• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Shiek Return?

Starmanclock

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fangzthewolf
Since Link is taking Twilight Princess form, will Shiek return, or die in the dust of history? I really don't know.

Kirye

Smash Ace
Shiek may stay, granted all they have to do is just solidify her look to be more Brawlish, but they don't have to give her a TP model like Ganondorf, Zelda and Link. Shiek's a popular character, and still a legacy living from OoT, the chance that she'll stay and appear as a separate character is pretty high.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I say Sheik is gone. It's not only because of her absence in Twilight Princess, it's also how the whole idea of Zero Suit Samus is based of Sheik... Thus having a huge change to replace her completly with it.

Kirye

Smash Ace
I say Sheik is gone. It's not only because of her absence in Twilight Princess, it's also how the whole idea of Zero Suit Samus is based of Sheik... Thus having a huge change to replace her completly with it.
As for the TP situation, it's irrelevant. Many of the characters in Brawl have no new games being released for them, like IC and Ness and so forth, just because she wasn't in the new Zelda, and won't be for future Zeldas (Maybe), doesn't mean she should be removed when she was such a unique character in Super Smash Bros. Melee, which is a completely DIFFERENT game than the Zelda series.

And with the idea of Zamus, that's also somewhat irrelevant, because Samus alone is a strong character with her own skills and tier place. In the situation with Zelda/Shiek, Zelda was the magic, long range fighter with the higher teleport, while Shiek was the fast, short range, speed melee fighter who was used for comboing. Samus however, is already formidable, and to take Shiek away from Zelda would inbalance her, leaving her with what? Her moveset which was really no good, just made up with the fact that she had a better recovery than her counter-part Shiek, and Shiek was her attack form.

Also, it's not clear that Zamus will be EXACTLY like Shiek, only that so far it's been shown that it's another fast attacker, not necessarily making her a clone, but adding another speed attack character into the Brawl setting, am I correct? No one character is classified into their own setting, some are fast, some are slow but strong, and some are in between and have fairly good techs.

Anyway, we'll see once Brawl comes out if Shiek made it back or not, right?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
As for the TP situation, it's irrelevant. Many of the characters in Brawl have no new games being released for them, like IC and Ness and so forth, just because she wasn't in the new Zelda, and won't be for future Zeldas (Maybe), doesn't mean she should be removed when she was such a unique character in Super Smash Bros. Melee, which is a completely DIFFERENT game than the Zelda series.
This is the part I most agree with. However for Sheik I think this is diffrent. You see, the Ice Climbers are retro characters which will likely never been seen again outside of Smash Bros. Same goes for Ness... Even though Mother 3 was a big revival of the franchise, Ness wasn't the main character of it but still very important to the story and franchise... Ness is a legend in Mother, same as Marth for Fire Emblem... The Ice Climbers are retro characters, and seeing as they've added Pit I don't see a reason why to cut retro characters instead of adding more of them.

Speaking of Fire Emblem, the only reason people want Roy cut is because Marth is the original character who's been there since the beginning. However, we all want Roy to be replaced by a newer Fire Emblem character... Sounds a little like the Sheik problem here for me... Link, Zelda and Ganon where all there since the beginning of The Legend of Zelda. Sheik was only in Ocarina of Time. I say she should pass the stick to a newer Zelda character... Not specifically from Twilight Princess... But how about WW Link or even Tingle??

Sheik stared in only one Zelda game, and frankly didn't had a huge role. I could see her returning as a own character with a own character slot, but that would be sort of confusing since we'd then have 2 Zelda's running around. And with the almost 100% guranteed removal of Dr.Mario, Pichu and Young Link I don't see any reason to have a character appearing twice in Brawl... But that's just my oppinion.

And with the idea of Zamus, that's also somewhat irrelevant, because Samus alone is a strong character with her own skills and tier place. In the situation with Zelda/Shiek, Zelda was the magic, long range fighter with the higher teleport, while Shiek was the fast, short range, speed melee fighter who was used for comboing. Samus however, is already formidable, and to take Shiek away from Zelda would inbalance her, leaving her with what? Her moveset which was really no good, just made up with the fact that she had a better recovery than her counter-part Shiek, and Shiek was her attack form.
Yes Samus IS a strong character with a high tier place... But is she also in Brawl? Changes are big that they're nerfing and buffing many characters, so I can see some slight nerfing for Samus to. I don't think we'll see Fox being the God Tier character again in Brawl...

As for Zelda being unbalanced without Sheik, it's the same as with Samus... it's just Melee performance. They could give Zelda her rapier from Twilight Princess, a little more speed and she'd be a better character than she was in Melee. Zelda wouldn't even need Sheik if she'd had a sword...

