• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Shiek Return?

Link in SSBB looks like Link from Twilight Princess. Yet he still has the same moveset, as we can see from the videos.

So does Fox, Kirby, Pikachu, and Mario.

So we can only assume that any returning Melee character will have the same moveset. Part of Zelda's moveset was turning into her alter ego, Shiek.

If Zelda's in, I'm sure Shiek will be in, too. I don't think they'll redesign her just because of her most recent game.
I believe that pick early in the topic look like a preety good look for her.

um first of all yeah they do care who has been used and whatnot. otherwise Sakurai wouldnt be asking people who they would like to see in brawl. also rumors wouldnt have been spread saying ice climbers and mr G&W would get the boot obviously they were not used that much in melee. i think Sakurai mentioned it somewhere. again as i stated a few pages back, Sheik was in OOT. if Zelda was put in the original SSB it would be appropriate for her to be able to transform into shiek. seeing as that game came out during that era. Sheik not once made another appearance again after that until melee. if she was in alot of the other Zelda games or at least two or three then i'd be just like you saying she'd be in. but alas, that's not the case. it would be crazy to give Shiek an individual character slot. no, not because she resembles ZSamus but because theres no need for it. Zelda relied on Shiek in melee because without Shiek she'd be weak.. Zelda has a sword now and doesnt need Shiek anymore. Sheik hasnt played an important role in the Zelda series anyway but be Zelda, dressed up as somebody else. so it's not like their losing a star player. It was ok to have Shiek in melee but now.. it just wouldnt make sense when Zelda has been upgraded to actually well.....fight. oh and when u said something about how come you can have mario and dr mario. and link and y. link. the person who said that u cant have TP Zelda with OOT Shiek is right. dr mario is mario dressed in a doctor outfit and Y link is the younger version of link. but at least their the same person it makes more sense than two completly different people being able to transform into eachother. that's for sure. woooo that's enough for me lol.
Aarrgghh.....Wall of text.>_<

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
So Ganondorf is going to retain "his" moveset from melee? i kinda dont think so. lol.
it's not an issue to redesign a character. they are going to do it with Ganondorf anyway to fit YES twilight princess believe it or not.his most RECENT game. they might even do it with Peach and several other characters. im hoping they dont however.
Here's the thing though, Ganondorf was a clone. If they put him in the game, they should definately give him his own moveset.

And don't state facts that you don't know. How do you know they'd use his TP look? They made up an entirely new look for Fox.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Come on people, Sheik is just ONE thing Zelda ONCE did in the Zelda games. You might aswell give Link the ability to shrink, because he did that in the Minish Cap! You might aswell give Young Link his masks cause he used them in Mayora's Mask! And hey, since pig Ganon appeared more in Zelda games why not replace the current Ganon with it?

Sheik was just one thing Zelda once did in only one Zelda game, and she didn't had a mayor role. The fact that she was in Melee was mostly because they wanted to make Zelda more unique, and it was based from the latest Zelda game. Sheik and Young Link where added in Melee cause of Ocarina of Time's sucess, so you can easly assume that all the Zelda characters from Melee where from Ocarina of Time. Which IS true, since you can see Link playing the Ocarina of Time in the introduction movie in Melee.

But now Link has his Twilight Princess design, and his moves are slightly adjusted to the game, but just SLIGHTLY since Link doesn't change much in terms of items and sword play in Zelda games... In almost every Zelda, Link uses the Master Sword, shoots arrows from bows and throws bombs and boomerangs, just like in Twilight Princess. But they slightly adjusted Link to his TP self by letting the Master Sword glow, remove the bounce from his Dair and made his sword longer.

It's pretty self explaining that Ganondorf will get a new moveset. But what moveset do you think he will have? Seeing as they used Link's lastest model, why not use it for Ganondorf too? Ganondorf was suposed to have his sword in Melee, so I think it's very likely they will give him one in Brawl to. Ganon's sword in TP is similair to the one we saw in Melee, it's also one handed and it's long... So instead of using a sword that doesn't even excists in Zelda games, I think they will use the one from TP instead.

Also because of TP's sucess, they might add characters from TP in Brawl, like they did in Melee. Wolf Link, Midna and Zant are all nice candidates. I doubt that any one in here would not want atleast one of those 3 characters in Brawl.

See, Zelda evolved as a character to after Ocarina of Time. She helped Link fight Ganon twice with her Light Arrows for example. Could be a good replacement for her current B move? Also she fought you with similair moves to OOT Ganondorf and Phantom Ganon in TP... The lightning ball could be her new >B, and the light flash her d+B. Further more, she has a sword in TP which could be used for her tilt moves.

