• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will The Future Change? - Crono for Smash Support Thread

D

Deleted member

I think it's safe to assume Geno is out of contest, since he was shown being a spirit, so yeah, this is probably Crono's chance to shine, his only rivals are Sora(which I think is not probable of happening at all, due to Disney) and a Dragon Quest character for the Square rep spot.
I don't think Spirits necessarily deconfirm characters tbh snd even then, Crono would have to fight through Sora(who, regardless of Disney, still needs Square's approval), DQ, another FF character, Lara Croft, Bravely Default, etc.
Basically anyone that has been relevamt in the past decade because the last thing we got was a ****ty Steam port and Square's interest in the IP is as big as the FF music selection in Smash.

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
can we potentially get a crono support banner to put in our signatures? i'd like to have one in mine personally

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Really hope Chrono makes it, he would be both unexpected yet well received, his game is a legend as well, so he absolutely deserves a place in Smash Bros. I support.

KHJason95

Smash Cadet
NNID
KHJason20
Switch FC
SW-4391-8530-5723
Now Crono is a 60% for me, Noctis is a 20% and Sora is a 40% for me.

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
Crono is pretty much the only character I want in the game now with exception of banjo.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I want Crono in smash ultimate he kinda has a chance better than Sora or DQ and I want my Chrono Trigger Musics in smash c mon Square give me that.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
If my boy Geno doesn't get in; Crono would be a worthy character to take the Square rep Mantle for him; Better than any Dragon Quest character could. Count me in!

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
If verg is right about a square rep and if spirits (equipable) deconfirm characters. Then I can't really see it being any other character esp. with the continual remakes or reports? onto the ds, phones, steam, etc.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
If Sora doesn't make it in then Crono would be the next best thing, well him & 2B. Add me to the support list!

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I love Chrono Trigfer. But tbh I would prefer Frog over Crono. Just more interesting to me.

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
I love Chrono Trigfer. But tbh I would prefer Frog over Crono. Just more interesting to me.
I think either ayla, or magus would be awesome fighters if they wanted to avoid more sword fighters IMO.

D

Deleted member

I certainly wouldn't mind another party member but I doubt that would ever happen. Sakurai loves his protagonists.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Which is why Frog and Crono are the most likely. Frog is arguably the deaurtagonist of Chrono Trigger

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I've never posted in here before, but in the Geno thread, I did say Chrono would be my 3rd choice for a SE character... But being honest with myself, I'd rather have Frog over Crono, but I know that protagonists usually come first.

So what i'm saying is, consider me a supporter... though i'm kind of a casual CT fan who has only played the game once when it hit the DS.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Same, I would prefer Frog who IS the secondary protag and arguably way more important to the story of all the companions except Magus. I would be fine with Crono tho.

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
I think Magus would prob be my favorite as a fighter because he has access to ALL the diff types of magic allowing for a much more varied moveset.

His b-moves could work kinda like feeling it boy's sword

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Even though I'm very late to the party!

I would totally throw my support for Chrono to be Square's DLC if Geno somehow doesn't make it in the first wave.

All I gotta say is that Magus' theme better be one of the soundtracks we can get fight to (especially if you're playing as someone like Mewtwo, Ganondorf or Ridley and to a degree, Dark Pit, Simon and Richter who would fit very well under that theme), also forget Robo assist trophy (although the possibility of Robo-Rolling foes would be hilariously priceless to see), gimme a Magus Assist Trophy (if not, Frog will do).

In before Ayla gets the playable spot over Chrono!

D

Deleted member

I find it funny how many Geno fans say "if it ain't Geno, then make it Crono". Maybe I should pay the Geno thread a visit someday

I'm so glad this thread is a thing.

How about this?

Much appreciated.

D

Deleted member

Dream scenario:
Chrono is revealed and Toriyama himslef made the trailer (in anime format like Palutena's) we could get something awesome like this:

Oh btw, i totally support Crono!
While I don't think any DLC characters will get animated trailers, this is certainly one of my wettest dreams.

EGsmash

Smash Apprentice
Also supporting Crono.
I just imagine he would play like if Marth and Robin had a baby who was raised by Cloud and grew up friends with Roy and Ice Climbers.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If Crono was ever playable, I'd like them to figure out a way to incorporate the dual and triple attacks into his attacks because that was by far the most memorable gameplay aspect of the game. My personal bias would want the partners to be Frog and Lucca but it would honestly probably be Frog and Marle.

D

Deleted member

If Crono was ever playable, I'd like them to figure out a way to incorporate the dual and triple attacks into his attacks because that was by far the most memorable gameplay aspect of the game. My personal bias would want the partners to be Frog and Lucca but it would honestly probably be Frog and Marle.
I couldn't see it being anyone other than Marle and Lucca tbh, unless they wanted to reference the boxart and go with Marle/Frog. But their duality of Fire and Ice spells makes it much easier to base a Double Tech moveset and differentiate them(unlike Frog and Marle's Water and Ice spells, respectively), not to mention Delta Force, their Triple Tech, could work as a Final Smash if Luminaire wasn't it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think they'd go with Frog just because he's by far the most popular partner, maybe even more popular than Crono himself. Thinking on this, it makes me wish that Crono spirit "leak" had been real. What's up with Square Enix and ****ty cell phone ports anyways? Such a waste...

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Frog would be awesmone as a playable char tho.
He would, but we already have far too many sword-wielders in Smash as it is! (thanks FE), so that destroys Frog's chances, only way he would be unique is if he can somehow do his signature Cross-Strike without the need of Chrono.

And he's not the dual-protagonist of CT, Marle and Lucca play far more important roles in the game's overall story arch than Frog does (the only time Frog really gets his moment in the game's storyline is during the Magus quest (after beating him Frog disappears in the story's events (even though you dfpo have the option to bring him along anyways) and he's the main focus during the quest to bring Chrono back to life (the latter of which Marle plays a bigger role in), basically the entire roster of CT all have their own story arch within the game itself (Lucca going back in time to try and fix an accident in her own home, Robo fighting a female counterpart of himself and later on helping to plant trees in the Middle Ages, Magus wanting to save his sister ect. ect.), so in hindsight, it's Chrono first as the main protagonist then everyone else gets a shot at leading!

Granted if Chrono does make it in as DLC, the entire CT party will get repped in some form (so Frog's appearance is guaranteed, just don't expect him to be playable, assist trophy possibly (best case scenario is he is one of Chrono's many summons in his moveset).

Last edited:
Top Bottom