• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Shiek Return?

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm just gonna throw my very short/small two-cents in here...

I (even maining Ganon), would love to see Sheik come back. She's an essential part of the Smash world.

But that's not the question. The question is whether or not she will come back. That's what people seem to misunderstand. The answer to that one is more complex still, but could still be distorted from both sides.

On one side, you could say that Sheik will definitely return as she is a huge part of Smash lore. You could also say that she'll return as a somewhat 'retro' character. Hell, Pit's coming back for God's sake...surely Sheik could make a return, too, albeit as a stand-alone character.

The other side is simple: Zelda will be upgraded to be on par with TP's Zelda, thus kicking Sheik out of the game. Easy enough. Also, with the addition of Z Samus, it seems as if Nintendo is already thinking about all those people who love Sheik's tilts....

Now, for my actual two cents....I do believe that Sheik will return, albeit it heavily changed. She obviously won't be Zelda's counterpart, and will be given a different Down B move. As Z Samus seems to already be a Melee Sheik wanna-be, perhaps Sheik (and hopefully Ganon as well) will experience a overhaul, moves wise, thus making Sheik and Ganon a vital part to the game again.

/end

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
if she gets in as her own character it will be to me, a waste of a charcter spot. Diddy kong good point.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
Hows thet a waste Not to many people know how many characters are in Who know's they might change there mind and add everyone :D

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
I've got one good reason why Sheik should appear in Brawl despite being left out of TP. Sheik is Zelda. Let me explain:
The Legend of Zelda series has, until very recently, been somewhat short on plot and character development. And despite being the titular character as well as one of the re-occuring three, Zelda is still one of the least fleshed out of all the characters in the series. Unlike link, who spent every game in the players eye and evolved into a character through his actions, or Ganondorf, who set the traps Link had to overcome and thus evolved as a villan, Zelda has done little more than remain a captive princess for the majority of the Zelda series.
Going out in disguise as Sheik remains one of the single most notworthy actions Zelda has done, EVER. It practically defines her evolution as a character from helpless princess to still-captive-but-sneakily-fighting-back princess. After Zelda became Sheik in OOT, she became Tetra in WW, and did whatever it is she did in TP.

Because of this, Sheik can be seen less as a character in her own right, and more as an ability of Zelda's. Thus, we can say that Sheik stays not because she was an important character in one game, but because she's one of Zelda's coolest abilities.
A Zelda who can't become sheik is like a Link who use his Master sword.

IF Zelda will be in brawl i'm 100% sure that the tp Zelda will be in and if it will be her then they really can't have sheik in her moveset 'cause that was what oot zelda did and their not the same person ( 100 years pass from oot to tp). Besides Zelda had pretty important role in tp. But because the sheik-changing zelda and tp zelda aren't the same zelda, they would technically not be the same character if they had tp zelda solo and sheik solo in brawl :psycho:

But to be honest i really doubt she will come back although she could be retro char, I believe that zamus will replace her.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
If you look closely at zero suit samus's gameplay, she plays the same as sheik kinda, and wario plays like bowser... the word around the campfire is sheik will be replaced by ZSS. But only time will tell, or nintendo you know... whoever feels like it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't think that Wario plays alot like Bowser... He's a rather unique character from what we've seen and I bet he'll suprise us even more when Brawl comes out.

I still believe that Samus/ZSS is 100% based of Zelda/Sheik, thus being a likely character to replace Sheik. It wouldn't make sence if there where two characters that play alot like each other. Ofcoarse we have Dr.Mario and Mario, but Doc is pretty much guranteed to leave...

Ryuuseiken Marth

Smash Apprentice
ZSSamus's moves are more straightforward than Shiek's; and that the transformation into ZSSamus will be different than Zelda's Down B. Also, remember that Smashbros isn't canonical to the Zelda series, so they can do whatever they want with it

KidHellion

Smash Apprentice
It's probably been said, but:

ZS Samus= Speedy whippy martial arts chick
Sheik=Speedy whippy martial arts chick

Plus, if they upgraded Link, they'll probably upgrade Zelda to her more modernized incarnation.

fredish103

Smash Rookie
GRRR!!! Why must nintendo put us through all of this????? TELL US THE FACTS NINTENDO!!!!!!