See, even Mario had some small tweakings in his moves to present his next game Mario Galaxy... His Down B move.

And ofcoarse, I still say that the whole concept of Samus/ZSS is based and ment to be a replacement for the Zelda/Sheik idea. Why else would ZSS's moves would be similair to Sheik's anyways? Just explain why instead of coming with this "common sence" bull****, because the removal of Sheik makes alot more sence, atleast to me.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Majora's Mask was the most recent Zelda game before Melee came out.

...just thought I'd remind everyone...

Also, it's Young Link in almost all of the games.

And as someone mentioned earlier, Mario has a cape, Peach can float/turnip, etc, etc...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's extremely safe to say that Shiek's back if Zelda is coming back. My argument of non-clone characters keeping the same moveset is better than the 'SHE WAS ONLY SHIEK FOR ONE GAME' argument.

Come on people, Sheik is just ONE thing Zelda ONCE did in the Zelda games. You might aswell give Link the ability to shrink, because he did that in the Minish Cap! You might aswell give Young Link his masks cause he used them in Mayora's Mask! And hey, since pig Ganon appeared more in Zelda games why not replace the current Ganon with it?
As ironic as this sounds,you can say the same thing for TP,it was only ONE THING for ONE GAME.

Sheik was just one thing Zelda once did in only one Zelda game, and she didn't had a mayor role. The fact that she was in Melee was mostly because they wanted to make Zelda more unique, and it was based from the latest Zelda game. Sheik and Young Link where added in Melee cause of Ocarina of Time's sucess, so you can easly assume that all the Zelda characters from Melee where from Ocarina of Time. Which IS true, since you can see Link playing the Ocarina of Time in the introduction movie in Melee.
Majora's Mask was the latest Zelda game before Melee....And like you said,they added them because or Ocarina of Time's sucess,so why can't they do the same thing?

But now Link has his Twilight Princess design, and his moves are slightly adjusted to the game, but just SLIGHTLY since Link doesn't change much in terms of items and sword play in Zelda games... In almost every Zelda, Link uses the Master Sword, shoots arrows from bows and throws bombs and boomerangs, just like in Twilight Princess. But they slightly adjusted Link to his TP self by letting the Master Sword glow, remove the bounce from his Dair and made his sword longer.
Ever since when did smash bros. become a game based on the story of other Nintendo games.Even though the characters look changed doesn't mean that it eliminates factors from other characters from Nintendo's history.So you think that Luigi should have had a Vaccume in melee because he used it in his recent game?

...folly...

It's pretty self explaining that Ganondorf will get a new moveset. But what moveset do you think he will have? Seeing as they used Link's lastest model, why not use it for Ganondorf too? Ganondorf was suposed to have his sword in Melee, so I think it's very likely they will give him one in Brawl to. Ganon's sword in TP is similair to the one we saw in Melee, it's also one handed and it's long... So instead of using a sword that doesn't even excists in Zelda games, I think they will use the one from TP instead.
I would say something to this,but that would only make me reiterate what i said above...

Also because of TP's sucess, they might add characters from TP in Brawl, like they did in Melee. Wolf Link, Midna and Zant are all nice candidates. I doubt that any one in here would not want atleast one of those 3 characters in Brawl.

See, Zelda evolved as a character to after Ocarina of Time. She helped Link fight Ganon twice with her Light Arrows for example. Could be a good replacement for her current B move? Also she fought you with similair moves to OOT Ganondorf and Phantom Ganon in TP... The lightning ball could be her new >B, and the light flash her d+B. Further more, she has a sword in TP which could be used for her tilt moves.
I regret quoting all of this if you are just simply repeating yourself......

Other than the move explinaton that is...

See, even Mario had some small tweakings in his moves to present his next game Mario Galaxy... His Down B move.

And ofcoarse, I still say that the whole concept of Samus/ZSS is based and ment to be a replacement for the Zelda/Sheik idea. Why else would ZSS's moves would be similair to Sheik's anyways? Just explain why instead of coming with this "common sence" bull****, because the removal of Sheik makes alot more sence, atleast to me.
For the record,how does this...

Look Like this?

It only looks like his same plumber outfit from Melee,just modified.

And Mario's Tornado attack does not look similar to the one from Super Mario Galaxy.I played Galaxy at E3 last year,and it is only a quick little spin when you wave the Wii-mote Left then Right quickly...

