• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wi Vitality Sensor....um yea.....WTF?!

DivineBlade

Smash Apprentice
I think it's safe to say this was the most awkward moment in E3.
The fact that the Wii is getting a new add-on sounds like another generic proposal but when I first saw it at the press conference I thought the concept was pretty pointless, yet I assumed they might be on to something. Then after Iwata wrapped up saying it measures your Heart Rate on the Wii while making his leave, then I thought it was safe to say WTF?

We cannot anticipate what Nintendo plans to do with it or if it will have any connection to Wii Fit + but I still think they have something in store for us.

Discuss your thoughts on this or what link it may have on future games. I had a conversation with one of my friends, saying it might be compatible with Survival Horror games and it will measure your heart rate which will directly affect your character's performance. But the again, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I don't know. Heart rate can indicate a lot of things about a person's stability.

I was like... oh my God. This is what you announce when no one is looking except the old people with blood pressure issues...

But now that I think about it, it might have some interesting uses. Heavy on the might.

Eitherway, I'm not entirely comfortable with having to wear some kind of finger nail cozy.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Uses I can think of.
-Cheat for games like smash. When you have high damage %s, put your finger in and you'll get healed.

AT THE COST OF YOUR OWN LIFE FORCE. ...Kidding.

-Sakurai gets the fingerprints of the best smasher not to KILL HIM/HER OFF. But to give them money, cats, and the key to Princess Peach's castle.

-Nintendo lols at flat-liners. J/k also, I still luv ya'!

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I figure it could be used to further immerse the player into the game. More realistic when a game makes you the character. Or perhaps provide some form of stimuli to your finger in order to cause certain emotions. For example, a scary part of a game is coming up, it squeezes your thumb. You now recognize this signal and begin to become scared.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Crappy Game Developers will dismiss this as crap.
Good Game Developers will try to make this Awesome.

This could actually reinvent On rail shooters. Increased Heart Rate could up the speed and enemies on screen at a time. I couldn't think of many things ATM but there are possibly more.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I just hope that people's heart rates actually change enough when they play video games to make a significance difference.

I'd imagine running around in a war zone with real guns would be somewhat different that sitting on your couch.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I would be much more interested in this device if instead of measuring your heartrate, it could mimic the motions you make with your finger into the game. Could you imagine the gameplay possibilities of a device that allowed you to point, drag, write with your finger, etc.?

Blind_Smasher

Smash Rookie
I don't know about this one...It could be used to check your fingerprints so you could log in to youtube from your wii or something like that...or maybe it could check your heartbeat and put it into Wii Music XD

Top Bottom