Also, it's not clear that Zamus will be EXACTLY like Shiek, only that so far it's been shown that it's another fast attacker, not necessarily making her a clone, but adding another speed attack character into the Brawl setting, am I correct? No one character is classified into their own setting, some are fast, some are slow but strong, and some are in between and have fairly good techs.
I've never said that Zamus would be an EXACT Sheik-clone didn't I? I've only said that the two characters are very familiar, and are both a "shadow" of the original character. Zamus is just as Sheik, a fast and nimble character with rather weak moves... More we don't know yet about her, but I think Zamus would be a good replacement for Sheik.

I'm not saying that you should give up hope though... Believe whatever you want, because Brawl isn't even released yet. ;)

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Go flip a coin to find out because all arguments like this are a waste of time. For all we knew a year ago, Mario may not have been a character. It's completely up to the makers of the game and no number of fanboys will persuade them if they dont want to do it.

Short arguement as to why she may return despite the TP thing:

Marth hadn't appeared in another game for years leading to his inclusion in Melee, but he was still a character, regardless. Same with Ice Climbers, G&W, and Ness.

Edit: I admit to not reading your paragraphs.

Kirye

Smash Ace
Hehe, I don't give up hope unless someone can fully prove me wrong and change my mind, and that's kinda hard. D=

This is the part I most agree with. However for Sheik I think this is diffrent. You see, the Ice Climbers are retro characters which will likely never been seen again outside of Smash Bros. Same goes for Ness... Even though Mother 3 was a big revival of the franchise, Ness wasn't the main character of it but still very important to the story and franchise... Ness is a legend in Mother, same as Marth for Fire Emblem... The Ice Climbers are retro characters, and seeing as they've added Pit I don't see a reason why to cut retro characters instead of adding more of them.

Speaking of Fire Emblem, the only reason people want Roy cut is because Marth is the original character who's been there since the beginning. However, we all want Roy to be replaced by a newer Fire Emblem character... Sounds a little like the Sheik problem here for me... Link, Zelda and Ganon where all there since the beginning of The Legend of Zelda. Sheik was only in Ocarina of Time. I say she should pass the stick to a newer Zelda character... Not specifically from Twilight Princess... But how about WW Link or even Tingle??

Sheik stared in only one Zelda game, and frankly didn't had a huge role. I could see her returning as a own character with a own character slot, but that would be sort of confusing since we'd then have 2 Zelda's running around. And with the almost 100% guranteed removal of Dr.Mario, Pichu and Young Link I don't see any reason to have a character appearing twice in Brawl... But that's just my oppinion.
I see where your points stand in this, but the fact of the matter is, that this is a fighting game involving Nintendo characters that fight against each other, not a remake of every Nintendo franchise combined.

Being that Sheik won't be seen in another Zelda game, or at least that's how we see it right now (You really never know), usable or not, she can still be considered a retro character from the N64 generation. The Sheik in Melee isn't necessarily a remake of the OoT Sheik, but rather a generated creation for the game Super Smash Bros. Melee. What did we see from Sheik in OoT that can be related to Melee? Nothing besides the model. You didn't see Sheik fight in OoT, but nonetheless she was a playable, and amazing character, in Melee.

Therein does lie the chance that Sheik could be replaced for a new Zelda character. WW Link I can see replacing Young Link however, but Tingle? Come on now. Be it that Tingle has been in many more Zelda games than Sheik, can you really see Tingle as a playable fighting character? And more so as a replacement to a Top Tier character like Sheik? I honestly can't, i'd personally see that as a waste of a character spot for someone who doesn't deserve it.

What I can see happening though, is that they completely revamp Zeldas moveset (Granted that she's even in Brawl, not everyone is returning.) to be more like Sheiks, or at the very least, a more fight-worthy character. Zelda with a sword, however, I can't see happening, as there are many sword users already in the Smash bros games, and for Zelda to come in and be using a sword too, when she's always really been the magic caster.. Nah, I don't doubt that Nintendo can do it or not, but I doubt they "would".

And it wouldn't be too confusing having two different Zeldas in the game, because there is a BIG difference between Doc and Mario, and Zelda and Sheik.

http://ssbm.detstar.com/screengallery/drmario.jpg - Dr. Mario
http://www.gamecubicle.com/images/games/ssb-mario-1.jpg - Mario

http://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/16387/sheik_trophy.jpg - Sheik
http://www.planetgamecube.com/media/696/1/th/4335.jpg - Zelda

As you can see, Mario and Doc, aside from the doctor/plumber outfits, look exactly the same. Zelda and Sheik however, being the same person, still have a completely different outfit. Mario and Doc have the exact same movesets, being a fireball and pill the only difference. Zelda and Sheik have different movesets, aside from the DownB Transform, and the UpB Teleport. (Which is still fairly different.)

