• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winds of Fate: The X Factor (Teen Titans)

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
:bee: *sarcastic applause*

Congratulations, EP, you've figured out what a character foil is. Very good. :rolleyes: I only make it obvious. :p

Um...The three spaces isn't something I'm doing on purpose...It just sorta...does that...when I paste it.

Starfire's Transformation has nothing to do with the alcohol she was drinking.

I'm guessing that you haven't seen the episode 'Transformation,' huh?

Well, here's some semi-recent story stuff with Star. She hasn't gotten any storyline in the newest Season just yet, but this is from the last couple of seasons...

"Like her sister, Blackfire, Starfire can now shoot bolts out of her eyes--something she gained when she went through a process called "transformation", in which a Tamaranian evolves. She was one of the few who went about it by a process called "Chrysalis", where a horn sprouts from the forehead, two additional horns from the neck, longer ears become visible, and the feet swell to a larger size as well; this all leads up to forming a cocoon around herself, which lasts only a few minutes. Unfortunately, during this stage of Chrysalis, she is defenseless--and, had it not been for the other Titans, she would've been eaten by a Chrysalis Hunter, a white and red monster that goes through life waiting for a Tamaranian to go into this phase.

Starfire received a summons from Tamaran to come and wed her betrothed--a man she had never met, but was forced to marry. Though it turned out to be a giant ploy by Blackfire, Starfire almost spent her life with the snot-monster Glgrdsklechhh. After she found out about the plan, Starfire overthrew Blackfire and gave the throne to Galfore, so she could return with her friends to earth."

Yummy feet, there, eh?

Here's Star and her, eh...'husband-to-be'...

Yay! Tamaran!

Not too pleased with the whole, "Get married to a freak you've never met and leave all your friends behind" bit.

Robin, of course, isn't entirely pleased with this whole concept, and Starfire tries to explain it to him.

Anyway, there's a glimpse at those two episodes. Not the best the show has to offer, but certainly interesting.

While the 'Betrothed' stuff doesn't happen whatsoever, you can't escape the Transformation. It's like...Well, it's like a second...weird kinda of...puberty...

That's actually what the show was talking about, on a figurative sense. Obviously, Starfire's already BEEN through puberty...She just went through another process that's...sort of like it...

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
A bit late for the Transformation, but it's your story, I won't contest it.

I just got my mitts on Metroid Zero Mission the other day. Man, it's AWESOME. The soundtrack is delightfully creepy, the gameplay rules, and Samus is as cool as ever.

And FINALLY, I UPDATED! PH33R ME!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
v

Dr. Sloth

Smash Lord
In my secret base, in a secret location, plotting
Metroid Zero Mission looks cool, but I haven't been able to get my hands on a copy of it. I have faint memories of playing Super Metroid, but other than that, i've never thoroughly played a side-scrolling Metroid game.

Oh well, the games currently in my arsenal will keep me occupied for a while. Currently I'm watching my brother play Final Fantasy X. Jano ysywehk! (That's Al Bhed for "very amazing")

I've never actually played a Final Fantasy game; I always watch my brother because he's crazy about them. :p

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Um...:p

Yea, you guys seem to always be a year (or more) behind on gaming. Understandable, I suppose, since you guys aren't hardcore. FFX? I was playing that two years ago...or longer...

Metroid Zero Mission? Beat that a month or so after it came out. I have it on my computer right now, though, should I ever feel the need to play it again...

Man, I had my hands on RE4 the day after it came out, for cryin' out loud. I sold my GBASP to get RE4, and ****it, was it worth it.

I just turned 18, so I'm legally an adult. An adult who spent 10 hours playing Crystal Chronicles yesterday because after a year of not playing it, I've had a strange addiction to do so. So I am. And I'm playing with all eight characters, whom I named after Golden Sun characters.

So Jenna's a female clavat with long hair, and Isaac's a Clavat with the cowlick, and Mia's a Selkie with long hair, and Ivan's a Lilitie, and Piers is a Yuke...etc.

Interesting stuff. That game has been reminding me just how good it is. Music is amazing, for one thing. Interesting concepts if gameplay. It gets a little repetitive, which is why I hope the DS version will mix things up. The gameplay itself is great, it's just the fact that in order to get stronger, I need to beat the same stage over and over...times 8, since I'm using 8 characters. The magic system and artifact system are AWESOME, for sure. All in all, I'm glad I've gone back top revisit it.

Too bad I've barely been writing. Vacation comes in a week. Hopefully I'll get some stuff done...

Dr. Sloth

Smash Lord
Understandable, I suppose, since you guys aren't hardcore.
I can't believe my ears. Are you accusing ME of not being hardcore? Dude, video games are my LIFE.

