• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Brawl get Delayed Again?

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
The Delay of brawl twice has swept outrage to the Smashers accross the world and leaves people just wondering when exactly its going to be released. Now the official release date is March 9th I dunno even know the release date for me in europe but hey.
And i know some people are saying it wont its too close to the japanese release date but its already been delayed twice and noone thought that was going to happen, i mean i thought once is enough.
What if Brawl Got Delayed a third time, Wouldn't that just make your blood boil and feel like smashing a brick through Sakurai's office Window??

What do you think?

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
i doubt it'll be delayed again, this is the 3rd time and from the looks of the site, its almost done. they probably found a bug in the demo, or something.

SomeguyDom

Smash Cadet
The Delay of brawl twice has swept outrage to the Smashers accross the world and leaves people just wondering when exactly its going to be released. Now the official release date is March 9th I dunno even know the release date for me in europe but hey.
And i know some people are saying it wont its too close to the japanese release date but its already been delayed twice and noone thought that was going to happen, i mean i thought once is enough.
What if Brawl Got Delayed a third time, Wouldn't that just make your blood boil and feel like smashing a brick through Sakurai's office Window??

What do you think?
Id get pretty annoyed...and it would excite people less,depending on how long the third delay would be...

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
I hope thats the case but the dissapointment from another delay would just rip my insides apart, i wouldnt be able to stand it.

ShadeofDante

Smash Cadet
This is NoA's fault for our lengthy delay this time. It's either some quick bugfix, they have to work on our online network more to prepare for Brawl, or the fact that NoA wants Brawl's epic sales to be in Q2 of 2008.

The game is nearly out in Japan, if the game is delayed once more it has NOTHING to do with Sakurai. (Furthermore, I kinda doubt Sakurai had anything to do with this delay really...)

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
They won't delay it again. They already made commercials, and they can't keep on making new ones all the time. Also, if the game isn't ready even with a seven day-delay, Sakurai would ask for more time before this recent delay.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
They won't delay it again. They already made commercials, and they can't keep on making new ones all the time. Also, if the game isn't ready even with a seven day-delay, Sakurai would ask for more time before this recent delay.
So as if there wasn't commercials before the second delay

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
i dont think it will get delayed because the japan release date is coming up really soon
Niether is that an excuse, they dont care how close the release date is. So your telling me that if they found another bug they would just say "oh well the japan release date is almost here lets just leave it" I dont think so.

Chari

Smash Apprentice
I think that it won't be delayed again. After 2 delays, I think that they will have everything ready to go.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Thats what i want everything should have been good and ready before this date, so it should be a finished product by now

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
So as if there wasn't commercials before the second delay
Well, yes, there were commercials before the delay, but since it was delayed a week they had to make a couple of new ones to prevent airing the same commercials for another week. What I meant is that they cannot continue delaying the game, it will seem pretty dumb having 20 different commercials in the end.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I would get pissed, because the reason for both delays is disc printing issues not finishing up the game.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Thats what i want everything should have been good and ready before this date, so it should be a finished product by now
It's been done. The problem is that Sakurai waited too long and underestimated printing time.....

off-topic: ToS rocked a lot, but ToA kicked serious butt too. I dunno if I could choose. ToS2 will probably pwn both of them, so...

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I can't trust them to release the game on March 9th, because I trusted them to release it on February 10th because the delay seemed reasonable and fairly fair. Now with this delay, I can't trust them to release it on March 9th any more.

The delay is much longer than the Japanese delay, which fills me with indignation.

The two dates they have given before and failed to deliver on were precise dates, not target dates (Dec 07 for instance)

I seethe at Nintendo and their lack of ability to get a game out on time. TP got delayed so much, but it didn't exactly wipe the floor with OOT. We know almost for a certianty this is due to a shortage of materials part on Nintendo's part, which is very lame indeed. Can't get enough Wiis out, can't get enough SSBB copies out?