Yes Samus IS a strong character with a high tier place... But is she also in Brawl? Changes are big that they're nerfing and buffing many characters, so I can see some slight nerfing for Samus to. I don't think we'll see Fox being the God Tier character again in Brawl...

As for Zelda being unbalanced without Sheik, it's the same as with Samus... it's just Melee performance. They could give Zelda her rapier from Twilight Princess, a little more speed and she'd be a better character than she was in Melee. Zelda wouldn't even need Sheik if she'd had a sword...
Samus is in Brawl, yes. And as how they'll nerf Samus, I can't see. More than likely, she'll be keeping her missle, charge beam, maybe a different UpB, but otherwise with different skills, it wouldn't even be Samus anymore, possibly they'll weaken the attacks, but they can't nerf too far down, I don't think. Her A skills probably won't be changing too much either.

Well, if they did, then I suppose Sheik wouldn't have to be around, but it just stands that I can't see Zelda with a sword really, and even if she had it, it would still be different than Sheik.

Zelda wouldn't need Sheik either, Sheik can become a separate character.

I've never said that Zamus would be an EXACT Sheik-clone didn't I? I've only said that the two characters are very familiar, and are both a "shadow" of the original character. Zamus is just as Sheik, a fast and nimble character with rather weak moves... More we don't know yet about her, but I think Zamus would be a good replacement for Sheik.

I'm not saying that you should give up hope though... Believe whatever you want, because Brawl isn't even released yet.
You didn't, no, I jumped the gun on that one. =p

But it doesn't mean that Zamus will become the replacement. Sakurai wants this game to be sort of like Melee, with many of the original characters, but remove a few, like the clones. In which, really, it's only Dr. Mario and Pichu that are exact clones. Roy, Falco, and Ganondorf are clones, yet separate characters, and can be changed around to fit Brawl's theme be it that they add them. Sheik falls along the same lines as these 3, it would no longer be a part of Zelda, but her own character.

Also, what if they update Zelda to be more like her TP look, BUT, also have Sheik in as her transformation, being the fast fighter, nerfed or not. The new Zelda doesn't have to be the TP Zelda, but can be a combination of OoT Zelda, combined with TP. It's a possibility.

And yes, let's see what happens, still got half a year or more left. XD

Kirye

Smash Ace
Go flip a coin to find out because all arguments like this are a waste of time. For all we knew a year ago, Mario may not have been a character. It's completely up to the makers of the game and no number of fanboys will persuade them if they dont want to do it.

Short arguement as to why she may return despite the TP thing:

Marth hadn't appeared in another game for years leading to his inclusion in Melee, but he was still a character, regardless. Same with Ice Climbers, G&W, and Ness.

Edit: I admit to not reading your paragraphs.
That's fine, I just like debating. =P

EDIT: ****, I posted this instead of pressing edit.. >_< Someone delete this? x_x

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Mmmm. I dunno. Personally, I don't think so. I like Shiek, but even I have my doubts. I'm almost certain that the whole Zelda cast is going to stick to the Twilight Princess theme. Unfortunately, that doesn't include Shiek. I'm just being honest here.

But, it would be a great selling point for Brawl if they did include Shiek as part of Zelda's movelist, thereby showing fans what Shiek would have looked like had she been in Twilight Princess.

That's the best answer I can give.

King_cobra3600

Smash Apprentice
I say bring back a Brawl-ish looking Zelda and keep the Shiek transformation.

That's what I say.

Edit:Destruction King, because you beat TP in 35 hrs. without a guide, I shall present you with 999,999,999 cookies.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
good arguments about shiek being in Brawl. me personally i dont see it happening. not because shiek resembles Zsamus but like many stated before because Shiek isnt in TP and the Zelda characters will be going with that look. Zelda could get a new moveset that would not make her need Shiek again. It would be nice if they actually put Shiek in Brawl but i dont think Shiek should get an individual character slot. Yes, she's high tier and Yes the only reason people picked Zelda in the first place was to use Shiek. but i just dont see it happening. they could keep Zelda the same and give Shiek a Brawlish look like someone said.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
I've got one good reason why Sheik should appear in Brawl despite being left out of TP. Sheik is Zelda. Let me explain:
The Legend of Zelda series has, until very recently, been somewhat short on plot and character development. And despite being the titular character as well as one of the re-occuring three, Zelda is still one of the least fleshed out of all the characters in the series. Unlike link, who spent every game in the players eye and evolved into a character through his actions, or Ganondorf, who set the traps Link had to overcome and thus evolved as a villan, Zelda has done little more than remain a captive princess for the majority of the Zelda series.
Going out in disguise as Sheik remains one of the single most notworthy actions Zelda has done, EVER. It practically defines her evolution as a character from helpless princess to still-captive-but-sneakily-fighting-back princess. After Zelda became Sheik in OOT, she became Tetra in WW, and did whatever it is she did in TP.