This is my current daily schedule:

Play Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - 6 hours
Do online stuff, play Neopets - 2 hours
Play Ratchet and Clank games so that my brother can appreciate the awesomeness that Insomniac put into it - 2 hours
Make my own games and practice my designing skills - 3 hours

I'm not COMPLETELY behind in the world of gaming. Let me explain...

I don't really have a job, so I don't have a lot of money with which I can spend on video games. Most of my video game money comes from my 18-year-old brother, who is also a gaming nut. So, we can only buy about 1 game every month.

Once one of our video games has been 100% completed and has no sentimental value, we trade it in at Gamestop for another, older game that we haven't had the chance to play due to lack of funds.

So, in a nutshell, I get most of my games when their prices deflate. (There are exceptions, however.)

Sorry if I seem a little wound up, but i'm just illustrating a point.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, I know. I was just picking on you so that you'd explain.

See, when I buy a game, I almost always keep it. I don't keep it when it's one that I don't think was entirely worth the money, but I hardly buy games that aren't worth it to me. Like, eh...Foru Swords GCN. Not worth $50 to play by yourself. Worth it if you have the means to play it with 3 other people whenever you want.

I can actually calculate how much money I spend on the enjoyment of a game.

As of now, I've spent roughly 2 cents for every hour I've played in Superstar Saga. ^_^

God, I don't even want to think about the Smash Bros. games. We're talking, like, fractions of cents for each hour.

Now is someone gonna read T3H G4T3 or not, ****it?

Dr. Sloth

Smash Lord
:p Clever.

Oh yeah, T3H G4T3... Shadow Master Mewtwo and I might be interested in reading it. We're both at the end of chapter 2, as far as the main MT comic is concerned.

Speaking of which, have you been able to contact him yet since we last talked on MSN? (which was several months ago, geesh...)

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not too thrilled. It's almost the end of the 10 weeks, so I have work to catch up on. The senior trip is coming up...and I worry that I may not enjoy myself, despite the hundreds of dollars I've poured into it.

That, and I've hardly been hearing from anyone on the net lately.

I've been drowning myself in CC rather than writing lately.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
The bad news: I'm disappointed. No one's reading my fic. NO ONE.

The Good news: Maybe this fall, you should watch the new episodes of Sonic X. I watched the French dub and the episodes are good. **** GOOD if I could say so myself.

Dr. Sloth

Smash Lord
Good luck on that whole "senior trip" thing Ed... Well, it's the middle of spring break for me.

I watched the season finale of Sonic X. I was expecting a little more of a "bang" in it though. But it's nice to see that Sonic got back to his homeworld; Tails would've been CREAMED by Eggman.

So anyway... just beat Star Wars: KOTOR II. Wow, that is one awesome game! I'm still shaking over the ending... but I tend to do that after I beat a long adventure or RPG game, where I become attached to the characters...

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
From what I've seen of thispast season of Sonic X, I was very disappointed--until the last three episodes. Of course, I missed most of the season...

But from what I saw, they really skimped outon teh storylines of SA1 and SA2...Hell, Sonic Battle's little dabble there sucked, too.

Then the last three episodes came. EP, there was a bang at the end of the season, it's just...Not an 'action' bang. More like...an 'empotional' bang. I liked the last three episodes of the season...I also like the fact that Chris and his friends are'grown up,' so to speak. Of course, I loved the end bit with Sonic and Amy there. Actually, the Japanese credits of the show are a lot cooler than the rip-off ones we get in America, now that I think of it...

I don't really bother to watch Sonic X on TV anymore...All I watch is...um...:confused: Well...No new episodes of Teen Titans...No new Megas XLR...Um...I already have all of Full Metal Alchemist on my computer in Japanese, and I watched it some time ago...

I can't see any more Naruto, because I don't know where to find the episodes between 50 and 100-something witout having to use bitorrent or pay money...*grumble*

No new Sonic X...

Hm. I haven't been watching anything over the last few weeks except...Red vs Blue. :D

The KOTOR games are interesting. Too bad I think Star Wars is really cheesy. Well, the games are less cheesy than the movies...Well, no, wait...The KOTOR games are.

And Lego Star Wars is less cheesy, too, which is really sad.

Quote Game Informer Magazine:
"The Lego versions of Anakin and Padme display more emotion than the actual actors! But, then again, so does a cardboard box..."

Writing? ^_^' Eheh...Right. I'm on a one-week break right now...But between Crystal Chronicles, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, and, eh...Well, I don't know what else...I haven't bothered to do any writing. But, then again, nobody's really been on the net, either. At any rate, I really need to get myself back into the habit of writing.

Dan-E

Smash Apprentice
bittorrent is REALLY easy to use. just do a google search for a good bittorrent client, (something like bitcomet, bittornado, or azureus) install it, and from there you just open the torrents in the program you just installed, sit back and let your internet do the rest.

