• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winds of Fate: The X Factor (Teen Titans)

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Hey DS. I want to congratulate you on a great fic. You've actually inspired me to begin writing one of my own. It'll kick off in the next week or two, so yeah. It's called Faith, and It'd be pretty cool if some of you guys could give me some input into it.. Peace out.

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Thank you

Major props Ds. I've read up until now and have loved every bit of it, all though some of the dialogue is a bit drawn out, it's still wonderful. You've actually inspired me to write a fic of my own. It'll come out in about two weeks hopefully. I'd like it if you and your friends could read it and critique me a little so I know how to improve it as I continue. It's called Faith and I hope it's good. :chuckle:

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dialogue a bit drawn out, eh? Heheh. Know why that is?

I dunno about you, but when I'm hanging out with MY friends, if you were to record our conversations, they'd be a bit drawn out, too. :p

Exactly, EP, EXACTLY.

That's precisely what Robin is doing--he doesn't care if someone's good or evil. All that matters to him is that they're a criminal. Heheh. Again, this concept will become more important as we gointo the next few Chapters.

----------

On his way to the roof, Cyborg bumped into a worried Terra that was rushing to get downstairs.

“Terra!” he cried out as soon as he caught sight of her. “What’s goin’ on up there?”

Panting, Terra lifted an eyebrow and stopped to take a breath from her running.

“Huh?...I thought…you guys…were in…trouble…” she gasped, holding herself up on her bent knees.

“Naw, we thought somethin’ happened upstairs.” Terra shook her head and groaned, irritated by the waste of energy.

“I’m fine,” she sighed out, standing upright, a few beads of sweat stuck to her forehead. “Why’d you call me?”

Cyborg, continuing his journey to the top of the building, explained thoughtfully, “Ray said she could feel someone on the roof, so we tried to ask you about it, but--”

“You couldn’t understand what I was saying…” Terra realized with a nod. “Yea, same thing happened to me, and I thought that you needed me downstairs.” She shrugged and followed the bionic Titan, quietly awaiting his findings as his scanners analyzed the area. She was dying with curiosity to ask what he was picking up, but managed to restrain herself from doing so for a few minutes as they headed upward.

Cyborg was quite flustered as he put on a muse’s frown. Pounding his feet up a set of stairs to the roof’s exit.

“Nothin’,” he muttered stubbornly. “No heat readings, no movement…I guess Raven must be a little mixed up tonight,” he concluded with a shrug as he creaked open the door and peered outside.

“Yea,” mumbled Terra with a yawn. “It IS pretty late. How much longer is it ‘til we leave?” she wondered, stretching her arms out over her head.

“We’ve still got a good four or five hours to go,” Cyborg announced with apathy, closing the steel door and trekking down the staircase. Continuing to eyeball his arm for readings, he told her, “I’m gonna head back down to the lobby.”

The clomping of Cyborg’s huge feet echoed across the bleak hallway, and Terra called out to him, “What should I do if something comes up?”

“Just don’t use the communicator unless it’s an emergency,” Cyborg advised. “That way, we’ll know you need us if you actually use it. If we call you up, come down as fast as ya can, whether you can understand us or not.”

“Gotcha,” Terra responded firmly, nodding in salute. (Four or five more hours?) she whimpered within her mind, cringing.

----------

A sinister chuckle escaped from his sly grin as he stood on the rooftop, leaned against a metal air duct. He was quite amused with the efforts of the half-metal man who had just tried to sniff him out. Unfortunately, he himself was completely metallic. Heat readings didn’t pick up ice-cold metal, and motion sensors only read that which was moving.

Within a half hour or so, he’d be bathed in battle, enjoying himself. He was sure of that. All he had to do was wait for two teenage, alien girls to arrive.

Luckily, his wait ended about five minutes after the cyborg Titan had scanned the perimeter, as he could see two figures veiled by the night approaching on the wind. As they neared, their bickering grew louder and louder, though it remained quiet enough for their purposes. They were an odd-looking pair, Metal Mario decided. They wore sleek, skin-tight suits that suited thieves, and wore mysterious masks reminiscent of Slade. The black one was perfectly dressed, looking almost like a ninja, but her companion resembled an alien much more, with horns, huge hands, and huge feet.

Their chatter came to an abrupt halt as they noticed the dark man before them whose skin shimmered in the dim moonlight.

“You must be the guy,” the black one bluntly commented.

“A fist for hire,” he replied, tipping his silver cap up to reveal his colorless eyes. “I’ll take care of the Titans while you steal the package.”

Starfire was in shock at the sight of the figure.

“…Mario…?” she whispered in disbelief. Had he joined Slade, as well? Why would he do such a thing?

“Not quite,” the man responded. “You can just call me MM. You must be Starfire…”

The face beneath the red mask dryly replied, “Not quite.”

There was a tense silence, the thick of the night weighing down upon them, until Blackfire inquired, “You know him?” Her question was met on deaf ears, as Starfire was eager to get this job done and over with.

“Shall we proceed with the task at hand?” she asked sharply.

“We shall,” Metal Mario answered, stretching his stiff arms out into the air. “I’ll head straight down through that door,” he casually pointed an index finger to the direct entrance behind them, “and you guys head in through here.” He nodded his head to the large air duct beside him. “You know where you’re headed, right?”

Starfire was hesitant, but Blackfire nodded quickly, assuring him that they’d be able to manage.

“Good. I can’t make any guarantees that I’ll be able to keep ‘em off your back—there’s a lot of ‘em in there—but I doubt you’ll have too much trouble. Peachy?”

“Keen,” Blackfire murmured, easing her sister to the duct before them. “You ready for this?” she whispered to her little sister as Metal Mario adjusted his cap, ambling to the door.

“I-I think I am as ready as I can be,” Starfire stammered, her insides liquefying.

“I’ve got your back,” Blackfire told her with steel assurance. “Just follow me, and do what I say—you’ll be fine. Everybody gets scared on their first heist.”

----------

Well, AceMoney, thanks for investing time in reading this. I'm sure it took you quite a while, but I hope it was worth your time. Geez, it's been taking ME quite a while to read through this fic...

Well, is this Faith story up right now? I guess I'll have to check it out, then.

Ah, EP, the Amulet of Extreme Plot Significance...I have a funny reason you can't equip it, yet, though. Could be wrong, I suppose. Depends on how you've been spending your time.

Anyway, stay tuned and all that. Got quite an interesting show for the rest of this Chapter.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
I see. Well, I'll look at it, then.

Here's a lil' update.

----------

“Raven,” Robin growled again, practically hissing through his teeth. “What’s wrong with you? Why are you staring at me like that?”

Raven’s dumbfounded gaze morphed into a cold and sour frown as her lips pursed slightly and her eyebrows arced menacingly. Robin returned a frown back to her, unable to pinpoint exactly what her problem was. He knew it had to do with Starfire, but his mind was far too deep in the matter at hand to worry about trivial things like trying to figure out the mind of a teen girl.

“Fine,” he dismissed her bluntly, returning his attention to his T-com to ensure that there weren’t any flaws.

“@$$****.”

The word seeped into the air very much in the same way that toxic gas does—slow, hardly noticeable at first, and poisonous. Robin took in the comment very much in the same way a brick does not take in water.

“…WHAT did you just say…?” he whispered in disbelief. It wasn’t so much that he felt insulted as much that he had never heard Raven say the word or anything close to it—ever.

A few frozen moments passed by with no dialogue between the two. A icy glare was the only response Robin was given, and it was all he needed.

“You have no idea what I’ve been through these past few days,” Robin informed her with the same solid resolve that she had just insulted him with. “So before you judge me, you should—”

Scratchy, static shouting cut off his self defense as the T-com buzzed with Terra crying for help. One couldn’t make any sense of it without sitting down and analyzing with great care, but what could be understood was that Terra needed backup.

“Sounds like we’ve got company,” Robin announced grimly, dashing down the hallway toward the location of the guarded item. Robin knew that if someone had just been noticed, it was likely that the armor they were trying to protect was already in danger. Raven was given no orders, so she acted on her own judgment and darted in the opposite direction, where Terra, Cyborg, and this ‘guest’ were.

No more than a minute had passed when Raven could make out a fist fight in the shadowy halls before her. Cyborg was trading blows near a stair terminal with someone who looked vaguely familiar. The way he moved—his punches, his kicks, his flips—Raven knew them well, but she couldn’t quite place a finger on who they reminded her of. Wasting no time, Raven shot her palms out and fired two concentrated beams of pure, white light right into the back of Cyborg’s foe. To her surprise, the light ricocheted off his back, reflecting in every which way. In that moment, both Cyborg and Raven were astonished to discover that this man was an emulation of their companion, Mario.

In the moment that their bodies were paralyzed in shock, the metallic man whipped his arm in Raven’s direction to throw a goo-like object that seemed to come from nowhere, and followed up immediately by nailing Cyborg in the jaw with a strong right hook.

Cyborg was pushed back by the sheer force of the blow and stumbled down the staircase behind him in haphazard fashion, colliding with the wall below the half-flight. Raven would’ve expressed concern had she witnessed the action, but when strange substance that had been thrown caught her by surprise, she was too late in protecting herself, and could feel her skin screaming in pain as a fist-sized gob of half-liquefied metal, still searing hot, splashed onto her right shoulder. As she scrambled to remove the substance, she cried out from the pain, and Metal Mario flashed a sadistic grin as he bounded from the ground to the wall and pounced at Raven, giving her a swift kick in the head to ensure she remained down and out. With a ‘thunk,’ he landed on the marble floor beside her dazed body. Savoring the moment, he carefully tuned his ears for signs of movement, and could make out two distinctly different sets of footsteps headed his way—one from above, and one from below, both behind him. He knew that they were the two hosts he had previously engaged, and he quickly calculated a battle strategy. He figured he had two main options—use the girl moaning on the floor as a shield, or improvise. Though the cruelty of the first choice intrigued him, he was always one to go with the impromptu approach; then again, he could always fit the two together…

He scooped the girl in the lavender hoody by the ankles and gave her a quick spin for momentum before letting fly at Cyborg, who was prepared to launch a sonic blast. He immediately halted his attack as Raven’s back came speeding at his face. In an effort to prevent her from a violent crash, he spread open his arms and managed to catch her well enough where he only slid back a few inches. She was pretty light in comparison to him, after all. In the time it took him to recuperate, Terra had ripped six tiles of marble from the floor and snapped them like shurikens at Metal Mario, who either dodged them or held out an arm to let them smash casually by. Terra’s attack was countered with a flurry of flaming balls, some of which she managed to evade, but most of which pounded her and sent her onto her back.