And as many details that have been given to me,i still believe that the only reason why people believe this whole"Zamus replacing Shiek" garbage,is the whole"ZOMG,SHE HAS THE SAME TILTS!!!" argument,when they had only shown 2 of her tilts.

I guess you better remove Luigi because he has the same jab as Mario,remove peach because they have the same Nair, and don't forget to remove captain falcon because he has the same dash attack as Samus...

Not to mention,i can counter your argment with the same attitude,by saying not to use that"THEY ARE IN A RECENT GAME AND SHOULD REFLECT THAT DESIGN" crap..

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
And as many details that have been given to me,i still believe that the only reason why people believe this whole"Zamus replacing Shiek" garbage,is the whole"ZOMG,SHE HAS THE SAME TILTS!!!" argument,when they had only shown 2 of her tilts.
Urk. As much as I'd hate to get in this argument you guys are having here, I couldn't help but reply to this part of your post...

It is true that we haven't seen her do that much stuff and that we shouldn't be too certain about it yet, but I still find that "garbage" to be a rather good theory. As at least concept-wise Zamus is a LOT like Sheik.

Skin-tight suit. Whip. A different variation of an already existing character. Fast and acrobatic...
The whole thing about the tilts wouldn't be a good reason on its own, but it does support the theory. It most certainly isn't the only reason. I actually thought they were similar once I saw the first Brawl trailer. I wouldn't have thought Sheik would be cut before that, but...

I like Sheik. I really do. But to be honest, I see more reasons for taking her out than for letting her stay.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
thank you Diddy Kong and Komayto. good to see other people using actual logic rather than just " O WOW I PLAY AS SHIEK THEREFORE SHE NEEDS TO GET IN". funny how you didnt reply to my "wall of text". im not saying Shiek is not going to make it because i dislike the character but using a little bit of common sense (which goes a long way) it wouldnt make sense to include her. with ZSamus being in and Zelda being able to fight on her own who needs Shiek? not me and definatley not Zelda lol.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Urk. As much as I'd hate to get in this argument you guys are I like Sheik. I really do. But to be honest, I see more reasons for taking her out than for letting her stay.
Yeah exactly what you said! There are more reasons for Sheik to leave SSB then to stay.
And to make sure it is, I'm gonna name all reasons why Sheik should stay, and why Sheik should go.

Stay:

Populair character in Melee.
Unique moveset.

Go:

Twilight Princess
Absend in all games after OoT
Evolution of the character Princess Zelda
Zero Suit Samus...

And thanks you to tstumo. :) Sheik is overated... Seriously. The only reason why people still want her is because of Melee performence, Melee performence and again Melee performance. Ohhh and cool looks...

What if Sheik would be nerfed as hell in Brawl? It isn't hard to do so, since you only need to nerf one move... the Fair and the character wouldn't be as good anymore. Therefor, they should make a whole new moveset... And they did, however this time the character is called Zero Suit Samus.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Whatever, I think Sheik should stay cause she was very popular in ssbm and as most of the people working on Brawl play Melee like crazy, I'm sure they would highly dislike the idea of that character getting erased when they could just touch her up abit for brawl and add afew things. If it happens, it happens but they better redo zelda big time or take her out too.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No that's not true. That's NOT the reason for Zero Suit Samus to replace Sheik, it's the whole concept of ZSS that should be Sheik's replacement. ZSS is just as Sheik, the other part of the character that's more based on agility instead of power. Yes, ZSS and Sheik have similair if not the same tilts, but that's not the full reason... I say that ZSS is a nerfed Sheik. And as tstumo said, there are far more similairties between ZSS and Sheik than "ZOMG SAME TILTZ" as you describe us Anti-Sheik people. >_<

Sheik is an outdated character which is from a franchise that already has alot, and has alot of potential characters. ZSS is a old character revived from a franchise that only has 1 or 2 serious potentail characters. Keep in mind that Sakurai wants balance in this game. Balance not only means a nerfed Sheik (Zero Suit Samus again :) ) but also almost equal characters from franchises... In order to do so, characters as Young Link, Dr.Mario, Pichu and Sheik should leave and Zero Suit Samus, Meta Knight, Diddy Kong and Samurai Goroh should enter.

The only reason why the Pro-Sheik people want Sheik back is Melee performace and looks. Just look at this...

Whatever, I think Sheik should stay cause she was very popular in ssbm...

I'm done.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Z-Suit Samus: Fast acrobatic girl for players who like fast acrobatic characters

Sheik: Fast acrobatic girl for players who like fast acrobatic characters

Z-Suit Samus is already confirmed for Brawl (and already confirmed to be fast from her official description and acrobatic from the trailors), thus Brawl already has a fast acrobatic girl for players who like fast acrobatic characters.