If you STILL don't want to use/can't use (just occured to me that you might not be able to) then I suggest narutochaos.com.

Rock Lee is glorious btw. Just wanted to let you know.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
:rolleyes: Duh! Of COURSE Lee r0x0r2. I mean, he's the stupidest-looking character on the show, but he is undoubtedly awesome.

I CAN use bitorrent, but...

OK. I'll explain. My computer can't get on the net--there's no line for it in my room. Besides, my mom's on the net all the time, and I hate dial-up, anyway.

So I use public computers--mainly the ones in my local library.

I have a flashdrive that I use so that I can still download stuff from the net, save it, and bring it back home. Likewise, I can save stuff on it from my b0x and carry it to the library.

Problem is, my flashdrive only has 250 MB, give or take.

So I can't bitorrent 50 episodes at once and save them on it. :beezo: Further, I can only use these computers for an hour or two a day, as other people use them, too, so bitorrent becomes even LESS convenient.

Naruto chaos, huh? I'll bet you I've been there before, and something prevents me from downloading the episodes.

Of course, I can always read the manga, since that's what the anime IS. But when given a choice, I'll always watch the anime, unless it's simply not as cool as the manga. Naruto, from what I understand, sticks to the manga very closely, whereas Fullmetal Alchemist changed some pretty important things here and there.

No updates, huh? Wow. Someone actually NOTICED. -_- It's been at least a couple weeks and I haven't updated ANYWHERE I usually do, and nobody seems to notice. Ergo, I've had little motivation to keep writing, seeing as how it seems that no one's reading. I really want to work on my Megatokyo fic, but there is NO ONE reading it, and I can't find a good place for Megatokyo fiction, seeing as the MT boards are NOT the best place for them.

I still have a few days of break, though. Who knows?

In the meantime, I'm trying to get a job, I turned 18 a week ago, I have the 3-day Senior Trip next week, and I have to decide my college plans by a week from now. Busy week, obviously. That could either hinder me further from writing or stimulate me to get back into writing.

Edit: Oh, RIGHT. Haha. :o Yeeeeaaaa...Naruto Chaos is
|=|_|( /<!/|/6 $|_0\||/!!!1!1

Yea. I kinda don't have time to sit for 1 hour and 27 minutes to download a 170 MB movie at 30 KB a sec on a public computer. If I had the means to do that, I'd wait that long every day to see a new episode. But...I don't. That's why bitorrent would be fine and dandy if I could download ONE episode at a time.

Dr. Sloth

Smash Lord
No updates, huh? Wow. Someone actually NOTICED. -_-
EP, there was a bang at the end of the season, it's just...Not an 'action' bang.
Too bad I think Star Wars is really cheesy.
*sarcastic applause*

Congratulations, EP, you've figured out what a character foil is. Very good. I only make it obvious.
Um...

Is all this "smart talk" leading up to something? *shakes his fist*

I mean, it's all right, I know you're just joking around... but it seems you're doing it more often these days. Is it because i'm giving you more of a reason to, or what...?

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
*yawn*

So long as you know I'm just joking around. :o Leading up to something? WTF?

Don't know whatcha mean, EP. :confused: Although I do try to make things...'lead up' to something...Smart@$$ talk just doesn't do it very often.

What would I be leading up to, anyway?

Nah. I'm just cranky because NOTHING is going on in the internet world I used to be so busy in. I'm stull busy, but it's not because I'm talking with a lot of people. It's because I'm looking for ROMs, or manga, or wh4t3v3r.

Busy week this week. Considering I didn't write very much during a week when I wasn't busy at all...Every place I'm posting up my fiction is either getting VERY SLOW (hereafter referred to as HERE) or so fast (hereafter referred to as the MT forums) that my stuff gets overlooked.

Um...Sooo...Crystal Chronicles...Jungle Beat...A little Halo 2...RedVSBlue...

Various arcade ROMS...

That's about how I spent my break.

^_^ I got the arcade version of Turtles in Time, though, and that's HAPPY. Man, that game brings back SO many memories of Chuck E. Cheese and teaming up with random strangers to take down Foot ninjas...I still remember the first time I took out Shredder...:p There were only two of us left (everyone else was outta quarters, but was still watching). Then, halfway through the fight, my buddy died on me...I had no more quarters left, either...

Somehow, I managed to take down the guy with a sliver of life left, no more lives, and no more quarters...

Yea. That was a proud moment of my childhood. :beezo:

Anyway, I really should write, but I've been lazy. With no one on the net blasting me with comments, I have less motivation to continue.

At least I know my college plans now. Heheh. I go to a nice college for free...Except, I still need to live in my house for the first couple of years. *shrug* The college is only ten minutes away.

Last week, a fellow student of mine...died. He graduated a year or two ago, and was in the military. He was 21 when he died in a tragic accident involving training in a hummer that tipped over.