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
i'd say every unique character is returning. just because the new link looks like the one from twilight princess doesnt mean every LoZ related character will have to be based on TP. the characters usually have movesets made out of various moves they have used. link never used a boomerang as an adult in OoT. mario couldnt shoot fireballs in super mario 64. as long as something is significant to that character, i say its staying. shiek was very significant so i doubt she is going to leave just because there is a newer LoZ game.

Boolossus

Smash Ace
She should definitely be in Brawl, but if nintendo remakes Zelda, because of TTP, then Sheik should have her own character square. It would be an outrage (to me anyways) if Sheik didn't return.

Darth Demonous

Smash Rookie
Maybe she'll be in, maybe not. As long as Zelda and Ganondorf are back in with their swords and looks from TP, I'll be happy with the Zelda cast. On the remodeling thing said before, can't they do the same thing to Young Link? You just put the proper hair and skin shadings and adult Link's tunic on him, maybe give him the Ordon Sheild, and You have TP young Link! On Zamus, I have not seen enough of her gameplay to say she is a Sheik clone. On Samus being nerfed because of a transformation, isn't her becoming Zamus going to be when she does her Super Smash attack (giant laser from E3)?

Why in the hell do people keep thinking that Zamus is exactly like shiek?

Even though she is agility based,i can't see why people can't imagine shiek as a seperate character.Just look at Mario/Doc,they are exact clones,so why can't Zelda's alter ego be another character?

Sure,Zamus did a D-tilt and an F-tilt that shares similarities to shiek's,but we have yet to see her complete moveset yet.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
they're more like link and samus if you think about it. they have some similar moves hut they are way different. do you think ZS samus can vanish, shoot needles, transform into a magic based character and do every single A move identicaly to sheik? they would be different.

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
Yes Shiek will be in brawl.
If not I'll draw and post so may hentai pics on this site...
That will be a day that hopefully wont come......
If it does.... it will be remembered and I'll be IP banned....

SHIEK WILL BE IN BRAWL

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
they're more like link and samus if you think about it. they have some similar moves hut they are way different. do you think ZS samus can vanish, shoot needles, transform into a magic based character and do every single A move identicaly to sheik? they would be different.
No they aren't. Zamus and Sheik are very very similair... Sure Zamus can't shoot needles, but she has a gun. No she can't transform in a magic based character, but she is a transformation from another character and that idea is based of Zelda/Sheik. The only think we don't know yet is if Zamus can vanish... As for A moves, just look at the Nintendo World Trailer, her tilts are ALOT like Sheik's if not almost the same.

Sure Zamus and Sheik are diffrent, but I think Zamus is made for the purpose of replacing Sheik. And I expect something similair with Ike and Roy, and PERHAPS even Lucas and Ness...? What about Wolf and Falco, or Kat and Ana tagteam and the Ice Climbers? We don't know yet, but it could happen...

Black/Light

Smash Master
I don't think she is coming back. IMHO they should just fuse their stats and throw in a sword to make TP Zelda ( Mid speed-speedy/ Magic redused by 1/2-1/3 and Moves that where taken away are replaced with fast, ninja like sword attacks).

Blacne it out and you have a kick arse Zelda who feels somewhat like Shiek.

But has anyone seen this vid that tries to show the roots of Zelda (and Shiek's) attacks in melee?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOMXw8MmO9o

VERY interesting vid.

P.S. I wish people would stop trying to assume Link wont have the Gale Boomerang in some form as their "they arent using everything TP" proof. We have yet to see his boomerang and Bv so anything can happen.

ggmax

Smash Cadet
if the new shiek was her in the TP outfit (the dark robes and stuff) that would be too pro. maybe they can slow her down too ;)

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
If you watch Zamus, her tilts look exactly like Sheik's.

