• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you Wield the Monado and main Shulk?

Well?

• Yes!

Votes: 79 55.2%
  • I've been waiting for this!!

Votes: 64 44.8%

• Total voters

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Almost definitely. Some of his basic attacks and specials are similar to other sword wielders I've used, and his Monado Arts seem very interesting. Only person challinging him right now is Robin.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
For sure!

Gosh, all of these newcomers are so interesting. Shulk, Palutena, Robin, Rosalina, Greninja, soon Bowser Jr.... great lineup of interesting, compelling characters.

Shulk was one of my most wanted newcomers. Love him!

Blue Fang

Smash Cadet
NNID
RedIdol82
Heck yes, I've been thinking about it before he was even revealed but now I'm gonna main him for sure

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, since I already have Rosalina, Mega Man, Link, Ike, Lucina and Little Mac, I may consider playing as him as one of my secondaries. If I wanted to, I could replace one of my mains with him and I can tell you it ain't gonna be Rosalina.

D

Deleted member

No, and Yes. I don't think I can wield the Monado, but I will certainly main Shulk. It seems like quite a commitment though, with figuring out the best situations to buff and whatnot. Good thing my other planned mains are Greninja and Mr. Game & Watch, who aren't nearly as complex. (except for maybe Shadow Sneak)

Last edited by a moderator:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I'll be maining Link because I just love Link but Shulk will definitely very well be my Secondary.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yeah, he's going to be one of my mains no doubt. That trailer blew me away, and he looks like he's going to be a character that has a lot of depth to his playstyle. Can't wait to play as him.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
ive been waiting for shulk since day 1. and i have pretty huge character loyalty issues. shulk looks beautiful and they did an absolutely amazing job on that monado. it looks like they made the moveset in the beginning of development and spent the rest of the time shining that thing up while working on everything else. maining shulk without a doubt along with bowser and dare i speak of the leaked bowser jr :smirk:

EDIT: i have pretty big character loyalty issues so i highly doubt i'll be one of those people who plan to main someone but find someone else better. #bowsersincemelee

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Shulk is definitely one of mine favourites, in terms of playstyle. Plus, I've always liked sword wielders in Smash, especially the ones with a long reach. That said, he will definitely be one of the first characters I try out, assuming he is a starter (which I doubt).

Last edited:

Glorfindel

Smash Rookie
Definately. He and Dunban were my most wanted newcomers, so I'm so hyped to get the new game and try him out. Marth has always been my first main in all the games, and he still will be played a lot. But he needs to share the spot with Shulk, no doubt about that.

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Considering I've wanted Shulk in for so long, I think I will. The modes will make him hard to master, but I appreciate the challenge.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Shulk would have been my main if Robin hadn't been revealed first. Even so, I plan to use him a lot.

He shall be my secondary. Because I think he's that awesome.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Had you asked prior to the trailer I would have said no. Now however... The answer is Most definitely.

Ghoti

Smash Cadet
Shulk is definitely one of the most technical characters to enter SSB. It appears that he has a lot of competitive viability, and after analysing his moveset and gameplay (from the leak and the trailer), I think that once we learn how to use him, he will be a top tier character. I can't wait to play as him. He is my favourite character so far.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Having wielded the monado for the first time in Xenoblade as Shulk just now... my interest in this character keeps growing

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I've never played Xenoblade, but I was pretty impressed with what I saw in his trailer so I'm tempted. It'll be hard to dislodge Pit, but you never know...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Probably won't main him since I don't have that attachment to him but I will probably find him really easy to use so I might experiment with him.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
It all depends on how the Monado arts will work actually. I will for sure try him out as I plan to play as every character, but I hope switching arts isnt as cubersome as I imagine it being.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
This game I intend to have 7 mains, 8 if Mewtwo is back. Although I'll be playing with everyone a lot, looks like Shulk, Pac-Man, Villager, Mega Man. Little Mac, Bowser Jr, and DHD will all be mains of mine.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
THU POWAH OF THA MON-AH-DOH will make a formidable opponents. So overflown with POWAH, that I might tempt to co-main the weilder of THU POWAH OF THA MON-AH-DOH once I fully comprehend what the TRUE meaning is, of THU POWAH OF THU MON-AH-DOH is by playing Xenoblade. So far, I'll probably be one of the unfortunate ones who will get to endure endless strikes of THU POWAH OF THU MON-AH-DOH but I guess I'll have to endure it.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Shulk is definitely one of the most technical characters to enter SSB. It appears that he has a lot of competitive viability, and after analysing his moveset and gameplay (from the leak and the trailer), I think that once we learn how to use him, he will be a top tier character. I can't wait to play as him. He is my favourite character so far.
I don't think he will be the most technical, I believe that title would belong to Rosalina. :p
/opinions

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Noticed that plenty of people in here either plan on maining Shulk and having Robin as a secondary, or the other way around. Cool :D They were my two most wanted, so I plan on using both if I can, though, the #1 slot will be going to Shulk. My other favorite Nintendo characters will be fighting for secondary roles.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I'll main him if I like him.

He's definitely looking to be main material, though.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Since Shulk is the newcomer I easily wanted the most, and since his reveal is the one that hyped me up the most, I have no issue with having to spend some time learning which modes function the best in what situations. I can already tell that he will be one of the best characters when mastered. Even if he was Brawldorf tier, I would still main him.

Fex13

Smash Apprentice
if i like his playstyle i'll main him (alongside lucina probably)

Culex127

Smash Rookie
NNID
Culex127
3DS FC
2122-7040-2228
I can't wait for the release of Smash Bros 4! Shulk is definitely gonna be my new main!

ConeZ

Smash Apprentice
Shulk is one of the characters I am most interested in xD
I wanna use him, Megaman, Greninja, Robin, and hopefully Wario xD

Shulk definitely looks really fun though!

ferioku

Smash Ace
He's the only sword character id play deeply... I'll Definitely main him alongside Kirby, Ness, Megaman Olimar and Wolf if he is DLC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom