• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wifi Regulars Tournament - Round 4

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
We should play sometime. I seldom play this game anymore, and you've gotten my attention. I'm very interested, if you are.:applejack:

20th is a bit of a stretch, RX, apparently.
but...but... http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=306431

i'll definitely play you, but don't expect too much. i'm assuming you main ike? i've had a lot of practice against beast's ike so i'll probably be able to put up a fight

Zulo

Smash Ace
I'm planning on making a comeback but hey don't listen to the person in the losers bracket.

:phone:
Nobody's played you. You're like the dark horse. Funny because of your username.

I expect you to do well though. If you get knocked out before losers' semis, I wouldn't expect it to be by anyone but Dyclone.

Retro: Don't listen to FoxBlaze. You're not bad, just need more mixups... and less stone, sorry. xD

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
well, just like I watch M2K to help my MK, I watch Ally to help my snake. I don't care what the top 5 brawl thing says, after all the stuff I've watched, Ally's the best IMO

these are the main things i know about snake
-how to DACUS. finally can do it. much easier with z instead up on cstick let me tell you
-grenades have 3 different throw strengths, shield/roll/dodge from air drops them
-use lot's of ftilts, mix them up with throws and jab on occasion
-use up-B the instant you fall off the stage, also use C4 for a boost although i haven't gotten the hang of that exactly
-don't rely on aerials too much, i like b-air but i think it's just the kirby in me
-usually it's best to dthrow and set up grenades/mines around to limit their options

also i have extreme difficulty ledgehugging as snake
NO NO NO GOD DAMN NO! You obviously didn't get the gist of that guide.

- Don't use lots of ANY attack. It makes you predictable.
-When C4 recovering, always drop and explode the C4 as quickly as possible ( If you think it's hard now, wait till you try in in Project M )
- A DJ ( Double Jump ) Nair is a great way to make a defensive wall between you and your foe, especially when Reverse Jump Canceled. ( To do this, run, quickly turn, jump and attack, and you'll go in the opposite direction. Also useful with usmashes, but not for Snake. ) Also, Uair is a great finisher, and Dair can be used to start combos. Fair is crap.
-Dthrowing is useless without tech chasing knowledge and practice reading your opponent.
-Another little useful trick - use True Pivot fsmashes ( quickly input a dash and let go, GENTLY input the opposite direction, and attack. You'll be able to attack in the opposite direction. ) Great for when your opponent is trying to corner you into the ledge.
- Wavebouncing (inputting a turn in the air and quickly, I think it's within twenty frames ( one-third of a second ) pressing B. The attack will be reversed. This technique is invaluable for Snake.
- Something I discovered myself- when you've regrabbed one grenade, you can pull out another and they'll both drop. I'll let you figure out how to use this one.
-For ledgehogging, just run and as soon as you are off the stage, TDI ( tap directional influence, or tilting the analog ) toward the stage.

I do not comprehend.
@FoxBlaze Meh, just look closer. Knubs is obviously is the better Luigi.
STOP BEING A ****ING PESSIMIST. IF YOU KEEP THINKING YOU'LL LOSE, YOU WILL LOSE@

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Thanks for the link, RX. It's been months since I last lurked Brawl sub-forum, Kirby used to be quite high on the list.:applejack: Yes, I main Ike.

Darktoon's really good, Zulo, though I understand why you would be dubious.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Retro: You'll make up your own eventually. You basically just have to be one step ahead of the other player. If you think I'm expecting a bair and put up my sheild to grab you out of it, you could just fall to the ground and grab me first, or fall just outside of my grab range and punish my wiffed grab. I don't know how to Snake, but he's got a ton of mindgame opportunity with his grenades. Don't throw them in the same pattern every time, mix it up.

Zatch: Yeah, I know, he knocked me out. xD The games were pretty close though.

Fox: I agree with Dyclone on that matter. His Weegee's nowhere near as good as, say, his Jigglypuff. Which he mains regardless of what he says.

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
Ohhh okay. I didn't know you could fall to the ground and grab, I just figured out the hold the shield and grab the person doing the aerial recently

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
That might be because I didn't read it XD

Just not feeling up to it now
At least read the tips I gave, they'll be vital to you.

Nah, I'm not pessimistic. I'm just being realistic...
THEN PRACTICE! PRACTICE LIKE THAT MOTHER****ER IS ALREADY UP ON YOUR ***!

PRACTICE LIKE ITS THE ******** MOST IMPORTANT THING OF YOUR LIFE!

Ok, I've officially had too much caffeine....

Zulo

Smash Ace
Ohhh okay. I didn't know you could fall to the ground and grab, I just figured out the hold the shield and grab the person doing the aerial recently
It's highly impractical unless you're doing it as a mindgame once or twice, but yeah there's nothing stopping you from doing it. I've pulled it off, because the other person is probably waiting for you to hit their sheild, not waiting for you to hit the ground.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
A bunch of oversized text-
Still losing motivation to really play this game... plus 'practice' doesn't tell me anything.

@Retro Don't listen to Zuloooooo!
Intentionally trying to do something like that is what makes some of the players I've met on wifi so bad.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Still losing motivation to really play this game... plus 'practice' doesn't tell me anything.
DYCLONE

ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Y U NO PRACTICE MORE?

