• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you Wield the Monado and main Shulk?

Well?

• Yes!

Votes: 79 55.2%
  • I've been waiting for this!!

Votes: 64 44.8%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

After thinking about it, yes. I will try to main Shulk to the best of my ability.

eWaltz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Waltz.exe
Looking forward to it. Shulk, Robin, and Ike will probably be my go-to's.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Given that Shulk was one of my most requested character's and he comes from one of my favourite games of all time, Xenoblade Chronicles, the answer is a hearty YES!!! Sakurai and his team did an excellent job at incorporating Shulk's move's, particularly his Monodo arts, into his move set and for someone who is a HUGE Xenoblade Chronicles fan, I couldn't be happier with the way Shulk turned out. He can literally adapt to almost any character or situation which is freaking amazing!

I'M REALLY FEELING IT!!! :4shulk::4shulk::4shulk:

Last edited:

Monado Boy

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I will. Shulk's been my most wanted character for Smash 4 ever since I first played Xenoblade Chronicles, and his inclusion made my hype jump for Smash 4.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
As someone who didn't really care about Shulk or Xenoblade Chronicles, I'll admit that pretty interested in using Shulk. I'm thinking that I'll use him a lot with Extreme Monado Arts and just Buster all day. The fact that he can alter his own stats at will seems pretty legit, so I'll definitely give him a try.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I've got other characters I will main but I will still use Shulk. He seems like a fun and interesting character. Just hope he isn't too hard to use though.

The_Goofyborn

Smash Cadet
NNID
The_Goofyborn
How could I not main him? He's really feeling it!

Seriously though, Shulk looks like he is gonna be a blast to play. He's gonna be the second character I play on the 3DS version, Sonic getting the privilege of being the first character I play this time around. Cool to see a lot of fellow Shulk mains here

Aaronrules380

Smash Rookie
I plan to main him, though I can't say for sure without ever playing him. That said, my favorite characters are generally the sword wielding characters, and I doubt I'll have a problem with his playstyle

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
As of now, Shulk definitely will be my main. I've always been rooting more for Isaac when it comes to blonde J-Rpg protagonists, but you'll have to take what you get.
Jokes aside, I've loved Xenoblade, Shulk seems like one of the most interesting characters to play in the history of Smash and having Dunban appear in his Final Smash certainly does not lower his chances of being my main.

Agent Emerald

Smash Journeyman
I intend to main Shulk because of the range of his moves look amazing. Monado arts are also an interesting concept and make him stand out among the sword users. A certain Chuggaaconroy may have also gotten me interested in Shulk before he was even confirmed.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
Shulk is easily the most fun to play despite being extremely difficult to play well. Robin is a close second, but I can't stand his dinky melee range most of the time. I don't like being campy, but sometimes it just works to play that way.

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to master shulk and keep a pocket sheik counter (if there exists one) or I find counter pick stages to take sheik to. Xenoblade is one of my favorite JRPGs, I can't pass this opportunity, I know he has a very sharp learning curve and I want to win, but I'll learn his tricks and dominate that way, I only ever take two characters to play in any smash game. Its looking like Shulk and Lucario are going to be my picks this round.

SpatialPSI

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Regent_EX
3DS FC
1091-7941-1344
I think I'll make Shulk my main this game. I'm playing Xenoblade right now and I'm loving it even though I'm stuck. Playing as Shulk is really fun for me in Smash, and I feel like I have a lot to learn, but that's what's I like about him.

Top Bottom