• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wind Waker Link Confirmed? Animal Crosser deconfirmed?

BUM163

Smash Lord
wat u mean stop typin like that? i type how i wanna type. u don't like then don't ****in read. straight up. this ain't school n itz call slang. mayb i teach u a lil sumthin lol

MrLegend

Smash Apprentice
I always thought that people rallying for AC or Toad or someone else that seams too unlikely to fight were taking the whole "moveset for anyone" thing too seriously.

M.K

Level 55
This is ****.

Why the hell do we need TWO Links, one of which is basically Young Link. Animal Crossing deserves a rep just as much as any other franchise. It's unacceptable.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
wat u mean stop typin like that? i type how i wanna type. u don't like then don't ****in read. straight up. this ain't school n itz call slang. mayb i teach u a lil sumthin lol
No, thats quite alright, i'll stick to normal english..

BUM163

Smash Lord
yea no one was speakin 2 u falco. that comment was 4 that kid. i ask u a question b 4 n u seem 2 not answer mr falco aka sakurai. who else is in the game? u seem 2 kno alot

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
yea no one was speakin 2 u falco. that comment was 4 that kid. i ask u a question b 4 n u seem 2 not answer mr falco aka sakurai. who else is in the game? u seem 2 kno alot
What exactly is the question?

I mean, about AC? Come on, Sakurai said in the interview that making a AC character fight was hard, and that he choose to represent the game trough stages and assist trophies.

BUM163

Smash Lord
he didn't say makin an ac character is hard. ya just don't read right. he said yea those characters that we just mention n then he said the rest. read it again witout speedin though it.

BUM163

Smash Lord
Iwata Take Mr. Resetti from Animal Crossing or the dog from Nintendogs. How did you go about choosing these characters?

Sakurai The most important thing was simply whether or not it would make players happy. I mean, there are lots of popular games with characters that just aren’t meant for fighting and were too hard to incorporate into the Smash Bros. title. Heading the list of these characters are the ones from the games we just mentioned, Nintendogs and Animal Crossing.

like i said, i don't agree or disagree. brawl anything is possible. my point that i'm bringing to the table is that, people tend 2 say a character is not in it, because sakurai said sumthin n it b sumthin else. like i said shiek n ice climbers. i'm not tryin 2 get on anyone.

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna keep the Tom Nook dream alive straight up until my hopes are realized/crushed by the official release...as stupid as many SWFers may find that.

BUM163

Smash Lord
regardless i'll have the game by 2morrow or friday. i'll tell ya how it is.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Posted by Sakurai:I mean, there are lots of popular games with characters that just aren’t meant for fighting and were too hard to incorporate into the Smash Bros. title. Heading the list of these characters are the ones from the games we just mentioned, Nintendogs and Animal Crossing.
Read what you just posted man.

rtmcs1017

Smash Cadet
It would be weird to have Wind Waker Link in the game if Sakurai is telling us there won't be any cloned characters.. How could WW Link have a different move set from regular link? Does he wave his Wind Waker and summon a dragon boat on your face? Sounds cool to me, but I'm not sure they're going to add him into the game. Looks like we'll know Thursday though...

Hooray for JP release, boo for US delays..

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
...Sakurai never said there weren't clones.

People thinking there won't be any may wanna prepare themselves for the fact that there probably will be clones in Brawl.

BUM163

Smash Lord
i can read. ok thatz like sayin captain falcon use 2 fight n those were his moves before. cike, the guy never came out his car. oh yea fox, i remember when he had shine into fire fox...... cike never came out his ship. i remember game n watch use to fight off a whole bunch of goons..... cike he use 2 b in a handheld n had only movement. LIKE I SAID, anything n sakurai is fully capable of mindgames. just like when he delay the game 4 times. ya believe when he said the game will be out feb 10 n wat happen?

DumHonkey

Smash Cadet
I hsave no issue with 35 as long as it's a good game. 35 is actually alot. Look how long people have been playing the last one with only 24.