Z-Suit Samus: A recurring aspect of Samus

Sheik: NOT a recurring aspect of Zelda

Thus, there is no particular NECESSITY from a Nintendo thematic aspect for Sheik to be recurring as an aspect of Zelda in Brawl.

Of course, there are no guarantees about anything, but I (and many others) now see no reason for Sheik to be included in Brawl beyond "some people like her" (which could be said about ANY character, anyways)

fabianmo

Smash Apprentice
I dont have any problem is sheik comes back
Hell, I dont care if even marth comes back
All I would like is to make her more balanced
And make her more difficult to use, cause in melee even a noob can picj her up and play ¨ok¨

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
So, if you don't think Shiek is going to be in the game, you must think that Zelda's not going to be in the game.

If you think Zelda's going to be in the game, you think they're going to completely revamp a an already exsisting character, just because there's another similar character?

OMG, LINK AND MARTH HAVE SWORDS, AND THEY BOTH SWING THEM. ONE OF THEM IS DEFINATELY OUT.

And as far as I know, which is very little, Marth and Roy are like-- in one game of the entire series, am I not correct?

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
Zelda is a key cannon character in the series where as Shiek is not. why is it so farfetched for them to revamp a character. from the looks of it many characters are going to get a slight revamp in some way. if they were using the same character models it wouldnt take them so long to make the game in the first place. why would they keep Zelda's old look? just so Shiek can make it in? i still dont understand the logic by doing that.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
She can have a graphic update, but it'll still be the same Zelda.

Take Fox for example. He doesn't look like that in any of his games. And no. It's not a combined Command/Assault look.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So, if you don't think Shiek is going to be in the game, you must think that Zelda's not going to be in the game.

If you think Zelda's going to be in the game, you think they're going to completely revamp a an already exsisting character, just because there's another similar character?

OMG, LINK AND MARTH HAVE SWORDS, AND THEY BOTH SWING THEM. ONE OF THEM IS DEFINATELY OUT.

And as far as I know, which is very little, Marth and Roy are like-- in one game of the entire series, am I not correct?
No, if Zelda is gonna be TP style she wouldn't need Sheik in her moveset. They can easly adjust her current moveset without mayor changes. Look at the Din's Fire, they could ealy replace that with the lighting ball from TP. As for the sword, Zelda already has alot of swinging moves like the U and the Ftilt, so a sword would only add range without much change. Perhaps a new Dair? But that isn't a huge change either, look at DK for example... In Melee her got a new Dmash, Ftilt, Fsmash and Utilt yet he didn't changed much in play style... So they could add her sword without any mayor changes.

And for the record, Zelda doesn't relies on Sheik fighting for her... Otherwise Zelda herself wouldn't even be in Melee as the princess but just only as Sheik. TP proves that Zelda can easly fight without Sheik.

Link and Marth do both have sword yeah, but their style is alot diffrent. Did you heard me complain about MetaKnight? He's even more similair to Marth then Link... Also Link has a shield and alot of other items to be diffrent from Marth. ZSS and Sheik don't because they're both minor characters.

Marth has been in 2 games for the record, and he has other reasons for being in Melee. As for being the first Fire Emblem lord ever, and to that time the only one staring 2 games. Roy was added for advertising FE6, but I think he should be replaced by Ike in Brawl... Since he's a newer character... Sounds similair to Sheik eh?

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
I greatly enjoy your posts, Diddy Kong. They seem to sum up my views on Sheik very nicely.

However, I would like to point out that absolutely no changes except for a new Down-B would need to be made to Zelda in order to take out Sheik.
Not that I wouldn't like some changes to be done as Zelda herself wasn't exactly a very... flavorful character in Melee, but I'm just pointing it out here.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Yeah. I'm done.

If Zelda is in the next game and has a sword and Light arrows instead of Shiek, I'll chop off one of my fingers and send them to you.

Black/Light

Smash Master
She can have a graphic update, but it'll still be the same Zelda.

Take Fox for example. He doesn't look like that in any of his games. And no. It's not a combined Command/Assault look.
Actually, that DOES look like a combu of Command and Assault looks (more so Assault IMO). It just has a few things added.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
You can't really say that Zero Suit Samus is Sheik's replacement from the info released so far... That is possible but so are alot of other things. Why does sheik have to be replaced? Why not keep both? They should allow Zelda that sword and bow from TP she had in many of the cutscenes thoughout the game and redo alot of her moves either way.

