• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winds of Fate: The X Factor (Teen Titans)

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, guess. so. :p You ARE my oldest reader--it's the Destinia Saga, by the way. :laugh:

You aren't caught up in Q4D!? Whoa. How far behind ARE you? I've written some pretty cool stuff in the most recent Chapters.

Ah, well. I'm pretty much done for the week, so I will try to write some tonight, folks!

Dr. Sloth

Smash Lord
In my secret base, in a secret location, plotting
Ah, yes, the Destinia Saga. ^_^ Thanks for correcting me... again. :laugh:

I'm on chapter 49 as far as Q4D is concerned. The Starbound internet conversations (between Sparkle and friends) are a bit of an eyesore without spaces in between each message, but I can still understand everything that's being said.

I like to multi-task, so I usually only read when i'm in the middle of downloading something, or performing a virus/spyware scan of my computer. Time flies when you're having fun, eh?

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, with the connections I've got, there's no point, really. Unless it's a really hefty file (we're talking 50 megs or more), I can basically sit there and watch it download with a minute or two, depending on the site.

The Starbound messenger conversations shouldn't have spaces between them because messengers don't have spaces inbetween them.

And nice new sig, there.

Dr. Sloth

Smash Lord
Thankies. ^_^

This was a pretty interesting week in school. My English teacher asked me on Friday if I wanted to write an article for the school's newsletter. This is an unusual opportunity, as not many students are actually asked to write articles in my school. She gave me the weekend to think about it, and i'm thinking I should go for it. Something like that would definitely look nice on my college application someday.

Speaking of which, I still have NO idea what college to go to. There are three careers i'm interested in: web page designer, concept artist, and video game developer. The thing about video game development is that the video game industry is growing so rapidly; i'm afraid I won't be able to find a good position by the time I finish college. Maybe I could design professional video games as freelance work, or just as a hobby, and then pursue one of the other two careers. So, yeah, i'm pretty confused there. x_x

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Um...That's interesting and all, but...why the he11 are there really ******** links there? It's like...really disturbing. I'm gonna assume you didn't do it, which really creeps me out.

OK, I'll be honest--I've written 2 sentences in the past few days. ^_^'' But it's not as if there's some big ol' bustling fanbase drooling for more, or else my 455 would be in gear a bit more.

Sooo...Ya know, I'm gonna go do some writing RIGHT NOW. And then I'm gonna watch more Naruto.

Itadakimasu!

Dr. Sloth

Smash Lord
Those "links" are IntelliTXT links that Smash World added automatically. It's just another advertising gimmick. There's a way to turn them off, but i'm not sure how, exactly...

Yeah, it's a shame that there isn't a large fanbase for this story, considering how utterly awesome it is. Then again, having fewer readers does have its advantages.

Itadakimasu!...?

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
-_-'

Fewer readers has its advantages when by 'few' you mean 'more than one and a half,' maybe.

I did write more, and the scene I'm on is almost done, but I want to run through it and revise it some before I post it up, anyway. Still aiming for Monday, but we'll see.

Itadakimasu doesn't have any exact English equivilent, but it's a phrase you use when you're about to eat.

As in, "Mmmm, Ramen. Itadakimasu! *munchmunchmunch*"

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, I STILL haven't fully finished the latest scene, BUT I DID find a new online game (that's free, for it's in beta-testing).

It's called Gunz: The Duel, and it's pretty fun.

