• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will snake ruin ssb?

Raxivace

Smash Cadet
True but Snake is a combonation of Solid and Big boss in this game. :p
I guess, but oh well.

And whoever said Snake only used guns and his moves were replaced with explosives is completely wrong. All of the moves of his that were shown were things he actually used.

Prevail

Smash Apprentice
Snake is is no way going to ruin brawl. On the contrary, actually. I think there's a chance that his appearance can open the door for other not so cartoony characters (whether this happens or not is unknown, but I can hope :p)

Aside from this idea, snake has always been a very unique character in all of the metal gear games, so his presence can only help =)

That's just my opinion though :p

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
Snake is is no way going to ruin brawl. On the contrary, actually. I think there's a chance that his appearance can open the door for other not so cartoony characters (whether this happens or not is unknown, but I can hope :p)

Aside from this idea, snake has always been a very unique character in all of the metal gear games, so his presence can only help =)

That's just my opinion though :p

Yeah! Like the Master Chief! Woo! I'm SOOO going to own with him! [/sarcasm]

I hope you're wrong, Prevail.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Adding Snake can only add to Brawl's greatness, not detract from it. It is quite possible that many people who are NOT Nintendo fans will by Brawl JUST to play as Snake. Kinda like how the Gamecube version of Soul Calibur 2 sold way better than the others because Link was playable. The one odd character can make a world of difference.
Also, even if Snake ends up being too different from the rest or ends up sucking (which I think is pretty unlikely), he will simply go unused or forgotten, but he won't detract from the game.
Nothing could ruin the awesomeness that is Brawl.

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
If you give it time, he will fit in. The funny thing is, he actually does snap necks. That's his down throw.

iMichael

Smash Lord
There's no way in the world that one of the best characters ever created could ruin one of the best game series ever created. So I'm going with no....Snake will not ruin Brawl and he's a great addition to it.

Corrupted Fate

Smash Rookie
K when i said ruin brawl i didn't mean it like every1 is thinking 1 guy couldn't do that. But i dont think is move set works his melee attacks are ranged and i'll bet that for his FS he snaps someones neck i would be fine with him if his a moves were melee. also people keep pointing out that fox and samus use guns and that there are items too, thats all cool but they have some melee attacks in the right place too. I think he is fine for the game if he keept his a attacks melee and his b as special moves.

iMichael

Smash Lord
K when i said ruin brawl i didn't mean it like every1 is thinking 1 guy couldn't do that. But i dont think is move set works his melee attacks are ranged and i'll bet that for his FS he snaps someones neck i would be fine with him if his a moves were melee. also people keep pointing out that fox and samus use guns and that there are items too, thats all cool but they have some melee attacks in the right place too. I think he is fine for the game if he keept his a attacks melee and his b as special moves.
Well if you play any Metal Gear Solid games you would know that all of Snakes moves come from there. I think they did a real good job with Snake I must say. He looks perfect. He even has the punch, punch, roundhouse kick. Can you please edit your title so people in the future will understand what your trying to ask us.

dantehunter

Smash Rookie
Snake has proyectiles as A moves? Dear me. I actually expected CQC... Well, it will certainly be a diferent player. The only thing that worries me are his combos... And when kirby absorbs him.

BTW this is my first post. Hi.

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
Snake has proyectiles as A moves? Dear me. I actually expected CQC... Well, it will certainly be a diferent player. The only thing that worries me are his combos... And when kirby absorbs him.

BTW this is my first post. Hi.
CQC....I feel like I should know what that means >x< And Kirby only gets grenades from copying him. Though Snake Kirby looks kind of funny, in my opinion.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Somehow, Sakurai made Snake playable in Brawl. He appeals so much, I want to main him now. :)

Snake will not ruin Brawl, because he somehow fits in right away. It must be due to Samus Aran that it seems so natural to have Snake in Brawl. (Zero Suit) Samus and Solid Snake should be a couple for sure. They are definitely awesome together. Sakurai thinks so too. He's put Samus in almost every picture Snake is in.

