• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Brawl outsell Halo 3 ?

lengeta

Smash Ace
I love both Smash Bros. and Halo, so I'd like to give my unbiased opinion. Nah, I'd like instead to give actual figures, so then it will be completely unbiased.

Worldwide Figures
Halo: 6.43 mill.
Halo 2: 8.45 mill.
Halo 3: 6.56 mill.
360 sys: 16.48 mill.

Smash 64: 5.55 mill.
Smash Melee: 6.58 mill.
Smash Brawl: 0
Wii sys: 19.98 mill.

As you can see, Halo 3 has yet to out-sell Melee, but it's VERY close and will over time. Melee should instead be compared to Halo 2, as both are games that are phasing out. Halo 3 will most likely overtake Halo 2 over time as well. Any numbers on Brawl are just speculation. I do expect Brawl to sell astronomically, but out-selling Halo 3 is a big boast. However, the 360 has sold horribly in Japan (Japan: .56 mill, America: 10.52 mill), so Brawl already has a valuable trump-card. Plus the Wii has more systems overall out as well (360: 16.48 mill, Wii: 19.94), so it definitely has more thunder behind the engine, so to speak.

My personal prediction is that Brawl WILL outsell Halo 3 worldwide, but NOT even close in America.

lengeta

Smash Ace
I love both Smash Bros. and Halo, so I'd like to give my unbiased opinion. Nah, I'd like instead to give actual figures, so then it will be completely unbiased.

Worldwide Figures

As you can see, Halo 3 has yet to out-sell Melee, but it's VERY close and will over time. Melee should instead be compared to Halo 2, as both are games that are phasing out. Halo 3 will most likely overtake Halo 2 over time as well. Any numbers on Brawl are just speculation. I do expect Brawl to sell astronomically, but out-selling Halo 3 is a big boast. However, the 360 has sold horribly in Japan (Japan: .56 mill, America: 10.52 mill), so Brawl already has a valuable trump-card. Plus the Wii has more systems overall out as well (360: 16.48 mill, Wii: 19.94), so it definitely has more thunder behind the engine, so to speak.

My personal prediction is that Brawl WILL outsell Halo 3 worldwide, but NOT even close in America.

::EDIT::
Oh, I also don't really care much for what the number say, like many here. The masses don't define quality. They are still very interesting though.

sceptilian

Smash Apprentice
Brawl is shaping up to be a better game by far, but perhaps it might not reach the level of hype Halo had.

I just feel sad that Halo sold more because of the tremendous amount of hype rather than its gameplay value cause when you get down to it, that's what games should have.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Yes brawl will be a better game no contest with that brawl will **** halo 3 but the irony is it wont sell as much copies.

SinHarvester

Smash Rookie
Brawl is shaping up to be a better game by far, but perhaps it might not reach the level of hype Halo had.

I just feel sad that Halo sold more because of the tremendous amount of hype rather than its gameplay value cause when you get down to it, that's what games should have.
Who said Halo 3 doesn't have good gameplay?

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
exactly halo 3 is fun addictive and kicks butt, But brawl is better but wont sell as much mrchandise but it may outsell halo im having a change of heart here guys.

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
Who said Halo 3 doesn't have good gameplay?
I am saying it, you heard me? I am saying it. B/c after I successfully blown up the elephant in the air for 5 minutes straight, after watched someone has done it on youtube, I am tired of that game. Halo 3 is boring to me, why you ask? UMmm, maybe b/c I have played Halo 2? And thinking of doing the same things over and over once again, does NOT suits me?

And hell, don't we have mouse and keyboard?

Brawl would DEFINITELY sell more copies thank Halo 3 at this point, do you even understand how many Wii Nintendo has sold so far? Can you even appreciate that? I don't think so.

exactly halo 3 is fun addictive and kicks butt, But brawl is better but wont sell as much mrchandise but it may outsell halo im having a change of heart here guys.
Ok sir, that is one of the stupidest thing I have ever heard of.
Merchandise? Merchandise? Merchandise as how many more Nintendo products have sold b/c of Smash Bros. Series? You mean, how many pokemon toys Nintendo has sold, or umm I don't know, pokemon games? Or it's umm Metroid, right? Yea I heard that game sold pretty well. And hell what is this Mario character people keep on telling me about? I wonder Nintendo ever made a good game out that plumber. Zelda doesn't even sounds hot. Like who would ever play Pikmin, that is so gay. But you are right, Brawl is better but probably won't sell as much merchandise as Halo 3. Those Halo hats man, they are deal breakers.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
Brawl will never climb over Halo. Don't be ridiculous.