He was...difficult...We had a lot of issues with each other when he was in school, but it was all in jest. Feels weird when you see a fellow student of yours die like that, though. Makes ya realize how much you should appreciate the last couple months you have with them.

Dr. Sloth

Smash Lord
Oh dear... sorry to hear about your friend. :(

I understand now, about the whole "smart talk" thing. Thank you for clearing that up. :)

Since we're on the topic of weekends, and since there's nothing else to talk about at the moment (big surprise there :p), I might as well describe my spring break...

My report card came in at the beginning of break, and since I made Honor Roll again, my father gave me $50 to spend on a game of my choice. I chose Midnight Club 3: DUB edition. All I can say is that i'm DEEPLY impressed. The sense of speed in MC3 is truly amazing, and the abilities add quite a bit of strategy. It might be one of the best racing games I've ever played.

I have 6 different cars, each named after a Sonic character. My best car is an Elise Lotus named Turbo Tails. :p

So anyway, that's kept me occupied... besides the fact that my Xbox keeps freezing at critical points in the races. >_< I really have to clean the dust out of it sometime...

Other than that, my weekend was the typical: play games, continue my childish addiction to Neopets, and work on my Sonic Strife project.

Anywayz...

Turtles in Time, eh? I have vague memories of that game. Although, the TMNT game I remember the most was Hyperstone Heist for the Sega Genesis. Used to play that all the time with my brother. Ah good times...

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer

Dr. Sloth

Smash Lord
Heheh, that's a clever comic. :chuckle:

Yeah, HH is one of them side-scrolling beat-em-ups. Nothing fancy, now that i've played the ROM version, but it did give me some solid entertainment as a child.

Anywayz...

You've probably already heard about this, but, I found some information on GameSpot about the next Ratchet and Clank game - Ratchet and Clank: Deadlocked. It's scheduled to come out next fall. :D

Apparently, R+C4 will take a "darker" tone. There will only be 10 weapons, but they're much more customizable. This is certainly a good thing; now I can mold the perfect weapon to fit my style of battling. ^_^

Add a co-op mode and squad-based commands into the mix, and it looks like Insomniac has a recipe for another great title.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
:p Impressive, EP. You actually discovered what a marvelous tool the internet can be.

^_^ I've known about R+C:DL for only a month or so. So, in other words, you're catching up. Make sure you check ouit www.ign.com for the latest and greatest gaming news. I agree with their reviews more, since they're more in depth.

Anyway...

Oh, yea. Turns out I can update today. So let's do a little catchin' up.

----------

"Left hand blue!" Luigi announced, staring at the colorful spinner in his lap.

Terra slapped a gloved hand onto a blue circle immediately, choosing a spot to her advantage. Tay grunted as she stretched an arm to one in the corner of the playing mat, her legs criss-crossed. Amy groaned, reaching for a place to put her hand. She blew some puffy pink hair from her face that had flopped down from staring at the ground and made her move, only to tumble backward and land on her side.

Terra and Tanochtitlan chuckled at Amy's attempt.

"Sorry, Amy," Luigi snickered. "You're out."

"I KNOW, *******," Amy growled irritably, removing herself from the game and sitting next to Luigi on the curved couch. They were in Terra's bedroom, playing a game of 'Twister.' Four sections of tan sofa, which formed a circle when put together, were spread out around the room's center.

"Oh, it's just a silly game," Luigi teased her.

"Why don't you play it, then?" Amy snapped competetively.

"I can't play it with you guys," Luigi muttered, lifting a brow. "How would that make me look, playing 'Twister' with three girls...?"

The pink-haired bombshell rolled her eyes and shook her head, oozing apathy.

"So what? Wuss."

"Hey, Luigi," Terra grunted out, struggling to maintain her awkward position. "Could ya hurry up?"

"Oh! Right. Sorry," he spat out, flicking the spinner with his index finger.

"Tay is SO going to beat you," Amy warned Terra. "She's really flexible."

"Thanks," Tenochtitlan giggled. "It comes naturally." She glanced across the room to Tikal, who was sitting by herself, engulfed by Raven's book yet again.

"Right foot green!"

As Tay casually arced her leg to her side, stretching it in such a way that it looked painful, she called out to the gentle girl with the book.

"Hey, Tikal, come play next round!"

Tikal, being thrown from her world into theirs, sucked in a quick breath of air and blinked quickly, in a daze.

"Hm?"

Tay sighed in good humor and repeated herself, only to draw a doubtful expression from Tikal.

"Um..."

"Yea, Tikal, just you and me," Amy offered, trying to make her feel more comfortable with the idea.

"...All right," Tikal murmured, giving in.

"Right foot green."