TP is the new Zelda. Sheik is gone from the game entirely.

Sheik is gone from Brawl.

Baelen

Smash Cadet
I've got one good reason why Sheik should appear in Brawl despite being left out of TP. Sheik is Zelda. Let me explain:
The Legend of Zelda series has, until very recently, been somewhat short on plot and character development. And despite being the titular character as well as one of the re-occuring three, Zelda is still one of the least fleshed out of all the characters in the series. Unlike link, who spent every game in the players eye and evolved into a character through his actions, or Ganondorf, who set the traps Link had to overcome and thus evolved as a villan, Zelda has done little more than remain a captive princess for the majority of the Zelda series.
Going out in disguise as Sheik remains one of the single most notworthy actions Zelda has done, EVER. It practically defines her evolution as a character from helpless princess to still-captive-but-sneakily-fighting-back princess. After Zelda became Sheik in OOT, she became Tetra in WW, and did whatever it is she did in TP.

Because of this, Sheik can be seen less as a character in her own right, and more as an ability of Zelda's. Thus, we can say that Sheik stays not because she was an important character in one game, but because she's one of Zelda's coolest abilities.
A Zelda who can't become sheik is like a Link who use his Master sword.
And a Link who can't use his Master Sword is just a Calvin Klein model :laugh:

If this had been an e-mail sent to sakurai a few months ago, i bet sheik would have been in the game, no question.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
omg there are so many topics like this...

just because link looks like he does in TP does NOT mean anything for shiek...

sure link looks updated... it doesnt mean that SSB has to stay in synch with its characters...
why cant an old character return?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I don' t think sheik is in, TP has ruined the sheik users... on the brightside i'm not a sheik loser and i love TP :p sorry sheik users

T-major

Smash Champion
if Sheik does stay, I think she should remain as a part of Zelda (not as a seperate character). Sheik is not a different person; she is one of Zelda's abilities, and should stay as such. However, I do think Zelda should use
her sword from TP
in her A attacks. the reasons OysterMeister gave are, in my opinion, a perfect suporting reason as to why Sheik should stay.

also, the concept of Zamus replacing Sheik is just silly; simply because they have completly different abilities. at best, Zamus will have two or three moves that are slightly similar.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
well, if shiek doesnt return, then they need to get rid of links regular boomerang... and costume changes... since those are not in TP...

and i guess they will have to get rid of marios cape, and peaches turnips/float... and everything that makes the characters unique... beacuse they dont have them in their recent games...

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
i havent played TP but i saw that Zelda has a sword or something. most likely they will speed her up and make her more useful to make up for the lack of shiek. no one hardly used Zelda and i think they want Zelda to be actually used this time around. the people who want shiek to return are people who probablly use her. and because she's top tier.

i havent played TP but i saw that Zelda has a sword or something. most likely they will speed her up and make her more useful to make up for the lack of shiek. no one hardly used Zelda and i think they want Zelda to be actually used this time around. the people who want shiek to return are people who probablly use her. and because she's top tier.
You relize that everything you just said has no effect on whether she will stay or not right?

Nintendo doesn't care about he tournament community,nor how much was used or not via her alter ego.

well, if shiek doesnt return, then they need to get rid of links regular boomerang... and costume changes... since those are not in TP...

and i guess they will have to get rid of marios cape, and peaches turnips/float... and everything that makes the characters unique... beacuse they dont have them in their recent games...
Once again,common sense triumphs...

Oops. I just came to a conclusion. I'm taking back what I said before.

There cannot be a Twilight Princess version of Shiek because that would mean the Zelda in the game would be from OOT. The Zelda's in OOT and TP are not the same person, and therefore, if you mixed Shiek (the Zelda from OOT) with the TP version of Zelda, you're playing as two characters who never met, never lived at the same time, and certainly can't transform into each other at will.
Ok,then...explain how you can have Link AND Young Link and one game?How about Mario and Doctor Mario? You want to know why? Because smash bros. doesn't follow the story and current position of each character.Sure,the characters may reflect the look of their modern referances,but that doesn't mean the characters in the game had to have any reason to be in the game.