Your blatantly biased opinions that Brawl is a better game don't mean anything. People will still buy Halo 3, and people will continue buying and playing Halo 3, your opinions on it be ****ed. Brawl doesn't have the same hype or appeal, and it's silly to think the only reason people bought Halo 3 was because of fanboyism.

Most of Brawl's fanbase are Nintendo fanboys, which makes perfect sense. It's a game that celebrates Nintendo history. Halo fanboys, people who enjoy Halo, and people who have heard of Halo far, far outnumber the people that can say the same of Brawl.
So you haven't heard of the class action lawsuit being brought against Bungie by Europeans whose copies of Halo 3 fragged their xbox?

There go PAL sales over the long run.

Come now, really research something before you speak.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
So you haven't heard of the class action lawsuit being brought against Bungie by Europeans whose copies of Halo 3 fragged their xbox?

There go PAL sales over the long run.

Come now, really research something before you speak.
HAHA dude you squashed him brilliant point.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Um, anyone who has Halo 1 and played it extensively.

Halo 1 was balanced.

Halo 2 made jumps from 1 and suffered for it.

Halo 3 made jumps from 2 and is now so far from balanced, it's not even funny.
Thank you. People never seem to notice how great the Halo 1 balance is compared to the others. That is why I only liked Halo 1 really. =\

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Almost everygame in this world has bugs and glitches i mean melee has the black hole glitch noone complains about that.
But i think brawl may sell more than halo 3

Kurosagi

Smash Apprentice
If you take into account the Halo player base in Japan is nonexistent compared to the US, Europe, etc. Brawl might have a decent chance at matching sales worldwide.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
If you take into account the Halo player base in Japan is nonexistent compared to the US, Europe, etc. Brawl might have a decent chance at matching sales worldwide.
That is true but just remember that Japan sales for halo 3 were very low but not zero, so i think brawl will sell more.

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
Would I be corerct in saying that the amount of characters and the appealing look of the game and the depth in SSE would attract many people? Not to mention that seeing Oikachu kicking Mario in teh face is just interesting to watch?

With Halo 3 you have Master Chief... And it's all very much based on the same environment. I'm sure the game is great on its own pillar.
In my opinion, SSBB has much more variation, and that to me is appealing.
I don't know how many have the same kind of thinking as I have, but it sure ain't a few.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Almost everygame in this world has bugs and glitches i mean melee has the black hole glitch noone complains about that.
But i think brawl may sell more than halo 3
I mean weapon balance. <_<

Halo 1 was less controlling spaces of specials and more about aiming and shooting the other guy. The pistol allowed for a person to have some sort of chance against someone no matter the weapon combinations and the weapon combinations in Halo 1 weren't nearly as devastating as Halo 2 (and from what I heard, weird weapon combination counters =/).

Bob Dole for Brawl

Smash Rookie
Disclaimer: I think Brawl will be better and don't want to be a ******* but...

Are you ****ing insane? Halo 3 has sold more copies in a few months than Melee has in over 6 years. I would love for Brawl beat Halo 3 but be realistic.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord

Worldwide Figures

Where the hell do you get your figures from? If you're going to present "facts" don't lie about them to match your own bias. Halo 3 had sold 8.1 million copies as of January 3rd. It overtook Melee in early/mid December. The funny thing is you started your post out by saying it was real and unbiased.

At least it's better than the other 90% of posts in this thread that say Brawl will sell better because there's more characters in it, or they don't like the aiming in Halo 1 or whatever.

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
It might outsell Halo in the LONG RUN because the Wii's been so popular.

