• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Plomid

Smash Ace
no that would be a super cool thing you know swinging the bat and all and there has also been annouced that there will be a golf game at the relese

I think he's talking about the quest to retrieve the Artifacts. Or maybe he means to scan everything in his logbook and complete the game 100%. To do that, you have to have your scan visor on every time you enter a new room. Some creatures, like the Ice-Shriekbat, you can only scan once, and then they disappear forever. So I always put my scan visor on in any new room I go, and I scan everything, even if its not recorded intot the logbook, because I don't know if it will or not, so I scan it anyways.

I think that that would be cool if it were a charger. But why would it need a charger? It's a home system. Maybe its for linking up to Wi-Fi, so that you don't need your computer or USB connector for it, you just turn the system on and its automatically hooked up, due to the wirelass signals that like the DS has. I don't know, but that would be cool too.

Edit: Nevermind Mic 128, I see what your saying now. That'd be freakin awesome, because then there'd be no wires to plug the Rev into the TV and all that other crap. It could just run off of the cradle, and that would be the only cord you need, to charge the cradle. Sweet.

Zink

Smash Champion
Now that you mentioned it, Nin Power was all "woot this is teh best baseball evar!!1!" then after one issue they never mentioned it again, and I mean NEVER. Playing it on the rev would rock, but delaying it for more than a year is not. They must have come up with the whole controller idea right about then. So they decided they didn't want to reiterate it for the Rev and just pushed it back.
Interesting though, they had finished looking screenshots of the Japanese version and lists of minigames and such. It was even a cover story.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
OMFG, stupid retailers jumping the gun, as usual.

D4mnit, I'm getting sick of that. Those retailers make up release dates and don't even check up on them.

In November last year, a couple months after Nintendo's announcement, retailers were STILL allowing to pre-order Twilight Princess, saying that it was coming out in late November. What the crap?

It's just all a bunch of hooey.

Oh, and I spit at whoever up there said that Metroid Prime was a 'halo copy' and that it sucked, because that game was AMAZING. You ask the critics, you ask the fans, and you'll hear the same thing--Retro took the Metroid series and did what sequels should strive to do: revolutionize the gameplayl, but keep the elements that people love.

I personally loved Metroid Prime a lot more than Super Metroid (which was also an amazing game, mind you). Metroid Prime simply did so many things beautifully.

And I'm looking forward to how the Revolution will make the series even better.
Nintendo isn't just about making simple games. Nintendo has been about pioneering the industry, and there's a great number of things Nintendo did before anyone else, and the effects have echoed since.

Third party support is key as far as winning money, and you're right about casual gamers wanting a bigger variety.

But what if the rev. costs $200, has more accessible games that are different and fun, and the PS3 costs $500?

Roughly 70-80 percent of the money being made in the industry is the casual gamers. Nintendo has the right idea with their blue ocean strategy, and they're also fighting to keep the industry fresh and alive. I'm looking forward to seeing just how well they do. If they play their cards right at launch, can make simple accessible games for casual players but deep games for the hard-core players, offering everyone new experience, AND they can get a solid online system going (for free, nonetheless), I think they'll be in a good position.

But in the end, it's all about the consumer as far as money goes.
But no amount of money can stop a revolution.
People may think that Nintendo is going downhill, but they're not. They're actually doing better financially than they were in the N64 era, so far as I know. Matter of fact, Microsoft has lost a lot of mone on the XBox, trusting that the XBox 360 will rake in their dough later on.

A year from now, we'll be able to say which system had the best launch, and I have a good feeling that the 360 will be in 3rd so far as that is concerned. They DO have a wick online system for them, though, and Sony and Nintendo both need to step up to the plate and try and match it, at least.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
some where i heard like 14.99 for renting or something to that effect...thats a bit too much when i can go to my video store and rent it for 4.50 and keep it a week.

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Destiny Smasher said:
Oh, and I spit at whoever up there said that Metroid Prime was a 'halo copy' and that it sucked, because that game was AMAZING. You ask the critics, you ask the fans, and you'll hear the same thing--Retro took the Metroid series and did what sequels should strive to do: revolutionize the game play, but keep the elements that people love.

I personally loved Metroid Prime a lot more than Super Metroid (which was also an amazing game, mind you). Metroid Prime simply did so many things beautifully.
I never said the Metroid Prime sucked, or was ruined, was made "ugly," or anything like that. I said "Nintendo took it away," and what I meant by that is Nintendo "sold the series out" by turning it into "another" 3D FPS (hoo boy, I know I'm gonna get a lot of flames for that "another" crack). Okay, I'll admit it a fit of *ahem* "passion" I called Prime a Halo clone but opinion or truth, you can't blindly ignore Nintendo's move(s) to "mature-ize" some of it's series so that they become appealing to more "mature" audiences (and seriously, what a more "mature player" luring genre than a FPS, hm?) I'm not, and I never did, say that the series "selling out" this was a bad thing, but I am asking: why else turn the Metroid series into a FPS, other than to lure a more mature crowd to the GC? Sure, you can argue they made the change for innovation's sake, but why only stick to FPS Metroid games then? Will we ever see a new sidesrolling Metroid or did Nintendo forever change the series simply to appease the "mature" audience.