Cyborg had just finished placing Raven on the ground and removing the lava-like material from her arm when he realized that Metal Mario had vanished. His guard down, Cyborg was easily sent face-first into the ground as Metal Mario fist came from behind with downward thrust.

“Who’s next?” Metal Mario chuckled with sinister anticipation, dashing down the halls to where he presumed the rest remained, his clanky footsteps reverberating off the walls, floor, and ceiling in an eerie echo.

----------

Also, here's the second installment, folks:

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually, that drawing doesn't NEED touching up. It could USE some...

But Tikal doesn't need it. However, Mario and Amy (and most likely Tenoch) better come out good, since they're the three I really care about. A lot. But they're not drawn yet...

----------

Tikal and Amy had been standing guard halfway into the basement. The underground portion of this building was six stories down, and the armor that was being guarded rested in a tightly locked room on the bottom-most floor. The hall was dreary and dark, and Tikal and Amy weren’t having any fun moping about it the shadows. They would start conversations here or there that would eventually peter out. It had been about a half hour of silence between them when Tikal asked Amy a question.

“Amy…Why are you here with us?”

Amy, sitting against the wall on the opposite side of the hallway, blinked up at her groggily. Her eyelids were half-opened, and her head was bobbed slightly.

“…Whrr?” she mumbled in coherently.

Tikal smiled weakly at Amy’s barely awake face. It had to be about four in the morning, she imagined. If memory served her well, Amy was not one to pull an all-nighter.

“Why are you here?” Tikal repeated politely, realizing that Amy must’ve been on the verge of slumber. “This isn’t your responsibility—you’re not a Titan. You could be at home sleeping…”

Amy rubbed her eyes and groaned, but she had understood what Tikal had asked perfectly. Unlike Sonic, Amy could wake up quite quickly.

“I know,” she murmured with a yawn. “But I’d be alone…I don’t care if I’m not a Titan. I can help, right?” She glanced up at Tikal expectantly, her eyes slightly bloodshot.

“Well…Yes, of course,” Tikal agreed.

“We all have to get back home—together. If helping these guys out will get us home faster…”

Their ears were jolted by a sudden whirring noise, causing their hearts to skip a beat. They were relieved to know it was only the air conditioning kicking in.

“…So what are going to do…?” Tikal muttered in a pensive tone.

“About what?” Amy wondered, her brow lifted. She scratched her fingers through her pink hair for a moment, curious.

“About us,” Tikal answered simply, glancing at Amy with hopeless eyes.

Amy felt more doubt within her just by looking at Tikal’s face, and she tried to console her friend.

“Don’t worry about it,” she insisted. “We’ll get back home. I’m sure that we’ll figure it out soon.”

“Not THAT,” Tikal moaned, shaking her head and letting out a huff of air. “I meant…US…and Sonic…”

As Tikal’s words jumped into Amy’s mind, she felt her insides churn. She feared that the love triangle between her, Tikal, and Sonic would end up in a mess, so she tried to avoid conflict with Tikal when possible. Fortunately, both girls had yet to fight about the matter, and Amy hoped things would stay that way.

“…Wh-wh…” She stumbled for words for a moment, until she managed to find a sentence. “There’s nothing to do about it, Tikal—you and Sonic are…--” She let the end hang in the air, as she felt it was obvious, and part of her didn’t want to admit it.

A sigh slipped from Tikal’s lips, and she advised, “Amy, you can’t just give up like that…”

“I-I…I can’t?” Amy stammered, befuddled and eager at the thought that she still had a chance.

Tikal’s dull eyes of sapphire stared critically at Amy, piercing into her mind.

“Amy, Sonic’s confused. He doesn’t know what to do, because he doesn’t know either of us as well as he should. He knows me better because we’ve been dating here, yes, but…The only reason we are is because you weren’t here…I’m sure of that…”

Amy’s stomach was tightening into a knot the further they dove into the topic. Tikal noted by Amy’s puzzled expression that she didn’t quite understand what was trying to be told to her.

“Sonic needs to make a choice, but how can he choose when he doesn’t know what his options are?” Tikal rhetorically pressed. Amy sighed and rubbed her head drearily. It was four in the morning…she didn’t need this on her mind.

“…I…” She paused for a moment and huffed. “What ARE his options?”

Tikal laid out what she was trying to say bluntly. “Amy, Sonic likes both of us, but he needs to decide which one he likes MORE…How will he ever know that if he doesn’t give you a chance?”

There was a tense silence as Amy processed the thought within her mind. It was certainly true that Sonic had never given her a chance, yet he never completely pushed her away…

“So, what am I supposed to do?” Amy asked, baffled. “I can’t just ask him out—you two are already dating. That’s just...—” She grunted, her half-awake brain overloading.

“Amy, Sonic and I are only dating because I took advantage of the situation,” Tikal sharply informed her, guilt pouring from her expression. “You weren’t around, and because of what happened, he didn’t quite remember you, I guess…By the time our memories started to come back to us, I had already gotten attached to him, and…I’m sorry…” Tikal’s eyes were about ready to burst from her confession. “He didn’t really have a choice when we got here, because I was the only one here…I’m sorry,” she repeated, shaking her head in shame. “I shouldn’t have...—”

Amy jumped from the floor and sat beside her friend, patting her shoulder.

“It’s all right, Tikal…I would’ve done the same thing…” she admitted.

“DOWNSTAIRS, NOW!!”

The bellowing of a furious Robin shattered their moment as he stormed down the hall, heading their way. They scrambled from the floor and followed his command, brushing away their worries and tears concerning their blue-haired friend as best they could. Amy dashed alongside Robin, able to keep up easier than he would’ve expected, while Tikal soared behind them, confused.

“What’s going on?” Amy demanded. “Somebody break in?”

“It’s some-THING,” Robin grimly stated. “And I have a feeling that whoever it is, there’s more than one of ‘em. Cyborg and a couple others are distracting whoever broke it through the roof while we get everyone else to the room where the target is being held, because we know that’s where they’ll strike.” Robin madly hopped down stairs, falling down stories at a time. He’d stop at each floor to shout out to whoever was occupying it, then continue his descent, Amy proving to be just as nimble as he, which made him wonder where she had been earlier that week. Within a few seconds, he’d reached the correct floor, and had a few more tagging behind him, all eager and willing to defend the prize that Slade was trying to win.

----------

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, you know it, EP, and an interesting scene it is, if I say so myself.

There's a question, MM2002: IS Metal Mario working for Slade?

You'll have to find out yourself, now, won't you?

----------

Upon catching word of the news, Sonic had quickly zipped downstairs to the large room where the suit was being held. The trip wires were still in place around the armor, and it remained safe and sound, while Mario and Luigi stood near the entrance of the room, conversing solemnly to each other.

“Of course I haven’t told them yet,” Mario spat at his brother. “They’ve got enough things to worry about right now, like this crap here. Our situation can wait until everything’s stable, ya know?”

“Guess you’re right, Bro…But don’t you think—”

“Hey, Waddle-Dee and Waddle-Dum!” Sonic growled at them as he skidded to a halt before them. “What the **** are you doin’? Didn’t you hear? Somebody’s broken in! Keep your eyes on the merchandise, huh?”

Luigi practically jumped at Sonic’s words, while Mario casually shrugged them off, glancing effortlessly at the technology.

“Seems OK to me,” he muttered apathetically. “What are we up against?” he wondered, his interest piqued at the matter of opposition.

“I…I dunno,” Sonic fumbled out. “Robin’s spazzin’, so be ready for that.”

“What else is new?” Mario chuckled. “That guy’s string tighter than your shoe laces, Sonic,” he joked, nodding his head to the taught threads on Sonic’s stylish red footwear.

“Is he always like that?” Luigi wondered, his eyes glued to the armor and the room surrounding it. It rested within a plexiglas class, and red lasers surrounded it in a complex web, acting as its security.

“Not all the time,” Sonic shrugged. “But lately, he’s been pissed all the time.”

“Bah,” Mario dismissed. “He’s just upset because we haven’t been doin’ so hot, and with him, everything needs to be done perfect. He takes his job a little too seriously,” he explained to Luigi, who nodded pensively.

“Oh, he’s just all wound up because him and his girlfriend aren’t gettin’ along,” Sonic put in, rolling his eyes.

Mario stared at him doubtfully. “You know it’s more than that, Sonic. Besides, you’re one to talk,” he added, tipping his cap over his eyes as he awaited the group that was storming their way like a tidal wave.

“Wh--? What’s that supposed to mean?’ Sonic snapped irritably.

“Have you guys seen anything yet?” Link asked with dire expectation, cutting past Sonic into the room.

“Nah, we’re all good—for now,” Mario casually told him. “I’ve got a feeling things’ll heat up real quick, though.”

----------

“I fear we shall be roasted like Bargolean Wurtpelts…”

“Starfire, stop your complaining! We’re almost there…”

“But Sister, the ventilation is unbearable…”

The two suited thieves had been sneaking through the vents of the building with great care, but the heat had automatically turned on—it was autumn, and could get fairly chilly. The heat that blasted over their bodies was quite unbearable, indeed, though their stealth suits deterred it somewhat from broiling them. However, the noise—the consistent humming—provided ample cover for them as they neared their destination, where a congregation of Titans had congealed.

