• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii Fit Trainer Woman. Good Heavens. EDIT: CONFIRMED FIGHTER

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
...what?

....I would say at least its better than a Mii, but we already got the Villager. So... wtf.

I know DLC isent confirmed yet, but jeeze save someone of that type for the 1st free DLC character or something, not the main roster lol

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
I thought it was a joke, but...

https://vine.co/v/blhYwA5MeLh

Her final smash is awesome though

Edit: from Nintendo's facebook

"Three new Smash Bros. characters were revealed in the Nintendo Software Showcase at E3. Mega-Man, The Villager (Animal Crossing) and the Wii Fit Trainer join the roster in the new Smash Bros.!"

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Nintendo: Giving us awesome **** we didn't know we wanted.
In all those threads talking about new characters, I dare someone to even try to find one where someone even mentioned the Wii Fit trainer.

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
This one was really out of the blue for me. So much so that I laughed out loud, a few times. I envision her as a Mr Game and Watch sort of character---really wtf-worthy and unwanted at first, but accrues growing popularity. Though that won't make me want her more, despite being incredibly funny. I guess all those people saying that Smash needs more female fighters will be "satisfied". This is the the sort of thing people get when they say that want more female characters purely for that reason. Diverse? Sure. Intelligent? Maybe not.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Why did I not see these video until now!?!
Actual gameplay and a new character confirmed!
What else will Nintendo reveal today!?!
As a fan of Wii Fit I am so Hyped!

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Oh My.... Sakurai just threw the most unexpected curveball ever. I mean....
"I've ALWAYS WANTED Wii Fit Trainer to be playable in Smash... so much that infact she deserves to be unveiled before King K Rool, Ridley, Little Mac, etc."-said FREAKING no one ever. WHY/ The only way I see her making sense is if she is a trainer in the Training mode.

iMichael

Smash Lord
The biggest thing though is you can tell he is having fun with this, I don't mind the WiiFit Trainer at all. It's not like she's the deciding factor on whether or not we buy the game lol

Lechteron

Smash Apprentice
I love it! No one thought about that but when you think about how well the Wii Fit has done and how it's shaped the last generation it makes so much sense and she actually looks like a lot of fun to play.

Edit: I just noticed something. We weren't shown the end of Samus' final smash so we didn't see ZSS and WFT (Maybe should be WTF. :bee:) does a flip thing at 32/33 seconds (http://youtu.be/uEvi2vcarSA) very similar to ZSS' maybe WFT is replacing ZSS.

Life

Smash Hero
She should have a taunt saying "Lose weight by getting attacked!"

Because, you know, that's how this game works.

Hula hoops crack me up every time.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I love this idea! Plus the video was funny! I'm super excited!

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I think Wii fit trainer shouldn't really be in the game... Although I liked the trailer. But seriously though, am I the only one pissed about this? This is a nightmare...

Life

Smash Hero
Wii Fit Trainer: making sure your body is ready for Smash 4.
Wii Fit Trainer: the most balanced character in the game.
Wii Fit Trainer: here to help you lose weight... by attacking you.
Wii Fit Trainer: ready to beat you into shape.
Wii Fit Trainer: making sure nobody trips.
Wii Fit Trainer: you'll never get board of her.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
oh my god I almost clicked the "warn" button

anyway this is actually 100% amazing and she looks like a really solid character, her moves seem fast with short cooldowns, and she seems to have good flexibility with her recovery.

Interested to see how it goes!

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
i wonder how many times sakurai has sat down in a room and thought "what characters would nobody ever expect in this game?". i love the crowd reaction as they watch her trailer, they're all "wat....lol....really? ROFL WUT"

i can't wait to see what else gets unveiled

nessokman

Smash Lord
Wii Fit Trainer: making sure your body is ready for Smash 4.
Wii Fit Trainer: the most balanced character in the game.
Wii Fit Trainer: here to help you lose weight... by attacking you.
Wii Fit Trainer: ready to beat you into shape.
Wii Fit Trainer: making sure nobody trips.
Wii Fit Trainer: you'll never get board of her.
That S**T is going in my sig lolol

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Not at all what I expected, but I loved the trailer. Smash is a celebration of Nintendo's history, and Wii Fit was a huge hit. I like quicker characters, so I'll give her a shot. Maybe a secondary.

Mezerian

Smash Cadet
Gotta admit: my eart sorta fell when I first read that the Wii fit trainer had been added. Kinda had a moment of "Oh god, if they're cramming In characters like that what hope remains now?!
After actually seeing the trailer though, I've been persuaded. Like... Though she's an unexpected character, it totally looks like she fits right in while also representing modern Nintendo surprisingly well.
The big question? What's next, nintendo?

ChozoBoy

Smash Apprentice
When I saw the trailer, I half-thought that it might be a silly newcomer parody video that was well-timed before clicking it.

She might be the best part of E3. Way too clever, and I'm glad Sakurai was able to deliver something that we didn't already expect,

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Are you serious people? What's clever about adding an ordinary fitness women.. :facepalm:? It truly is categorized as "WTF", but still, this isn't a great idea. If you guys have something that's convincing about the Wii Fit Trainer, please do share it, it might ultimately change my mind. However, for now, my hopes got crushed as a result of such a character joining my favorite game...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Are you serious people? What's clever about adding an ordinary fitness women.. :facepalm:? It truly is categorized as "WTF", but still, this isn't a great idea. If you guys have something that's convincing about the Wii Fit Trainer, please do share it, it might ultimately change my mind. However, for now, my hopes got crushed as a result of such a character joining my favorite game...
Besides the fact she's a hilarious add-in, in my opinion, partially because people are being so anal about "used slots" even though that's not even a thing...

It appears her attacks will be pretty potent. Her yoga will scream victory throughout the universe.
Apparently she'll "be good against characters like Bowser", so the slow and strong and heavy characters. Not that she was specifically for that purpose. One could interpret it to to mean her attacks have enough knockback to whip the fat cast into shape.

Lechteron

Smash Apprentice
It's awesome because Mr. Game & Watch and ROB are awesome. They were both from out of left field. It is true that they were both very retro and she's modern but she still fits the same category. Every one cried "Doesn't fit!" about Snake but he fit in just fine. The same thing will happen with Wii Fit Trainer. She seems odd now but eventually she'll just be another Smash character.

To be perfectly honest I think it's a great sign for the game. It means that the creative juices are flowing strong. No one thought of her, but some one on the design team did.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
ROB, Snake, G&W are unique and extraordinary characters in their own way. Wii fit trainer is just an ordinary women like anyone else who didn't star in any specific game as an important character. Honestly speaking though, I think the Wii balance board coulld have been a better character to add :grin:

Top Bottom