"Agh, man," Terra grumbled between grit teeth, wondering how she would pull off such a task. She would have to slip her leg between one of Tay's legs and one of her arms. She tried to pull off the task, but failed, crashing onto the ground while Tay, though slightly shaken, remained rooted at her spot.

"That's the third time in a row," Terra admitted, throwing her mess of blonde hair back over her head.

"Maybe we should play something else," Tay suggested, loosening her body into a comfortable position off the mat and undoing the ponytail she had put her soft braids into. The beads she normally wore were missing, though she didn't seem to remember what had happened to them.

Amy had managed to remove Tikal from the book she was almost finished with and was nudging her toward the playing area.

"Take off your sandals," she advised, tapping Tikal's bare feet with her socked toes.

"OK." As she carefully removed the footwear, Amy pointed a hand out to Tay, who was still grasping the red scrunchie that had been holding her hair together. Tay tossed it to Amy, who proceeded to bunch the thick, orange mass on Tikal's into it so she'd be able to see better while playing.

"You know how to play, right?" Amy checked, kneeling down on one side of the plastic mat.

Tikal nodded as a hint of pink formed under her eyes.

"Yes, Sonic showed me how not too long ago," she told Amy quietly, receiving no reply.

---

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Great update. I had been too busy with other stuff like preparing for a trip. Sorry to hear that your friend died.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
:o Well, honestly, he wasn't really a friend. A fellow classmate. I never knew him THAT well, but I did know him well enough, I suppose.

Anyway, in case I didn't mention, here's a little 'symbology' lesson of sorts. What does Twister symbolize? There's still another scene in this Chapter with Twister in it, so maybe you'll figure it out. I'll probably update today...unless I decide to go to a tennis match instead. In which case, I won't be updating 'til Monday.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I think Twister has something to do on how the newer titans got here from their world. Like everything got all tangled up so they were somehow sucked into the world the titans are in but changed and some of their memory gone and later the worlds may collapse. It's just a guess. Well if you are going to update next week I'm visiting DC with NO internet connection so don't expect me to reply from tomorrow =/.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
*shrug* I just got back from a trip, sooo...Have fun!

And I finished the Chapter the night before I left. We're not at the end of the Chapter here just yet, anyway.

Sooo...I'll post up some more soon.

Twister is symbolic of the romantic relationships the girls have tried to pursue. It's more or less a measure of how their relationships have developed. They're all tangled up with each other because, well, that's how their relationships are. They affect the whole team.

Tay: Tay is doing well at Twister because her romantic bond with Beastboy is strong.

Terra: She's doing moderately well, but still has some doubts. Obviously, she doesn't know that Link kind of already HAS a girlfriend back home...

Amy: Amy, you notice, has been losing constantly. She hasn't been able to develop a relationship with Sonic at all, but keeps trying--and failing.

Tikal: Tikal was reading that old book while they were playing. This is because the book represents Tikal's past (the past I portray in Chaos Angels). Tikal is reluctant to play because she remembers what happened in the past. Therefore, her relationship with Sonic so far has been slow moving.

Luigi: Well, Luigi doesn't play because he obviously doesn't have anything going on right now. We love you, Luigi. Too bad Daisy's back at home...er...Well, actually, she's probably on Gaia. Either that, or she's being held in Kamek's f|_|c|<!ng hugee castle. One of the two. Haven't quite decided yet.

The next scene has Ray and Star playing Twister. Now that you know how it works, maybe you can explain what it represents after I post it up. Or m4yb3 you'll start picking up on other things...

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
^I like your new sig.

And yeah, I noticed some of that stuff, too.

My fanfic's been moving slow, mostly because of timing/plot issues and the fact that KH2 info has been flooding us lately. There's a new trailer out!

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haven't been keeping up-to-date with KH2 because there's been hardly anything to READ about it for a while. At least Nintendo is slowly spilling out details on the new Zelda game.

For example, Link originates from a farming village known as Tauro Village, a neighbor to Hyrule and business partner.

Anyway, I guess I should post some more stuff up soon...

--
Side note...I just got Tekken 5 and am hoping to acquire God of War by week's end...if I can FIND it...Dammit, I should have gotten it when I had the chance...Too bad I didn't know how awesome it was...

Anyway, those could certainly alter my time to write, which has been little as is.

However, I'll be getting a laptop next week, enabling me to write wherever I go in comfort. ^_^ That could change things, methinks. We'll see, of course.

I'd call you all Trockies, but that is very mean.

Dr. Sloth

Smash Lord
Ah, congrats on the new laptop... I'm REALLY pissed that I can't get high-speed internet at my house. My father has been talking to the cable company, and it'll be a long while (about a year) before they decide to make it available in my area.

God of War has gotten VERY good reviews. For god sakes, Game Informer gave it a freaking 10! Only about 13 games in the history of GI have recieved that score (R+C: UYA being one of them), and that's saying something.