Because of this, Sheik can be seen less as a character in her own right, and more as an ability of Zelda's. Thus, we can say that Sheik stays not because she was an important character in one game, but because she's one of Zelda's coolest abilities.
A Zelda who can't become sheik is like a Link who use his Master sword.

Kirye

Smash Ace
I've got one good reason why Sheik should appear in Brawl despite being left out of TP. Sheik is Zelda. Let me explain:
The Legend of Zelda series has, until very recently, been somewhat short on plot and character development. And despite being the titular character as well as one of the re-occuring three, Zelda is still one of the least fleshed out of all the characters in the series. Unlike link, who spent every game in the players eye and evolved into a character through his actions, or Ganondorf, who set the traps Link had to overcome and thus evolved as a villan, Zelda has done little more than remain a captive princess for the majority of the Zelda series.
Going out in disguise as Sheik remains one of the single most notworthy actions Zelda has done, EVER. It practically defines her evolution as a character from helpless princess to still-captive-but-sneakily-fighting-back princess. After Zelda became Sheik in OOT, she became Tetra in WW, and did whatever it is she did in TP.

Because of this, Sheik can be seen less as a character in her own right, and more as an ability of Zelda's. Thus, we can say that Sheik stays not because she was an important character in one game, but because she's one of Zelda's coolest abilities.
A Zelda who can't become sheik is like a Link who use his Master sword.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
I think sheik will be by himself Yes i know its a girl but by himself she's a guy Zelda should have that cool sword instead Ahh the sexiness XD Or either they could give him a TP look Sheikah Ninja Style :D

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Errr how can they give Sheik a TP look if she isn't even in TP? ... .__.;

Kirye

Smash Ace
Errr how can they give Sheik a TP look if she isn't even in TP? ... .__.;
That's what we like to call art, my friend.

You take Sheik's model, scrap it but keep the basic look in thought. Afterwards, design the model based on Twilight Princess' graphical engine, which as it seems every character in Brawl will have this sort of look. (A more roughed out, less colorful style, amazing I might say.)

The clothing Sheik would have would most likely still be the Melee suit, but of course with graphical changes to fit Brawl's theme, and add in some new details to make it seem newer.

Just like how they updated Links, Zeldas and Ganons look, they can easily update Sheiks look too, no?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hehe, I don't give up hope unless someone can fully prove me wrong and change my mind, and that's kinda hard. D=

I see where your points stand in this, but the fact of the matter is, that this is a fighting game involving Nintendo characters that fight against each other, not a remake of every Nintendo franchise combined.
Sorry if I'm late, been a little busy these days. Anyways, your right with this comment. This IS indeed a fighting game where anything is possible. Just look at Melee... Who would expect Mr.Game & Watch, Pichu, Dr.Mario or even Zelda and Ice Climbers?

Being that Sheik won't be seen in another Zelda game, or at least that's how we see it right now (You really never know), usable or not, she can still be considered a retro character from the N64 generation. The Sheik in Melee isn't necessarily a remake of the OoT Sheik, but rather a generated creation for the game Super Smash Bros. Melee. What did we see from Sheik in OoT that can be related to Melee? Nothing besides the model. You didn't see Sheik fight in OoT, but nonetheless she was a playable, and amazing character, in Melee.
I don't really consider the N64 nor SNES generation as retro. Sure the N64 and SNES are very old systems. Real Nintendo retro sytems are the NES and older ones like Game & Watch and Arcade games... The N64 isn't retro because the N64 is a console which plays pretty much like a now a days console minus graphics. You've got an analoge stick and many buttons like the Playstation, PS2, GameCube, XBox, XBox360 and PS3. The NES just as a example just has 2 buttons and a d-pad.. nothing more. No L and R, Y and X ect...