Anyway, I wouldn't be suprised if they just got rid of Zelda altogether and "replaced" her with the Twilight Princess instead as either form. They can take as many chars out of the game as they want, I will still buy it but the more that are in the better the game will be other then maybe balance issues.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
omg...i have said this so many times... but i must say it again...

Just because like THREE of their moves are similar does NOT mean that Shiek will be replaced...

As for weapons... Zamus' whip is apparently going to be a major weapon http://www.smashbros.com/en/characters/chara3/index.html ... unlke shieks crappy side B...

and dont even start on the outfit issue... that is the WORST argumetn i have ever heard... I believe shiek and zamus both had their looks before SSB... its not like they totally made up their outfits for SSB (if so then metroid fusion was made so they could replace shiek XD )

adn a lot of charcters in SSBM had only been in one game before...

also... if they are totally making link in his TP design... they will have to get rid of his fsmash, fair, nair, uair, dsmash, usmash, etc... and we KNOW he has his fsmash nad usmash from the trailers...

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
This thread fails.

If all this is true then that means Y.Link won't be in brawl since fails now.
He will be replaced by WW Link just as Shiek (the ninja that dances to black eyed peas song "my hump") will be replaced by latex wearing samus..

What?

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
It's true that Sheik COULD be replaced by Zamus, but why would they do this? If there's one thing we all know about smash bros, it's that the game draws from all aspects of a character when making a moveset, not just the most recent ones. Many of links moves come from Legend of Zelda 2, a game VERY outdated and different from the canon Zelda style. Likewise, Kirby gets a great deal of his moves from Kirby Superstar Saga, and that game's pretty old and fairly outdated as well. Pit hasn't had a game in 20 years, and now he's sporting a great many features that Sakurai pulled strait outta his keister.
So why now must Zelda drop sheik? Just because she was only in the one game? I suppose that might be true, but then again, looking at other characters as examples, it also might not.
And so what if Zamus seems to play like Sheik? Why would this warrent a replacement? Personaly, I'd love seeing two fast, acrobatic characters, because then people would have more choice.

I would propose that Zamus is not a REPLACEMENT of Sheik, but is instead a COMPLIMENT to Sheik. I theorize that the Brawl developers saw the overwhelmng popularity of Sheik from Melee, and decided to try and moderate it a little. But they decided to do so NOT by removing Sheik and adding a toned down replacement (which wouldn't go over well with most people), but by toning down Sheik herself and adding another Sheik-like character to better spread out the popularity.

Tera253

Smash Ace
heh.

If Shiek (supposedly a man, but this has yet to be proved) is forgotten that soon, then we sould kill of Ice Climbers, and G&W.

yeah, Tera is fully aware of what you might be thinking:
"but what if the Ridley/WWLink/Bjr deal is true?"

Tera's response: in that case, Ness? or even better yet (this one's a doozie) PIT!!! he's been gone for... 15 years now is it? Ocarina of time was only what? 8-9 years ago?

there you have it. besides, Zelda isn't even confirmed yet, it's just the TP speculation has given rise to the assumption that she and Ganondorf are back.

Tera's verdict: they all should return.

~Tera253~

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yes OoT was 8-9 years ago, and yes pit was gone for about 15 years, but they released 2 new zelda games, TP being the last one, and sheik did not appear in TP *spoiler? my bad*, and since everyone will be updated to their last appearence in a game, zelda will porbably have some moves when she was posesed, and not to mention the light arrows she used in both WW and TP, sheik was a OoT only thing, and theres no reason to include a character that no longer will appear on other games of the series, and seeing how zamus has moves similair to sheik, shes practically the replacement, so MY verdict is: sheik wont return...

also sakurai sais not all will return, so ur verdict is wrong tera XD...

Elen

Smash Lord
Stryks makes the most sense. Shiek won't return because TP is part of the same series and she/he lacks a role in it. The only reason a 15 yr old character like Pit can be in the game is because his series is 15 years old. I don't know if I'd really call Zamus a replacement for Shiek, but Shiek clearly isn't returning.

Well i shall leave you all with ONE final verdict....Why have we assumed that shiek return?It's simply because all of us believe that clones will not exist in this game.You must remember,that each pair of characters in smash bros. shares some move similarities,not all characters are completely unique(Except for Game & Watch...

Rather,why have we even assumed that Zelda will even be in brawl as Tera said?And further more on what she said about Pit's inclusion,has struck some very good points.And is Zelda is as popular as everyone mentions,then could it be possible that we won't see her?Even though improbable,possible.

