for awhile, A good dission on her part.

Its amazing what people do when you screw with thir feelings :(

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
:mad:

...You have no idea how evil the look on my face is...

That *******'s lucky he doesn't live around here...

I'm nit one for fights and all that, but when someone does something like THAT...

Golly...I don't even KNOW this Missy person...

But that doesn't matter.

Ya know, if there's ANYTHING YOU NEVER want to do in a relationship...

It's say stuff like this.

'She was always saying they were going to be together forever and that they were soul mates. '

NEVER think that. Because everything that has a beginning has an end. Relationships, too, at least romantic ones. Until you get married, never say that about a BF/GF. I don't know how I feel right in saying this, I just do.

That doesn't mean it's POINTLESS, though.

Hm...AH! ANybody here played FF10?

Remember that one part...

'But being able to sleep at night and not worry about getting killed...At least for a LITTLE while...That time is worth ANYTHING...'

Or something like that. Ya know how Sin attacks, gets killed, and comes back again? So what's the point?

Because a Calm (period of peace) is worth the effort.

Um...Well, anyway...

Tell Missy I wish her good luck. I hope she gets better...Man, I want to send her a card or something...

Good for nothing ******* goth guy...

Not that goth is necessarily BAD.

Cirrus is gothic-ish. 'Course, she's utterly eveil and purely good at the same time.

In case no one caught onto that, it's basically a REALLY OBVIOUS WAY of me showing my belief in the whole ying/yang stuff.

Ahem.

Well, uh...My home computer crashed, so don't expect any stuff anytime soon, sorry guys...

To keep this thread busy a bit...

Here's a great question. Pertains to the topic before us.

Hehe...

OK. They have to be a character from a video game. (or a show based off a game or whatever).

If you had to pick a Girlfriend or Boyfriend from a video game, who would it be?

Mind you, this can pertain to only personality. (Although the one I've decided happens to be a human, which works out niceley...)

Ahem. *sweatdrop*

Odd question, no?

I'm wondering because, as you know, I myself will be making an appearence in this fic. Yes, this TT one, remember? Actually, some of you may recognize me from a game you've played, because I will take the form of a certain character. Anyway, I also had to think who would be my romantic interest. (wasn't too hard)

So there's an odd question to ponder to keep you all busy.

So tell me who and why. :p

And tell Missy I want to send her a card, if she can check her e-mail anytime soon, I would love to mail her to try and help her feel better...

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
well someone I used to have a crush on blocked me and not the person that insults her. Even worse everyone in school makes fun or annoys me. Almost everyone hates me. I'm glad I'm getting out of Japan and going back to California in the summer:). That doesn't make sense. For your question either Samus or Zelda. I don't have a reason.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, BULL you don't have a reason! There's a reason, allright. Either you don't know it conciously or you wish to share. Either is OK, but DON'T say there isn't a reason.

There's a reason for everything. Now matter how minor or vague, there's still a reason.

I'm not giving my answers away until I get those from the rest of ya. So :p

Top Bottom