Therein does lie the chance that Sheik could be replaced for a new Zelda character. WW Link I can see replacing Young Link however, but Tingle? Come on now. Be it that Tingle has been in many more Zelda games than Sheik, can you really see Tingle as a playable fighting character? And more so as a replacement to a Top Tier character like Sheik? I honestly can't, i'd personally see that as a waste of a character spot for someone who doesn't deserve it.
I was just using Tingle as an example... Sure I don't want Sheik to be replaced by him. But truth to be told, he's a more devopled character. He's been in Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and has an own game of himself for the DS (Japan exclusive). But don't think just because he's a annoying character that deserves cancer in his anus he couldn't make an unique character! He might lack the moves, but he's got a baloon... Funny thing is that Sheik's moves all where made up to, so please don't say that's impossible for Tingle not being worthy of a playable character.

Another thing what I see alot in your post is that your defending Sheik because she's Top Tier in Melee. Sure it's important in tournaments and such, but not when it comes for the developers. Remember that they are making the game with balance in mind. Sure some characters will be better than others, there's no doubt about that... And be sure that IF Sheik returns, she'll be nerfed as hell. Say goodbye to the 0%-death chainthrowing...

What I can see happening though, is that they completely revamp Zeldas moveset (Granted that she's even in Brawl, not everyone is returning.) to be more like Sheiks, or at the very least, a more fight-worthy character. Zelda with a sword, however, I can't see happening, as there are many sword users already in the Smash bros games, and for Zelda to come in and be using a sword too, when she's always really been the magic caster.. Nah, I don't doubt that Nintendo can do it or not, but I doubt they "would".
No I don't want Zelda as an all sword character either... But how about sword and magic combined? Zelda's Ariel moves may stay the same, because that where her best ones except for the LAME Dair... As for Zelda's B moves, I'd like to see more TP-style into that. If you've beat TP you know what I mean... I believe that Zelda WILL return because she's one of the 3 Zelda characters wielding the power of the Triforce. I think Zelda should only use her sword for her A moves, like the Ftilt and Utilt...

And it wouldn't be too confusing having two different Zeldas in the game, because there is a BIG difference between Doc and Mario, and Zelda and Sheik.

http://ssbm.detstar.com/screengallery/drmario.jpg - Dr. Mario
http://www.gamecubicle.com/images/games/ssb-mario-1.jpg - Mario

http://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/16387/sheik_trophy.jpg - Sheik
http://www.planetgamecube.com/media/696/1/th/4335.jpg - Zelda

As you can see, Mario and Doc, aside from the doctor/plumber outfits, look exactly the same. Zelda and Sheik however, being the same person, still have a completely different outfit. Mario and Doc have the exact same movesets, being a fireball and pill the only difference. Zelda and Sheik have different movesets, aside from the DownB Transform, and the UpB Teleport. (Which is still fairly different.)
Yes there's more diffrence between Zelda and Sheik than Doc and Mario. Sheik is an original character, I've never denied that... But I'm against characters with 2 character slots. That's why I don't want Wolf Link or WW Link either... That's just my opinion though..

Samus is in Brawl, yes. And as how they'll nerf Samus, I can't see. More than likely, she'll be keeping her missle, charge beam, maybe a different UpB, but otherwise with different skills, it wouldn't even be Samus anymore, possibly they'll weaken the attacks, but they can't nerf too far down, I don't think. Her A skills probably won't be changing too much either.
Yes I know Samus will be back... Smashbros.com has clearly stated that already. I'm very sure that her Missles will return to but and I'm not sure they'll give her a new UpB but... You know that Samus' is only that high on the Tier list because of her recovery and spamable projectiles? If they'd remove Bomb Jumping, made her Grab shorter and remade her missles so that they aren't spamable anymore she'd deffinatly be lower on the Brawl Tier List than she was in the Melee one... On a sidenote: Samus was horrible competive-wise in Smash64.

Well, if they did, then I suppose Sheik wouldn't have to be around, but it just stands that I can't see Zelda with a sword really, and even if she had it, it would still be different than Sheik.

Zelda wouldn't need Sheik either, Sheik can become a separate character.
True, Sheik could be seperate from Zelda, but what would her purpose be in the game? In Melee, she was the alterego of Zelda. In Brawl, she'd be just another character... I don't say it's impossible though, but then again I'm against 1 character with 2 slots...

But it doesn't mean that Zamus will become the replacement. Sakurai wants this game to be sort of like Melee, with many of the original characters, but remove a few, like the clones. In which, really, it's only Dr. Mario and Pichu that are exact clones. Roy, Falco, and Ganondorf are clones, yet separate characters, and can be changed around to fit Brawl's theme be it that they add them. Sheik falls along the same lines as these 3, it would no longer be a part of Zelda, but her own character.
Yes, Dr.Mario and Pichu are the most likely to go, I agree with that. But I still say that the whole idea of Samus/Zero Suit Samus is based of Zelda/Sheik, thus being a likely replacement... As for Ganondorf, Falco and Roy, I only say Ganondorf is the one which will be back for sure. Roy I explained before, and Falco also got a slight change to be replaced by lets say... Krystal?