Also, looks like someone has appropriated my sig for themselves, har.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Yeah...before you know it, we'll have it in our hands.
Thats would be the day of glory lol, Thats what where all waiting for updates and commercials are good but its nothing like playing it yourself.
Well, yes, there were commercials before the delay, but since it was delayed a week they had to make a couple of new ones to prevent airing the same commercials for another week. What I meant is that they cannot continue delaying the game, it will seem pretty dumb having 20 different commercials in the end.
Thats true man with that statement i must say i agree with you.

Chari

Smash Apprentice
Thats would be the day of glory lol, Thats what where all waiting for updates and commercials are good but its nothing like playing it yourself.

Oh heck yeah! Once I see commericals and stuff, I'll be VERY happy.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
But the heartache of anotehr delay, i mean my trust and faith in nintendo has collapse seriously and for another delay, well that would just be the punchline for me that would be the breaking point.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
I can't trust them to release the game on March 9th, because I trusted them to release it on February 10th because the delay seemed reasonable and fairly fair. Now with this delay, I can't trust them to release it on March 9th any more.

The delay is much longer than the Japanese delay, which fills me with indignation.

The two dates they have given before and failed to deliver on were precise dates, not target dates (Dec 07 for instance)

I seethe at Nintendo and their lack of ability to get a game out on time. TP got delayed so much, but it didn't exactly wipe the floor with OOT. We know almost for a certianty this is due to a shortage of materials part on Nintendo's part, which is very lame indeed. Can't get enough Wiis out, can't get enough SSBB copies out?

Also, looks like someone has appropriated my sig for themselves, har.
Calm down there hoss. Let us not think that Nintendo is alone in this. And may I ask, after many delays and agonizing wait, which game was better:

Halo 2 (Unbalanced gameplay, texture issues, pop-up)
TP (Polished, if a little too easy)

I have yet to see a delayed Nintendo product that wasn't at least polished to a high shine. This wasn't Sakurai's fault, it was ours. They didn't see this demand coming. So unless you would have rather waited while other people played, this isn't a bad thing.

Just my thoughts.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Calm down there hoss. Let us not think that Nintendo is alone in this. And may I ask, after many delays and agonizing wait, which game was better:

I have yet to see a delayed Nintendo product that wasn't at least polished to a high shine. This wasn't Sakurai's fault, it was ours. They didn't see this demand coming. So unless you would have rather waited while other people played, this isn't a bad thing.

Just my thoughts.
it is there fault to a Percentage how can you think they would not see this demand, how can they release a game and expect it not to do good? They would have anticipated this when in production i mean nintendo's all stars are in it plus 3rd party characters who wouldnt want the game?? i mean 7 years and we still haven't got a sequel i mean that 7 years is along enough wait as it is.

NessPaulaJeffPoo

Smash Cadet
it is there fault to a Percentage how can you think they would not see this demand, how can they release a game and expect it not to do good? They would have anticipated this when in production i mean nintendo's all stars are in it plus 3rd party characters who wouldnt want the game?? i mean 7 years and we still haven't got a sequel i mean that 7 years is along enough wait as it is.

agreed. They have applied so much hype to the game, that it was partly their fault to have not seen this coming.

I don't think we can blame ourselves for pushing the game back, just because of our demand for it. I honestly think if they released it on Feb. 10 as planned that even though stores would run out, that people who really wanted the game had reserved their copy anyway. Their sales would be okay, but they would have to wait longer than one week to see how they would have ultimatley done.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I can just imagine it,

going into your local gamestop, really excited about buying the game. Then you see a notice and it say's:

We are sorry to inform you that brawl has once again been delayed. The delay occured when Sakurai locked himself in a room with every copy of brawl and began screaming "You'll never have them" and began to laugh evily.