Sakurai never made any remarks on the characters inclusion reflecting current games,or popularity,even though he did state he wanted the charcters to reflect the"current taste"of the smash community,and has done a good job so far.

In general,everyone should stop assuming that a character should be included be their ideals.Masahiro Sakurai of Sora LTD. is developing this game on his terms.Even though he has recieved character suggestions,that doesn't mean he needs to develope based on the game populas itself by including characters through modern referances(Trust me,that would suck..).

The essense on smash bros. itself shouldn't make sense at all,it's a crazy fighting game with spontanious action,and the deaths BTW are very comical.Why does everyone want the game t make sense now?Why can't we just have a character in a game simply because we love him/her?Can we forget about all of these conditions and think about how fun a character would be?

Why can't we all just stop making so much sense for once?Just know that smash bros. itself doesn't make sense,so why make sense out of it?

That is all....

*Forgive me if there are typo's,my computer is crap >_<*

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
...and since everyone will be updated to their last appearence in a game, zelda will porbably have some moves when she was posesed, and not to mention the light arrows she used in both WW and TP
Um, no. This is a common misconception, but characters are not going to be updated to there last appearence, at least not the way your're assuming it here. Zelda will no doubt look as she does in TP, just as Link does, but that does NOT make her the Zelda from TP. Characters in Smash are generaly amalgamations of all their appearances, not just their most recent. This is true of all characters as they have appeared in both Smash game thus far, and I don't expect any different for Brawl.

...sheik was a OoT only thing, and theres no reason to include a character that no longer will appear on other games of the series, and seeing how zamus has moves similair to sheik, shes practically the replacement, so MY verdict is: sheik wont return...
It doesn't matter if Sheik is a one-shot character or not. She wan't included in Melee because she was from the (at the time) most recent game, she was included because she was a popular and well known character from the series. Not being in the most recent game won't change that for her anymore than being absent from minish cap or phantom hourglass will change it for Ganondorf (bad example I know but it's all I could come up with on short notice). Sheik may not be current anymore, but she's still a well known and popular character.
And besde, just being similar doesn't make her a replacement. Roy was similar to Marth, but he could never, ever truely replace him.
As I've said before, I'm pretty sure that Zamus is there mearly to take some of the attention away from Sheik, not to replace her outright.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
hmmm... im starting to think that it would be a good idea to either get rid of sheik or seriously tone her down. i mean, in melee, noone uses zelda. they instantly transform into sheik before the match and stay that way, making shiek seem like the main form and B down as a minor move. maybe zelda should have a chance to show that she can fight alright without any need of a power up.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
perhaps the makers realized how cool the transformation with zelda and shiek was in melee... and now they want to add more...

why would they replace a character from one of the most popular nintendo games with a completely unnecessary and far less popular version of samus??

these arguments are so ridiculous... Zamus is not an old and classic character like shiek, and isnt in an upcoming game either...

(i think she is a great addtion to brawl, dont take this as flame)

Stryks

Smash Hero
OysterMeister I know what ur triying to say, but seeing TP zelda tranform into shiek will be arckward, I know sheik is popular I know, but sheik lacked a role in 2 new zelda games, while the 3 main characters, being zelda, link and ganondorf are there obviously, but sheik is no where to be found, sheik had a role in OoT, Impa showed her the "arts" of a shiekah, and thus sheik was born, helpin link from the shadows so he can defeat ganondorf, but at the same time be hiding her identity, sheik didnt had a role in either WW or TP, cause there were no sheikas (there was one old lady in TP, probably a sheikah, but no sheik), thus sheik had a big role in OoT, but lacked any roles in the rest of the zelda games, thus onlybecame a one time character, besides they probably wontadd sheik in future zelda games, cause we all know sheiks true identity, thus thats why they made tera in WW, and not sheik again, adding a character that will probably wont appear in anymore games of the series (while the series is still continuing) is kidna pointless, I know sheik is popular, but seeing how he will probably never return, and seeing how the zelda series is STILL continuing, she probably wont come back...

and sorry if I spleld sheik wrong or something, I forget if its sheik or shiek...

Kirye

Smash Ace
Stryks, how would it be awkward? Smash bros. has nothing to do with the games the characters come from. >_>

Here's how I see it. The development team for smash bros is comprised of many veteran Smash bros players, as read in the official smash website. So in their mind, as they're creating this game, are they gonna see Sheik as an old character with no more revelance to the Zelda series, or are they gonna see Sheik as a popular character, from a popular franchise, and the most popular Zelda game to have come out, who's become popular on one of the biggest Nintendo fighting games in the world? Yes, I know Sakurai's the director of the game, but his team is involved too.