“We’re fine,” Blackfire said quietly, signaling her sibling to stop crawling with an upright palm. “Shh. Our ‘friend’ should be arriving any second to give us some time.” They had stopped near an opening in the very room they were planning on raiding. The rushing air that blew them by preventing them from hearing the Titans words in the room, and they weren’t at an angle where they could see them, either. But after about five minutes sitting quietly, they knew that something was going on.

During those five minutes of waiting, Starfire slowly slipped into a brief spell of depression. The faces of the Titans who were mere yards away pounded at her brain. They were all better off without her…Thirteen people were dead because of her selfish wishes, her jealousy…

One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.

Such a debt to owe to the great beyond. Thirteen lives, compared to her one. Thirteen souls lost and gone. She had paid some price, perhaps, but one not nearly enough to cover the amount she felt she owed.

CLANG!

The ducts reverberated with the sickening sound of a body colliding with an adjacent wall, and Starfire was brought back to the situation she was stuck in. Blackfire tugged on Starfire’s shoulder and roughly dragged her sister toward her.

“Are you ready?” she asked solemnly.

Starire nodded, and though Blackfire couldn’t see the worry in her eyes from beneath the green visor, she could feel it coming from her sister’s demeanor.

“We’ll both go out, and I’ll break the casing it’s in, then you swipe it, and we’ll head out the way we came in.” Starfire was trembling now, like a small forest animal in a cage. “Don’t worry so much,” Blackfire eased. “If anything happens, don’t worry about me—I’ll be fine. I’ll meet you outside at the roof. Got it?”

Starfire, or, ‘Red Comet,’ nodded shakily. “…Y-yes, of course,” she squeaked, doubt dripping from her lips as a grimace crawled across her face. Blackfire could see that grimace by only the tone of her voice and sighed.

“This should be a breeze, Sister,” the Black Comet assured her sister with unbridled confidence. She rubbed Starfire’s shoulder quickly for encouragement and gave her a couple of pats for good measure. “Focus,” she insisted. “It’s like arresting a robber…except…you ARE the robber…” She snickered a mischievous, sneaky snicker, and it only tightened the knot in Starfire’s intestines.

“B-but…”

“All right, here we go!” Blackfire shouted as she charged energy from her palms into the cannon around her wrist. She fired after a few seconds, and a blast of intense, red energy shot forward, zipping through the air and melting the vent instantly. As it exploded in the distance, Blackfire zipped through the new entrance to the storage room, and Starfire carefully dropped out and landed on the metal floor.

Starfire was paralyzed for a moment as she watched Robin exchange fierce blows with the metallic Mario. Using his bo, he swiped at the being with quick, clean attacks and mind-numbing variety. The foot, the pelvis, the shoulder, the eye, the pinky…But no matter where he aimed his blows, the stealthy steel being ducked, weaved, jumped, flipped, or blocked. He made it look as he could go on forever. The other Titans present were either recovering from a daze or waiting for the right time to strike.

Jolted to her senses, Starfire’s brain was bent like a pretzel when she saw ANOTHER Mario—the one she knew well—standing before the durable casing in the middle of the room, his arms spread out at his sides like a cowboy preparing to draw. Starfire could see his palms trembling as flame engulfed his fingers. As his eyes twinkled and a smirk—that classic smirk—slinked its way onto his face, Starfire suddenly realized that her sister was about to get ‘a can of the whup-***.’

During precisely the same moment this concept slapped her, she was sent to the ground with a brutally swift kick in her left ribs. She stumbled back to her feet and came to the conclusion that Sonic had just assaulted her while she wasn’t paying attention—she had left herself as a blatantly easy target to practice upon, for sure. It was like a deer walking across the lawn of a decrepit, shot-gun toting man in a rocking chair with a can of beer at his side, and just standing in front of his rickety, old porch.

Having clambered to her feet, she was faced with a decision—to fire at Sonic before he attacked her sister, or to simply let Blackfire fend for herself. Either way, someone was going to get hurt. After a second of pondering the decision, Sonic was sent tumbling to the ground when Robin’s body collided with his, and she heard her sister’s voice speak through their radio link, unheard by anyone else.

“Sister, what are you doing? Break the glass with your cannon and steal it while we keep them distracted!”

“Y-yes! Of course!” Starfire squeaked, pointing her right arm—a shaking appendage—at the casing, which housed a series of security lasers and a mysterious set of armor. It was silver, made of strips of metal plating. Starfire stood cautiously for a few moments, struggling to keep her energy under control as it built up within the device strapped to her arm. After a few seconds, she felt like her hand was going to explode from the pressure. Constantly checking to make sure no one was approaching her and keeping her quivering arm in place, she held it with the opposite hand and flicked a small switch near the gadget’s base from ‘1’ to ‘2.’ As she finally released the mighty shot, it erupted from the barrel with tremendous force, and she had to use all of her upper body strength to keep it aligned with the target. A highly concentrated beam of green energy, no thicker than a few centimeters in diameter, whizzed through the cold, musty air and into the casing. After a couple of seconds, the glass began to crack from the intense force and shattered. Glass sprayed everywhere in an explosion, leaving many to take cover. Link shielded himself with the special equipment Cyborg had helped him produce, Tikal protected herself with her mysterious abilities in a fashion similar to Raven, and Tenochtitlan twirled her bo in rapid circles and propelled the glass shards. Mario and the Black Comet ignored the impact, letting it wash over them as they had a fist fight.

Taking the spare time she had, Starfire made a dash for the target, rushing right past Mario and Blackfire as they dueled. She could feel a fireball smash into her shoulder, leaving little damage on her armor, and she snatched the armor with both arms, much to the dismay of the Titans.

“Don’t let them get away!” she could Robin scream from the other half of the room. Her heart racing, she held the armor, which was surprisingly light, to her side, hugging it like a football. She charged through the room and readied her jetpack, praying she could maneuver herself well enough to escape. As she drew closer to her exit, she grew concerned about her sister, whose clash with Mario was proving futile.

Starfire’s eyes stayed glued to her means of escape: the vent near the ceiling in the back of the room. She heard Tikal shriek in agony, followed by a sickening ‘clang.’ She heard Luigi let loose a battle cry, and a brief explosion could be heard thereafter. She could hear Amy grunting in unison with a series of ‘twangs’ and ‘shings,’ matching the metal man’s steel body with her sword skills, no doubt. She could hear a sickening crack, followed by an unidentified groan, which was shortly followed by the sound of yet another body colliding with the wall. Starfire was horrified by the sounds, but dared not to look back and see her friends in pain. In some sick way, part of her, deep inside, felt that she should turn and watch, if only to be more disheartened by the sights, because she deserved it.

Sonic was hot on her trail as she drew seconds away to her destination, and Mario had let Blackfire go to pursue her as well. She turned her head to steal a glance at Sonic’s bruised face rushing at her, and he roared, “Get back here, Rhino-girl!” as he tackled her from behind in a dive, sending her to her stomach. As he prepared to assault her with a barrage of punches, his body was swept off by a chunk of energy from Blackfire, leaving him legs-up against the wall feet away. As Blackfire advanced to help her sister escape, Mario was blocked off when his metallic self came sliding in front of him.

“’Bout time,” Mario slyly muttered as he came to a stop. He shifted his stance to that of a street-fighter and wiped sweat from underneath his nose as his body bobbed a bit, his fists at the ready.

“I like to save my favorite for last,” Metal Mario replied with sadistic glee. “Though, that hedgehog girl’s swordsmanship was a pleasant treat.”

Overhearing such dialogue gave Starfire’s brain a terrible cramp, so she ignored it and made sure the package she had been carrying was tightly secured within her hands.

“You got it?” Blackfire checked doubtfully as she sprinted onward.

“Yes,” Starfire insisted, pressing a small button on her hip to activate her jetpack. She braced herself for flight, and was rocketed into the air with tremendous stress for a second until she made a sharp turn and skidded into the air duct, scraping against the walls before turning off the device. Fortunately, she was unharmed, and the neural armor was perfectly fine.

“Get out,” Blackfire instructed calmly, her breathing slightly heavy from her running. “Don’t worry about me—just get out, I’ll be fine.” Starfire began to claw her way through the ducts, heeding her sister’s decree.

Meanwhile, Metal Mario and Mario were walking around each other in cautious circles, their arms at the draw, their stares and stances like two gunners from the old west waiting to have a shootout. Their hands glowed red as they both compressed fiery forces into their hands. The various Titans around them were either too dazed or too scared to interfere, except for Robin, who ran clear past them and flung a blue disc at the Black Comet from behind as she took to the air. It flew with ninja-like speed and accuracy, and encapsulated Blackfire’s body in ice, sending her to the ground. Robin, running at a comfortable speed, launched his grappling hook into the ceiling before him, and took off with a swing to the vent. As he soared over the Black Comet, who shattered to the ground, he pulled a few small smoke bombs from his belt and flicked them downward, drowning Blackfire in a thick, gray fog as he ascended. Rolling into the shaft, Robin doggedly followed the traces of the Red Comet. The condense chase lasted about a minute or two, until Robin came clambering out of the large vent on the rooftop. He didn’t stop to watch the frightened thief flee—with steadfast agility, he made a mad sprint for her and unleashed an outbreak of yellow frisbees that zipped through the air. One of them jolted Starfire’s right leg, while another connected with the pack on her back. Both exploded upon impact, sending the thief careening to the ground below, hundreds of feet away.

As the other bombs were set off in midair, Robin readied his grappling hook and dove from the roof to the streets below, headfirst. The vertigo he felt was an invigorating rush, his hair flapping in all directions, the only sounds heard those of air whistling by his ears and his cape rustling. He carefully aimed his hook at the corner of an apartment building nearby and fired, halfway down the building. After pulling the trigger, it gracefully flew, sinking into the stone wall with a rough bite. Robin let the directory he had set himself up for take course, swinging around the building and to the sidewalk below like a human spider might. Retracting his hook in, Robin let his feet skim the cement below, and broke into a run as soon as he had been placed on the ground. Immediately bolting for the crash site, Robin was eager and willing to send the masked culprit to jail.