Thankfully, Snake is a fictional character who's never made a movie to compare (like James Bond or Lara Croft). Due to this, he appeals more as a video game character. His explosives seem so fictional too that it fits in well with laser stun guns and electric rodents. Thank you Kojima, Sakurai, and Miyamoto. Great team-up to go down in video game history!

dantehunter

Smash Rookie
I think the answer to the question is quite clear now. IMO this thread should be closed from further discussion, as the purpose of it has been fulfilled.

Snake rocks.

=Snake=

Smash Cadet
I think it's redundant at this point, but yeah, Snakes appearance in the realm of smash was an epic announcement and there is no question he'll fit right in.

True Fool

Smash Ace
Snake has been known about for more than a year. I'm sure we've all heard enough b*tching about Snake to last a lifetime, so either get over it or buy something else.

NO ONE "FITS" INTO SMASH.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
it is a game where a Italian Plumber fights a deathly Agent and where a green dino/dragon fights a blue hedgehog that can run at supersonic speeds. who can't fit in?

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Exactly, everything in Smash is out of place. Where else will be able to find a Plumber, Hedgehog and Mercenary beating the **** out of each other?

I think Snake will fit in just fine. Funny back then if you would've told people that Mario, Sonic and Snake were gonna be in the same game one day, they would look at you and laugh, and now look where we are. :cool:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Something tells me that if Snake was first party nobody would be saying that his realism makes him unfitting for smash bros...:ohwell:

Kips

Smash Ace
Like I have previously stated, from my unbiased view I believe that he is an excellent addition. With a strange combination of realism and technology he adds a more serious touch to an already amazing roster. Snake for God Tier!

SonicSSJX the Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
Everyone fits into Brawl. It might be one sided for me, since everyone else is saying "No one fits in Brawl". Being the Smash players you all are, you should be used to it by now that different characters, being from different universes, being in one game together fighting each other. IMO, everyone can fit into Braw and not look out of place.

super ginger kid

Smash Apprentice
The remnents of planet Phaaze or that carboard box
I honestly thought snake or sonic would not be in brawl, but snake being one of my favorite video game characters of all time i love that he is brawl, he opened the way for sonic and one other 3rd party characters(which we do not know yet) to be in brawl, i will definitally use snake as my main character. The point is that he is in the game already, what will complaining do, take him out of the game, no of course not, suck it up and get over it. Snake is in the game and thats all there is to it.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
I don't get why people state such stupid arguments about why he doesn't fit in...think people, think!!

1. He looks too realistic.
::Zero Suit Samus, Marth, Roy, Ike??

2. He uses ranged attacks as standard attacks.
::Samus' down-A, smash-Up?? Ness running-A? Also, maybe he only has one or two really long ranged
attacks in his move set, his only long-ranged attack so far is his smash-Up, his down-A is basically
Samus' down-A

3. He just doesn't fit in.
::And you DID accepted Mr Game and Watch?

Just thank God he's in people, only Nintendo characters would have been a lot less fun, because we've all had fantasies and dreams about beating Sonic or Snake or anyone else up in Smash Bros...

Kips

Smash Ace
I don't get why people state such stupid arguments about why he doesn't fit in...think people, think!!

1. He looks too realistic.
::Zero Suit Samus, Marth, Roy, Ike??

2. He uses ranged attacks as standard attacks.
::Samus' down-A, smash-Up?? Ness running-A? Also, maybe he only has one or two really long ranged
attacks in his move set, his only long-ranged attack so far is his smash-Up, his down-A is basically
Samus' down-A

3. He just doesn't fit in.
::And you DID accepted Mr Game and Watch?

Just thank God he's in people, only Nintendo characters would have been a lot less fun, because we've all had fantasies and dreams about beating Sonic or Snake or anyone else up in Smash Bros...
Game and Watch main here and I'd like to say he fits in VERY well with the cast. He is the father of all video games from Nintendo. Don Game and Watch.

Top Bottom