I dunno... maybe I'm just not a wine *****.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Well, I don't think he'd be a duplicate, but I do agree that he'd be a waste of a slot. There are much more interesting characters in the LoZ series that could be there instead of another freaking Link >_>

BUM163

Smash Lord
clones take up space. that's what i think. 35 balance characters would be actually pretty good. since i'm a tourney player. the usual characters are, fox, marth, falco, shiek n peach. hopefully brawl changes that and everyone is playable. also alot more stages, i hope is playable in tourney play also. dk looks better in brawl and so does alot of characters such as bowser n link.

ace_skoot

Smash Rookie
I find it hard to see this as evidence for ww link confirmation, though i really hope he is in, especially if they distance his moves from tp link, making use of his items for b-attacks skull hammer, deku leaf, grapple hook he could be really unique. though seems pretty much confirmed no ACer on the other hand this could mean we get more stages, like some from franchises without playable characters? who knows god can't wait for this game now!!!

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
I know i'd prefer someone other than WW Link. Not that he would be a clone but because he's just another Link :(

Cosine

Smash Apprentice
Yay, Im so happy, I would so agree with Sakurai that the Animal Crossing series is not for fighting, and Im glad to see Young Link return better than ever

CapnJack

Smash Cadet
This is ****.

Why the hell do we need TWO Links, one of which is basically Young Link. Animal Crossing deserves a rep just as much as any other franchise. It's unacceptable.
Why are you and half the other people here being idiots? First of all, you don't get to choose what is "acceptable". Secondly, there is NO CONFIRMATION OF WIND WAKER LINK.

Right after they talk about Wind Waker resources, there's a video showing A WIND WAKER TINGLE TROPHY. There is absolutely NO confirmation about this character being in the game.

Besides, you're all missing the bigger picture. If it's too hard to make an AC characters, it's too hard to make a ROB :p

That's all the confirmation I need.

TheHairyLee

Smash Cadet
Bah im not that bothered about an animal crosser being in it, but that does sound like Cell shaded link will be in it ^.^ uber as hell =D

teamrocketspy621

Smash Cadet
Take The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess from the Zelda series for example. We were able to design the Smash Bros. characters by adapting them just as they were modeled for the original titles.

WW Link trophy says hi.

WW Link won't be playable, at least, not in his original, unrealistic-looking form. I do have a solution to this dilemma, but it's very unlikely to actually happen.

ExtremeBrawler

Smash Cadet
Obviously,I have nothing against WWLink,but why I have to repeat the same thing so many times?!?:laugh:
(I'm talking about the AC Villanger,or Guy,or Superhero/Cena:chuckle:,or anything else...)
Katrina's Sticker:

Sticker with Jigglypuff e Lucario:

Aren't the first Japanese letters the same?!?
So,there is a character for whom it's destinated that sticker.
So,AC character confirmed(I think),and(for your happiness...)35 roster debunked!!!
Will you understand it finally?!?I can't say the same things all the time!!!:chuckle:

DinnerSonic

Smash Cadet
Twilight Princess characters have also been shown as trophies, with models ripped nearly right out of Twilight Princess! (as opposed to based off of them like Link, Zelda, and the Heart Container) It's possible, but they could of been talking about Twilight Princess trophies maybe?

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
aw man i REALLY and i mean REALLY dont want another blonde kid who uses a shield and sword -_- this sucks...

Smash Ace
@first post: I agree with Sakurai in thinking Animal Crossers would make pathetic fighters. as for WW Link... not someone I would have picked (Dr. Mario & Roy FTW!) but if he's in, it'll be my Sonic attitude of acceptance all over again.
=2007=

Smash Apprentice
You could really spread yourself and say that while, yes, he said that games like Animal Crossing have characters that aren't likely to be seen fighting, he never says that ALL the characters in Animal Crossing can't be fighters or that NONE can be adapted to fighting.

<exists>x(x<exists in>Animal Crossing| x can't fight) != <for all>x(x<exists in>Animal Crossing|x can't fight)

Cake Suitcase

Smash Rookie
I honestly think WWLink would be to redundant. why not just make a color change for the Twilight Link to be wind waker link. same move set, same dynamics, just looks different.

i think they should do that for Lucus too, just make a color change for to be Ness, same person. different looks. just like how Peach can be Daisy.

a color change for Fox could be wolf, or hell just add costumes. i think that would make alot of people happy, it avoids clones and people can still be there favorite character.

does anyone agree with me?

Top Bottom