• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Brawl get Delayed Again?

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
here is how i think the delay schedule will go:
-SSBB gets pushed back from march 9 to "Summer '08"
-SSBB gets pushed back to "Quarter 4 '08"
-SSBB gets released a week before christmas.....................unless it gets delayed again...
That would be terrible and all the hype would just drown and flood out of the game, i hope that never happens.

Defiance

Smash Apprentice
Don't all the game companies do this? I always thought it was a marketing scheme. They'll introduce their game and give a release date so everyone gets excited and reads into the game. The release date is ACTUALLY many months away from the date they initially gave, so they keep announcing small "delays". The people who are already interested will stay interested, but those who see the "new" release dates will investigate the game that is supposedly coming out soon. It happened with Metroid Prime, Mario Galaxy, and just above every other highly acclaimed, greatly anticipated game out there. I wouldn't be surprised if it got delayed again...

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Don't all the game companies do this? I always thought it was a marketing scheme. They'll introduce their game and give a release date so everyone gets excited and reads into the game. The release date is ACTUALLY many months away from the date they initially gave, so they keep announcing small "delays". The people who are already interested will stay interested, but those who see the "new" release dates will investigate the game that is supposedly coming out soon. It happened with Metroid Prime, Mario Galaxy, and just above every other highly acclaimed, greatly anticipated game out there. I wouldn't be surprised if it got delayed again...
Dude thats what i used to think that it was to get everybody into the game and eventually boost sales when it does come out and then they give you some corny excuse.

AdeptLoki

Smash Rookie
I can't see it being delayed a third time; would be way too extreme and Nintendo would know how much of a backlash they would get

Super Drybones

Smash Ace
Nintendo: In order to create a more fair world we will delay the america's release until australia's
But not japan

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
For you people who say that NoA just "didn't see this coming" in reference to the demand.....how do you say that? If the people in NoA HQ honestly didn't see this high a demand coming, then they need some new people on top, because that's just idiocy.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
For you people who say that NoA just "didn't see this coming" in reference to the demand.....how do you say that? If the people in NoA HQ honestly didn't see this high a demand coming, then they need some new people on top, because that's just idiocy.
I agree with you full on 100% if you see a post i had a couple of moments ago it explained all of this how can they make a game everyones been waiting for 7 years for and say we didnt see it coming, its got nintendo all stars in plus 3rd party guys.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
The launch promise was somebody pulling an empty Wii release promise. I don't count it.

Think about it... Japan is only being push back a week. Nintendo won't push such a high-profile game outside of their fiscal year (March 31st), irregardless of any more delays, Americans will be playing Brawl by the end of March.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Okay, let me explain here on how Japan release =/= English release:

-Text Translation

-Possible Gameplay changes

-English Voice Acting

-ESRB rating changes

I only list 4 but all that would take a month or more to implement especially if the content gap is extremely wide between the languages.

So, even after Brawl is released in Japan, IT'S STILL POSSIBLE to get another English version delay.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Yh i guess the game is finally completed just a little touching up for them to do and a few Imports to other places and then it should be all set and ready, Or else? But it was reviewed before sheik was put in right? which makes the game more up to date than the review.
It was reviewed before Sheik was shown on the website, that doesn't mean that she wasn't in it. Famitsu probably reviewed the complete version of the game. They just didn't mention Sheik or any of the other character to avoid spoilers. I've never heard of anyone giving a review to an incomplete game.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
But they were working on said traslation and localization BEFORE this delay was announced. Proof? Look no further than the voice acting already in the E4All demo, the English in the videos, etc.. It said on the site "due to production" so the largest problem is in fact, PRODUCTION (I define production as the physical production of the copies of Brawl). If the production issues get solved, there won't be any more delays.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
The game is certainly gonna be much much larger than what we seen in the English and E4All demos. Unless they were not slacking on such localization, we can still expect another possible English delay.

The reason why we got to see more content of the game in Japanese is most likely because they hold 1000x more gaming conventions than America does. I'm sad...

I need to get my passport.

Veysey

Smash Cadet
Simple answer: If Nintendo thinks they can milk more money out of it through another delay - it will likely be delayed. If they're ready to cash in, then it won't.

On a side note, does anyone know when Nintendos Fiscal year ends? Could be a hint of things to come.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
it will not IMO if it does I am going to burn down NOA and shout you must recover

JK don't wont the FBI knocking at my doors :D

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Simple answer: If Nintendo of America thinks they can milk more money out of it through another delay - it will likely be delayed. If they're ready to cash in, then it won't.

On a side note, does anyone know when Nintendos Fiscal year ends? Could be a hint of things to come.

Fix't

It's been discussed that it's very unlikely to be Sakurai's fault for the delay and rather NoA trying to boost Pre-order sales to build up further hype. Seriously, are they trying to make the hype comparable to Halo 2/3's?

With that...after some thought, they may delay the game again if they don't get what they expect. We're under NoA's fist right now...

/paranoid

Veysey

Smash Cadet
Fix't

It's been discussed that it's very unlikely to be Sakurai's fault for the delay and rather NoA trying to boost Pre-order sales to build up further hype. Seriously, are they trying to make the hype comparable to Halo 2/3's?