I won't lie, this does sound like a whiny post, and here at Smsahboards need to keep personal (read: fanboysih) opinions to a minimum but seriously, Nintnedo's new philosophy (the whole Reggie/"kick ***" thing) just rattles me. I never viewed Nintendo as a company that needs to "kick ***," or a company that needs to appease the masses, only as a company that does what it does, make fun games, not matter how outrageous or what the masses may thing (remember the outcry "Wind Waker" got just for it's looks? The gameplay still rocked).

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Nintendo are still going to be making side-scrolling Metroid, just as they are still using the original style of Zelda, just that it's only on handhelds, seeing as they can do so much better on consoles. Metroid is majorly diferent to Halo, as Halo is a shooter, while Prime is a "First person adventure" meaning it's more about exploring and pouzzle solving then just shooting anything that moves.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
By scan quest I was reffering to the search for the artifacts near the end of the game.

Drab, I have X-Ray vision. Just so you know.

Destiny Smasher said:
Third party support is key as far as winning money, and you're right about casual gamers wanting a bigger variety.
Call me crazy but I think everyone wants a bigger variety, not just casual gamers. If anything casual gamers could care less about variety.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Nope, it's highly likely it'll be NTSC/PAL gain.

Chill said:
By scan quest I was reffering to the search for the artifacts near the end of the game.
I didn't like Metroid 2 as much with all the stupid "Find-the-keys" junk.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
im really looking forward to the old games we can play. does anyone think we will get games never released in America like the Sin and Punishment game for N64? i heard that was awesome.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If it was regionfree, Nintendo would make a big deal about it. It would mean a much faster release period between regions. If it was region free, they wouldn't not mention it.

Deo_Smash

Smash Apprentice
I have a comment on the whole Metriod thing.

Hasn't metriod been a bit of a mature game, even for Nintendo? I the beginning of Super Metriod, you saw dead people. I know thats not a big deal now, but nintendo doen't usually put dead people in thier games.
And metriod needed to grow-up. Not in a maturity way but in a gaming way, from 2d to 3d. It needed to happen and Metriod Prime couldn't do it any better. Mario and Zelda games grew up, so why not metriod. Plus, seeing a 3-d samus without the helm has been the greatest reward from a metriod game yet. She was so awsome, you could see the relentless warrior and power of her caring for others all in just her face at the end of Metriod Prime. It gave me chills. Er, sorry about that, but it was so cool!
But that was the kind of maturity the Metriod series needed and thats what it got. And having it in FPS was the best way to play a 3d metriod, to see the world how samus sees it. If Super Metriod was to made in 3d, wouldn't you have it in FPS? Would it be better anyother way? I love the entire Metriod series (though I havn't played the return of Samus for GB nor Zero Mission) and it will most likely continue to strive in its current format. 2d side scrollers for handhelds and 3d games done in FPS on consoles, with the exception of Hunters for DS.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Handhelds are typically the only videogame things that are region-free. I wouldn't even start to hope the Revolution will be.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
The Great Marth said:
i see. i was thinking since the PS3 has it and 360 wont need it(japanese dont buy xbox).....the revo would do well if it had it.
I wasn't aware that the Japanese don't buy Xbox merchandise. There's also Europe and Australia, too. They're different regions than the U.S. and often have to wait a long time for games to be released. You don't need a region-free system, anyways. The 360 already has a few region-free games, such as DOA4, but the system itself isn't region-free.

Deo_Smash

Smash Apprentice
Xbox has failed twice so far in Japan at this point. This may change when FFXII appears on the 360. But this may not be enough to keep Japan coming back for more on their Xbox. How steep is the Xbox Live service anyways? What I don't like is a continuous burn in my wallet and thats one thing I don't like about Live.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
The original Xbox didn't do very well in Japan, but so far the 360 is said to be off to a better start. Launch day in Japan was slow, with around 40% off 360s being sold. Once DOA4 and eM eNCHANT arM hit though sales boosted. I don't see how you can say that a system is failing in a country 2 months after it launches. Xbox Live is $50 for a year, which is worth it for all the awesome content and features you get. The 360 also comes with a month free. We just recently went over the price for online in this topic, too, so don't start that up again.