As dumb founded as this may sound,the reason why everyone thinks that shiek won't return is that they are using too much logic.Smash bros. isn't a story based game,it is a fighting game,one that doesn't make any sense,and it shouldn't have to as long as you enjoy it.....

And speaking of dumb founded. . . . .

If you watch Zamus, her tilts look exactly like Sheik's.

TP is the new Zelda. Sheik is gone from the game entirely.

Sheik is gone from Brawl.
IF Zelda will be in brawl i'm 100% sure that the tp Zelda will be in and if it will be her then they really can't have sheik in her moveset 'cause that was what oot zelda did and their not the same person ( 100 years pass from oot to tp). Besides Zelda had pretty important role in tp. But because the sheik-changing zelda and tp zelda aren't the same zelda, they would technically not be the same character if they had tp zelda solo and sheik solo in brawl :psycho:

But to be honest i really doubt she will come back although she could be retro char, I believe that zamus will replace her.
If you look closely at zero suit samus's gameplay, she plays the same as sheik kinda, and wario plays like bowser... the word around the campfire is sheik will be replaced by ZSS. But only time will tell, or nintendo you know... whoever feels like it.
I dont think she will return ZZS is too much like in her in the concept.
I have nothing more to say........

FuSe

Smash Rookie
If zelda is gunna be solely TP based like a lot of these people here assume, then I guess link MUST have a TP based moveset also. Follow my logic ?

I wanna see link transform into a wolf!!!!

oh and no moves like nair, fair, rapid a, dash a, up smash, d smash, F smash etc...
Those were not in Twilight Princess so yah they shouldnt be in brawl!

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
um first of all yeah they do care who has been used and whatnot. otherwise Sakurai wouldnt be asking people who they would like to see in brawl. also rumors wouldnt have been spread saying ice climbers and mr G&W would get the boot obviously they were not used that much in melee. i think Sakurai mentioned it somewhere. again as i stated a few pages back, Sheik was in OOT. if Zelda was put in the original SSB it would be appropriate for her to be able to transform into shiek. seeing as that game came out during that era. Sheik not once made another appearance again after that until melee. if she was in alot of the other Zelda games or at least two or three then i'd be just like you saying she'd be in. but alas, that's not the case. it would be crazy to give Shiek an individual character slot. no, not because she resembles ZSamus but because theres no need for it. Zelda relied on Shiek in melee because without Shiek she'd be weak.. Zelda has a sword now and doesnt need Shiek anymore. Sheik hasnt played an important role in the Zelda series anyway but be Zelda, dressed up as somebody else. so it's not like their losing a star player. It was ok to have Shiek in melee but now.. it just wouldnt make sense when Zelda has been upgraded to actually well.....fight. oh and when u said something about how come you can have mario and dr mario. and link and y. link. the person who said that u cant have TP Zelda with OOT Shiek is right. dr mario is mario dressed in a doctor outfit and Y link is the younger version of link. but at least their the same person it makes more sense than two completly different people being able to transform into eachother. that's for sure. woooo that's enough for me lol.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Link in SSBB looks like Link from Twilight Princess. Yet he still has the same moveset, as we can see from the videos.

So does Fox, Kirby, Pikachu, and Mario.

So we can only assume that any returning Melee character will have the same moveset. Part of Zelda's moveset was turning into her alter ego, Shiek.

If Zelda's in, I'm sure Shiek will be in, too. I don't think they'll redesign her just because of her most recent game.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
So Ganondorf is going to retain "his" moveset from melee? i kinda dont think so. lol.
it's not an issue to redesign a character. they are going to do it with Ganondorf anyway to fit YES twilight princess believe it or not.his most RECENT game. they might even do it with Peach and several other characters. im hoping they dont however.

Top Bottom