With that...after some thought, they may delay the game again if they don't get what they expect. We're under NoA's fist right now...

/paranoid
Its funny, because in the last 5 or so years, I've noticed that while the Japanese appear to be treated the same as they always have (from Nintendo), NoA appears to be trying harder and harder to milk the cash cow... As a long time Nintendo supporter, I've been feeling less and less valued as a Nintendo customer.

This is really odd considering that 10 years ago, Nintendo fans had great pride because of how well they were treated... the Japanese still SEEM to be getting that (can't say for sure since I'm not Japanese lol) while we are more a statistic than a customer...

I'm done my little rant..

Kittah4

Smash Ace
What I hate about the delay is the right now, and the uncertianty. I loved December 3rd. Though I ranted over the horrible Dojo update, we were finally there, the day it should have been released, and then we left it behind like a bad habit, and all was left was the final march. And now thats gone. We're back behind the release date it should have been. It's very disheartening, isn't it? To think it would happen again is terrible.

I can't even be sure it will release in japan on the 31st, but I sure as heck hope so.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Its terrible people shouldnt be able to do this so many times i mean a whole nation waiting and it gets pushed back twice.

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
Well If they Delay it ONE MORE TIME the following will happen: People Committing suicide leaving a note saying that they could probably play brawl in heaven...
No but seriously. I doubt they would delay North america Again if they decided to delay another time. Since we went a month back and japan went a week back, they might as well just delay japan and leave us where we already were. Or that's what i think they'd do. If they delay it again, i think it would be a bad move, A VERY BAD MOVE. but what can we do about it :|

TwistedLullaby89

Smash Cadet
Fix't

/paranoid
...This third delay made me think. The US is a lot different than Japan, we're a capitalist society. NoA, just like any other business, is going to do what they feel is going to make them the most money. If they feel like delaying it all the way until December '08 will increase their profits, they'll do it. It's rateher unwise to expect fan service from them if it cuts into their profits.

tl;dr: They're going to release it when it works for them, not us.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Nintendo o' A does seem to have an obsession with March, often it's the first month they'll consider releasing big games like pokemon. I guess I shouldn't be surprised they kicked the date over to march.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Simple answer: If Nintendo thinks they can milk more money out of it through another delay - it will likely be delayed. If they're ready to cash in, then it won't.

March 31st, which is why I'm certain we'll be playing it by the end of March.

Veysey

Smash Cadet
March 31st, which is why I'm certain we'll be playing it by the end of March.
Thanks

There you have it folks. They are going to want BIG sales for the month of March. Closing their books at month end means they want to look as good as possible. If this is, in fact, the closing of their accounting cycle then I, too, agree that we will have Brawl early March.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
brawl was originally a launch title, then slated for December 3rd, 2007, then slated for Febuary 10th, 2008, and now is slated for March 9th, 2008. Something tells me Nintendo is god d*** overly biased for their little island. Nintendo isn't going to make as much money for a game sold in March compared to Febuary, and I hope they suffer saleswise. I'm gonna say we'll play Brawl sometime in April, due to Nintendo focusing too much on Japan. And yes, I hope Brawl fails sale-wise in the Americas after Nintendo screwed us over, in all honesty. What goes around comes around, b****es!

Seriously though, if we don't get the game before April 15th expect it to come out in August. And that is NOT a joke. Remember, Nintendo mainly cares about the Japanese fanbasse, and our money, and that is when they get the most of both. And they even block our Wii-modding, those mother f***ers!

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Wow, with an attitude like yours, you don't deserve Brawl in any language because of your greedy self.

What happened? Someone urinate in your cereal this morning? Your GF was seen sleeping with your dad? What is it?

Because you're too stupid to realize that it's Nintendo OF AMERICA'S fault that the game is being released in March 9th. You want Brawl to suffer in sales in America? Well guess what, if NoA acknowledges that if it were to happen, they'll delay the next Smash game even further! *******...IT'S NOT SAKURAI OR JAPAN NINTENDO'S FAULT.

Such selfish behavior...I hope you're emo because you're late for your daily cutting.

Patience comes a long ways.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Johnknight1
brawl was originally a launch title, then slated for December 3rd, 2007, then slated for Febuary 10th, 2008, and now is slated for March 9th, 2008.
The first official release date announced was December 3rd.

Johnknight1
Something tells me Nintendo is god d*** overly biased for their little island.
Biased about what?

Johnknight1
Nintendo isn't going to make as much money for a game sold in March compared to Febuary, and I hope they suffer saleswise.
People who have been waiting this long aren't going to stop wanting the game in a month.

Johnknight1
Seriously though, if we don't get the game before April 15th expect it to come out in August. And that is NOT a joke. Remember, Nintendo mainly cares about the Japanese fanbasse, and our money, and that is when they get the most of both. And they even block our Wii-modding, those mother f***ers!
If you think that Nintendo is that bad, then why buy their products?

Wyvernkni

Smash Cadet
Anythings possible. Nintendo has a habit of delaying things until November/December. I don't like thinking about it, but don't get your hopes up. They've already proved their release dates are unreliable. And that's not just for smash.

Top Bottom