What I also think is that Sakurai is "affraid" to nerf the Melee Top Tiers as Falco and Sheik too much. Fox can easly be just like he was in Smash64 again, since only his Shine Spike is a MUST to nerfe... But for Sheik I'm not sure. Sheik is a quick character that's easy to master with as her only REAL finishing move her Hand of God aka the Fair... If Sheik would lose her Triforce of raw Power from the Fair she'd already be nerfed enough... But that wouldn't please the Sheik players... Therefore, I think they;ve made Zamus on purpose for her to be a character that plays alot like Sheik, yet not being Sheik...

Falco should just get a whole new moveset and he's fixed. Why he and not Sheik? Well... Sheik's not a clone, and Falco is.

Also, what if they update Zelda to be more like her TP look, BUT, also have Sheik in as her transformation, being the fast fighter, nerfed or not. The new Zelda doesn't have to be the TP Zelda, but can be a combination of OoT Zelda, combined with TP. It's a possibility.
Ofcoarse this is a possibility, but as you said yourself:

And yes, let's see what happens, still got half a year or more left. XD
Ineed, let's just all wait and see how Brawl will be. This game will be good, with or without Sheik. ^^

bowz10190

Smash Apprentice
I really don't think sheik will go. She is such a great and popular character in melee. I really think she will stay.

Kirye

Smash Ace
Overall, I don't wanna see any characters go. Even Pichu, whom i've never used besides as a joke, in which I prefer using Jigglypuff jokewise and ownage.

Sheik i've used before, she's good, but she's not a main. >.< But I found her important to the OoT story, and she just fits in so well in Melee. D=

*Didn't feel like making a long post today, me head hurts. ._. *

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Oops. I just came to a conclusion. I'm taking back what I said before.

There cannot be a Twilight Princess version of Shiek because that would mean the Zelda in the game would be from OOT. The Zelda's in OOT and TP are not the same person, and therefore, if you mixed Shiek (the Zelda from OOT) with the TP version of Zelda, you're playing as two characters who never met, never lived at the same time, and certainly can't transform into each other at will.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Oh, that is smart thinking.

I've always felt that they should be two seperate characters anyway. People ignored Zelda completely in Melee. They would play characters like Pichu or Bowser, but never Zelda because Sheik was there.

Kirye

Smash Ace

There cannot be a Twilight Princess version of Shiek because that would mean the Zelda in the game would be from OOT. The Zelda's in OOT and TP are not the same person, and therefore, if you mixed Shiek (the Zelda from OOT) with the TP version of Zelda, you're playing as two characters who never met, never lived at the same time, and certainly can't transform into each other at will.
Not that it matters since Smash bros has nothing in common with the Legend of Zelda story. XD

Joner

Smash Cadet
Still, TP Zelda IS NOT Shiek, so if both return, with Zelda having a TP model, Shiek should definately be a separate.
Personally, I'd want Shiek to stay, but a little nerfed. I'd like Falco, Roy, Pichu, Doc, YLink, etc. to go, and balancing the remaining characters out.
I'd like every non-clone character to remain, including Shiek.
If Shiek goes and is replaced by another Zelda character however... GO MIDNA! :)

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Okay, people need to stop assuming that characters in Smash Bros come from specific games. They don't, they all come from their own series. That's SERIES, as in more than one game.

Fox in Brawl is the best example of this. Look at him, he's a mix of practically every version of Fox to appear, ever. He's not the Fox from Assault or Adventure or 64 exclusivley, he's the Fox from all the games. It's the same with Link and Zelda.
Athough they both will undoubtebly look like they did in TP, this doesn't mean that this will be the game they come from. If Link still has his boomerange in Brawl, it won't be the gale boomerange, it'll be the classic boomerange he's had in all his other games. Why? Because the Link in Brawl doesn't come from TP. He doesn't come from ANY single game. The Link in Melee and Brawl is a sort of universal creation, representing all the Links from all the Zelda games that he can. Similarly, the Zelda in Melee wsn't from OOT, she just looked like it. She had Sheik, true, but she also had magic. Zelda never used Din's fire in OOT, but she did in Melee. Why? Because Zelda from Melee was a universal representation of herself from every appearance she ever made. Similarly, although the new look for Zelda may be from TP, this doesn't mean that the new Zelda in Brawl will be in any way limited by what the TP zelda could or couldn't do. And this includes transforming into Sheik.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Okay, people need to stop assuming that characters in Smash Bros come from specific games. They don't, they all come from their own series. That's SERIES, as in more than one game.

