• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will snake ruin ssb?

Corrupted Fate

Smash Rookie
:mad: I think snake is not a ssb type guy he is more of a sneak up behind and snap there neck it doesn't work for htis type of game. The A moves that he was give don't work he lays mines and shots rockets in the air look at what smash dojo says about him in the 1st line. does he work and i'm just missing it tell me what you think.

Gh0stNinja

Smash Rookie
It's true that Snake is a little bit different, but compared to the other characters in smash he's really not all that out of place. I trust the dev's will balance him out and he'll make smash a bit more diversified and unique. Certainly not "ruin" it, that in itself would be pretty hard to accomplish.

geemann2236

Smash Journeyman
There's nothing wrong with having Snake in Brawl at all. He's an awesome third party character, so who gives a dam when we find out that he shoots rockets. He's freaking snake, which makes him awesome.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
He really doesn't fit in, indeed. But he does have original moves and an original playstyle, so I'm all for him in Brawl. Plus, it gets people that care only about realistic characters that act badass to buy Smash Bros. Admit it, he feels badass compared to cute little characters like Yoshi and Kirby, and it opens a whole new world of jokes.

Chepe

Smash Lord
No game loses from having Snake in it. Dead serious...

Anyway, now that we have Zero Suit Samus, both fit in well in this more serious installment. If the dragon-who-must-not-be-named makes it in as well, then the whole "too serious" argument is null and void.

Either way, you will get used to it soon enough. Im sure I wasnt the only one who first thought Marth and Roy didnt fit in Melee, because they werent "wacky" enough. Am I over that though!

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
1. People are aloud to use technology, not just space animals
2. Snake -isnt- out of place. Look at yoshi. He's a Dinosaur who thinks hes a Dragon.

Snake is good. your just one of those people that thinks they wont like Brawl because it isnt melee.

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that he will ruin brawl, but question is does the fact that his A moves are projectiles make him unique or out of place?

iMichael

Smash Lord
Yeah having one of the greatest characters of all time be put in one of the greatest games of all time....stupid a** thread.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Smash is about the contrast of characters that don't really fit together in the first place from very different worlds.

Snake fits in perfectly

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I'm one of the few that thinks he does not belong in a game like Brawl, atleast that's what I thought at first. We have guns, Samus, Fox, and the item guns. We have swords, Link, Ike, Beam Sword. We have motion sensor bombs so his mines aren't really that bad.

But if I see him snapping people's necks it will be a different story. <_<;;

Andromeda

Smash Lord
If the Metal Gear Solid-series was released for Nintendo's systems (not looking at Twin Snakes here), the opinion about him being out of place would've been very different. Snake is not out of place, he's a videogame-character.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Snake can not ruin a game with a pink alien, a green dinosaur, an italian plumber, and a tie sporting ape.

Blasphemy.

Snake may be the most normal character on the roster.

Snake's forte is stealth, but he hasn't been known to shy away from a full out gun fight or any other fight when the situation calls for it.

Theres not a boss he has killed by snapping their neck in silence. Let me put it that way.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Snake is a great addition, as is Sonic. I want more quality third party characters like them. Like Banjo-Kazooie or Megaman for instance.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
What makes Snake fit in is that he doesn't fit in. That's what I love about Smash Bros. It has the most varied roster of any fighting game I've ever played. This isn't your typical "karate guy", "wrestling guy", "gangster guy" roster.

00Elf

Smash Journeyman
There isn't a game character out there that wouldn't fit in Smash

JAC_Jose

Smash Rookie
Snake in brawl is awesome! One of my favorite game characters in my favorite fighting games is just too awesome! :cool:

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
Snake fits in perfectly because he's so DIFFERENT from everyone else. It's also what makes his codec conversations one of the best Easter eggs I've ever seen- seeing him react to all of the other people- NONE of which would really fit into the worlds of the others, mind you- is just too awesome for words.

Plus, whenever a char gets too annoying, he can just snap their neck. Now if only he had his tranquilizer gun...

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
So all of you say that he fits because he doesn't fit? Are all of you really that F'n psychotic?! First of all he is a 3rd party with only the loosest of ties to the nintendo company; then as if this didn't make him awkard enough thay go and make him use ranged attacks for his A attacks. this just doesn't fit with the other characters and how they fight. This is all just my opinion though.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
I'm just not a fan of 3rd party characters. Other than that...there's no big deal with his moveset.

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
Honestly if you have ANY DOUBTS WHAT SO EVER just take a look at his preview vid again. It pretty much kills any worry that he wouldn't fit... at least it did for me. :p

CCC07

Smash Apprentice
Ths is a stupid thread. snake will not ruin brawl just because he's
not the type type of figter you say he is . does fox, falco, and peach
fight in there games. i dont think so..... snake is a excellent choice for the
game.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
Ths is a stupid thread. snake will not ruin brawl just because he's
not the type type of figter you say he is . does fox, falco, and peach
fight in there games. i dont think so..... snake is a excellent choice for the
game.
i dont understand your reasoning but i agree, snake does belong in brawl. After all samus uses missles and bombs, and so does link and no one has problems with them.

ps: 500th post woot!

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
To me Snake is the equivalent of James Bond. Some secret agent that is so battle hardened that he would snap your neck as soon as look at you. Now put him next to the great "villian" that King D is supposed to be. Who looks like the true villian, but if you now put Snake as a villian he is no longer true to the characters in his own game. He just doesn't fit. In My Opinion.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I personally feel that Snake was not deserving of Brawl. But after seeing his moves, I don't think he'll be totally worthless.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
lolol of course Snake will ruin Brawl. He ruins everything.

And when I say 'ruin' I mean the kind of 'ruin' you refer to when you look at a girl and say "I'd 'ruin' that."

Maybe that's just me.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Honestly if you have ANY DOUBTS WHAT SO EVER just take a look at his preview vid again. It pretty much kills any worry that he wouldn't fit... at least it did for me. :p
Exactly, it did the same for me. After watching it, I was excited he'd be in Brawl, he may be a battle-hardened mercenary, but he comes with lots of gadgets, and hes awesome.

He won't ruin brawl, he'll make it even greater, just watch the video :)

Top Bottom