• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will snake ruin ssb?

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
For those who say he won't fit due to A button projectiles

Fang the Sniper in "Sonic the Fighters" not only uses projectiles for standard attacks, but his most BASIC "punch" is shooting stuff. If a "standard" fighting game can have characters who use projectiles for standard moves, then Smash Bros should have an easy time finding room for this sort of character.

Also, this isn't the first time Snake has appeared in a fighting game... Anyone ever hear of "Dream Fighters TV Mix"?

Kips

Smash Ace
If by ruin you mean 'make this game completely sexy' then yes, Snake 'ruins' Brawl. I love his innovative moveset and lets put it this way- without snake we would not be able to see Kirby with an impeccable 'stache/beard combo. We love you Snake!

Ca$hoholic

Smash Journeyman
The Cold north! even though it is pretty hot...
I thought that in the start... actually the first thing i thought was: WTF?? whos this guy? and whats his doing in brawl? after a year i know who he is...
I even said: im only gonna use himin training mode where gonna beat him all the time

But right now i think he kinda fits, because he became a part of it.

spindash

Smash Ace
If anything, Snake will improve Brawl. An iconic character, anything can happen in the world of Super Smash Bros. Mario's all about platforming and jumping on heads, and yet he's busting out punches and kicks and laying the smackdown. Very unlike him where he'd simply just jump on them. Sonic, while capable of fighting, his games focus on running through stages as fast as he can.

Snake not fitting in Brawl has been debunked ages ago. :p I accept him with open arms. ^_^

SonicMario

Smash Master
I credit Snake & Hideo Kojima with having 3rd party characters in the 1st place. Brawl would have been Pure Nintendo characters only if Kojima didn't "Beg", and thus I credit Snake for the inclusion of Sonic.

But Snake did not ruin Brawl. Snake & Sonic are used to increase the sales of Brawl. It is still Nintendo's Smash Bros. Sega & Konami only allowed there parts of the game in, everything else is just as Nintendo as every other 1st party Nintendo game.

orintemple

Smash Lord
It is a privilege for Snake and Sonic to be in the game. They were allowed simply for sales reasons on both sides of the fence. Don't think that because they are here that Sega or Konami has any input into the game. No character will ruin the game because Nintendo and Sakurai would never let one character be the highlight of the game.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Yeha, mostly it's just Advertising.

So new gamers are like: "Hmmm. Snake? Never heard of that character, I'm gonna see what his games are about!"

And thus, more Sonic and/or Snake fans will emerge

SonicMario

Smash Master
Will I guess Sonic just increased the sales. I'm sur ethat there are Sonic fans that have no internet access that don't even KNOW that Sonic is in Brawl. And once they find out, oh nelly. You know Brawl will be sold out in most big stores by Feb. 12th

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
:mad: I think snake is not a ssb type guy he is more of a sneak up behind and snap there neck it doesn't work for htis type of game. The A moves that he was give don't work he lays mines and shots rockets in the air look at what smash dojo says about him in the 1st line. does he work and i'm just missing it tell me what you think.
I think you're ********.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Okay, I hate it when people do this. But, to save time, I'll answer with the same argument. Yeah, your right. Snake DOESN'T fit in, because he's the only real "normal"character on the roster. But that just provides a new flavor for people around the world. Besides, I've always wanted to see Snake fight multiple characters from melee. :ohwell:

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
He doesn't fit at all. He was good for his games, but he doesn't fit here. This is quiet clear with how they had to remove all of his guns from his arsenal and replace them with explosives. If his original fighting style doesn't fit in the game then the character doen't fit. that is a fact.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
He doesn't fit at all. He was good for his games, but he doesn't fit here. This is quiet clear with how they had to remove all of his guns from his arsenal and replace them with explosives. If his original fighting style doesn't fit in the game then the character doen't fit. that is a fact.
And him not fitting in means a breath of fresh air for the series. **** your facts.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
It's a fact that his "serious nature" makes him unique to others, and fits in quite well. This has already proven by his videos that he adds humor to the game, making up for "the silliness" he took out.

