• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii System Menu 4.0 Update - Safe Upgrade Guide Is Up

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
Makes it so you can change Wii settings, allows regionless Wii stuff, and skips the update check, so with cIOScorp it creates the worlds best backup loader period. (Not exactly supposed to be saying this here).
Preloader does all those things and it works with 4.0. Just move to using Preloader.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Preloader does all those things and it works with 4.0. Just move to using Preloader.
But from a few things I have heard that has small issues with the system menu because when you reboot you don't actual reboot to the system menu, causing a few Homebrew apps to have issues. This actual uninstalls the system menu in a way, so I still like starfall which has fixable patches. Very fixable and the only glitch with it is for regionless GC games, which only affects MIOS mode and can be fixed easily.

Sukai

Smash Champion
My friend updated my Wii, and now homebrew won't work.
It's there, but will not launch, for testing, I moved it to my SD card, but it still won't launch and won't let me move it back.
**** you Nintendo.

Sukai

Smash Champion
I don't know....
I followed the directions using the twilight hack for version 3.4 and got the latest HBC (at the time).
I upgrades HBC in May including a BootMii option, that's about it, in any case, be sure to document that Wiibrew was right in saying the 4.0 update does affect certain pre-existing HBCs. Personally, I think it's my Wii, not HBC.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
That is weird, I've heard of issues with installing that stuff on an older version of Wii, because it requires IOS61 to run it. Did you per chance upgrade by WAD install and not install IOS61?? Because if so, thats your issue.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Ok that really doesn't make sense, because the latest HBC requires IOS61 and thats the major issue, so if you upgraded normally it should work fine. I have however heard of issues through Bootmii in Homebrew built in once in a while.

Top Bottom