Anyway, I guess I can give you a chunk of this scene and stop at a good point, since it's kinda two scenes, I guess.

~~~

----------

“Come ON!” Beastboy groaned with insipid disgust. “Why SAUSAGE?” He glared at the steaming, hot, juicy cylinders of meat that were being dropped onto the plates of his neighbors. Discouraged by Tenochtitlan’s glowing eyes, he sighed at them, her hunger portrayed in a burning yellow.

“It smells so good…” Tenochtitlan murmured with anticipation, practically drooling over Luigi’s shoulder.

“Thanks,” the green-garbed chef replied with a grin. “Just wait ‘til you TASTE ‘em…”

“I dunno, Bro.,” Mario disagreed in good humor, tipping his cap up as he flipped a pancake with ninja-like skill—it twirled through the air like a ballerina, landing perfectly on the opposite side. “I’m thinkin’ these pancakes are gonna rock the house.”

“No way!” Cyborg protested, pouring his custom-made mix into a waffling iron. “They’ll be talkin’ about my waffles all day, man!”

“Oh, really?” Luigi quipped, his voice spiced with doubt.

“That so?” Mario countered alongside his unusually confident sibling.

“You bet!” Cyborg jeered, slapping the iron closed. The kitchen was alive with the sizzling of sausages on the frying pan, the fizzling of pancakes on the grittle, and the hissing of waffles being steamed into creation.

Dairy, dairy, dairy. Beastboy KNEW it. There wouldn’t be a single thing there that was non-dairy. What the heck, dude? Did anyone ever take into account his diet? He shrugged it off as he noticed the hungry delight in Tenochtitlan’s demeanor. At least she was happy.

A dull-eyed Link came strolling into the room with methodical movements, his hands nestled in the roomy pockets of his large pants. He didn’t even seem to notice the cook-off going on around him, but it was clear he was here for food, as he headed straight to the fridge—no greetings, no gestures…Very typical.

Terra, who entered right beside him, beamed with excitement at the prospect of having a full-bodied meal. She grinned at the three Titan chefs, her hands on her hips, and she complimented on each one as she passed them by.

“Oh, man, those look so good!” she whispered in awe at the fleshy, darkened sausages.

Link slowly opened up the fridge, ignoring the bustling morning sounds around him, and pulled a quart of milk out. He stared at it with dismay for a moment, disgusted at its genre of pasteurized goodness. Skim milk? What the hell? He double-checked the fridge, which was relatively empty. It was a very sad and gloomy fridge, with only a plastic container of week-old potato salad, a few cherry tomatoes, a nearly bottle of Dyspepsi Cola, and that half-filled quart of skim milk to keep it company. Oh, wait—there was a full carton of fresh eggs in the back. What a miracle THAT was…

“I can’t wait to try those out,” Terra told Mario with a giddy smile, her voice a bit distant.

Link suddenly wondered why the hell all of this cooking was going on when they didn’t seem to have much to eat. Come to think of it, why hadn’t anyone done the grocery shopping in so long? Some superheroes—couldn’t even stay on top of the groceries…

In the background, Terra said to Cyborg, “Oh, I remember the last time you made THESE…” The fond memories crept into her taste buds, as if her brain willed her to taste them again.

With an insipid sigh that oozed apathy, Link dragged a glass from a cupboard nearby and tilted the carton of skim a bit, giving himself a glass half empty. With minimal effort, he slipped the carton back into the depressingly empty refrigerator and took a swig of the skim, its slim, tasteless texture scratching his tongue like claws on a chalkboard.

The room grew slightly quieter when Robin seemed to sneak in, his pace quick and eager. He waved Luigi good morning as he passed quietly by, and headed straight for the fridge. He was in a bigger rush than Link, and just by looking at their polar opposite faces, one could deduce that he was a in a very solemn mood. He retrieved the eggs that had been stored in the back, and made haste to the stove beside Luigi. Luigi had left a couple of the six burners free, and Robin placed a pan on each in a mechanical fashion.

“Good morning, Robin,” Tenochtitlan greeted, her bright voice slightly shaken by his lack of emotion.

“Good morning,” he replied, his voice as a dry and rough as sandpaper.

Tenochtitlan grimaced and gave Beastboy a puzzled glance, but the green one gulped and answered her with a shrug. They sat down at the island near the counter where Link stood. As they planted their bottoms onto the red stools, Robin began cracking eggs and letting their contents drip into the Teflon pans before him. The sizzling of the room turned up another small notch.