However please enjoy this complimentory game to say sorry for this delay

You're absoluty shocked and get angry/moan/start crying. But then a girl comes up to you and say's "Don't worry, you can have the complimentory game to help pass the time"

You smile a little, and become pretty excited/interested in what the game is. She then passes you a copy of "Telitubbies in wonderland"(made up name) for the ds with a note on the front which says "Have fun!, from sakurai"

imabeast78

Smash Apprentice
It might but I will think positivly for at least a week or two. Of course by then Japan shall have the game and the delay would only be for everyone else. Do I think that they would pull something like that? No, that would be very strange. There would have to be something drastically wrong with the different versions of the games or some kind of crazy shortage even after the extra time alloted to fix the current one. Like many others have said before it was too close to the past launch date for the game itself not to be in completion. The theory that many had that the earlier delay was due to a marketing move must of been false as well. It was obviously something else. I know it's hard to be patience when you think to yourself wait I should of been playing this game before Christmas. I guess release dates are really unofficial until the game itself in on the store shelf and ready for purchase. I'm a rather patient person and busy at that so to me I'm sure the time will fly by. One day I will be like hey wait a second today is March 9th. Oh sweet and there were no delays. Checks my email. Your package has shipped and is enroute. Then I'm sure there will be people all over the my country shouting in excitment that they finally have their game. Yes a true fairy tale ending. THE END....??

Kittah4

Smash Ace

Just my thoughts.
I would argue that TP didn't seem too polished because it felt like something was missing from it (what happened to the magic meter seen in early screens?). This kind of goes for Galaxy too (where are all the coins? And the final powerup can be called "underused" to put it nicely) For recent Nintendo efforts, it seems like they get to a point and then just stop. For TP that was the number of dunegeons, for Galaxy the number of stars. For Brawl I hope this is not the case. But enough with my tangent.

As far as dealing with the shortage issues, wouldn't you rather that SOME people (say, the ones with reserves) got to play Brawl while people that didn't had to wait for more shipments instead of NOBODY getting to play? I'll have had my Brawl reserved for 7 months, more than half a year, before I can turn it in. It'll frustrate me to know that while I probably COULD play it, they're going to sit there and churn out more copies until they can resonably meet the demand; which in their case usually means a large safety buffer of copies.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Naw, I doubt it. The reasoning that's been floating around seems pretty accurate: about the whole demand>supply thing. So, if they have an extra week to make more discs, then they don't need any more time.

And for us... well, I doubt they need more time to translate/make discs.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
agreed. They have applied so much hype to the game, that it was partly their fault to have not seen this coming.

I don't think we can blame ourselves for pushing the game back, just because of our demand for it. I honestly think if they released it on Feb. 10 as planned that even though stores would run out, that people who really wanted the game had reserved their copy anyway. Their sales would be okay, but they would have to wait longer than one week to see how they would have ultimatley done.
exactly i mean if we want the game out on time i dont think we should say "oh no only a few people should pre-order it or it will get delayed" if so i dare you next time a big game is about to be released, not to have any feelings or even want the game so it can be released on time. Exactly nobody wants to do that, these delays are just a result of poor planning.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Naw, I doubt it. The reasoning that's been floating around seems pretty accurate: about the whole demand>supply thing. So, if they have an extra week to make more discs, then they don't need any more time.

And for us... well, I doubt they need more time to translate/make discs.
Thats seems to be the main reson people are thinking another delay is out of reach but theres always a possibilty.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
It's already been reviewed by Famitsu. I can't see them reviewing a game that isn't finished. So if it's finished, there's no reason why it should be delayed again.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Yh i guess the game is finally completed just a little touching up for them to do and a few Imports to other places and then it should be all set and ready, Or else? But it was reviewed before sheik was put in right? which makes the game more up to date than the review.

lotor611

Smash Journeyman
here is how i think the delay schedule will go:
-SSBB gets pushed back from march 9 to "Summer '08"
-SSBB gets pushed back to "Quarter 4 '08"
-SSBB gets released a week before christmas.....................unless it gets delayed again...

Top Bottom