A few blocks away, Starfire was moaning in pain, having just forced herself to her feet. Her head was throbbing, and she could feel pressure on her skull with every heartbeat. Holding her head in a nauseated state, she wobbled around a bit in a confused state of agony, groaning all the while. As she gradually came to, she remembered what she was doing and began to search for the item she had worked so hard to escape with. She found it on the ground a few feet away, thankfully, along with a few shattered pieces of metal of red and black. They twinkled in the light of the streetlamp above her, and they seemed familiar, but her mind was too clouded to piece it together correctly. She was blinded by a bright flash of white light—brief and intense, amplifying her headache. Shielding her face and squinting her eyes, she bent over, almost fell to her side from her dizziness, and scooped up the device that Slade had asked for. All the while, the flashes continued, and she cried out, “Please, stop,” with a whimper. Much to her relief, the bright light did, in fact, stop, for a few seconds, giving her time to limp away a few feet. Her right leg made her wince with each step, and it took a few seconds for her to remember what had happened to it. She suddenly noticed that the green veil that had once drowned every sight before her was gone, and that the growth on her forehead was a separate pain in and of itself. Different parts of her body hurt in different ways as she staggered toward an alleyway, dejected beyond belief.

It was at that very moment that Starfire wondered to herself, (Does every criminal feel this way? So desperate…so alone…so hated…?)

Tears were streaming down Starfire’s face, and she longed for the warmth of her home and the embrace of her friends. As she stood in the middle of the street, a quivering, crying, pathetic excuse for a thief, her head was about ready to explode with regret. If it had, it would’ve been a great relief, but a horrible mess. Starfire was determined to not let herself be caught by her ex-friend. No. That was not acceptable. She tripped on the curb of the sidewalk, and wasn’t quite able to catch herself on the way down. With a hopeless snivel, she pulled herself to her knees, her eyes tightly shut as she concentrated hard to block the pain out. Her hands squeezed the metallic abdomen fiercely and instinctively as her brain locked up.

She remembered the last time she had been embraced by Raven. She remembered sitting on a Ferris wheel with Robin at her side. She remembered all of her friends, their grinning faces, and how things were a week before. She kept spraying her mind with thoughts of her recent past and peppering it all with Raven’s face, hoping to dilute the anger, confusion, and self-hatred.

Slowly, the pain seemed to disappear, and she felt as if she was gently soaring through the clouds. However, unlike most people, Starfire actually knew what this physically felt like, and as she opened her eyes, she realized that it was true—she was far, far above Jump City, unable to pinpoint exactly where she had been before. The bitter-cold mist of the clouds she drifted too ensured that her trembling continued, but she’d rather be chilled than be spotted. She wasn’t entirely sure where she was going, nor did she care.

(I hope my sister…and my friends…are all right…)

----------

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Great update. For a moment I thought Starfire would be caught by Robin until the last part. Are they going to leave Blackfire frozen there or are they going to question her?

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Um, well, Blackfire was frozen by the time Robin left. If you read, you'll see that the ice shattered, and Robin flung some smoke bombs at her to prevent her from following.

I'm gonna wait 'til I hear from another person or to go on. There's still some interesting stuff left.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, don't worry. We get to see LOTS of stress in the next Chapter (when I bother to write it).

Here's some more:

----------

“Ohhhh…” Amy groaned, leaned against the wall beside the entrance, her head bobbed down. Her palm was loosely massaging her forehead, which hadn’t experienced such pain in a while. She wasn’t quite used to being knocked around like this, at least, not recently, but that wasn’t going to stop her. Now that her head was aching, she was even more pissed than she had been before. She couldn’t deny the pleasure she had swinging her sword. She didn’t bother being amazed by her own abilities—she just fought. Grasping the hilt between her hand put her right at home, for some reason. “That ****head is ****ing dead…” she growled, much to Luigi’s surprise. Having regained enough balance to stand up, Amy took a deep breath and tightened her grip on her thin sword.

Luigi, holding an arm against the wall to help ease him to his feet, grabbed Amy by the shoulder and warned her, “You’d better stay out for a round.”

Amy blew some disheveled bangs from her eyes and glared at him, her emerald eyes twinkling with tenacity.

“Just...Let my brother have a chance, huh?” Luigi muttered, wishing for her well-being. “You got a shot before, right?”

Amy sighed and dropped her arm to her side, suddenly aware of how tired it was.

“Fine,” she mumbled calmly, keeping her gaze locked on the fight before her.

Moments after Amy’s reluctant surrender, the mysterious black girl had flew through the same tunnel that Robin had crawled into, and the two Marios were just about ready to fire things up.

“Who is he, anyway?” Amy wondered, wiping blood and sweat from her forehead and cringing as she realized how much there was.

“He’s…Metal Mario,” Luigi answered simply, not quite positive himself.

“…I figured that out, *******,” Amy grunted irritably, poking at a nasty bruise on her shin as she sat back down.

Something about the way these two capped warriors constantly glared at each other gave all the other Titans present the jibblies. The jibblies, of course, are a variety of goose bumps, only they cause your entire body to be stand up on end instead of just your skin. The group was paralyzed by the mystical aura that sparked between the two, and by the time their battle started, they couldn’t move an inch.

It all started in the blink of an eye as Metal Mario’s hand, dripping from the heat within his palm, was flicked up, his index finger pointing at his foe like a gun. Mario took quick action and did the same, and an exchange of shots took place, filling the air with the shocking sound of gunfire. A total of eight shots were fired, but the two had immediately rolled or jumped away from the other to avoid getting plugged full of…fire. Flaming red streaks filled the air for the few seconds that they blasted away, and the bullet trails flew dangerously close to either of them.

There were cries of surprise, and Amy screamed out, “HOLY****HOLY****!” as she felt the intense heat of one of the bullets caress the side of her head. Stumbling away from the bullet, petrified and angry, Amy watched as Luigi inspected the smoldering spot in the wall. A glowing bullet of bright red was embedded into the steel wall, and was slowly melting the metal around it.

Having expended their rounds, the two foes, now solidly locked into combat, eagerly craved some melee blows. With movements as fluid as fluid itself, they whipped heir fists and feet at one-another, trading blows with blocks and dodges. A roundhouse kick was ducked and countered by a sweep, which was flipped over and retaliated with an upward swipe of the legs in mid-air, which was sidestepped. What would later be described by Beastboy as ‘friggin’-wicked-sweet-awesome’ continued for about thirty seconds, their limbs flying around like a scene from a good kung-fu movie to the third power. Quick and clean, their blows were executed with finesse that surprised those watching—some of them, anyway.

Booming footsteps could be heard slinking down the hallway outside toward them, so Luigi walked out to see Cyborg, Terra, and Raven. Cyborg’s brows hung over his eyes with vengeful grit, but Luigi shook his head and held out his palms in warning.

“Guys, wait a minute. My brother’s got things under control—someone else came in and escaped with the armor, so Robin took off.”

Cyborg nodded and pulled up his arm to inspect Robin’s whereabouts.

“Got it.” He turned to Raven and said solemnly with dull eyes, “Let’s go.” The two veteran Titans left, leaving Terra to poke her head into the room and join the spectators.

“Whoa,” she meekly muttered as she watched the conflict erupt before her very eyes.

Mario had finished their melee spat by jumping at Metal Mario’s head and kicking himself off, bounding into the air behind him. Metal Mario growled and whirled around, straightening his silver cap and he sprinted for his adversary, who was bolting right into a wall. The steel being, who Mario watched closely, even as he ran, pointed his fist out and launched a barrage of fireballs into the air, each one as big as his hand. Mario easily zig-zagged to let the flames crash into the wall before him, leaving partially melted craters in its surface. A second or two following the fizzing sounds of fire against metal, Mario’s feet shifted to a vertical dash as he scuttled straight up, each step propelling him higher. Metal Mario followed suit, hot on his trail. The Titans were baffled by the sight—two Marios, both running up a wall. But what was truly baffling about it was the fact that they didn’t stop at the top. They didn’t jump back off the wall and land on the ground—they kept running, right onto the ceiling. There was a dumfounded awe shared by all in attendance as the rivalry was taken to the ceiling, where they both ran as casually as they would on solid ground. About halfway across the room, upside down, Mario skidded to a stop and spun round, dropping—or rising, technically—to sweep Metal Mario’s feet from the ‘floor’ with a quick rotation of his legs, keeping his hands stuck to the ground—or rather, the ceiling—as he did so. The metal man, who was only screeching to a stop (literally), was tripped by the simple maneuver, and came falling to the ground, catching himself with his hands. No sooner had he landed and righted himself did Mario launch from the ceiling, heading like a rocket to the ground, his right fist glowing red as he reeled it back to strike.

Metal Mario didn’t have quite enough time to react, and his head was blasted by a fierce punch as Mario used his momentum to slam the silver creature into the ground. Mario had somersaulted using the motion of his punch, his feet landing on Metal Mario’s back to give him a good platform to land on. He back-flipped lightly off his foes back, shooting a few of his own fireballs as he did so, each one rushing with ravenous speed and power into Metal Mario’s back. As he landed, sliding along the floor slightly, there was a brief scratching noise of his boots against the steel ground, then silence as he waited for his adversary to rise.

“You’re a bit out of practice,” Mario noted, a tinge of disappointment in his sly remark. “Shame. I didn’t think I’d let myself slack off.”

Metal Mario rolled his head around on his neck once, cracked his knuckles, and straightened his cap.

“Guess this part of us likes to cut corners,” he muttered in amusement. By this time, Mario had already pierced the air with a sharp clap, proceeded to press his palms into the ground. The room was drowned in clean, white light for a couple seconds, and when it had all cleared, Mario stood with his destruction-bound smirk, toting a silver-colored hammer of metal over his shoulder, its head a little bigger than his own.

Amy, a little off in the distance, clenched his fist before her and muttered with satisfaction, “Yes! Hammers rule.” She was standing up now, cheering on Mario silently, inspired by the fight before her.