Terra almost greeted her leader, but decided not to on a gut choice, so she sat beside Beastboy’s right at the island. She leaned over casually, her elbows supporting her.

“So, uh, you guys sleep well?”

A few minutes of dismally bland conversation commenced, and soon enough, Luigi began dropping his cooked meat upon plates, serving it up. Link passed the offer with a raised palm, and Luigi sighed the matter off. His loss.

Just as Link set his glass into the sink—he was amazed he had managed to down it—Mario went around the island, sliding pancakes onto the three plates available. After receiving words of thanks, he set the rest in the middle of the counter for the others. The immense stack he left was a tremendous sight to behold—there had to be a good twenty cakes atop one another.

Luigi had gone back to his cooking, but Mario had decided to head off for a small morning workout. He bid his fellows ‘farewell,’ and slowly disappeared down the hall, his fingers locked behind his neck, his elbows pointed out over his shoulders like an lazy and anxious kid.

---

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Great update. I noticed one mistake at the end. Other than that, it's pretty much good.

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Hey man!!! It's been a while but I'm back finally. I think you stopped writing this though so maybe this is all in vain perhaps. Anyways, you were the guy that inspired me to write a fan fiction in the first place...however you never really read mine. It's okay though, it's finally flaming now that I have started to write for it again. I would love to hear what you have to say about it though. Just check my signature for the link to Faith. Oh, and I love this story...even after all this time. Alright man, I hope to see more stories written by you and maybe some comments on my story from you. Peace, love and soul!!

~Ace

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm really appreciative that you love my work so much...

The thing is...this stuff...just...ISN'T...my work anymore...
I don't write fiction. I analyze game design/game industry stuff, journalism...
And I want to get into social work.

I have little passion to write this anymore because I know hardly anyone is reading my work anymore and I have other things I put time into that are simply more important to me...=_=

Oh, and did I mention how much I f5cking hate this place now because the people are so insensitive and even some of the mods are jerks? Oh, yea, there is that.

I can be a user here for nearly 5 years and I make ONE bad thread that goes against my intentions, inadvertently get some people mad at me, and all of a sudden I become fodder for the fire of mods and members to kick and laugh at.
And when I try to be polite and ask the mods to help, they just point and laugh, and put my thread in a sticky and let it get ridiculed even MORE.

It's like f5cking grade school all over again.
This site has become such a disgusting place that I post here about once a month, and even then...

As much as I don't want to see my fiction die, the truth of the matter is that, for the most part, it already is. I had so many ideas, so many brilliant concepts just waiting to be unearthed, and they'll never be realized. I swore to myself I would finish my work and I simply can't. Not right now, anyway.
And I somehow think I won't to it after college, either.

However, that said, I DO want to finish this story.
This is the best story I have, the most quality fiction I've written in my life, and I do really want to finish this one. I'm rather close, too.

It's just a matter of finding the motivation to finish it when every site I used to have loyal readers was abandoned.

I simply was not getting enough feedback for all of the work I was putting into it.
I am not the type who can simply write JUST for himself--it's why I'm getting more into social work and journalism rather than fiction.

Fiction is at its best when it's being enjoyed by other people, not just existing in my mind.

But I want to see this story play out.
Maybe it will end differently than it was going to originally...I don't know.

When I go back and read some of my work I wrote however long ago, I smile and remember times gone by when I had fewer cares in the world.
My writing was basically a journal of sorts, with creativity thrown in.

I want to look back at the Teen Titans in this story as an illustration of myself as a teenager--meaning I should finish this story before I'm no longer a teen, I suppose. =P
And that day is comin' along.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
ARGH, frick nutters!

Where did my writing go?

I KNOW I wrote a scene with Mario and Amy in the gym, and I KNOW I started the Robin/Raven conflict except it was sucking...really badly.
And I think that was where I stopped writing...but none of it seems to be here.

--
AHA!