My brother has a new job; he's the assistant manager of a Pacific Sunwear clothing store at the mall. So, he should be making plenty of money with which to buy games. :D

So anyway... replies to this board are 5|_0\/\/. You know, Ed, i'm online almost every day; there are plenty of opportunities to chat about random stuff. PMing, E-Mail, and MSN Messenger, for example.
Just a suggestion.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Um...Yeah...R34lly sl0w.

I don't know about MESSENGER and what not, as I don't know how readily the internet will be available to my laptop this summer...But I do know that by next school year, when I'm in college, being able to use Messenger shouldn't be an issue. WHEN to use it WILL be.

---

--

"Don't listen to him; he's just being a jerk," Raven grumbled confidently, hoping to convince Starfire.

"How can I not care?" Starfire panted out incredulously, flailing her arms around. "I care about Robin more than--..." She paused her hysterical sentence as her thoughts crashed into a dilemma like a giant boulder blocking a road.

Raven was befuddled at first, curious as to what had made Starfire stop her sentence. Did she not care about Robin anymore, just like that?

"I value Robin more than...almost...everyone I know..." Starfire murmured, smiling weakly at Raven. With that smile, Starfire blasted into Raven's heart the greatest thank you that Raven had ever received.

"I'm...really worried about you, Starfire," Raven told her dispondently. "I don't want to see you...--" Raven trailed off, as she couldn't bring herself to finish the sentence and think deeply about the scenario of Starfire truly becoming what Raven used to be.

"I have been feeling so strange lately," Starfire explained drearily. "I do not feel like myself. I feel like seeds have been planted within me. They are growing into horrible, ugly plants..."

Raven was confused by Starfire's metaphor, as it could lead to varying concepts. She made the decision to try and take the Tamaranian's mind away from Robin and the desruction that had ocurred in their city days ago. Raven knew that the longer Starfire worried about it, the worse she'd feel, as was evident by her mood at the time.

"I know," Raven said after a few moments of silence, patting Starfire's shoulder. "I'll go find something for us to do together, unless you want to go out and see the others."

"I do not," Starfire quickly answered, her voice as cold as ice. Starfire was certain that none of the other Titans would accept her in such a deformed state, having committed what she viewed as a horrendous crime. Thirteen people had lost their lives because of a selfish mistake she made; she believed that to be a fact.

"All right, I'll go get something, then," Raven told her, standing up slowly from the floor next to Starfire's bed. She suddenly realized how cold it was in the room, and was reluctant to leave her friend alone in the chilly environment. "Are you hungry?" she asked Starfire with the same sweetness Star would give her but in the gravely voice she possessed. The Tamaranian Titan had proved to be quite an influence, Raven admitted to herself.

"I-I suppose I would enjoy some food," Starfire squeaked shakily.

"What should I get?" Raven inquired, trying to her best to sound as warm and comforting as possible. Though Raven would find this task impossible mere weeks before, she was getting better at it.

"Anything will do," Starfire answered meekly, guilt pouring into the air, leaking from her cloak. Raven was beginning to believe that Starfire was punishing herself for this 'crime' she had done, and it ached her heart to no end.

"OK," Raven muttered. "I'll be back in a few minutes."

The doors slid shut, enveloping Starfire in the darkness once again. She could still feel the light that Raven had brought into the room with her entrance, like needles piercing the shadows.

Starfire sat in a crumpled heap, quivering beneath her cloak like a child afraid of the monster in her closet. There was a rapping at her window, and she jumped, the nerves in her back tingling with worry. The room somehow seemed to grow even colder than it already was as the sound of that sinister knocking reverberated off the walls, spreading its vileness to every corner of the ghostly bedroom.

(She's back.)

-

She had to leave. She had to get out of that room as soon as possible. Her friend was waiting for her back upstairs, drowning in an emotional flood being raged by a storm of confusion.

She couldn't let that be known to those around her, though, or else the poor girl would have to face everyone--this was not an option. Starfire wasn't in a healthy state of mind right now, as was made clear to Raven just a few minutes ago.

"No, she, uh...Well, Starfire's still really depressed. I'm just gonna try and get her to socialize a little more."

"Yea," Tay murmured sadly, nodding her head contritely. "She really needs her friends, or else she'll go crazy."

"I know," Raven replied quickly, scooping up the 'Twister' box and tucking it in her armpit hastily. "Sorry," she said quietly, her steps brisk. "I'm really worried about her. It's a miracle that she's even talking to me."

For the next few moments, the room was hushed by Raven's heavy demeanor and slouching posture. The sound of her sneakers clapping the floor with dignified grace seemed to suck away any other noise present. The burning anger, wavering courage, and potent fear that had possessed her heart and mind spilled from her eyes, leaking to the floor in the form of a few teardrops. The door to Terra's bedroom slowly slid open, granting the enlightened young woman an exit. After her body passed through the gate, the metal door shut itself, leaving the room in a desolate silence.

