• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wifi Regulars Tournament - Round 4

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
i can say that i warmed up retro. his mk is the most annoying thing ive seen. He might be a good fight. I tried 75% of my power(random estimate). I'll root for retro.

O_O, if retro wins then knubs will be in the losers bracket and i will be screwed.
Annoying doesn't mean good. It was also predictable, and was no contest against my Sonic.

I don't get why people are even speculating about this. Knubs is going to end up winning 2-0 and probably 3 stock Retro in every match.

@Zatch- What the **** do you mean?

Retro, say your prayers.

ALL HAIL KING KNUBS!

On an unrelated note, the best and lulziest Brawl match ever:

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ0wAKXhhb4

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
k i'm back. Foxblaze join my room, it says you're online. What i mean about my wii is sometimes it can't read the disc and i have to restart it

also about your signature, don't underestimate stone. it can go through charging smashes/nado, and hammer/b-air out of stone is pretty useful

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
And it can get shielded and PUNISHED.

I just left my Wii on, I can't play right now ( ******* science project. ) I might be able to play this Monday.

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
actually most people try to grab you out of it, so if you use it from far enough away they will run in trying to grab and you can slam them with hammer out of stone. but using it from above your opponent when they're directly under you...that's not a good idea

monday could work

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Well, if you use it far away from an opponent, it's obviously just baiting and should be ignored.

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
yes it should be ignored, but punishing it seems so easy that most people will rush at it with a grab

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Thanks, Dyclone. Where is Mike? This Kirby inquiry is his responsibility to enlighten.:applejack:

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
Out of all things, why grab?.. that's not even a good punish in most cases.
because kirby can be grabbed out of stone. but it you don't grab and instead charge up an fsmash or something...kirby's a little bit screwed.

i don't really know the official kirby guide stuff, i taught myself how to play him so my techniques may not be proven to work

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Are there any videos of Knubs' matches on YouTube? I tried searching but I couldn't find anything. (Just wanna know what I might be up against. Lol.)
Sure. A lot of it is not Mario/Old/Old/Old/Bad matches/Random characters not my main. I think I only have 3 Luigi matches somewhere.
I'm only using Mario though, so i don't know if those videos will help.
And my tag is (well was) SogeK for most matches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MatpHs5DiYo

I like this one. : D

Vouching for RX because Knubs doesn't even know how to use the potty, let alone play Bawrl.:applejack:
So true. Now help me wipe, bro.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Retro, you are so going to get *****. Then he's going to wipe his *** with your carcass.

I'm just wondering when people are going to start placing bets.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
naw, i don't have much fear in me anyway, i watch a lot of big tournament videos. i'm thinking MK for me when I play him

oh and @knubs, i can't play anymore tonight but tomorrow should work sometime after 2 EST. make sure you get replays for Foxblaze

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
naw, i don't have much fear in me anyway, i watch a lot of big tournament videos. i'm thinking MK for me when I play him

oh and @knubs, i can't play anymore tonight but tomorrow should work sometime after 2 EST. make sure you get replays for Foxblaze
MK is for douches who are too noobie to beat good players. It didn't work on me, and it sure as hell won't work on him.

Also,

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Locn5pr5NY4&feature=BFa&list=ULXvUqE-Ruhbo&lf=mfu_in_order

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
MK is for douches who are too noobie to beat good players.
I use MK in friendlies. Gosh, I thought I could at least be a scrub, rather than a noobie. Alas, I'd feel horrible if I was given any clemency.:applejack:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I use MK in friendlies. Gosh, I thought I could at least be a scrub, rather than a noobie. Alas, I'd feel horrible if I was given any clemency.:applejack:
I'm talking about a SERIOUS match.

Especially in terms of a noob using him.

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
MK is for douches who are too noobie to beat good players. It didn't work on me, and it sure as hell won't work on him.
My MK isn't that bad. It "didn't work" on you because I was unfamiliar with the matchup. I mean Sonic? I'd never even seen a half decent Sonic before. And I'm better now. If MK doesn't work I can always go to Snake, or Kirby if I have to. Those are the 3 characters I'd consider using.

I'd really like to play you again Foxblaze, just save replays next time. Also don't put down MK, your MK is pretty good and I don't think you'd refer to yourself as "noobie"

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
You know what would be an amazing match (maybe as a tournament friendly later on)? Dyclone's Luigi vs Knubs' Luigi. I would pay to see a replay of that.

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
M2k is such a newb.
Everything I learned about MK I learned from watching videos of him. And Ally's MK. Except I like M2K's better

@Foxblaze I never said anything about tiers. Sure I use MK and Snake, but I also use Kirby, and he's ranked like 20th

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm talking about a SERIOUS match.
Oh... I've never used MK in a serious match, mainly because I wouldn't be able to continue playing on my abysmal state of mind after doing so.:applejack: People have their tastes, so I can't judge.

Especially in terms of a noob using him.
Well of course. Noob playing MK = Noob in general, at least, to my comprehension of what I've just read.:applejack:

My MK isn't that bad. It "didn't work" on you because I was unfamiliar with the matchup. I mean Sonic? I'd never even seen a half decent Sonic before. And I'm better now. If MK doesn't work I can always go to Snake, or Kirby if I have to. Those are the 3 characters I'd consider using.

I'd really like to play you again Foxblaze, just save replays next time. Also don't put down MK, your MK is pretty good and I don't think you'd refer to yourself as "noobie"
We should play sometime. I seldom play this game anymore, and you've gotten my attention. I'm very interested, if you are.:applejack:

20th is a bit of a stretch, RX, apparently.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord

Dyclone

Smash Ace
You know what would be an amazing match (maybe as a tournament friendly later on)? Dyclone's Luigi vs Knubs' Luigi. I would pay to see a replay of that.
Look at his Luigi then look and mine...
I also have no experience in the Luigi ditto.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I watched some of your matches, and I actually think you and Knubs are about even.

Also, CK, so many dodge rolls.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I do, Dyclone. I really miss Scatt.:applejack:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Dittos don't even count as an MU; it just matters who is the better player and who knows his character's weaknesses the best.

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
well, just like I watch M2K to help my MK, I watch Ally to help my snake. I don't care what the top 5 brawl thing says, after all the stuff I've watched, Ally's the best IMO

these are the main things i know about snake
-how to DACUS. finally can do it. much easier with z instead up on cstick let me tell you
-grenades have 3 different throw strengths, shield/roll/dodge from air drops them
-use lot's of ftilts, mix them up with throws and jab on occasion
-use up-B the instant you fall off the stage, also use C4 for a boost although i haven't gotten the hang of that exactly
-don't rely on aerials too much, i like b-air but i think it's just the kirby in me
-usually it's best to dthrow and set up grenades/mines around to limit their options
-it's okay to get by your own grenades as long as the opponent gets hit too, you have the advantage cause snake is so darned heavy
-utilt is best kill move
-when in the fire a side b and just let it drop with you

also i have extreme difficulty ledgehugging as snake

Dyclone

Smash Ace
Top Bottom