Knew it was somewhere.
Yay, it's like you guys get an update, only, like...without the me having to write one. 'Cuz I already did. Months ago.

---

After a few minutes, Mario entered the weight room, expecting it to be uninhabited. He was surprised, however, when he saw a thin-framed girl on her back doing bench presses. As he approached, he smiled in amusement, watching her struggle to lift the weights up with her skinny arms. Her face was oily, and sweat dripped from her slicked bangs of disheveled pink. In such a position, the fresh scar on her neck was easily noticeable. She grunted and groaned, forcing as much strength into her arms as she could, pushing and pushing upward. Her emerald eyes burned with determination—a determination that was distinctly reminiscent of the night before. When her arms were finally stretched out, she bared the pain, her entire body trembling. With an exasperated gasp, she let the barbells come crashing down onto the supporters above her, landing safely above her chest. With that ‘clang,’ she was done, and moaned out, rubbing her aching arms as she panted from the exertion.

“Ya let it come down slow—better for your arms.” Mario chuckled at her and shook his head, which received a frustrated growl from below—like a child huffing at her parent.

Mario took a seat on a bench near the wall to Amy’s right and scooped up a sturdy barbell, working out his biceps as he began his mechanical work. His arm moved like a slow piston—up, down, up, down—and Amy stared for a few moments in silence, almost hypnotized by the steady motion. She shook it off like a cat clinging to her back and slowly raised her body up from the padded bench. A slow, tired movement of her arm shifted over her forehead, collecting sweat and removing it. She shook some drops off of her wrist and took a deep sigh, glaring at Mario with rebellious discomfort. She couldn’t see his eyes, though, as his head was tilted down, and his cap’s brim cast a shadow over his brilliant eyes of blue.

Up…down…up…down.

His arm pumped with rhythmic force, and Amy watched the muscles in his arm contract and loosen. That cat was still clinging to her back, its claws stuck in her. Instead of shaking it off this time, she gently removed it.

“I’m sorry.”

The words did not spill from her lips with ease like water from a bucket, but were released like molasses from a colander. The tensed arm that had been lifting weights froze for a moment, then slowly unwound, resting the barbell in its owner’s lap. The opposite arm tipped the red cap up slightly, and Mario’s sapphire eyes received Amy’s hard, prickly glare.

“I should’ve thought things through before I acted like a dumb-****…”

A nonchalant “heh” slipped into Amy’s ears, and she watched that sly smirk form on his face.

“But you didn’t think first,” Mario concluded, his head tilting to the side in acknowledgement to his own comment.

Amy felt her insides bubble up with crude frustration, and she felt like digging her nails into a chalkboard. What the hell? Why the **** did she even bother apologizing in the first place? She shouldn’t have even—

“You didn’t think because you can’t control your anger, just as you can’t right now.”

This swift smack in her head paralyzed Amy, releasing her body from its tightened state. Her arms loosened, her clenched fists unwound, and her grit teeth were relieved. Something about those words had grabbed her brain and given it a good throw down. She couldn’t place exactly why, but they had. Mario delivered a bit more prattling, shifting his weight to the other arm and repeating the pumping process with the left.

“You can’t explain it, but you get pissed off really easily. Inside, you’re angry all the time, at everything, and you don’t know why.”

The pink-haired girl couldn’t look him straight in the eye as he said these words, averting her gaze to her red boots—they were loose boots of red with a white stripe running down the center. As she admired the white stripe, tapping the boots together with anxious impatience, Mario finished, amused by the reaction. He wasn’t surprised, of course, but amused, nonetheless.

“Don’t worry too much about it—it’s no shocker, given your condition. But you’ve gotta learn to control it better. If you let that anger out at the right time, you’re golden.” He rolled his eyes as he struggled to look her in the face, but was only able to see slick bangs. “Hey—chin up.”

Amy’s face jolted up just enough so that her fierce gaze met his icy calm expression.

“It’s no big, Rose. We’ve all got our problems, ya know.” Mario finished his brief arm exercise and stretched his limbs out over his shoulders. In mid-groan, he added with nonchalance, “Maybe if you stopped looking so pissy all the time, you’d be a step ahead…You’re cute when you’re pissed, but you’re cuter when you’re kind.”