-

"Starfire, if I don't open the shades, how are you going to see what you're doing?" Raven asked, slowly drawing a layer of red cloth away to let the afternoon sunlight in.

Starfire replied only with a grunt, squinting her eyes and shielding them. Raven continued to open the remaining curtains, unlocking the floodgates to let light pour in.

Starfire had made her way to the window, still wearing Raven's cloak over her like a shield to stop the light from melting her skin. Her emerald eyes, packed with fear, quickly gazed around the windows as if they were looking for something on the side of the tower. Raven was perplexed when she noticed Starfire's actions, and led the poor girl away from the window and to the white, plastic mat spread out on the floor. As she untied her blue-laced sneakers, her eyes remained glued to her weary friend.

Starfire looked pretty hungry, based on her bloodshot eyes, drowsy demeanor, and the way her stomach would gurgle on ocassion. Raven had prepared a sandwich of wheat bread jammed with deli meats, lettuce, tomatoes, and plenty of mustard. But even mustard, it seemed, wouldn't make Starfire happy. She had refused to consume the food, insisting that she didn't need it. Raven had made Star promise that she'd eat the sandwich before 4:00, when they had to get ready for their job that night. The food sat on a small plate on Starfire's dresser, begging to be swallowed. It was comforted by an abstract sculpture Starfire had made shortly after becoming a Teen Titan. As Raven checked to see if the sandwich was safe, she realized just how warm and cozy Starfire's room was in the light. It was a pink and red burst of bubbly joy from the laced cloth on her nightstand to the velvet pillows on her bed. It was astonishing how gloomy the room looked when it was dark.

Raven noticed that Starfire's feet were bare, and she could tell that her toenails had lengthened like her fingernails, if only by a couple centimeters or so. Raven was sure that Starfire's nails had to have grown quite a bit over the past day. It was like she was devolving into some sort of cave-woman. Her appearance, her attitude, and even her speech seemed to be deteriorating. Though the appearance was a mystery, Raven knew that the mind and soul were damaged due to her broken heart.

Raven had placed the spinner to the game on the floor beside the mat as she knelt slowly, her attention glued to Starfire like a rodeo rider on a bull.

"Starfire," Raven asked gently, "could you take the cloak off? It'll make it...difficult to play..."

With a small hiss of frustration, Starfire froze in place on her knees. Her body trembled reluctantly as a slender arm inched its way to her shoulder, fingers tightly squeezing at the palm. She slapped the shaking hand onto her shoulder quickly, but held it in place. She applied great pressure for a few moments, as if she was trying to squeeze pain out. A quick flick of the wrist flung the dark cloak, her outer shell, from her tainted body and into the dim air. It drifted on a slow, haphazard trip to the edge of the ovular bed behind her. She sunk to her knees very suddenly, as if her legs had buckled beneath her.

"I am ready," she quietly announced, her eyes half-open in a dreary expression of repulsion.

Raven, shaken from the actions of her friend, tried to maintain her calm, concentrating on the spinner on the carpeted floor. Using a gentle force of light energy, she sent the plastic arrow twirling. As she waited for it to slow down, she examined Starfire's pale face--the darkness beneath her eyes, the thin, red lines in her green eyes, and the way her body sagged from fatigue. Raven was relieved when the arrow finally stopped, as the sight of Star was unnerving.

"Left hand red," she blurted out. She waited for Starfire to make her move first, which was the action of a slender arm slapping onto the plastic mat drowsily. Raven placed her own palm onto the colored circle right next to Star's, then sent the spinner around again.

Roughly ten turns later, the game seemed to be drawing to a close. Starfire's body was sprawled across the entire board, struggling to stay upright, while Raven was scrunched up in a tighter area, her body twisted enough without her friend's help.

As the black arrow seemed to hesitate as it selected the next move like a reluctant judge, Starfire's right leg was jolted by a cramp, causing it to wobble a bit before collasping. This initiated a chain reaction in which Starfire's body collided with the floor, throwing Raven off her center. Within a second, the two were in a tangled mess on the ground, letting out cries of surprise as they had plummeted. After a moment of moaning, they untied their bodies with effort and sat upright, dazed.

"...I apologize," Starfire murmured dully, staring through the carpeting into some other realm.

Raven sighed and shook her head dismally. "It's all right. It was an accident."

"I am sorry for my attitude," Starfire specified coldly. "You are here to comfort me, and I am behaving like a wallargog..."

Ever impressed by the Tamaranian language, Raven was at a loss to reply.

"I do not deserve companionship at this time," Starfire explained. "...I do not wish to burden you with my anger and sadness."

