• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Win SMRPG! FMOI's Geno Bash Tourney. ZEONSTAR IS THE CHAMP!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Is SSBBrawlin supposed to be in both the Geno and Jinx brackets? :laugh:
Did I accidently put him twice? :urg: Ah geez... hold on. To whoever asked, I'm just assuming that there hasn't been a 64 man tournament because I haven't seen one that size yet and I've been on here on an almost daily basis since probably May 2007. Yeah, I may have overlooked it so, if anyone knows, how big was that one?

Pk_Starstorm11

Smash Cadet
wait so I don't get it, what do you mean the first 32 play and we are on stand-by after that?

does that mean if your not one of the first 32 we may not get a chance to play :(

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Don't think I'll be able to make this... I have a tournament on Saturday and would be leaving sometime Friday; that means I'd HAVE to do all my matches before I left on Friday, which isn't possible. Sorry (and you're welcome) :)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
wait so I don't get it, what do you mean the first 32 play and we are on stand-by after that?

does that mean if your not one of the first 32 we may not get a chance to play :(
If we get 64 people, then nobody will be on standby and everyone will play. We are really close to reaching that amount now and the deadline's Wendesday so that shouldnt' be too hard.

Beagle007

Smash Apprentice
We really need to advertise this tourney! Ipropose a signature campaign! :) (lol also could someone please tell me how to spell campaign.)

Yaya

Smash Champion
While your still deciding if G&W shall be Playable or not, don't make him playable, he has no reference in SMRPG AT ALL.

Having him in there would be just idiotic.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Not in a skating rink. I'd guess he's a hockey player or something.

Although, I could be totally off.

And lawl anyways at what you said.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You said we can start playing matches early on Tuesday, correct?
I should make the brackets for the first 32 players by tomorrow night, yes.

I just have a comment, wouldn't an fat man on ice turn into a cold man underwater pretty soon?
Funny you should because that's part of the story behind my name.

Not in a skating rink. I'd guess he's a hockey player or something.

Although, I could be totally off.

And lawl anyways at what you said.
No, I don't play hockey.

The story behind my name in four parts:

1. When I was in middle school, I made two comics: one with a super hero who could control food named Fatman and another one where there was a huge fat guy living in Lake Michigan who ate unsuspecting boaters and swimmers. At the time, I thought both of them were absolutely hilarious so I made a little "book" called "128 Ways to Tell if You're Fat." My classmates though it was funny but the faculty wasn't amused and threatened to suspend me for making because it was "insensitive."

2. During my junior year of high school, I made a comic where one of the characters used the expression "It's like a fat man on ice, if he falls, we're totally screwed." In the background, in showed a fat guy falling on ice thus sinking him and like 10 little kids in freezing water. I then began to use the expression but I'm make random changes to it every time I said it. "It's like a fat man on ice, he'll eat a taco, but he won't give you a taco" and stuff like that. Sometimes, I'd just say the first part and then just walk away to confuse whoever I said it to.

3. When I joined Nsider, I wanted to create a name that sounded like a trucker "handle" because that's essentially what screennames are. I wanted my name to be "somethingevilthiswaycomes" but I went with Fatmanonice instead.

4. I'm 6'7 and 50 pounds underweight. The irony is just too awesome. The name also highlights my weirdness because I'm a conservative, agnostic vampire who practices chivalry and doesn't eat artifical food. :laugh:

Mario_ 101

Smash Ace
Leon945 how u get all the character face things in ur sig is by going to edit ur sig, then hit the thing where it says more smilies and they'll be there. And Fatmanonice u were on the Nintendo Nsider forums? That place was awesome (had funny spam n random stuff). I never joined but I should've. Too bad they closed it down...:confused: NINTENDO!:mad:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Leon945 how u get all the character face things in ur sig is by going to edit ur sig, then hit the thing where it says more smilies and they'll be there. And Fatmanonice u were on the Nintendo Nsider forums? That place was awesome (had funny spam n random stuff). I never joined but I should've. Too bad they closed it down...:confused: NINTENDO!:mad:
Yes, I had an account on Nsider and Nsider2. I also go by the same name on Youtube, IGN, GameFAQs, Allisbrawl, and SMRPGlegacy.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Wow fatmanonice, you're insanely tall :laugh:

Anyways, I'd love to join this tourney. It looks like its going to be the biggest tourney of all time. But I have a few questions first (I'm too lazy to check the 1st post)

Is this a 1-2 day tourney?
If it is, when is it going to be held?

Reason I'm asking is I have a few Birthdays coming up, mine included, and I don't want to sign up and then not show up. And I'm not about to miss any parties for a tourney :laugh:

But yeah, I do want to join, and I would have a while ago, so I'm just making sure when this is happening. I don't want to be too hasty :)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wow fatmanonice, you're insanely tall :laugh:

Anyways, I'd love to join this tourney. It looks like its going to be the biggest tourney of all time. But I have a few questions first (I'm too lazy to check the 1st post)

Is this a 1-2 day tourney?
If it is, when is it going to be held?

Reason I'm asking is I have a few Birthdays coming up, mine included, and I don't want to sign up and then not show up. And I'm not about to miss any parties for a tourney :laugh:

But yeah, I do want to join, and I would have a while ago, so I'm just making sure when this is happening. I don't want to be too hasty :)
2 day more than likely; next Saturday and Sunday starting at 1PM Central each day.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
2 day more than likely; next Saturday and Sunday starting at 1PM Central each day.
**** :(
Its probably best if I don't join then, sorry.

Awesome tourney btw! I'm kinda excited to see the results :)

Pk_Starstorm11

Smash Cadet
allright so how do I contact the guy im supposed to fight, and can we fight the guy now or do we have to wait until Saturday and if thats the case do we have a deadline for our fight?

Thanks.

Patience

Smash Rookie
Brawl Before Saturday?

Yes, it would be nice if we could have our brawls a bit sooner, or at least if some people could ask if they could do so. I hope I'm not being a hindrance or anything, it's just that I might be going out this Saturday, and I'm not the only one, too... What do you think?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
allright so how do I contact the guy im supposed to fight, and can we fight the guy now or do we have to wait until Saturday and if thats the case do we have a deadline for our fight?

Thanks.
Yes, you can fight your opponent now if the matchups from your bracket have already been posted. How do you contact him? Through PMs unless he's a NSF member then I'll probably have to do the contacting.

Yes, it would be nice if we could have our brawls a bit sooner, or at least if some people could ask if they could do so. I hope I'm not being a hindrance or anything, it's just that I might be going out this Saturday, and I'm not the only one, too... What do you think?
No, it's fine and I intended for it to be this way to help lighten my load since I have a chemistry exam on Friday and may not even come online on Wednesday and Thursday. If you can contact your opponent, go a head and get your first match in early. If we have entire brackets finishing their first rounds before Saturday then the following rounds can be done early too.

Also, as a side note, there are still 7 spots open in the Axem Ranger bracket to make this a 64 man tournament. If another 7 people don't sign up, the winner of the Jinx bracket will have to fight me to get into the finals.

Top Bottom