Stupid ***-wipe. He thinks I’m pissy? Ohhh, I’m show him pissy. I’ll shatter his jaw—

“It’s all about attitude. If you dwell on your anger, that’ll only make it worse.”

Amy had been so lost in her own irate mind that she hadn’t noticed how the capped one was now on his back on the floor, feet pinched beneath the bench he had been sitting on. With his arms tucked over his shoulders, he executed a smooth series of sit-ups, continuing the conversation with no thought of it.

“See, problem is, you have more natural anger in you right now than you’re used to; that’s ok. As long as you can harness it, like I said, it’s all good. So get to work on it, eh?”

Amy forced back her pouting frown, maintaining a neutral—and very blank—stare. Was he telling her to go through anger management? Psh, whatever. What the hell did HE know, anyway? He acted all high and mighty, like he knew everything about her, but he didn’t know ****. She oughtta kick his ***, and—

OK. Deep breath…all right. I’m NOT angry. I’m not angry. I can do this. I can DO this. ‘More natural anger?’ What did he mean by that? I mean, I DO feel like I’m more pissed off than I SHOULD be, but…Why is that? ****it! He knows, doesn’t he? Why isn’t he telling me? Why is he being such an *** about it?

“Because it’s what you need right now.” That’s what he’d tell her. Wait…isn’t that what he just said? Like, out of the blue, just now? Her piercing eyes of green glared at him, emitting waves of doubt and suspicion.

Can you read my mind?

“When I want to…Sort of,” he corrected in a mumble. “Kinda.”

Why?

“Wish I knew. Been creepin’ me the hell out lately.”

Amy paused, her brain stirring the mush of ideas and thoughts around like mashed potatoes. They didn’t turn out too fluffy when she was done—still plenty of chunkiness to it.

Do you know why we’re here?

Mario, still as casual as ever, jumped to his feet and carelessly pumped out some jumping jacks. “I do,” he replied to Amy’s pondering, leaving it to dry like a raisin.

“WHY?” Amy growled out impatiently.

Mario’s routine sputtered to a halt, a wind up toy whose key was reaching the end of its cycle. When he finally was still, his rough thumb flicked the brim of his cap up an inch, and like a man of the ol’ west, he leaned against the wall behind him, arms thoughtfully crossed over his chest.

“You really wanna know, huh?” he murmured, his left brow creaking up a couple centimeters. His eyes twinkled with mystery, alluring Amy’s head to nod. She bobbed her head with care, however, almost afraid at what answers may await her.

The tension in Mario’s smirk sealed it for her, and nagged at her patience all the more, reeling her in. How did he know about all of this? Once she got an answer about the cause of this whole mess, she could finally get down to—

“Don’t feel like tellin’ you just yet.”

Amy’s mind was shattered, and shrapnel was careening out in all directions.

“…Excuse me?” she hissed out, eyes narrowing. Oh, hell no. He wasn’t gonna get off that easy. If he didn’t explain to her what he knew, she was gonna castrate him, and then—

“See what I mean?” Mario calmly pointed out, tapping his index finger at her forehead while she snarled. “Gotta work on that anger issue. We don’t want another situation like last night, now, do we?” A condescending glance was all Amy needed to calm down. She ran her fingers across the inch-long scar on her neck and was drawn back to that moment the night before.

“A true warrior fights with his mind, heart, and body—not just his fists or his sword,” Mario muttered with a pensive nod, shoving his hands into his gaping pockets.

“Yea…” Amy admitted in a forced grumble.

****it! I’m getting showed up by a loony dressed up like a plumber…Then again…maybe I’m the loony…

Her self-doubt was interrupted by a slap on her back that eased her to her feet.

“You got two of those three aced,” he commented. “Now you need to work on the third one.” He grinned as he jabbed his finger into her head. She shoved it away, a small smile sliding into her expression.

“You eaten breakfast yet?”

“No.”

“Well you should, ‘cuz you need to make sure the guys know my pancakes are the best.”

---

The air was fresh and cool, the spices of autumn drifting through her nostrils and tickling her soul. Oh, man, did it feel so good! After being cooped up in a dark room full of computers for so long, this was a brisk refreshment. And it was so different, going outside just…to go outside. She wasn’t out on a mission to steal anything…she wasn’t worrying about making sure things ran smoothly…She was just here to enjoy here.

The wooden bench was a bit hard against her bony body, but she was enjoying the atmosphere too much to notice.