Deo_Smash

Smash Apprentice
Didn't mean to or had any intention to start an argument over that, sorry. But I figured with that the xbox hadn't done well so far because lack of game sales. Seeing Nintendo own 6 or 7 of the top ten slots is quite an accomplishments in japan. Where the 360 games are around the 20's, from what I've read.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
While Microsoft's second console may not have failed in Japan, the launch was at best lackluster. Only 40% of consoles being sold on opening day is embarassing. You have stores in Japan with forty-fifty units sitting on the shelves, waiting for a home. On the flip side, retailers in the US would have sold their souls for even half that many units on launch day, and hundred and thousands who preordered didn't even get their orders fulfilled. I can't imagine having preordered a system, anticipating its arrival for months, and then waiting outside in the cold until midnight only to realize that you wouldn't be getting your system due to severe shortages.

So the X360 ends up selling less than the original Xbox during the holiday launch... it may not be a complete failure, but I don't think I'd call it a smashing success, either.

Zink

Smash Champion
^Totally. There's a guy at my school who was refused a 360, and he was really really mad. He went to like 3 different stores and the same story everywhere. In fact, I'm amazed at only 40% in Japan. Must be embarassing for Microsoft. I'd like to see some numbers on Japan vs America, who has more Halo users, who has more X-Live users. Microsoft doesn't have much of a foothold in Japan now.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Zink said:
Microsoft doesn't have much of a foothold in Japan now.
They never did.

The 360 selling less than the original Xbox did during holiday season has nothing to do with nobody wanting it, it was, and still is, in high demand. Microsoft just couldn't put enough of the things out, they could've sold so much more. Microsoft just opened a third manufacturing warehouse as well, by the middle of March you should be able to walk into any electronics store and pick up a 360. The shortage looked to be caused by the GDDR3 Memory Chip, the chip is required to run at 700-megahertz and there were a lot of faulty chips.

Nintendo Revolution topic ftl.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Amazing how the console topics always become console debates.... >.>

One thing i don't get, why didn't they have these extra wharehouses earlier? Surely they know that on launch, almost everyone wants one, so rather capatalise on that, people have a chance to play with their friends, see what they like, but also see what they don't like.

Zink

Smash Champion
I know a guy who said Microsoft wanted to restrict the flow of 360s a little, to create a bit more demand and cause people to rush into buying one, but they underestimated the demand in US and overestimated in Japan. I might be able to go with that, but it doesn't seem like quite enough to me.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
Cashed said:
The 360 selling less than the original Xbox did during holiday season has nothing to do with nobody wanting it, it was, and still is, in high demand. Microsoft just couldn't put enough of the things out, they could've sold so much more.
I never said that nobody wanted it. I just said that the launch was far short of spectacular. If the Xbox 360 sold less than the original Xbox during the holiday season, that's embarrasing. Saying "well Microsoft couldn't get enough out" is just an excuse, and shows that Microsoft failed. Regardless of the reason, they sold fewer, and it's embarrasing.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
If only 40% of the systems were sold then it's true that the supply was there but the demand wasn't. In Japan the game to system ratio was less than 1 to each system. It would have been better for those units to have been directed towards the US.

Anyone think Nintendo will try a worldwide launch? Awhile ago I would have said no but it doesn't seem like any games will be ready until Fall when it's time for the US release. They may launch in a few territories then. Unless they plan on launching with like 2 games in Japan. Which could happen seeing as how Mario has supposedly been in development for years. If Nintendo had a Mario game ready by Summer that's all it would take for a sucessful launch in Japan.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
The only embarassing thing about the 360 launch in my opinion would be selling around 40% of their systems in Japan. I don't see how selling out in the U.S., Canada and Europe is embarassing.

After seeing how Microsoft has had problems with supply and demand (In the U.S., Canada and Europe atleast) after their worldwide launch, I don't see Sony or Nintendo trying a world wide launch with the PS3 or Revolution. Sony especially since their system will be sporting the Cell and Blu-Ray.

Mic_128 said:
Amazing how the console topics always become console debates.... >.>
Indeed. It's always going to happen here though. We're a site about a Nintendo game, so we'll bring in more Nintendo fanboys than anything. The site only occasionally gets people like Chill and myself who prefer other systems.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
actually, I might not have gone nintendo if i wasn't a cheap spender. When I bought a cube, it was the cheapest thing on the market by far. I liked what I played, so I'm sticking nintendo, In addtion to the fact the the Rev's still going to be the cheapest system.

there are many games i love on other systems, its just that if I have a nintendo console I'll focus more on Nintendo games.

Sometimes I like games on other systems that aren't even very popular. I loved Mech Assault Live for the Xbox, and I 'd never even heard of it until me an my friend were looking for something new at blockbuster. I'd heard of the mech series, just not that particular game. Its one of the reasons I',m so psyched for the MA coming on the DS.

Zink

Smash Champion
I'm kind of like that too. Once I was at Toys'R'Us and I saw Megaman Zero 2, so I just randomly bought it. It was fun.
Cashed what I didn't like was having them sell 40% in one region and not have enough in the rest- that sounds like bad planning.

Top Bottom