“Well,” Metal Mario chuckled, swing his right arm in a quick motion. In the short time it flew through the air, it shifted shape, and part of his arm became a thick blade. “You HAVE been practicing. But why not a sword?”

“Haven’t taught myself how to properly use one yet,” he admitted. “So I’ll stick with what I know, for now.”

A few of the Titans were itching to pounce on Mario’s foe, but something compelled them to stay precisely where they were as the hammer and the blade bounced off of each other in a jaw-dropping ballet of melee.

----------

Robin stared carefully at the small crater in the pavement for a few moments, but couldn’t deduce much from it, aside from the blatantly obvious—something had recently smashed into the ground. He cautiously inspected the nearby scene, and immediately caught the glimmer of a collection of metallic shards sprayed about in a radius around the site of impact.

He quickly concluded from the evidence that the assailant had landed face-first, and their mask had shattered. He also knew that whoever they were, they had managed to take such a blow better than most would, and had already escaped. There wasn’t much of a point in trying for footprints without any equipment, as there were simply too many around. Noticing a shifty man in a trench-coat leaning against a streetlamp on the sidewalk behind him, Robin inquired the man, who was reviewing a small notepad in his hands.

“Excuse me. Sir?”

The oddball didn’t reveal his eyes, keeping them hidden from beneath his brown, tipped hat.

“Did you see anything suspicious here a few minutes ago?”

The man, who was puffing at a cigar, tapped some ashes of its tip and muttered, “It’s my job to see suspicious things, kid.”

“Did you see something or not?” Robin pressed firmly, not in the mood for games. In his impatience, he gripped the man’s shoulders and slammed him into the bar. Though the man wasn’t shaken by this action, he spoke.

“I saw some…THING…crash right there in the street.”

“What did it look like?” Robin inquired rigidly.

“Had a crooked horn growin’ out of its head…Pointy ears…”

“Where did they go?” Robin questioned calmly, loosening his grip. The man took his chance and shoved the Titan off of him brusquely. After dusting his arms, he shrugged his head to a dark alley across the road.

“They went that way,” he mumbled. “Last I seen of ‘em.”

Something about this guy disabled Robin from feeling guilty for roughing him up a bit. Robin couldn’t place it, but the man freaked him out, sending goose bumps down his spine. Without giving the mysterious man a ‘thank-you,’ Robin darted for the alleyway, hoping to follow a trail to the culprit; however, his options quickly ran out. Though there were signs that someone had recently been there, they seemed to stop abruptly. It was as if the person had just…vanished. Perturbed beyond words, Robin knew that they had failed, and wondered what he was going to have to deal with in a few hours.

----------

The next update will be the finale of the Chapter.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, well...I guess you'll just have to figure things out yourself.

----------

“Where are we going with this?” Mario asked, having just thrown his opponent back with a heavy slam to the gut. The thundering clang of his hammer against his adversary’s body jolted the entire room, rumbling eardrums. “Why are you here?”

“You KNOW why I’m here…” Metal Mario growled. “The same reason you are.”

“Why are you HERE?” Mario repeated, stressing to ensure the meaning got through. “Why in this building--right now? What do ya want?”

Metal Mario scratched at his sideburn and grumbled, “You haven’t figured it out? What do you THINK I want?”

“…” Mario knew the answer, but he was curious as to whether there something extra attached to it.

“You’re a little outnumbered…” Mario noted, tempering his hammer’s chipped edges with his alchemic abilities.

“Ha!” Metal Mario laughed, finding the comment to be a crude joke. “That hasn’t stopped me thus far…I’ll just have to go one at a time, hm?” He scanned the room for a victim, his colorless eyes twinkling devilishly.

While his back was turned from her, Amy, who had grown rather impatient and very sick of watching, bolted toward Metal Mario, her sword at the ready to slice at his neck. However, Metal Mario didn’t need to see or hear her coming to feel it, and he flipped sideways through the air in her direction, flying over her head as she swung where he had just been standing—a clean, majestic sweep through the air. As he came back down, he grabbed both of her wrists with his icy hands and swung into her back, slamming her face-first into the ground. Crushing her back with one foot, he dropped her free hand to the ground, pinning it down with his other boot. Before she could react, he sunk his fingers into her hair and pulled her head up, forcing her own sword to her throat. This all happened within the span of a couple of seconds, leaving Mario inches away, at the ready to strike, but knowing what a mistake it could prove to be.

The tense air in the room had thickened in the blink of an eye, and everyone was paralyzed by the situation.

(****!) Amy roared at herself within her mind. (Nice, you ****ing IDIOT!) She couldn’t say a word, though, her eyes watering from the pain of being crushed by the heavy weight upon her and having her hair about to be ripped from her skull. Her tightly squinted eyes were dripping wet, and she whimpered in agony, her teeth clenched. She realized that if she so much as swallowed the wrong way, she’d be bleeding, based on the pressure of the blade against her neck. Her body trembled uncontrollably, and Metal Mario chuckled sinisterly at her desperation.

Mario glared at his satisfaction with disgust, sweat dripping down his face as he stood feet away, a flaming ball in his fist.

“Ya know, I’d really hate to clip such a pretty little rose,” he sneered, his tone peppered with threat. “But if I have to, I’ll cut this little wildflower to get a bouquet.”

He stared at Mario expectantly, awaiting the capped-crusader’s choice. He slowly dropped his arm, the fire dissipating.

“You *******…” Mario growled. “You’ve reached a new low, you know that?”

“Desperate times call for desperate measures, my friend.”

Mario glanced about the room at all the wide-eyed faces for a few moments, a blanket of frigid silence covering every body. He could see Sonic twitching, just dying to fly in and pulverize the guy, but he warned Sonic with a solid stare and a slight shake of the head, trying to settle him down. As he turned to his brother, whose expression was solemn and contrite, he received a nod.

“So what’ll it be, partner?” Metal Mario asked, holding his position. Mario watched Amy struggle to keep the pain from getting the best of her, and seemed to be succeeding, for the moment.

“We’re not partners,” he grimly corrected, looking back up.

“Is that so…?” Metal Mario snickered, letting the subject go. He shook his head. “I really don’t see why you’re making such a hassle of this. So what if I kill this girl?” He jerked her head around a bit, and she cried out in surprise and fear, grateful that her neck was still intact. “You know just as well as I what would happen, don’t you?”

Mario nodded in dire agreement, his hands twitching.

“She’d turn out just fine,” Metal Mario laughed. “A bit…disoriented, perhaps…” he added with a touch of twisted humor. “A little more…sedated, maybe…”

“Shut up,” Mario snapped bitterly. “Playtime’s over. What do you want?”

“What I want?” Metal Mario checked. “Or what WE want? If I had it my way, I’d have chopped this fragile little head off some time ago. But, you see, that wouldn’t fly too well back at HQ, unless I had something to show for it.” He nodded thoughtfully for a moment and boldly declared, “I think the real question here is what YOU want…”

“What are you saying?” asked Mario cautiously. “You tryin’ to strike a deal with me? That it?”

Metal Mario tilted his head to the side, his eyelids half closed and his brows raised. “There’s an idea…”

Mario’s fists were quaking in frustration. “**** any ‘ideas’ you’ve got,” he dismissed bluntly, his brows furrowed. He shot a quick glance at Luigi, who had a gritty expression, his hands glowing neon green.

Before any more dialogue could be exchanged, Metal Mario caught sight of a blue blur rushing at him from his left, and took immediate action, dropping Amy’s head and shooting a rapid-fire series of molten metal orbs at the spiky-haired teen. Amy felt the blade cut her neck slightly, and she forced her neck up as far as she could muster. The sword, which was still in her own hand, though firmly squeezed inside a metallic one, began to sink, much to her relief, and as Sonic came skidding face-first into the floor, Mario nailed his metal counterpart in the head and pried Amy’s light body from underneath in a fierce jerk, causing him to stumble over on his back. He nimbly rebounded to his feet, eager to strike Mario while he had Amy slung over his shoulder, but was caught off guard as Luigi sent a stream of green electricity through the ground and into his feet. The charge shot up through his body, causing him to jolt erratically for a second of two. In that single moment, every Titan in the room took arms against the bizarre being before them. As a flurry of blows was dealt, Mario leaned Amy against a wall.

The girl coughed violently a couple times, holding her neck with her hand as blood trickled out. No sooner had she been set down on the ground did she feel a sharp slap hit her in the back of the head. She flinched violently, thoroughly shaken by the event that had just occurred. Upon realizing that Mario had just smacked her upside the head, her hoarse voice hissed out indignantly, “What the hell?!”

“You’re ****ed RIGHT, ‘what the hell!’” Mario growled at her, his eyes burning with anger. She couldn’t remember having ever seen him with such fury in his eyes. “What the hell were you THINKING?” he ‘corrected.’ “That was ****in’ stupidity, you know that?”

Amy wasn’t settling on shutting up and taking the harassment, as much as she agreed that her actions were foolish, so she defended herself with a harsh tone.

“I don’t need you telling me—”

“I don’t need you getting KILLED!” Mario snarled, ignoring the violence behind him, his tone much harsher than hers. “Don’t you EVER do something that ****ing STUPID again!” he roared. Despite her fierce eyes and sour frown, she cringed with every syllable he stressed. “You got it?”

“Yea!” she barked back in an edgy croak.

Mario sighed as he noticed the continuing stream of blood that dribbled through her fingers and down her neck. She was still shaking wildly, as if her whole body had been in an freezer. Her cheeks were wet, her eyes glazed, her puffy hair was wildly scruffy, and her clothes had traces of blood on them from various cuts and bruises she had collected. That wasn’t to say that her fellows looked much better, of course.

Metal Mario’s duel with his polar opposite, combined with the ambush he had just experienced, left him lacking the strength required to defend himself properly, and he fled the room within a minute or two. He’d have to regroup and recalculate his strategy. He still had some trump cards up his sleeve, and was sure that he had the time to pull them out. It was all a matter of when and where, but he was certainly not giving up yet. Mario knew this, and had concluded long ago that getting rid of his opposite self would prove to be as easy as getting rid of his own shadow.