Pikachu has pretty much become a generic Pokemon after all these years, and he's still in.

And it's true that the Zelda series is still continuing, big deal, what does that have to do with a game that has no revelance to Zelda? I can assure you from a digital artist's view, that updating a look to fit something like Brawl's scheme IS NOT HARD. They're gonna do it for every character in the game, they did it for Pit, and I can assure you that every character in the game is gonna look different than what Melee had given us, so how is Sheik not included in that?

And on a final note, some characters in melee are never appearing again on a new installment of their series, and if I hear virtual console one more time, i'm gonna shoot someone, because Ocarina of Time is gonna be on the VC too.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I don't completely remember, seeing that OoT came out so long ago...

But didn't Zelda look like this? This IS an official image.

...I think she actually lost the hat when Link got older or something, but I don't remember...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Pikachu is in smash because hes the MAIN mascot of the series, Sheik isnt the mascot of zelda, so dont bring that up...

And obcourse the smash bros has something to do from the games the character come from, where do u think they get the ideas for stages, items, characters and their moves??

The zelda series is continuing, and sheik is no where to be found, cause sheik is a one time character, like zant and midna will probably be, so if theyre added in brawl, and more zelda games come out, I doubt they'll be returning for SSB4, since they will probably wont appear in any more zelda games, so if TP Zelda transforms into Sheik, it wouldnt make sense, seeing how all the zelda character will be updated to their last game, zelda being TP, she will have that look, and probably new attacks from the game, like the triangle attacks she does on the floor, the light arrows that she has used in the last 2 zelda games, and other moves... sheik was a once time thing, and seeing he will probably never return, I lack to c why she will return...

@ Xvysen, yeah that the official artwork of young zelda, when he got older she looks like she looks in melee...

Kirye

Smash Ace

They used her adult look for Melee though. >.<

@Stryks: Alrighty, seems like someone wants to argue with meh. D=

The Smash bros games INCLUDE items from other franchises, it doesn't mean Smash bros is now part of the Zelda/Mario/Metroid/Star Fox/Pokemon/Fire Emblem/Kirby/Etc franchise. Same for the stages, and everything else. As for an example towards the moves, what did Captain Falcon have in F-Zero that made him have those techniques in Melee? Or Star Fox? Or Donkey Kong, Marth? I could go on if you want me to.

The Zelda series is continuing, but Smash bros has nothing to do with the series. Are you gonna say Soul Calibur II is related to Zelda because it has Link in it? Let's move on. Shiek was a one time thing in Ocarina of Time, but after 5-6 years, she's become more than that, a powerful character in a long-loved fighting game. If you were playing Brawl right now, picked Zelda, and she transformed into Shiek, what would you honestly say? "WTF ZELDA ISN'T SHEIK ANYMORE! WAH"? I doubt it. Sheik is one part of Zelda that made her popular, which is why she was included in Melee. Can you honestly say that TP Zelda impressed you? Even Tetra had more story than TP Zelda did. >.>

Also, if they're being updated to their 'last game', Ice Climbers would look around the same wouldn't they? As would many other characters. Sheik's last game was Ocarina of Time, but they can easily add in some Twilight Princess details into her outfit, and she'd be good, in fact her look now is fine enough for Brawl, just needs a roughing like every character's gotten.

And before you say TP Zelda can't transform into Sheik, why not? If it's Smash bros Zelda with a new model, wouldn't she still be relatively the same? It's not Twilight Princess Zelda, i'm pretty sure Smash bros is gonna have nothing to do with her shooting light arrows on a horse.

And on that note..

Stryks

Smash Hero
@Stryks: Alrighty, seems like someone wants to argue with meh. D=

The Smash bros games INCLUDE items from other franchises, it doesn't mean Smash bros is now part of the Zelda/Mario/Metroid/Star Fox/Pokemon/Fire Emblem/Kirby/Etc franchise. Same for the stages, and everything else. As for an example towards the moves, what did Captain Falcon have in F-Zero that made him have those techniques in Melee? Or Star Fox? Or Donkey Kong, Marth? I could go on if you want me to.
Characters like falcon and fox never had fighted b4 smash, but characters like mario, link, pikachu, samus, yoshi, mewtwo and all most all the guys in smash have moves that originate from past games, and no smash bros doesnt have anything to do witht he rest of the series, but stuff like scenerios, characters, attacks, items and all of that has to do with smash, some things are added to smash, but do not affect the other series...

