• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will The Future Change? - Crono for Smash Support Thread

LightningHelix

Smash Cadet
You got my support, even though I doubt it will happen, I would literally pass out from joy if it did.

Check out Card Saga Wars moveset, I think Crono's moveset should be more or less identical to that.

Since its a Akira touriyama design, you could even have a Goku Alt.

D

Deleted member

You got my support, even though I doubt it will happen, I would literally pass out from joy if it did.

Check out Card Saga Wars moveset, I think Crono's moveset should be more or less identical to that.

Since its a Akira touriyama design, you could even have a Goku Alt.
I played Card Saga Wars and I really like their rendition of Crono, most of his A moves from my moveset are based on CSW moves, actually.
Only issue is that while I love how they did the Double Techs, I don't think those would translate well into Smash. Though the way they did Lightning I would be a cool special for him to have as it would be a sort of mixture between Snake's C4 and Pikachu's Thunder.

The best thing about having a Crono support thread is that i don't need any context to share this:
4:17 the part with Frog's theme is so epic, gives me the chills everytime.

But a bit of context anyway, i was just day dreaming about which song from the OST would make the best remix for Smash. There are so many great songs that only a medley could do justice to this masterpiece of a soundtrack imo. Then I remembered about the one from l'orchestre de jeux video.

More Crono music from l'OJV:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Crono.png

It's been a blast to play Super Smash Bros Ultimate, and the roster is already perfect, but it still does not stop Nintendo and Sakurai from expanding the roster, and one of those characters I could see making it, or at least would be plenty of fun is Crono from Chrono Trigger.

While I've never played the game itself, I still think the concept and characters of the series are pretty cool, and I do prefer them over Dragon Quest, another Final Fantasy character, and ... Sora. No, seriously, I love Kingdom Hearts, but I don't really crave Sora.

Crono is for those people who want Akira Toriyama characters, aka Goku, but a legal one, and another interesting new sword fighter that is NOT Fire Emblem, and for those reasons, I'd like to support the character during DLC speculation period.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I doubted the possibility of Crono, but a very convincing "leak" had come about. It seems to have predicted Joker and the rest of the list seems to make alot of sense. The datamining part is a little more iffy, but maybe it will give us a bit of hope?

https://www.elecspo.com/games/super-smash-bros/crono-in-smash-bros-ultimate-dlc-leaks-and-rumors
Hey Crono is in a fake leak! At least he's getting some sort of recognition :p

From what i know (and i'm no expert) 4chan leaks don't hold much credibility. The pool of fake leaks there is so large that it's not uncommon to see some part of some fake leak being right while the rest is total bs... also if the screencap was taken after Joker's reveal there's a good chance the post was modified to include Joker (using a tool like Source Element), unfortunately it's common practice.

Still, there's a micro possibility it could be real (micro minuscule, like the 'winning the lottery and being struck by lightning the same day' kind of probability :p)

As for the datamining, i tend to think it's a hoax too mainly because no info about DLC have been found in the code and people have already datamined everything a few days before the game officially came out... so it's almost undoubtedly fake.

I understand your intentions tho, 11/10 for the goodwill.
You'd be shocked if anything good happened to you, judging by the way you post.
A bit rude and an unnecessary personal attack don't you think?

Last edited:
Have you seen her in the Shadow thread? It's all doom and gloom about how Shadow is not only neglected, but deserves to be neglected.
No i haven't but if there's any problems in the Shadow thread it's not a very good idea to spread them in other threads imo. Also i understand your frustration but there's a difference between pessimistic opinions and personal attacks, i'm sure you understand that. If you think someone is trolling or flaming just report the message, ignore the user, contact a mod or the top tier solution: talk it out respectfully with the user via private message. Speaking of PM, If you want to continue this conversation i strongly suggest you private message me instead of us derailing the thread.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
No i haven't but if there's any problems in the Shadow thread it's not a very good idea to spread them in other threads imo. Also i understand your frustration but there's a difference between pessimistic opinions and personal attacks, i'm sure you understand that. If you think someone is trolling or flaming just report the message, ignore the user, contact a mod or the top tier solution: talk it out respectfully with the user via private message. Speaking of PM, If you want to continue this conversation i strongly suggest you private message me instead of us derailing the thread.
As you wish.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I always heard of this character before, but never researched him until now.