----------

Starfire had been soaring for a couple of minutes, merely wandering through the skies in a daze, when bright blue flashes of light came from beneath the clouds. They were distinctly familiar—she linked them to Cyborg’s sonic cannon. She couldn’t help but wonder why Cyborg would be--…

In a quick decision, she steered around and headed for the lights, staying safely within the misty clouds. She searched in desperation for her sibling, who she was sure was heading up. Starfire suddenly remembered that the two had a tracking system built into their suits so they could locate each other, so she lefted up her left arm and pressed a small button on the underside to reveal a tiny screen with a radar. There was a red dot in the middle, and a faint purple dot that was gradually growing fuller in color. Based on her readings, Starfire came to the conclusion that Blackfire wasn’t very far off, and decided to stay within the copious cover of the dense clouds and wait for the Black Comet to find her.

A minute and a half passed, and, sure enough, the silhouette of Blackfire was speeding through the dark clouds, cutting through them with brisk impatience.

“GO!” she bellowed, and Starfire sprung into action in response, rushing as fast as she could away from where Blackfire had entered. Thirty solid seconds of breakneck flight passed, the freezing vapors splitting as Starfire dashed through them. Icy droplets stuck to her face and wet her hair. They stung at her eyes, though she squinted them to prevent this with some success. Slowing to a stop, she paused for a few seconds, and Blackfire emerged from the thick condensation behind her.

“You have it, right?” Blackfire checked, though Star still only heard this through the small radio piece lodged in her left ear. She nodded, and presented the soaking wet armor. “All right.” Blackfire’s serious tone simmered into content relief. “Good job, Sister.” As the two popped out above the clouds, the mystical moonlight bathed them, and all they could see was the stars above, and clouds and ocean below. Blackfire removed her mask and toted it along in her underarm as they drifted in the cold air, the sun peaking up over the horizon.

Blackfire suddenly noticed that her sister had small amounts of blood dripping from her forehead, but it seemed to have been frozen by the nippy air. It originated from the base of the horn on her head, which, to Blackfire’s surprise, was slightly bent. She immediately closed in to inspect it, a gasp spilling out.

“What happened?” she demanded in shock.

“…Nothing…”

Starfire let her sister gently probe her head to make sure that she was all right. She carefully wiggled the horn a bit, which seemed oddly loose, but Starfire didn’t make a sound.

“That doesn’t hurt…?” the Black sister asked, confused.

“…No…” the Red sister replied dully.

Leaving the oddity alone, Blackfire noticed that the rocket pack, as well as Star’s mask, were missing, and she pieced things together.

“You crashed, didn’t you?” she murmured with regret. She came out this mess perfectly fine, but she had been deadest on seeing her little sister do the same. Disappointed with herself, Blackfire felt her guts shrivel up with guilt, a feeling she didn’t have all too often. “But you’re all right?” she double-checked.

“I’m fine,” the hostile thief insisted

“I’m sorry,” Blackfire quickly mumbled, tossing the words out as fast and painlessly as possible. “I thought you’d make it out OK…”

“No, I did not...” Starfire informed firmly. With a dark tone, she added, “Because Robin is more determined to catch criminals than he is to help his friends.”

Blackfire had a good hunch that she shouldn’t remark, because she hadn’t seen her sister possess such a grim fury ever since they had parted ways on Earth.

“This is a bad habit that must be broken…” Starfire decided with resolute confidence. “Not all criminals are the same, and I do not think Robin realizes this…Some must be treated with mercy, while others must be punished severely…But Robin does not ponder this: to him, a criminal is a criminal, no matter what their purpose may be.”

Starfire left the conversation at that, wet brows furrowed, her soaked hair flapping in the whistling air, her emerald eyes admitting defeat, but determined to fight again. She completely ignored the frightened look on her sibling's face. Blackfire was unnerved by the tenacious words she was hearing.
(I must break this habit of his…before it destroys both of us...)

~[<+--\-<*>-/--+>]~
End Transmission {\+<--/-<*>-\-->+/}

Lightning Snake

Smash Apprentice
Inside a giant pie. Or the UK, whichever sounds mo
Hmm... An interesting twist. Of course, Destiny Smasher, you do those all the time. Which is why this is so great. On the actual update's exact content, Starfire is commiting these crimes for a good, and yet Robin sees her as any other criminal, be they merely a criminal or a villian.(Fairly ironic, considering the events of "apprentice".) So who's in the wrong REALLY? Starfire? or Robin?

Dr. Sloth

Smash Lord
In my secret base, in a secret location, plotting
"So who's in the wrong REALLY? Starfire? or Robin?"

In my opinion, neither. I think both Robin and Starfire are innocent in this matter; they were simply thrown into this battle with little time to prepare, both physically and emotionally.

As for the Metal Mario section... Hmm... This may sound odd. Although i'm a big fan of Amy, I did feel a sense of satisfaction when Mario's alloy counterpart nearly sliced her throat with her own weapon. Why? Well, let me put it this way: Amy learned a valueble lesson from the experience, apparent by Mario's outburst of anger towards her actions. No doubt, the aftermath of this battle will make her much stronger as a person.

"Mario knew this, and had concluded long ago that getting rid of his opposite self would prove to be as easy as getting rid of his own shadow."

Is is really that easy, Mario? Is it? :evil:

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Um...EP, you DID catch on to the concept of how that comment meant it would be DIFFUCLT to get rid of Metal Mario, right...?

Last time I checked, it's rather difficult to get rid of your shadow, now, isn't it?

The theme of criminal/villain/hero gets turned up a notch rather quickly.

As far as who's in the right, and who's in thw wrong...

Both of them have made foolish decisions, but both of them have REASONS for those decisions.

But I'll just let the story speak for itself.

Here's the first scene of the next Chapter--you better notice a difference in writing style.

<-{--[ Begin Transmission ]--}-> The Destinia Saga... Winds of Fate: The X Factor Chapter 17- Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Dead. Dark. Quiet. Frightfully quiet. It was ten in the morning, and the tower felt like a morgue—bodies resting in peace in their coffins throughout. After a frustrating defeat, the Titans had slunk back to their home, defeated, dejected, and aching. The aching part was emphasized, as Metal Mario had proved to be quite a tricky opponent, being Mario’s polar opposite and all. Everyone had turned out fine, which was a relief—well, fine being defined as ‘not dead,’ anyway. The more Raven dwelled on the matter, the higher her regret rose—Amy could’ve been killed, and she could’ve stopped it. Mario had assured her that there was nothing she could have done, but she wasn’t so sure she believed him. What did he know, anyway? He was some pizza waiter…that happened to be able to move like a ninja…and shoot fire from his hands…and, well, jump stories high in a single bound…OK, so he was a superhero, too. And, well, sure, MAYBE he just happened to understand this villain a little better than she did. But that still didn’t give him the right to tell her she couldn’t have helped. Had Raven seen Mario running around on the ceiling, shooting flaming bullets from his fingers, and swinging his fists and feet with a furious wrath unmatched by any of the other Titans within the tower, Raven might not have thought this way. However, she HADN’T seen those things. So, she was allowed to have her biased opinion, one could conclude.

Robin certainly seemed to have his own opinion on things lately, and expressed it with blatant disregard to anyone else’s feelings. At least, that’s how Raven felt about it, being a teenager with just as many hormonal imbalances as he, if not more. Superpowers plus adolescent hormones equaled an emotionally unstable explosion waiting to happen. Raven was a little worried that all of this unhinged tension would soon crumble the tower apart from the base. Crumble wasn’t the right word, though—more like...spontaneously combust. Much better. Then again, it didn’t matter how it was phrased—if something wasn’t done, the team could be proper ****ed, from the inside out. With adamant resolve, Raven was determined to do one of two things today: force Robin and Starfire to sit and discuss their differences, whether she had to duct tape them to chairs or not, OR, just do things the old-fashioned way by taking Robin outside and beating the **** out of him. Perhaps the second approach was a bit too forthright? Nah. He deserved it.

Eager to open a can of whup-*** on her own leader, Raven had started the day before anyone else had, her stomach growling for breakfast, and her rebellious attitude seeking some relief. She had decided to do what she always liked to do in the morning: drift through the tower in a drowsy stupor and fetch the mail.

SOMONE had to wake up at a decent hour if they going to pass themselves off as a team of superheroes, right? Of course! How could you pass yourself off as a team of crime-busting icons if everyone slept in? Did Batman sleep in? Um, NO, he didn’t. That was one thing that made him Batman. Then again…he was…BATMAN…and they were…TEENAGERS…Hmm…No, no. Someone still had to wake up before noon, at least, if only to make tax-payers happy. Raven had decided that she could do without some sleep today, anyway—it wasn’t all it was cracked up to be, especially since she wasn’t able to get much of it that night. Something had kept jabbing at her brain like a little kid constantly asking her questions. Only, they weren’t questions like, “Where do babies come from?” or “How does Santa get around the world so fast?” No, no…They were questions like, “Why is Robin being such an *******?” “How have I changed so much?” “Why has STARFIRE changed so much?” “What can I do to end this ****?” But there was one that sort of lay entrenched in the back of her head all night, like some stubborn, old dog—it’d stay hidden in its doghouse, come out, crap, and go back in. Yea, that’s what it felt like—having dog crap dumped in her cerebral cortex every here and there. And this wasn’t any dog crap, either. We’re talkin’ about a friggin’ Great Dane dump. Mm-hm. And every foot-tall dump in her head, sprawled across her brain like a minefield now, had a question written on it: “What if Starfire leaves?”

Over and over and over and over, and a few extra times, for good measure, she asked herself that question. It kept coming back and back, for reasons she couldn’t determine, but she’d always ignore it, if only because she really didn’t want to answer that question. Nope. Wasn’t gonna even ponder the possibility, because Starfire would never be that stupid. Getting plastered on one-hundred-proof berry juice from another planet, stalking around in one of Raven’s cloaks, and muttering insults in drunken Tamaranian…She could distinctly remember her saying something that sounded vaguely like, “Tomato-crank-blogged-the-frothy-worm,” but…Anyway, Starfire would never do something like that.