The Zelda series is continuing, but Smash bros has nothing to do with the series. Are you gonna say Soul Calibur II is related to Zelda because it has Link in it? Let's move on. Shiek was a one time thing in Ocarina of Time, but after 5-6 years, she's become more than that, a powerful character in a long-loved fighting game. If you were playing Brawl right now, picked Zelda, and she transformed into Shiek, what would you honestly say? "WTF ZELDA ISN'T SHEIK ANYMORE! WAH"? I doubt it. Sheik is one part of Zelda that made her popular, which is why she was included in Melee. Can you honestly say that TP Zelda impressed you? Even Tetra had more story than TP Zelda did. >.>
What happens in the other series affects smash, but what happends IN smash doesnt affect the other series, Link was a guest in SC2, its a totally diferent story... I know sheik is incredibly popular among smashers, but sheik will no longer appear in other zelda games, thus like I said, what happens to the other series will affect smash, but noth the other way around, look at link in the 2nd trailer, when he does a spin attack, u dont longer c the gold energy thing when he does the spin attack, but he doesnt do it TP, he just spins the sword with no magic, and thus link in smash doesnt do the spin attack with magic, he just does it... things like that will happen, ganondorf will have the sword of sages, zelda will have the light arrows, shiek will not be in brawl, for the lack of a role in other zelda games, she was a one time thing, like midna and zant will be, like impa was, saria, darunia, ruto, and all the other characters, all of those characters will probably never appear again, thus, in the case of sheik, should pass the baton to a new zelda character, mainly midna... and Yes I was impressed with zelda in TP, she had a less of a role in comparison from other titles, but fighting her, giving the triforce to midna, thus sacrifiying (SP?) herself, yes I was impressed....

Also, if they're being updated to their 'last game', Ice Climbers would look around the same wouldn't they? As would many other characters. Sheik's last game was Ocarina of Time, but they can easily add in some Twilight Princess details into her outfit, and she'd be good, in fact her look now is fine enough for Brawl, just needs a roughing like every character's gotten.

And before you say TP Zelda can't transform into Sheik, why not? If it's Smash bros Zelda with a new model, wouldn't she still be relatively the same? It's not Twilight Princess Zelda, i'm pretty sure Smash bros is gonna have nothing to do with her shooting light arrows on a horse.
the ICs, like all retro character, will obviously have a new look (not to mention get 3D-ified), thus an example Pit, Mach rider in his trophy, and so on... Obviously their gonna update zeldas moves seeing how sheik will not come back (probably), she will have light arrows, and no she wont ride the horse when she shoots the arrows, can link float in termina while using the blue tunic (zora tunic) in smash? no, when mario uses the fireballs, does he transform into the classic fire mario (white overalls, red shirt), guess not, thus Zelda can shoot light arrows without needing to be on top of a horse...

Kirye

Smash Ace
Actually, the on top of the horse thing was meant to be a joke. XD And also referring to her story basis, and the 'ONLY' thing she did in Twilight Princess with importance. *Don't say she gave her life to revive Midna, they should've left her to die when they had the chance. =( *

Well I could keep this up, but I gotta go to class now. @.@

I'll just make this short.

There are many characters like Sheik in Brawl, but you don't consider them getting the boot, why? As you said yourself, Ice Climbers will get a new look, why can't Sheik? Because she's not in Zelda anymore? Big deal. It's a fighting game, involved with many characters that Nintendo has produced. Nintendo doesn't have to worry about publicity involving Sheik, because Link's already in it to advertise Zelda as he always has. So what reason is there really to remove her?

1) She's not in TP, and will never be used again:

As i've said multiple times, many of the characters in Smash bros won't be used again, but they're in it, gasp. Boggles the mind? Prime examples are Ice Climbers, Marth and Roy, Mewtwo, Young link (Though I doubt he'll make it in Brawl, but who knows.)

2) Zelda will be updated to her TP model, Sheik doesn't have a new model:

So Zelda gets a new look, okay. Would it be weird if her TP look transformed into Sheik, with a Brawl style model? Twilight Princess Zelda and Smash Bros. Melee Zelda look the same to me, except of course the new graphics engine. Sheik could just as easily get roughed too.

3) Zero Suit Samus has 2-3 tilts similar to Sheik, therefore she's the new Sheik:

If you didn't notice the hinted sarcasm in that, you fail.

Anything else i'm missing?

Anywho, i'm off to class.

Top Bottom