But yeah, I actually hear ya. After this tourney, mostly thanks to Mario Kart 7, I'll be laying off Brawl for a good while. The lag is just really starting to frustrate me, among other things. Eh.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Try with Luigi first. His floatiness makes it easy. Once you've mastered that, try again with Snake.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
DYCLONE

ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Y U NO PRACTICE MORE?

But yeah, I actually hear ya. After this tourney, mostly thanks to Mario Kart 7, I'll be laying off Brawl for a good while. The lag is just really starting to frustrate me, among other things. Eh.
PS3 keeps me busy. I'm trying to catch up on my trophies. The lag for the Wii is just too annoying at times. What really annoys me is that I lag with friends playing online the Wii but yet on the PS3 when we play together there is NO lag...

Dyclone

Smash Ace
DYCLONE

ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Y U NO PRACTICE MORE?

But yeah, I actually hear ya. After this tourney, mostly thanks to Mario Kart 7, I'll be really laying off Brawl for a while. The lag is just really starting to frustrate me, among other things. Eh.
Yeah, kind of the way I feel.
I just go online, set the controller down, play the DS/Whatever, try to get a match, fail, and go offline to do something else. Then it all repeats.

You gave the imperative already... the Luigi ditto. Maybe even do a few practice rounds with Knubs.
Playing someone is nothing to get excited about, especially thinking about past experiences.
Late Edit: Who said we were going to have a ditto?

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
Try with Luigi first. His floatiness makes it easy. Once you've mastered that, try again with Snake.
luigi is not the easiest for me. i can ledgehug 100% of the time with MK, 95% with kirby, and 90% with Olimar, Lucas, TL, Jiggs. really it's easiest with MK, you don't even have to bring the control stick back, he just grabs on
@Retro Don't listen to Zuloooooo!
Intentionally trying to do something like that is what makes some of the players I've met on wifi so bad.
Aaaah what do I do then? XD

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Dyclone, you can no longer be a role model. Even you're ****** me no longer is an encouragement.

No one shares my dedication anymore....

Retro: Then keep trying with the characters you're not good with. Don't do MK, he'll mess you up trying with other characters.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
luigi is not the easiest for me. i can ledgehug 100% of the time with MK, 95% with kirby, and 90% with Olimar, Lucas, TL, Jiggs. really it's easiest with MK, you don't even have to bring the control stick back, he just grabs on

Aaaah what do I do then? XD
Read parts of guides, I can think of some. I'm not good with it, though.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I've been on PS3 and Xbox 360, for a majority of the reasons stated prior.:applejack:
CoD <3

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
PS3 keeps me busy. I'm trying to catch up on my trophies. The lag for the Wii is just too annoying at times. What really annoys me is that I lag with friends playing online the Wii but yet on the PS3 when we play together there is NO lag...
Yep, that sounds about right for most Wii games, though Mario Kart Wii is actually one of the few games on the Wii that's lagless; and from what I hear of people who already have the game, Mario Kart 7's online is lagless too. All the more reason for the hype of it. :reverse:

Dyclone

Smash Ace
Dyclone, you can no longer be a role model. Even you're ****** me no longer is an encouragement.

No one shares my dedication anymore....

Retro: Then keep trying with the characters you're not good with. Don't do MK, he'll mess you up trying with other characters.
What dedication? Haven't seen any from you.
Edit: I'm always late :<

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
You know, just **** you.

I HAVE BEEN PLAYING THIS **** **** GAME FOR ALMOST EVERY DAY FOR ABOUT A YEAR AND A HALF, ETERNALLY CHASING PERFECTION! WHEN I REACH IT, YOUR SORRY *** WILL NOT BE ON MY THANK YOU LIST!

ACTUALLY, MORE THAN A YEAR AND A HALF! I TOOK A YEAR LONG HIATUS IN MID-2008!

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
Umm the reason I'm not good with characters is because I don't like them as characters and therefore don't play them.

Funny story, the reason I first started playing kirby was because you had to be him 20 times to unlock the green greens stage, before him i used lucas/MK/not much of a definitive "main"

well i'm signing off guys. good luck in our match tomorrow knubs, although apparently i need it more than you do XD

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Yes, but if it's harder, it will help you break into using Snake.

This place has turned almost into a social....

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Knubs knows everything about the ditto; level 9 CPUs have taught him well.:applejack:

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Right, because we'll be doing Luigi dittos. I don't want to either? Lol.
@Zatch
Level 1 CPUs teach me everything, fool.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
DAT DERE DYCLONE RAPIN' MAH **** UP!

Lmao. GG's, Dyclone, though I still object to you using me as a freakin' ragdoll... o_O Lol. I should probably quit using any character that isn't Kirby... xD

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Come at me bro. But in all seriousness, I'm ready now. lol

Edit: Who's the guy that is recording replays?
And.. Brawl. ._.; Anyone want to friendly a bit until the match?

Darktoon

Smash Journeyman
Will this be the final conclusion of the knubs saga? Find out on the next episode of ____ (Enter your own title here.)

:phone:

Top Bottom