• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you Wield the Monado and main Shulk?

Well?

• Yes!

Votes: 79 55.2%
  • I've been waiting for this!!

Votes: 64 44.8%

• Total voters

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Maybe I might do that if I like his moves, playstyle, and approach when I actually play as Shulk.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Eh, I'll definitely try him out, but there are too many characters I want to use already. This is the problem with large rosters!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I haven't played Xenoblade myself but Shulk does look like an interesting character. I'll see if I like his playstyle when I try him the first few times. He might end up becoming one one of my secondaries.

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
While Shulk looks interesting to play as, I'm already maining Ike, which I have also done in SSBB. He would make a fun rival, though, considering both characters wield huge swords.

^-^

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If Snake doesn't make it in I'll gladly take him over Pac-Man.

That sword just looks so badass to use and his multi form balance is an intriguing concept.

Bravo

Smash Cadet
NNID
E.Bravo
3DS FC
0877-2579-3179
Absolutely! He will be my secondary to Link, I've always wanted to believe the leak only because of Shulk! If Link ends up sucking (yet again) he might even get my top spot! Might have to see how R.O.B. turns out too, because now I believe in the leak.

Anyways, "Monado! Show me the way!".

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I'd main Shulk even if he was a Ganondorf clone. That being said, I am so glad he isn't a Ganondorf clone.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Was actually gong to make a perler Monado a while back, but I didn't have enough red to fit the design I came up with. Massive respect, though.
I actually just bought it a while back. I don't have the materials so I just got it for like 6 bucks.
Now that I know how to make them I feel like making my own.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Hey there again. Well, I feel like I've had a change of heart- I'm getting even more and more excited for Shulk. After watching his gameplay, he reminds me of a bunch of characters that I've used in the past and fits my playstyle well. While he's not Robin-level hyped for me, I could see him easily being what Marth was to me in Melee- a surprise character that I wind up loving. The more I think about him, the more I realize that he's actually probably going to wind up as one of my mains in my rotation.

My earlier post if anyone needed a refresher:

I can't say. I'm a big Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, and Pokémon fan, so my plan is to main Robin, Lucina, Pit, Dark Pit, Lucario, Charizard, and Marth.

However, Smash is a series where I pick up characters that I've never known and give them a go. I've been generally neutral on Shulk, but his trailer today for me was an eye opener. He looks really fun. I heavily favor characters that use swordplay (look at my list of mains) and Shulk falls right into that category. I didn't know much about Fire Emblem when I mained Marth and Roy in Melee and I knew nothing about Kid Icarus but I played as Pit in my second match of Brawl. Shulk could be one of those characters that grows on me... and it's looking like that's going to be the way because his trailer today got me hyped.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
His stance mechanic looks very exciting to me: so many ways to use him, depending on the situation. And it lets me play around too.

I look forward to main him, honestly.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I love my complex fighters, a la Olimar and Ness.

I'll give Shulk a whirl. :D

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
While I've never played Xenoblade, I've definitely gained interest in playing Shulk. As for maining, I don't know. So many characters I want to play right now it's ridiculous XD.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
I'm excited for him since I'm still playing Xenogears and Played through Xenosaga episode 1. I haven't played any of the newer games but back in the day there was only Final Fantasy 7 and Xenogears. Everyone at my age played those two games.

Bloop

Smash Journeyman
I want to, very badly.
I'm usually bad with stance characters though, but if I don't main him, it won't be from lack of want or trying.
Only way I'm not is if I'm so awful at him I can't justify it.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
If Lucas doesn't return, Shulk will be my secondary for sure. Sorry, but Bowser, : p. Shulk still looks amazing though, defintely gonna use him alot.

Downdraft

Smash Ace
Now that Monado Boy's been officially confirmed, are you planning to main Shulk as a primary, secondary and so on?

He's my most wanted newcomer, effectively taking the spot of primary main, sorry Lucina.
Shulk was anticipated before the leak; I didn't care. Shulk was confirmed in the recent leak; I still wasn't interested. Then I watched his trailer, and I'm having second thoughts. He's the first male character that stands out to me, so I will give him a shot.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
The plan is to main Ike but Shulk's style might have me make the switch. I'll know for sure once I get him in my hands, but it's looking pretty likely right now

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well admitedly I like playing with a lot of different characters. However I'm going to be playing with Shulk the most often.

Unless a certain earth shaking adept has something to say about it.

Last edited:

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
Automatic main for me. His moveset looks awesome! :D

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Just look at the title of his reveal trailer, and you'll have my answer. There's no way I'm not maining him, with Robin and Tink as close secondaries.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I have been waiting for this moment. Yes, I will be maining him. No doubt in my mind <3

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I've been waiting for a long time to main Shulk, planning way a head of time so I know what I'm getting myself into.

Though the thing I have to remind people is that if you do intend to use Shulk, remember that the #1 thing you'll have to worry about is learning when and where to use Shulk's Arts system to your advantage.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, I love Xenoblade Chronicles, and Shulk looks like he'll be pretty interesting as a character. I think I'll definitely try to make him one of my mains.

...But this game has so many characters I want to main...

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Eh....he looks interesting, but I just don't like playing Sword characters in general. I'm going to stick with Robin and Luigi for now.

Morbi

Scavenger
Probably not, my sister is interested in Shulk, so he is; more likely than not, off limits. Other than that, he does not interest me too much. I expected A LOT more out of him to be completely and utterly honest.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Most likely I will not. He's got too much competition from :4bowser::4pit::4yoshi::4robinm::4charizard:&:4myfriends:. I'm definitely interested in trying him out though.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Mario has been my primary for years, but in Brawl I think Olimar was my primary simply because he was a much better character. I love the changes they made to Olimar, so he will probable be my second main. Hopefully they buffed Mario enough to keep him relevant and prevent him from falling into my secondary category, but I think I'm going to go hard with Shulk and make him my top main. After watching a couple of Chuggs vids I completely fell in love with both the character and the series as a whole and ordered Xenoblade online right after; he is my most anticipated newcomer and I can't wait to master the arts :D

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Heck yes!! i guess i'll have to make Samus a secondary now.
I'm really digging his changing the Monado arts ability.

Last edited:

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
I intend to use him lots. I hope I can pull it off.... no... I WILL pull it off!

I have so many characters to try. I certainly have my hands full.

Rood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rood2790
I personally won't be playing him, but I'm happy he was announced. He definitely deserves the spot. Good luck to everyone that's gonna be maining him!

Top Bottom