For a game of its time, Chrono Trigger looks pretty amazing. The graphics and animations remind me of Tales of Phantasia. Due to his popularity, I could see this character making the cut, especially since Smash Ultimate is recruiting high-profile fighters. Though, since I haven't played Chrono Trigger, I don't know what this character can do. At the very least, I think he should have a unique gimmick, so he doesn't end up being another simple sword user.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I always heard of this character before, but never researched him until now.

For a game of its time, Chrono Trigger looks pretty amazing. The graphics and animations remind me of Tales of Phantasia. Due to his popularity, I could see this character making the cut, especially since Smash Ultimate is recruiting high-profile fighters. Though, since I haven't played Chrono Trigger, I don't know what this character can do. At the very least, I think he should have a unique gimmick, so he doesn't end up being another simple sword user.
You should definitely play Chrono Trigger if you get a chance. Easily one of the top ten games of all time imo.

D

Deleted member

The character I want to be the SE rep is Geno, but if it can't be him, I want it to be this guy. I support!

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Next to Geno and Mallow, Crono is someone I'd love to see in Smash.

Geno and Crono, two amazing reps from the SNES era. I'd love to see these two in the same game. :)

D

Deleted member

What are all the consoles Chrono Trigger is available on?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Even ignoring the fact this is a website leak(lol), they spelled Crono with an "H". I could buy it due to the oage being in, say, Japanese but it's clearly in English so lol
Chrono is his actual name. He's only called "Crono" in game because names in Chrono Trigger only supported up to five characters.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Chrono is his actual name. He's only called "Crono" in game because names in Chrono Trigger only supported up to five characters.
It's not the official spelling. Every piece of official English material refers to him as Crono.
Was it because of limited character space? Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that's how he's called.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It's not the official spelling. Every piece of official English material refers to him as Crono.
Was it because of limited character space? Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that's how he's called.
Well, this leak is dead. I knew it was most likely fake.

PhaseDistorter

Smash Rookie
I think it's just Sakurai pointing out a cool custom stage, but it's nice to hear him write about the game. Apparently people were talking about Chrono Trigger on his Twitter timeline, since it won Famitsu's best of Heisei award.

Last edited:

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Considering that Chuggaaconroy is about to start an LP on Chrono Trigger; and how His LP choices tend to line up with Nintendo Announcements; His chances rose up; and Plus, Crono has a Lot more to offer in smash than the dreadfully generic Erdrick. . .

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Considering that Chuggaaconroy is about to start an LP on Chrono Trigger; and how His LP choices tend to line up with Nintendo Announcements; His chances rose up; and Plus, Crono has a Lot more to offer in smash than the dreadfully generic Erdrick. . .
I love Crono and all but he really doesn't have more to offer than Erdrick. They're about the same - standard RPG heroes designed by Akira Toriyama who use magic and swords. No need to be like this.

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
I love Crono and all but he really doesn't have more to offer than Erdrick. They're about the same - standard RPG heroes designed by Akira Toriyama who use magic and swords. No need to be like this.
Crono still has more Moveset Potentials, and more Soundtrack(Imagine hearing a Smashified Remix of Frog's Theme or Robo's Theme, or best of all, The Battle theme from the game) Potential & DLC Spirits(such as Schala, Magus, Frog, Marle, Lucca, Robo, Ayla, Lavos, etc), or what kind of Stages they could use.

KillerCage

Smash Master
So who here (besides me) is watching Chuggaaconroy's Let's Play of Chrono Trigger?

Yes, I'm a supporter of Crono.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Honestly at this point a Spirit would get me super hyped. Shows the series is on the radar.

Top Bottom