There is no set amount of "silliness" or "kiddieness" Brawl is aiming for. Deal with it.

Kips

Smash Ace
I love the message he gets about Samus.
'Uhh Samus took her clothes off... Maybe I could catch her if I took off all this heavy gear!"
It made me laugh, and seeing his moveset made me want to play him a lot. Does anybody know how hard the knockback for his rocket launcher is?

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
You DO know the object of Metal gear series was not to kill everyone in site, it was to try and kill the least ammount of people as possible, and get by using stealth.

The more people you killed the more points you lose in the end of the game. May aswell close this topic.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Here's my two cents as much as I like Snake, at first I thought him being in was weird honestly I dunno he's just different then most of the character in it. After giving it some thought do I think he will ruin Brawl no way. He's a unique character so yeah in most of his games it's all about stealth and not killing but when your in smash things change. I mean really when is the last time we saw Link trying to kill Zelda or Mario killing Peach (being possesed or what not doesn't count) in their respective games. I think Snake will fit in just fine.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
No, he absolutely does not ruin it, in fact, he is making the game better. Snake is very unique, and a great addition to the game.

Ninja Sheikah

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5455-9559-3780
Have you seen his standard combo? Its the same one from MGS2. How did they "change" his fighting style? If you have played the MGS games you would see that Snake has mastered variety of different weapons. From the smallest of guns to the biggest of rocket launchers. Not only that in MGS3 he is shown to have a mastered Close Quarters Combat(CQC).

Hotztuph

Smash Cadet
It think it will be different having snake on the roster but he will definitly not ruin it
We've all seen weirder things
like when the original came out i was so freaked out
and thought it would be weird fighting with kirby and fox
but it all worked out in the end
i've seen weirder things
have you ever seen a man eat his own nose??

Jumble

Smash Apprentice
how would he ruin it!?
he's just expanding the creativity of the game!
alot of his moves are like special moves
which makes him another very unique character
and every character will hopefully be as unique as he is
with Wario - .. well you know he's just weird
PT - 3 pokemon in 1
sonic - he can use moves after his up special! WTF

snake is goin to be a great addition to this game
and i can't wait for him

badger, badger, badger, badger, MUSHROOM MUSHROOM " SSSNNNAAAKKKKEEEEE "- FTW

ZSnake

Smash Cadet
He woulden't ruin it in any way in my eye's as he's a great character and to me he's one of the best adds in Brawl, Sure there's some people that want to keep the tradition of only nintendo character's but as you can see, read and listen Thats not really possible unless you want to make a lot of smash fans mad that are now supporting this. Sure Snake is my All time Favorite Character next to mario but do we really know if snake is gonna be in the next Smash Bros. ? well Until then Snake is gonna be my Character to pick for brawl.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Snake ruin Brawl?! Impossible. Snake is far too manly to do that, in fact now C. Falcon finally has a challenge for his manliness.

Snake is too awesome.

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
Snake won't ruin Brawl, but it is very unusual for him to be in. his style, picture, character. it's all to realistic, not colorful, as Smash Bros was before. might as well have the Master Chief or Sam Fisher in Brawl. As you can tell, I'm not a Snake supporter, but I am a 3rd party supporter. However, no matter what, I feel Brawl will be perfect and Godly. I just wont use Snake.

SonicSSJX the Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
Snake is a great addition to the Series. And IMO, he fits right in with all the other characters. He may have different ways to perform his attacks, but Nintendo did a great job to have Snake not use real life guns or real knifes for Snake's attacks. Him not looking cartoony enough to fit in the series is just dumb to think.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Snake is badass and hes a new feel to teh game. Obviously hes not cartoony but who cares ITS SOLID SNAKE.

Top Bottom