• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Willz's Leicester Monthlies (Brawl + Melee): Next Date is 10th OR 17th December

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
its cheaper and easier for me to go to the birmingham ones so dont give up on it...

gm jack

Smash Lord
Shouts outs.

Willz - thanks for hosting, really enjoyed it. Our set was a bit of a choke fest, and I felt games 2 and 3 could have gone either way. Either way, as it stands, gm jack > LC :p

Tim - nice to meet you. You're not bad at all, and you have got a lot of areas which are really strong. Both you and fabulousgeorge really need to work on playing faster in general though, even if it doesn't seem that necessary. I could punish so much because you full hopped and double jumped so much I could always tell what you were planning.

FabulousGeroge- see above

Calzum - gg. Abuse Peach's priority a bit more and you you could improve pretty fast. Peach relies on trading hits with her big moves a lot, so don't be afraid to challenge sheik in the air.

AD - I agree with what LJ said on you needed in work on more areas of your game play than going for the grab. Really enjoyed our set even if I did have to platform camp like a little ***** in order to make it close though.

Prof - I'd have beaten the Roy no problems. But well done on trolling everyone there at the character select screen. Only Tamoos randoms were even close to as good.

Prof and AD - as a team, you really need to work on your 2 vs 1. Me and Yeniths put you in losers from you having a 2 on 1 on george and losing, and nearly got put out of the tournament from having a 2 vs 1 on me (with 3 stocks I think?) to being down to just AD with nearly 100% before I died in a preventable way. You're a really good team for the rest on the game, but those situations should be free wins.

Tamoo - main Zelda. You know you want to.

Yeniths - teaming was good fun, and surprisingly successful.

LJ - ditto your comment

GP - brawl sucks.

Everyone else - ggs

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Okay I've updated the OP and added a past results section :D

I was thinking about doing PR for Melee but it's a bit pointless because the top 5 is like;
1. Willz/Yeniths
2. Willz/Yeniths
3. Brado
4. Calzum
5. ddiz/hao

so yeah pointless lol

btw who won melee doubles?
i have no clue lol

gm jack

Smash Lord
They split. Prof and AD were knocked into losers by me and Yeniths, but then beat us in winners final and then took first set off LJ and Tamoo in GF.

Hao

Smash Journeyman
I think you should host birmingham in term time as myself, tamao are close to brum for uni come like october so it would be good to get them going again then I think :D
My brothers going to uni in Birmingham very soon anyway, so I can just chill round his when there's a tourney on :D
Gimme a shout on FB/here whenever you want it and I'll put it on.

its cheaper and easier for me to go to the birmingham ones so dont give up on it...
Also, I can do VERY limited house sessions at mine (i'm talking like, 2-3 people haha) so seeing how you don't live too far Ddiz I should be down for a session soon-ish. These'll be more like general "levelling up" sessions as opposed to tournaments and what nots but we can still do that.

You as well Yeniths, and you too Willz/Brad/whichever Leicester guy (except Callum 'cuz he's a ****) are also welcome.

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
nothing against u callum but ur such a dsmash w***e and if u dont change that ur gona keep losing to me, and i know thats not a pleasant thought :awesome:

hao that would be super mega ultra awesome, levelling up sessions are exactly what we need atm.....
this is even more motivation for me to start learning to drive

gm jack

Smash Lord
Dsmash is predictable and once you get used to it, more annoying than good. Learn to angle your shield/light shield/shield SDI/space properly/not run into crouch cancels, or any combination of the above and it'll be fine.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
nothing against u callum but ur such a dsmash w***e and if u dont change that ur gona keep losing to me, and i know thats not a pleasant thought :awesome:

hao that would be super mega ultra awesome, levelling up sessions are exactly what we need atm.....
this is even more motivation for me to start learning to drive
Lol I was only dsmashing to **** at te first monthly because that was the first week I got back into smash since SNY Haha

MM ME NOW SON!!!

:phone:

Tamoo

Smash Master
Hmm didn't realise there was a thread for this tournament, will do a mass response :)

Joe: Ain't ever losing to him with Jiggs man, just went low tier on him. Took a set off him though which is a damn sight better than what everybody else at the tournament did!

Hao: Agreed with the rest man, I'll be up for anything you throw as it'll be a short walk (going aston btw) and we can get some good 'levelling up' time too :)

LJ: Yeah surprised I stayed awake all day, had trouble getting to sleep when I got back home somehow :/ Didn't sleep til like 4am. Never doing that again before smash. GL at monthly man, hopefully I can rep UK in Japan at smash or something whilst im there. Slim possiblity of me making monthly (return 22nd but dunno when I leave to go uni) but I wouldn't want to guarantee housing yet just in case. Will let the regulars know tho if i can)

Jack: Seriously considering going all zelda next monthly, although shiek can **** off lol, def jiggs for that mu.

Willz: Really appreciate the tournament, enjoyed it a lot :) Keep on the hosting, will make as much as I can as they're always a good time. Also props to your parents.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Dsmash is predictable and once you get used to it, more annoying than good. Learn to angle your shield/light shield/shield SDI/space properly/not run into crouch cancels, or any combination of the above and it'll be fine.
you really shouldn't be crouch cancelling against a peach :scared:

gm jack

Smash Lord
Trouble is, only a select few have much experience against ICs, and camping them hard is pretty effective. Its really hard to be agro against ICs without a lot of experience against them/being peach.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
:mad: you guys dont realise how annoying that is. if i couldnt play any other characters appart from ICs I'd be pissed. I may retry going all falco one tourney.

where are these vids!!!???
looool yeah I bet, I'm actually glad to know that you were cool when George did it though since that means you're actually starting to focus more and figuring out ways to counter it rather than just raging lol.

Trouble is, only a select few have much experience against ICs, and camping them hard is pretty effective. Its really hard to be agro against ICs without a lot of experience against them/being peach.
I think the best way to play vs ICs is to corner them since they're so doo doo in their shield, but you're right in saying you need a lot of experience to do it effectively. Actually... I think it's more like you just have to be comfortable/not scared to do it, but that's a by product of experience I guess.

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
where are these vids!!!???
I've already said about 100x that my laptop died, due to being on all day. I need a new charger and battery, so yeah stfu with moaning. I ain't really got the time to sort this out anyway as I'm looking for a job and sorting out college stuff which is a bigger priority than recording loooong sets which will take ages to upload of you getting your *** timed out.

rustediron

Smash Lord
I've already said about 100x that my laptop died, due to being on all day. I need a new charger and battery, so yeah stfu with moaning. I ain't really got the time to sort this out anyway as I'm looking for a job and sorting out college stuff which is a bigger priority than recording loooong sets which will take ages to upload of you getting your *** timed out.
What happened to that job you got from Usher? The one with the singing and ****

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Bieber jokes are like 2years old brah, I don't look like him no more

I'll host my next one around November/December time, gonna be hypeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
nah, next up are jokes about his ability to wear shinny jeans without looking too uncomfortable
once again, december is mine, if anyone else claims they will organise a tournament/thing in december i will use gravity to crush them into dust

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Yes December may be "Your's" but I don't expect many people to come to these during term time anyway, other than the people in the area (LC, Hao, Ddiz, George etc.).

So I don't think they'll be any harm in hosting a monthly near your national unless lots of londoners want to randomly come mine > blastzone lol

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well i dunno, its certainly not cheap to come to either, so people will need to make a choice. plus my venue costs a bomb anyway i need a fair amount of people to come to avoid the large loss i made last time

Top Bottom