Raven smiled weakly and told her, "Starfire, there was a time when I felt the same way, and you still gave me company. If anything, I'm returning the favor."

Starfire shook her head slightly, insisting that she was undeserving.

"You did not cause the death of--"

"Stop it!" Raven shouted out with a shocking bitterness, her words jolting out like lightning. Starfire flinched, blinking at her best friend with wide eyes. "I'm sick of hearing about that nonsense," Raven's raspy voice growled with frustration. "Starfire, it was not your fault that this happened. How can you possibly blame yourself?" she demanded fiercely.

"If it was not for my rash decision, then nothing bad--"

"Starfire, if that Killer Moth jerk had never sent out his stupid insects, you wouldn't have been able to make any rash decisions!" Having trapped Starfire in a net of silence, Raven continued to drill her point into the Tamaranian's skull. "You are not a criminal. You tried to help prevent the situation. It's not your fault, or Robin's fault, or any of us. Yes, we made mistakes, and the situation could have been prevented if we had made better choices, but it was never our choice to kill anyone or try to destroy Jump City."

Starfire rubbed her aching forehead around the oddity that protruded from it and nodded contritely, her eyes closed.

"You are correct...But those thirteen people...they had no choice at all..."

The two girls simmered the issue in the stew of their minds for a few tranquil moments.

"Did you really have a choice, either?" Raven asked rhetorically, rising to her feet warily. "It wasn't your fault. If any Titan is to blame, it's all of us. We're a team, Starfire. That means that we're all responsible for each other."

Raven made her way to the door, step by step, as she spoke those words. Having reached the exit and opened the door, she muttered, "You want to be alone now--I can see it in your eyes. Make sure you eat, and remember that we have a meeting outside in a half hour."

Raven's somber expression was the last thing that the self-loathing Tamaranian saw before the metal door slid to a close and silence fell over the room like a thick fog. The image of Starfire's exhausted face--those bloodshot, hateful eyes of emerald--was engraved into her mind as she wandered through the halls aimlessly, wishing the day would end so that the hope of a new day would come faster.

-

Heheh...

While I trying to find the Zelda Manga (which I still haven't found) I stumbled upon some new Zelda news.

I'm not sure if it's confirmed, but a very reliable source says that the new Zelda game's subtitle will be 'The Twilight Princess.'

All in all...I'm still looking forward to this game with great anticipation. This game will not doubt determine where Zelda is headed. If it kicks @$$, then things will rock. But this game has everything to lose, so Nintendo's best better be paying attention (as I'm sure they are.)

Now, then...

Needless to say, I am very pleased with Zelda looking bad-@$$.

Of course, Link looks a little more bad-@$$, eh?

Dr. Sloth

Smash Lord
Yeah... just a TAD more bad@$$...

Anyway, I'm not sure if I can think of anything new to say about that update. All I can say is that i'm hoping Starfire returns to normalcy soon.

I've been really busy with Sonic Strife lately. I've discovered that I absolutely SUCK at creating my own Badniks.

Do you know of any web sites where I can find Badnik art? I could really use some help with my designs.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can't say I knolw any sites in particular...

I've developed a revolutionary theory concerning the story of the new Zelda based on what I know and what I've seen. By the time E3 rolls around inb a few days, I'm sure they'll announce some new storyline bits.

According to a reliable source, the name of the new Zelda is 'Twilight Princess.' There seems to be a strong importance concerning the wolf, as seen in the newest trailer, as well as some awesome promotional art I saw. Could it be that Zelda is this Princess and is, in fact, a werewolf of sorts? The thought of playing as Zelda as well as Link, and as a wolf at that, is quite tickling. This could be horribly wrong, of course, but there is no doubt that wolves, nature, and day/night are important to the game's story. In a couple days, I'm sure I'll be raving about a new trailer, etc.

For now, I'll let myself get lost in God of War. ^_^ I am the Alpha and the Omega.

Omega is the Greek letter that is the symbol of the game--it is the last Greek letter and represents 'ending,' basically. ;)

Also, I get a new laptop this week, meaning my net access will be much more handy and convenient, and I will also have more opportunities to write. Stay tuned, as this week should be pretty interesting.

Dr. Sloth

Smash Lord
I see... well, thanks anyway.

I'm REALLY focusing on this project. I'm absolutely determined to finish SS right to the very end.

Currently, i'm able to complete one Act per week. That's a Zone every 2 weeks, and i'm planning to make 8 Zones... 16 weeks... plus I have to make the Special zones... so I figure, if I work at a constant speed, it should be done in 4 months, by the time autumn kicks in.

As for God of War, I want to buy it, but my brother disagrees. He thinks that the game doesn't have a lot of replay value, so i'm trying to talk him into renting it.

Top Bottom