• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Mlg Ban Mk? What Will Be There Ruleset?

Asakura cR

Smash Apprentice
The first point absolutely disqualifies the second. MLG is smart people. They can do the hours of reading through tournament results and get sufficient data to make the determination on their own, but they shouldn't sacrifice one tournament just to make one determination.

Let me tell you this, SBR had two polls concerning MK for a vote in the rule set, and both times the additional votes have failed to make the required super majority for a rule set change.
They've done it in the past. They've changed the rules and settings from one event to the next in order to make things better. For Gears of War 2 they changed the starting weapon and got rid of some maps from the first event to the second. If all the passes sell out, they aren't losing anything. They aren't sacrificing anything either, they aren't perfect and it's worth testing to see how things would work out.

And even though I know SBR is pretty much the resource to go to on tournament things, that doesn't mean MLG is going to use what they have as recommended rules.

NNID
Budget_Player
An aggressive MK is more fun to watch than almost every character.
How many MKs that are good play aggressively? Better yet, when was the last time you saw an aggressive MK winning? It's the gay MKs that are good.

lets look at it this way for a second:

will MLG make more money from a plethora of MK players joining?

or from a WAVE of players coming to the event with their respective characters now that they dont have to deal with the little *******?
This.

I wanted to make a thread attempting to gather data on who has left the game due to MK, who would leave the game if MK is banned, who would return if he is banned, etc. Did not get the OK from Ankoku yet; I'm not putting a lot of work into a thread that's going to be locked and forgotten.

Bwoodboy18

Smash Cadet
This.

I wanted to make a thread attempting to gather data on who has left the game due to MK, who would leave the game if MK is banned, who would return if he is banned, etc. Did not get the OK from Ankoku yet; I'm not putting a lot of work into a thread that's going to be locked and forgotten.
Thats one way to find out how everyone feels about the whole MK dilemma.

Top Bottom