And, you know, it was the ****edest thing: she HAD.

And Raven would never, in a million years, smile at will, express her emotions openly, get jealous over a boy, apologize for getting jealous over a boy, get her hair braided, let an absent-minded girl read her books, wear a lavender hoodie and blue sneakers, cry openly in front of her roommates, or show so much concern for the well-being of her friends. And she would certainly not let them know how much she appreciated them.

Heheh. Yea, ****edest thing: she HAD.

So, with questions crawling around her brain and burrowing tunnels in it like ants, she journeyed forth to retrieve yonder post. The newspaper would help her flex that brain into doing something besides worrying. Yea, it’d get a nice, good ol’ workout doing bench-presses with the word search and pull-ups on a crossword puzzle.

After a while of drifting through the bleak, dreary hallway, Raven was growing nervous from all the silence. It wasn’t natural—not in this place. This deadly silence reminded her of her past, and she avoided that like a plague, which, more or less, it was. This eerie tranquility reminded her of who she used to be, and who she didn’t want to be anymore—floating around in nothingness to erase her emotions. It was like a nightmare she just couldn’t shake off. Reaching the front door of the tower, Raven was relieved that her mind could be averted to different matters. The mail: that would clear her head, refresh her mood, and give her something to distract her doubt. If her brain was, in fact, like some old dog, then the newspaper would be like a big, juicy steak for it.

Raven finally reached the defining moment of her journey: the mailbox. Only, it wasn’t really a box, per say, but more like a compartment in front of the building. Letters and the like were sent through an intricate tubing system that ran from a local post office to this small area embedded in the front wall of the tower. Not only did this take away the long walk up the ‘driveway’ to the mailbox, it saved a mailman one hell of a trip. Ah, laziness—what was federal funding for?

Like a zombie, Raven scooped up the mail that had arrived earlier that morning, clawing at it with sluggish motions. Wow. She didn’t realize she was this tired. Grr. Geh. Come on…There we go. Dumb fingers, they didn’t want to exert the pathetic force required to pick up the cursed paper, but she managed. Sure, sure, powers, magic, blabla—but she had to stop using them all the time, or she’d have her limbs lost from atrophy.

There wasn’t much that morning: two letters, and the newspaper. But, oh, the newspaper! Yum. Crossword puzzles, here she came. With a small cup of tea levitating beside her (it had been following her like a little kitten), she held the mail in her underarm and rubbed sand from her eyes as she plopped down at a coffee table nearby, settling into the slightly uncomfortable chair of gray. Couldn’t they afford better chairs? They had this complex system for sending mail, but their chairs sucked royal. What the hell? And ****, was she in the mood for cursing up a storm this morning. That didn’t happen too much, did it? Oh, ****, what did she care? She was pissed, and that was all there to it. Getting two hours of sleep out of fourty-eight…not so good. Gah, maybe that was over exaggerating a little…OK, OK, it was more like six out of forty-eight. STILL…that was just…not so good at all.

She used her powers to slowly set the objects she had carried on the table before her, giving her the opportunity to stretch and yawn a lion’s yawn. Whoa, was she tired. Why was she out of bed, again? Oh, right…Because for some ****ed reason, she’d decided to be ‘noble’ and wake up before everyone else. She wasn’t even sure if she’d be able to make breakfast properly, especially in such a lethargic state. Ah, screw breakfast. She’d let Cyborg or Luigi do that. Besides, she wasn’t a terribly good chef as it was. That, and she was way too grouchy to eat.

The first of the two letters was from none other than Bruce Wayne, the wealthy man that owned the building the Titans had tried to keep secure the night before. Bruce Wayne…had they met? No, she didn’t recall meeting him in person. But ****, was he cute. He had ripped arms, and strong, adept hands, not to mention his marvelous chin and intense eyes. Whoo! Chills just thinking about that—yea, waking up a little bit now.

But, Raven wasn’t sure whether she should open this letter or not for the moment, and quickly decided that Robin would throw some kind of fit if she did. Sure, it’d be a serious, solemn fit, but she didn’t want to deal with it right now, because she’d probably kick him in the crotch. The second letter, however, had no return address on it, and Raven found this quite suspicious. Curiosity took over, and she concluded that waking up at this unholy hour entitled her to open it. Of course it did. She had to get SOMETHING out of thus crappy deal. Now all she had to do was get the letter out of the envelope.

Uuugghhh…

Yep. Any second now…yea. Gonna just…open the letter, and get on with the day. Uh-huh. Yea. All right. Here we go…

(Why am I awake, again? Like, right now? Why? How did I get forced into this? And why do I continue to stay awake?)

She shouldn’t be using her powers so much, because she really needed some more physical exercise these days. But, ****, did she not give a crap about that at ALL anymore. Waving her arm with what little energy was in it, she ripped the envelope open with her powers, causing a flash of light to engulf the paper as it was neatly torn. A small note floated out with grace, and Raven grasped it in her hands as she scanned the typed words.

“We’re watching you.”

That was it. That was all it said. Something about those three simple words gave Raven a terrible chill that rushed down her spine. Well, she was awake, now, for sure. Disturbed—very disturbed—but awake. She dropped the letter to the small coffee table as if it were infected, and stared at it for a few seconds. Dirty, nasty, infected paper, it was, and if she stared at it any longer, she’d start to think horrible thoughts of snipers sitting upon the structures of the big bridge that passed over the bay behind their tower, aiming their rifles at their heads. They’d walk outside, then BLAM! Her mind now unstable and uneasy, she grabbed the newspaper, now hoping to drown the unnerving tingling sensation in her head that had replaced the shaky doubt. Groping for the paper, she groaned, and decided to do things the lazy way yet again. It wasn’t even a decision at this point, so much as an instinct. The sharp-colored, crisp set of papers hovered before her, a thin layer of white encasing it. The paper unfolded itself neatly, revealing the front.

Raven stared at the first page for a few moments with wide eyes, immediately captured by the headline: “Mutant Thief Outsmarts Titans.” She had quickly jumped from the words to the photograph printed below it, as that was the thing that really caught her attention. This wasn’t a steak to feed that old dog in her brain—this was a friggin’ dog catcher, only he used a shotgun instead of a net. She couldn’t remove her gaze from that photo, captivated by the raw image of desperation it portrayed. It didn’t make any sense…No. That wasn’t right. Of course it wasn’t right. It was impossible. Yes. That couldn’t be Starfire, because Starfire was upstairs in her room, and she had been there all night, and the entire day before that…Right?

****edest thing…

The newspaper flew through the stiff morning air, falling apart as it drifted to the floor in a disheveled pile of black and white.

----------

Dr. Sloth

Smash Lord
"Um...EP, you DID catch on to the concept of how that comment meant it would be DIFFUCLT to get rid of Metal Mario, right...?"

I KNOW that. I was being sarcastic, which was indicated by the evil smiley I placed at the end of the message. :evil:

As for this update, I definitely noticed a change in writing style. It felt like the story was being told through Raven's perspective, her every thought being put into words. I'm positive that that's the case.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I'm back.

And I admit I haven't kept up with this too well. I'm a bit flustered to seek all the parts of the story out, and I promise I'll read it (although I seriously wish the whole story wasposted together so I wouldn't have to wade through a whole lot of useless pages...). I've been busy with my own fic...

Which is by the way, completed. Season 1, anyway. I'm hoping Season 2 will have more attention and success than Season 1 did.

I read the main Quest For Destiny on FF.net. Weren't you gonna put Kingdom Hearts in your story somehow?

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
LOL. Thanks for adding two extra replies to my thread, Kuja. And you'd better not feel bad about not reading this, as I told you I'd read your fic, and have hardly done that. *slaps self on head*

EP, you're right concerning the style. I'm trying to write feeling without being so BLA and saying 'this person felt this.'

I hope its working, and, if anything, the writing feels higher in quality.

Here's the last of what I've written so far. I like how this one turned out.

----------

Dead. Dark. Quiet. Frightfully quiet. That’s what the tower had been for some time, until Raven came tearing through walls like a missile, murmuring words inaudible to those around her. Upon hearing the conversation she had with herself, most would question her social skills and deem her unfit to live a ‘normal’ life. During the course of the thirty seconds it took the Titan to rocket herself from the front door of the tower to Starfire’s bedroom, she rambled to herself constantly. The word ‘no’ seemed to pop up dreadfully often in this exchange of dialogue. It wasn’t so much of an exchange of words—rather, it was a petrified release. The phrase ‘she wouldn’t’ was moaned rather often, as well, but ‘no’ was most definitely the favorite.

“No…No, no, no…She wouldn’t…No. How could she? WHY? No, no, she WOULDN’T…”

The words, packed with dissatisfaction, seemed to keep coming and coming, like an automated assembly line processing cheese. There was no thought put into them—they just came flying out with by bizarre, mechanical instinct as Raven struggled to rationalize the events that had transpired the day before. Clicking all the pieces together was incredibly difficult when some pieces were missing—making sense of the incomplete puzzle was even more tedious. Like a computer scanning for files that weren’t on its hard drive, Raven kept trying to explain to herself what had happened and why.

Scanning drive for required files: System error.

The process repeated itself a seemingly infinite number of times over those thirty seconds, which was quite feasible when taking into consideration the fact that the average brain can make millions of calculations within that time span. And then, in the instant when she reached Starfire’s door, everything finally froze up.

File does not exist.

It took a few seconds, but Raven managed to convince herself that there was an explanation—she just didn’t know everything yet. For all she knew, Starfire was still in her room. Yes, of course. How could she jump to conclusions like that? Starfire would still be in her room, craving love and support, and Raven would flood her with it forever and ever until everything was all better, and then they’d go have some Fairy Perry’s ice cream. Her mind deluded with fabricated hopes, Raven didn’t think to enter the door with her powers—she entered the access code as she remembered it: 07734. The cold, steel door slid open with the fluid grace of a toaster popping out toast, and Raven dashed in like a member of a SWAT team, inspecting every corner of the dark chamber with methodical movements.