The sky was a pale palette of bluish gray in the early afternoon, and the sun was up in the sky, not glaring down, but drearily staring. Jynx caught a glance of a flock of geese rising from a brief break at the pond in the distance. They ascended from the pool in a flurry, spraying feathers in their wake, and soon enough, they were ordered into their mighty formation.

The sound of a dog’s bark yanked her gaze from the birds to a small pug, it’s face wrinkled up in disgust…or maybe it was just wrinkled up already. Jynx couldn’t tell, and she didn’t care for dogs at all. Based on the discriminating growl and judicious glare she was receiving from the mutt, Jynx concluded that this dog didn’t care much for her, either.

A sharp whistle cut through the air, lashing around the grouchy dog’s neck like a lasso. It remained transfixed on Jynx, dead-set on ensuring that she knew how pathetic she was. With a disdained snort and a stiff growl, it trotted off, leaving puddles of pride in its footsteps.

Mere seconds after the mongrel was gone, Jynx’s attention was jerked in another direction as the cries of children chimed in her ears. They came in a group of three—none older than seven.

The first was slightly taller than the other two, with spiked maple hair and sharp, eager blue eyes. He had a defiant grin that radiated mischief. The second child was a girl, slightly shorter than the ‘leader,’ pointed pigtails of orange, and olive eyes of ferocity. Though her demeanor hid it, those eyes and her equally sneaky smile conveyed the same glow of tomfoolery as her ally. The third child looked a little younger—he had to be about five. His shy, glazed eyes observed the world around him with timid alarm; he wondered if that shaking leaf would fall on him, or if those flying birds would be a threat, or if that pug near the pond was mean. He kept a balloon at his side, squeezing its string like a lifeline and keeping it pressed to his chest, as if to make sure none would so much as tarnish its shiny, blue surface.

They were all running in single file, chasing after a soccer ball that their ‘leader’ was hording in his grubby paws.

“Cheater! Cheater!” cried the girl, sprinting after him with arms stretched out to catch the boy. Her words were playful and bubbled with giggles.

“Wait! Wait!” whimpered the frail child playing caboose, his balloon drifting behind, bobbing about haphazardly.

The frenzy was cut short as the leader tripped on his untied shoelace. He flailed like a fish out of water as he plummeted to the ground, and the girl behind him shrieked as she fell over him. Both landed flat on their faces in the grass, and the soccer ball popped out from under them. It playfully rolled its way across the grass, and lightly tapped against Jynx’s left boot. She bent over and scooped it up, and a faint memory of her childhood washed over her and left as quickly as it came.

Jynx’s insides were sloshing around inside her, rocking back and forth in an unsettling fashion. As the children scrambled to their feet and rushed her way, she almost felt like throwing up for a moment. The kids came to an abrupt stop, a few feet in front of her. A bad omen washed over her mind—she knew this feeling from somewhere.

No, not right now…Why right now?

“Um…Hi, Miss…”

The words of the feisty child leader slapped her and brought her attention back to the reality laid in front of her. Those three small children stared at her blank expression with an expectant stare for a moment of awkward silence before Jynx’s brain wandered off yet again.

They were so…cute and innocent. Playful, mischievous, and curious. And they wanted their ball back.

“Please? Miss?” The girl clasped her hands together in a coy plea.

“Oh, um…” Jynx fumbled with the ball in a clumsy manner, embarrassed by her own thoughts. Her fingers were tingling, a shiver ran down her spine, and a shock of pain went through her head as she stretched out her arm to hand it to the child—pop.

Wait…pop?

Three pairs of horrified little eyes stared at the black and white lump in her hands. The ex-soccer ball that rested between her skinny fingers had practically been shredded in half. It had started. Why did this have to happen now?

Pop!

The smallest child screamed in terror as a gunshot rang through his air when his blue balloon exploded. Afterward, his fear and grief congealed into a shrieking cry, tears gushing from his eyes. As the girl went to comfort him, the little boy frowned and marched toward Jynx in a fit. Jynx’s hands quivered uncontrollably, and the flat ball slipped from her hands to the grass below. It hit the ground at about the same time as the boy’s face did—he’d tripped on his untied shoelace.

Jynx’s mind was being pounded by throbs of pain and confusing thoughts. A frisbee flew over and whacked the girl in the back of the head. Someone talking on a cell phone walked past her back, shouting into his device due to an absence of reception.