Fox in Brawl is the best example of this. Look at him, he's a mix of practically every version of Fox to appear, ever. He's not the Fox from Assault or Adventure or 64 exclusivley, he's the Fox from all the games. It's the same with Link and Zelda.
Athough they both will undoubtebly look like they did in TP, this doesn't mean that this will be the game they come from. If Link still has his boomerange in Brawl, it won't be the gale boomerange, it'll be the classic boomerange he's had in all his other games. Why? Because the Link in Brawl doesn't come from TP. He doesn't come from ANY single game. The Link in Melee and Brawl is a sort of universal creation, representing all the Links from all the Zelda games that he can. Similarly, the Zelda in Melee wsn't from OOT, she just looked like it. She had Sheik, true, but she also had magic. Zelda never used Din's fire in OOT, but she did in Melee. Why? Because Zelda from Melee was a universal representation of herself from every appearance she ever made. Similarly, although the new look for Zelda may be from TP, this doesn't mean that the new Zelda in Brawl will be in any way limited by what the TP zelda could or couldn't do. And this includes transforming into Sheik.
Correction. There is only one Fox McCloud. Because of this, he can mix and match his gear however he wants because it all belongs to the same individual character.

But there are several Zeldas thoughout the continuity of Zelda. Because of this, Nintendo will pick out a Zelda to represent the series as a whole, but the design they pick will have to mimic the game that the individual design came from. So yes, Zelda will represent her series as a whole, but will use moves reflected in Twilight Princess.

Fox on the other hand, can use anything he wants from anywhere throughout his continuity because the same individual character has been present though all the games. Same can be said for Falco.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
^^^ good point. sure Zelda never used magic in OOT but we always knew she could use magic so it wasnt some big surprise. the Zelda in brawl will represent the one in TP. it wouldnt make sense for her to still transform into shiek. if zelda was in SSB for the N64 she would have that ability seeing as Zelda OOT came out at that time. a new Zelda game has come out meaning her look and most likely her fighting style will revolve around that. it's sad i know for all the Shiek lovers but that's how it's probablly going to be. seeing as Shiek wont be in the game Zelda will get a more useful role. than just being selected for Shiek.

Biosage X

Smash Apprentice
That's what we like to call art, my friend.

You take Sheik's model, scrap it but keep the basic look in thought. Afterwards, design the model based on Twilight Princess' graphical engine, which as it seems every character in Brawl will have this sort of look. (A more roughed out, less colorful style, amazing I might say.)

The clothing Sheik would have would most likely still be the Melee suit, but of course with graphical changes to fit Brawl's theme, and add in some new details to make it seem newer.

Just like how they updated Links, Zeldas and Ganons look, they can easily update Sheiks look too, no?
Just look at what they did to Pit. If they can do that, then they can easily make Sheik look good too.
You two win the intellegence award. :D Very, Very great points.

GenG

Smash Lord

Although I don't see Sheik coming again, this is debatable. Smash doesn't take "exactly" characters of versions of them, but rather, combine their abilities and looks into one single model. Someone pointed the Fox example, but see this one: Young Link.

Young Link is based on the same character from OOT, but he appears in MM too.
He has a Kokiri Sword, Deku Shield, Boomerang and... Fire Arrows. Link has never carried Fire Arrows while having the Deku Shield and the Kokiri Sword, so it has to be a more general representation of Young Link, from both games.

Sheik could exist in Twilight Princess, even if we don't see her. There aren't any sheikah left in TP, but that isn't restrictive. There isn't enough proof to why Zelda couldn't transform into Sheik: The fact is that she could, it's Smash Bros after all. TP look and Sheik, nothing special here.

If TP Link boomerang doesn't cause gusts of wind, what then? Another "crossover" character. That's how Smash works.

But again, I think ZSZamus is the "new" Sheik, a fast-hitting character with acrobatic moves and a lot of launchers and juggles.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
She will return.Oh yes.She will return.Good point by OysterMeister on page 1 too.I hope Marth is out of brawl:laugh:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
She will return.Oh yes.She will return.Good point by OysterMeister on page 1 too.I hope Marth is out of brawl:laugh:
You realise that Marth wins in both populairity and importance to the characters franchise right? Japan was begging for Marth when Melee got accounced, Sheik was populair to but nearly not as high as Marth. Marth is the first main lord of Fire Emblem, he's a freaking legend in his franchise!