Opening Best_Friend.exe…

The required data could not be found.
This file appears to be damaged.
System Error.

The systematic search for life computed an end result: there was a .03 percent chance that Starfire was in the room. The .03 percent could be reached by taking into account the slight possibility of her body having been burned to ashes, thus serving as fertilizer for the potted Whapzar Ingerblot that was sitting on Starfire’s dresser. Though a horribly common breed of Ingerblot, the Whapzar was adorable, nonetheless, with its bitty little razor teeth and bloodshot eyeball. However, Raven concluded that the scenario of Starfire hiding within the potted soil of this plant was very, very unlikely, if not slightly questionable.

Other rooms. She could be in another room. She could be ANYWHERE in the tower, and anywhere was a pretty big place to look. However, before her panic could fuel another search, there was something—a few somethings—on Starfire’s tidy, inviting bed that grabbed her attention, held it in a chokehold, then hogtied it and kicked it for good measure. A blue cloak, creased into a rectangle, a purple CD in a clear case, and a folded up square of paper with the word, ‘Raven’ scribbled in cursive upon its crinkled surface--these three items were each inspected with the care and curiosity of a scientist, though Raven hardly touched them. She didn’t need to even read the letter to have confirmation that Starfire was no longer residing in Titan Tower.

It was at this moment that Raven’s core processor kind of sputtered and choked, and every little component of her reality was sucked into a standstill moment of tense silence. Programs were being shut down all over the place, until an abrupt message popped onto the computer screen of her brain. It read as follows:

Flagrant System Error.
Computer over.
Virus = very yes.

There was an unmeasured period of time—perhaps five seconds, perhaps five minutes—when Raven was oblivious to the world around her as she had her systems reboot. She found herself in a daze, sprawled over Starfire’s bed, her legs dangling over the edge. She moaned and sat up, regaining her bearings as quickly as possible.

Describing exactly what went through her mind at that point would be very difficult, but could be summed up by explaining the throbbing pulses of anguish that coursed through her in waves, the jolts of guilt and self-hatred that steadily shocked her like a stun gun, and the frustration and regret that clung to every cranny of her frontal lobes.

Fierce claws of desperation clutched her heart tightly, threatening to squeeze it like a balloon until it popped, but they were soon driven away by a little crow—a four-eyed, sinister-looking crow. This monstrosity was given good company as about thirty more of its feathered, red-eyed brethren erupted from Raven’s cerebellum. They began to prance all over her poor, battered brain, chanting like savage natives around a bonfire.

Robin. Robin. Robin.

----------

Dr. Sloth

Smash Lord
The mind of Raven is a terrible place to be right now. I could easily visualize the thoughts that are dancing around her cranium. She's practically experiencing a hollucinated nightmare, and she's forcing herself to believe that Robin is a villain, is she not?

Whatever the case, Robin is not going to have a pleasant morning. This could very well turn out to be the worst morning of his life, if Raven gets a hold of him. o_o

"I hope its working, and, if anything, the writing feels higher in quality."

Oh man... when you hope for something, BOY does it come true. ^_^ If anything, it sounds like you're underestimating your power with the pen... or rather, keyboard. Maybe it's because you're so used to recieving compliments, but i'm sure you understand your own abilities.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
:laugh: Heheh...Um, one word, EP: college.

I have a very good feeling that college will show me just how much more I have to learn.

Raven isn't realy hallucinating, persay...I'm using metaphor, to be colorful. In reality, Raven IS irrational right now, in some state of shock and desperation. But she really doesn't think there's a bunch of cros doing a native dance in her head. It's just a metaphor. It FEELS that way.

Gah. Hopefully, you get what I'm talking about. I'm trying not to write things as literal as I was before. Trick is that it's up to me to write them in a way where my readers can tell when I'm being metaphorical or not, which you probably did get, and I'm just overanalyzing.

If you've been waiting for a Robin/Raven conflict, you're going to get it very soon.

---

http://cube.ign.com/articles/642/642238p1.html

I feel like a small part of my faith was just chipped off. I'm going to go sulk and complain somewhere now, thank you very much.

Dr. Sloth

Smash Lord
Oh no... that Zelda situation STINKS. :(

Then again, who knows? I have a good feeling that the game will benefit from this delay, as far away as it seems.

Also, I understand what you're saying. Maybe I picked the wrong words. :p

Actually, I remember times in the past when you HAVE overanalyzed, mostly due to a mixup of sarcastic/literal statements. Nothing big, though.

Lightning Snake

Smash Apprentice
Inside a giant pie. Or the UK, whichever sounds mo
Oh noes. Part of my soul just died. Curses. :(

It's not fair. Life isn't fair. Ah well. I'd come and sulk with you, but I'm still in the denial phase. And speaking of the denial phase, and back on the topic that this topic is the topic of... Raven appeared to be going through denial... Then came fear... And now, anger.

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
That was the one good thing I had to look forward to this year. I already had a feeling they'd do it when I heard the 360 may debut around the same time....Microsoft , I blame you.

Dr. Sloth

Smash Lord
Yeah. Now that Zelda is out of the way, it seems that the Xbox 360 will have very little competition this holiday season.

But keep in mind that Nintendo has never failed with the Zelda series. I mean, Ocarina of Time introduced some revolutionary concepts that allowed it to be etched in gaming history, and some of the other Zelda games were just as awe-inspiring. I'm pretty sure that Twilight Princess, despite its delay, will live up to the hype it has produced.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes, yes, EP, I KNOW that. :p

I wasn't in denial, actually. No, when I saw those words for the first time (Zelda Delayed) I KNEW it was true.

But Raven? Yea, denial, anger, etc. You got it down. That's good. That means I wrote that well enough.

Nintendo has not, in fact, ever failed with the Zelda series, and I've known for a year now that they are taking this 'baby' of thir very seriously. They know the expectations, and they know they have to SURPASS them.

I'm over the anguish and all, and I know it's for the best, but...Yea, I feel like a small part of me died, as if it had been betrayed somehow.

Indeed, TP is about ALL I had to look forward to this holiday season, and now it's gone.

All I really now are Mario Kart DS, maybe Mario Strikers...and, hopefully, one or two other decent DS games, if they hit the scene soon enough.

*remembers how he's played Mario+Luigi:Superstar Saga for over 150 hours*

M+L 2...If that comes out and it's good enough, combined with online stuff with mario Kart DS...I guess I'll be satisfied enough for now.

But, yea, you know those Microsoft people are partying, because they're gonna be raking it oin this holiday, unless either Sony or Nintendo pull out some trump card we don't of yet.

Nintendo, honestly, doesn't have much going for it aside from their Wi-Fi network that's supposed to come soon. All Sony really has is Resident Evil 4, which is an excellent game and all, but I'm sure most people who wanted it got the GCN version. At any rate, they're probably glad they have at least THAT this Xmas.

Also, Sony may or may not have Kingdom Hearts 2, the anticipated sequel, done in time. If they do, then my DS will tide me over until that, and that will carry me to TP, I hope.

Nintendo can't postpone things much longer than this, or else they're gonna get left behind, and I don't wanna see that. I think that Nintendo, as a game developer, is ingenius, they just need to work their business out a bit better.

Looks like the 3rd place company is already falling behind in the next gen race. Let's hope they can get off their @$$ and catch up.

In the meantime, could we have a bit more input on those past two scenes...?

Like, what did you like/dislike in particular? Does it seem better now?

Dr. Sloth

Smash Lord
The past two scenes...

Yeah, it's definitely refreshing to see a different style of writing. This "inside the mind of Raven" style fits the current scenario perfectly; after all, the Titans have experienced one h3ll of a night.

In my opinion though, this writing style should be used sparingly, such as not to diminish its emphasis, if you know what I mean.

It'd be pretty cool to switch between the "normal" and "Raven" styles when they best apply. Like, for scenes that focus primarily on Raven and her thoughts, you could use the Raven style. But when another character "nabs the spotlight" or there's a different scene, you could switch back to normal.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Or I could write in the same style from a different perspective and continue to write in the exact same style I am, but apply things differently.

Those two scenes are told from Raven's perspective, but the next scene is written in more of a 'normal' style, as you put it, but I'm still trying to apply the same detail.

Oh, and my bad--I found out OoT was scheduled for an Xmas 97 release, was delayed to Spring 98, and ultimately released in Winter 98. My bad.

I hope that Nintendo doesn't wait that long with TP, because the XBox 360 AND the PS3 will have quite an advantage by then. Nintendo needs to finish TP up in time for Spring, (The earliest the game could come out is April 1st, based on what they've said) and focus on getting the Rev out in time for Winter 06, or they're gonna be boned.

Anyway, I'll try to write some more tonight, whether it's TTX or Q4D!

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
My friend proposed that Nintendo announces that day:

"Well, it seems we need until this holiday season to work on the Zelda game."

AWWWW...

":laugh: No, we're just playin', it's all done. Go buy it, huh? April Fool's."

Um, yea, so, anyway...-_-'

I have a job now, and everything, so I can't get on the net in the morning like I used to be able to (at least not until college starts up).

I still haven't done the rest of the next scene. Maybe later tonight, since it's only six. We'll see.

Dr. Sloth

Smash Lord
Ed, have you recieved an e-mail from Smash Boards? Apparently, Nintendo Power referenced smashboards.com in its latest issue, and the forums are rapidly increasing in activity (as many as 50 members are joining each day).

Do you realize what this means? It means that, in time, your stories are going to start getting a lot more attention! ^_^

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
-_-'

Um, EP, just so you know, I TOLD you guys in one my threads about that. I read the issue, like, weeks ago. It was a cool article. Things haven't changed much around here since then, at least not HERE, in the Creative Minds part, and certainly not for any of my threads.

Black...Long day at work...Busy evening...But tomorrow, I'm off. So maybe I'll whip something up, though it will probably be of the Q4D! variety.

Yay, more Star Road stuff.

Top Bottom