There's more Wii systems out in the market and world than there are 360s. So naturaly, since the game contains a heavy selection of characters for children (Pikachu, Mario and etc) it will obviously sell more eventually. But it won't be THE FANS that will make it outsell more. It'll be random folk that just want to get their kid a birthday present or something.

Whilst Halo though, had more FANS buy the game than randomers.

Out of 100 people I know that have a 360, 90 OF THEM are Halo fans from either 1 or two - and even the BETA. Whilst the other 10 just simply didn't like shooting games. Halo sold like an outragous amount in one day, Brawl WILL NOT BEAT THAT. But in the long run, since there are more Wii systems, it will probably outsell it eventually...

See what I'm saying?

gringo66

Smash Journeyman

There's more Wii systems out in the market and world than there are 360s. So naturaly, since the game contains a heavy selection of characters for children (Pikachu, Mario and etc) it will obviously sell more eventually. But it won't be THE FANS that will make it outsell more. It'll be random folk that just want to get their kid a birthday present or something.

Out of 100 people I know that have a 360, 90 OF THEM are Halo fans from either 1 or two - and even the BETA. Whilst the other 10 just simply didn't like shooting games. Halo sold like an outragous amount in one day, Brawl WILL NOT BEAT THAT. But in the long run, since there are more Wii systems, it will probably outsell it eventually...

See what I'm saying?

...............no one sees what your saying...

Lecto2007

Smash Lord

See what I'm saying?
Thats what i was thinking i mean all the bundles and commercials coming out, it will be random guys buying wii bundles with the game to get the kid a birthday present or gift.

Novus

Smash Apprentice
Worldwide, yes.

Simple to understand.

Halo is only HUGE in America. FIFA outsold it in EU. It sold like crap in Japan.

Smash Bros will sell well all over the world. That in addition to the large Wii install base and the viral marketing that Smash Bros. has been able to achieve, will guarantee that SSBB sales are phenomenal.

gringo66

Smash Journeyman

See what I'm saying?
Thats what i was thinking i mean all the bundles and commercials coming out, it will be random guys buying wii bundles with the game to get the kid a birthday present or gift.
you two underestimate this game completely. ssbm has been played for just about longer then seven years. halo 2 has nothing on that. and same with halo 3. i heard that call of duty 4 put halo 3 to sleep. and for a game to come out of nowhere and do that to the " biggest game when it comes to fans" according to u guys, is very sad. there is no game that took out ssbm when it comes to popularity and when it comes to being fun and when it comes to being on top of the list. it seems like u guys dont have any faith in this game.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Does this thread still exist?
The arguments are just repeated over, and over, I thought some of you might find it boring to fight with, and against the same argument the entire time.
Still, I'll repeat my argument from a while back, Both will sell better in different areas, sorry to say Halo fans, but seriously, no one out of the US really cares much about Halo3. This is the advantage that Nintendo holds over Microsoft. Of course Halo 3 sold amazingly in the US, and some others, and it is yet to be decided if Brawl can beat them there. But seriously, why ask the question, "Is Brawl gonna outsell Halo3?". Who cares but the hardcore gamers, who feel like it is their duty to represent their game. Yet it really doesn't matter, they're both gonna be good games (well we can predict about Brawl) and what else matters, except to the Developers. Can you really measure a game in how much it sells? I believe we all know the answer, and I ask that please nobody try to be smart and say "yes". Truly I'm not gonna revisit this thread anymore, I'm not going to fight out every other argument, I'm just going to give you my honest opinion and just hope it's understood.

-Brawler 1432

=Samus-Aran=

Smash Journeyman
More people have Wiis. Characters not even from Nintendo are in this game. I think it will sell out Halo 3.

Sieged Eagle, that sig..is ownage. :laugh:

=S-A=

cdude1034

Smash Cadet
Where the hell do you get your figures from? If you're going to present "facts" don't lie about them to match your own bias. Halo 3 had sold 8.1 million copies as of January 3rd. It overtook Melee in early/mid December. The funny thing is you started your post out by saying it was real and unbiased.

At least it's better than the other 90% of posts in this thread that say Brawl will sell better because there's more characters in it, or they don't like the aiming in Halo 1 or whatever.
8.1 million = "Sold to retailers"

We've already been through this.

Link

Top Bottom