Three children bawling before her, Jynx sprung to her feet and sprinted off, putting distance between her and the poor people her powers were bringing misfortune to. She blasted off, and soon enough, she felt her lungs would burst, but she kept going. She ran and ran, almost out of the park, when a huge, fleshy thing came out from behind a tree, blocking her way.

Something about this large, round, fleshy thing was familiar. For one thing, it smelled pretty rank, and Jynx knew that rank stench from anywhere.

She stared up in turmoil at Mammoth, who glowered down at her with a tainted grin.

“Hey,” he grunted with gruff chuckle.

“Well, well, well,” chimed the whiny voice of Jynx’s other old ‘friend’ as he came dropping from a tree branch, metal spider legs holding him in place. “Look what the cat dragged in.”

Jynx glared at them with jealous fury, hissing, “What do you want?”

“Just sayin’ ‘hi’ to an old pal,” Mammoth slyly explained, his eyes twinkling in a way that suggested otherwise.

“Bull****,” Jynx seethed, her fingers twitching with pain.

“Fine,” Gizmo huffed. “Listen, snotface, we’re only here because our crud-munchin’ Headmaster has an offer for you.”

Jynx’s heart pounded at the thought of going back home, back to the life she once had. This didn’t erase her doubt, however. There was certainly something fishy going on. How did they know she was here? All the same, they had an offer, and she figured she might as well listen to it.

“…What kind of offer?”

---

And that's all for now...Hopefully 'for now' and not 'ever'.
I'm actually pleased with how good my writing was before I stopped...
I really sucked at the beginning of this story compared to what it got to later...
Gah, but I think I may be too rusty...
Now I really want to try and start writing more again...

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I liked the update. It does not feel any different from the ones in the past to me, but that's probably because I haven't read it in a while. I don't really re-read things because my schedule is so tight nowadays.

I can understand why you stopped writing for other things that are more important to you. I used to like writing, and I only had one story posted here even though I did not do a good job at it. I would just write without really planning out and reading what I write. Now I would, but it's not something I would spend free time doing these days. I'm more interested in music and acting now.

I feel the same way about the site now. I rarely reply because there's nothing I could say, and a lot of the respectful people are gone. I still visit each day, but I don't post most of the time.

It would be really nice if you could keep on writing until you finish it. However, if it's not in the best interest of you, I'm not going to force you to keep writing. I still support your fiction, but I only have time to read new material because of all the work I have now.

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Not bad Ed. Not bad at all. Yeah, I've decided to try and write again too but trying to pay for college is becoming quite the *****. If you're ever free and want to criticize a horirble piece of work. Click on the first link in my signature. Your update was very nice however. Keep up the good work. Maybe you can get more into it over the summer away from problem filled college. Hope to read more soon.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ahehehehhhhh...

Yea, just a word out in case anyone who used to read this is still around...
It's looking like none of my fiction, not even this one, will ever be completed...well, that's what it's looking like, anyway.

It's been a good run, and writing this fiction has given me a greater understanding of literature and the literary process, and in turn, I've learned how to bloody WRITE.

As a result, I'm getting my foot into the door in the gaming journalism industry as a reviews editor for Zentendo.com (Eddy Fettig), so if you're interested in reading more of my work, give it a look.

I apologize to any of my readers who may still be boppin' around, but I imagine most everyone has acknowledged the fact that I have, regrettably and not regrettably, moved on to other things.

It's a possibility I could finish this at some point or another, but I really doiubt it.
My time is spent with my new-found love, Theresa -- so yes, I finally did find what I was looking for, for anyone curious -- we plan to get engaged in the spring time...and time not spent with her is spent with my new collection of "fans" at Zentendo.com's community, playing games for fun, for review, or for cultural appreciation...or doing schoolwork for college.

Again, thanks to my readers for all their support -- sorry if I let you down.
I'm just too much of a perfectionist with artsy stuff to get things this big done, I guess. ^_^;

Top Bottom