• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you Wield the Monado and main Shulk?

Well?

• Yes!

Votes: 79 55.2%
  • I've been waiting for this!!

Votes: 64 44.8%

• Total voters

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Now that Monado Boy's been officially confirmed, are you planning to main Shulk as a primary, secondary and so on?

He's my most wanted newcomer, effectively taking the spot of primary main, sorry Lucina.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
No doubt about it. Definitely will be maining Shulk. Just look at the background of my posts :shades:

spd12

Smash Cadet
NNID
PinkDodecahedron
3DS FC
0104-0418-0459
Probably not specifically, as I have not played XBC and do not have the love of the character most you guys posting on this thread do.

Sakurai's done a great job encompassing key details of characters this go-around in translating them to Smash, I feel. Every time I do put the cursor on him to give him a spin, I'm sure I'll have a blast. Even if 'having a blast' consists of 'stealing kills with Buster all the time in FFA and foregoing the other four boosts entirely,' probably.

Either way he looks well made and fun to play on his own merits, even without the nostalgic fan attachment, and that's worthy of respect and a few rounds regardless.

EDIT: Smash. I mean Smash mode. The one that launches people furthest. That sort of thing.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm sorry, there are other characters in this game?

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I can't say. I'm a big Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, and Pokémon fan, so my plan is to main Robin, Lucina, Pit, Dark Pit, Lucario, Charizard, and Marth.

However, Smash is a series where I pick up characters that I've never known and give them a go. I've been generally neutral on Shulk, but his trailer today for me was an eye opener. He looks really fun. I heavily favor characters that use swordplay (look at my list of mains) and Shulk falls right into that category. I didn't know much about Fire Emblem when I mained Marth and Roy in Melee and I knew nothing about Kid Icarus but I played as Pit in my second match of Brawl. Shulk could be one of those characters that grows on me... and it's looking like that's going to be the way because his trailer today got me hyped.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
How could I not?

No, seriously, he seems to have the steepest learning curve of any character so far. If you're gonna use him, you have to main him.

And I am perfectly fine with that.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
I don't usually main characters, but I'm seriously considering maining Shulk anyway.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Yes, I will certainly main him. It's gonna be amazing.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I love my strategic characters so I'll definitely learn Shulk, I dunno if I'll main him though but I do at least want to get decent with him.

Chaos15

Smash Apprentice
Proably not. Nothing against Shulk but he ain't Female Robin.
Plus I don't feel attached to the character since I haven't play Xenoblade yet..... even though I bought the thing on release date.....

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
Without a doubt. Maining Shulk is the only answer.

And besides, Lucas appears to be out so I guess I need a new main anyway :p

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I want to main him, but then, I want to main everyone. I do like characters who can change how they play during the course of battle, so with transformations gone, I feel like I'll enjoy him.

Enyalb

Hardcore Wonder-Casual Dragoon
NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
He's definetly on my "to main" list, but he's gonna have fierce competetion between Greninja, Palutena, and Robin for the final decision. So far I'm liking his buff style of play, it's something you don't see in a lot of fighters and really unique.

D

Deleted member

I might have him be one of my mains. I have to see if I can manage his Monado modes in battle!
So, once I get the game and actually play as him, I will know. Main or not, I'm glad that he is here.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
ABSOLUTELY. No other newcomer has made me so excited. Not to mention he was my number one most wanted newcomer. I'm going to play him forever.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I'll give him a try.

Even though you are excited about Shulk getting in, you should give people more options.

For those of you curious here is my planned characters to main:

:4lucina::4littlemac::4myfriends::4kirby::4dedede::4bowser::4diddy::4pit::4villager::4samus::4megaman::4tlink:/:4link: :4shulk:

Last edited:

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
I'm not big on claiming mains before a game comes out. (It hasn't worked out for me. lol) I plan on playing everybody and picking the proper character I feel will work best for each matchup.

That being said, Shulk seems to be able to cover a lot of his own weaknesses, with the exception of recovery.

On the other hand, I mained Ike in Brawl and this guy seems like Super Ike in some ways.

johno1995

Smash Cadet
Never played Xenoblade but he looks AWESOME. Definitely can't wait to try him out!

lami

Smash Journeyman
I can't wait to play around with his Monado forms and see what the best use is for each situation. I plan on being in the forefront of competitive Shulk discussion. We e-Shulks now.

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
Now that Monado Boy's been officially confirmed, are you planning to main Shulk as a primary, secondary and so on?

He's my most wanted newcomer, effectively taking the spot of primary main.
I just want to help you with your signature, it appears his side special is Back Slash. If you notice the special moves have a red trail in the sword (including Air Slash). Plus it has a lot of lag before it strikes and we know what his side-smash is.

Greninja'd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Asianbanana
3DS FC
0645-5951-1667
To many characters to play as. @-@
But I will main him.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Definitely, i'm gonna main him along with R.O.B.

Solar Crimson

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolarCrimson
3DS FC
1504-6082-4629
Definitely. Though he does look to have a bit of a learning curve, for Shulk, I'm willing to put in the time.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I could never play stance characters in other fighting games, so idk. He looks so good though...

AppleCracker

Smash Apprentice
I might play as him.... But I might not.... But I will! But I won't... I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

Last edited:

Chaos15

Smash Apprentice
Proably not. Nothing against Shulk but he ain't Female Robin.
Plus I don't feel attached to the character since I haven't play Xenoblade yet..... even though I bought the thing on release date.....
That said.
SHULK IS STRONGER THERE IS! SHULK SMASH!

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I probably will if I can actually learn how to play with the stances well enough.

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561

He's my most wanted newcomer, effectively taking the spot of primary main, sorry Lucina.
I'm gonna have to try him out for a bit first, then I might main him.

Top Bottom