Sheik was only in one Zelda game and didn't actually have a that imporant role. Sure Zelda was very important to the story, but Sheik was only there to teach you songs... And besides that Impa has thought Zelda some Sheikah stuff, Sheik is a very vague character.

I still say that Zero Suit Samus will be Sheik's replacement. It's for me pretty oblivous, since they basically took the whole idea of Zero Suit Samus from Sheik... Sheik is an outdated character with no importance anymore to the Zelda franchise. Zero Suit Samus returned in Metroid Prime 2, and perhaps also will be back with a bigger role in Metroid Prime 3. ZSS is a character which still has a future, Sheik was pretty much of an onedayfly with her role in OoT...

Not only that but from what we've seen, Zamus moves alot like Sheik. Sure she wouldn't play completly like Sheik, but atleast very similair. Zamus has a whip, Sheik has the Chain, Zamus has a gun, Sheik throws needles, and both characters have very acrobatic kick moves...

Smash Bros is a fighting game with alot of diffrent fighters, except for the clones all no character plays like the other... Even clone characters play very diffrently from the real character, see Fox-Falco, Ganondorf-C.Falcon, Young Link-Link and Marth-Roy. Only Pichu-Pikachu and Dr.Mario-Mario play alot like the other character, but those are the most likely characters to leave anyways... Adding a character that plays alot like another isn't something for Super Smash Bros.

Also keep in mind that the character Sheik in SSBM is very overpowered, and difficult to nerfe unless they'd make her moves come out faster, which is the whole point of the character... However, if they would have to nerfe a character as Fox, Marth or Falco it wouldn't nearly be as hard, since they are more "technical"... Sheik is pretty overpowered already without much advanced techniques. If they'd had to nerfe Sheik, they would do better remaking the whole character. But instead of doing that, they made Zero Suit Samus... Atleast, that's what I think.

I still think Sheik will be gone, and why couldn't she? Give me some good reasons except she's populair in Melee, because that's only because of her high Tier placement. Dr.Mario - a character that shouldn't be in Melee in the first place - got very populair because of his placement in the Tiers aswell...

I would be happy if Sheik was gone, people would atleast play Zelda more.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
You realise that Marth wins in both populairity and importance to the characters franchise right? Japan was begging for Marth when Melee got accounced, Sheik was populair to but nearly not as high as Marth. Marth is the first main lord of Fire Emblem, he's a freaking legend in his franchise!

Sheik was only in one Zelda game and didn't actually have a that imporant role. Sure Zelda was very important to the story, but Sheik was only there to teach you songs... And besides that Impa has thought Zelda some Sheikah stuff, Sheik is a very vague character.

I still say that Zero Suit Samus will be Sheik's replacement. It's for me pretty oblivous, since they basically took the whole idea of Zero Suit Samus from Sheik... Sheik is an outdated character with no importance anymore to the Zelda franchise. Zero Suit Samus returned in Metroid Prime 2, and perhaps also will be back with a bigger role in Metroid Prime 3. ZSS is a character which still has a future, Sheik was pretty much of an onedayfly with her role in OoT...

Not only that but from what we've seen, Zamus moves alot like Sheik. Sure she wouldn't play completly like Sheik, but atleast very similair. Zamus has a whip, Sheik has the Chain, Zamus has a gun, Sheik throws needles, and both characters have very acrobatic kick moves...

Smash Bros is a fighting game with alot of diffrent fighters, except for the clones all no character plays like the other... Even clone characters play very diffrently from the real character, see Fox-Falco, Ganondorf-C.Falcon, Young Link-Link and Marth-Roy. Only Pichu-Pikachu and Dr.Mario-Mario play alot like the other character, but those are the most likely characters to leave anyways... Adding a character that plays alot like another isn't something for Super Smash Bros.

Also keep in mind that the character Sheik in SSBM is very overpowered, and difficult to nerfe unless they'd make her moves come out faster, which is the whole point of the character... However, if they would have to nerfe a character as Fox, Marth or Falco it wouldn't nearly be as hard, since they are more "technical"... Sheik is pretty overpowered already without much advanced techniques. If they'd had to nerfe Sheik, they would do better remaking the whole character. But instead of doing that, they made Zero Suit Samus... Atleast, that's what I think.

I still think Sheik will be gone, and why couldn't she? Give me some good reasons except she's populair in Melee, because that's only because of her high Tier placement. Dr.Mario - a character that shouldn't be in Melee in the first place - got very populair because of his placement in the Tiers aswell...

I would be happy if Sheik was gone, people would atleast play Zelda more.
If I had the ability to +rep you right now, I would.

Also, the only people who want Marth out of Brawl are the people who keep getting schooled by him.:p

Top Bottom